Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) (28859 Views)

Outrage As Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, Liters The Road With Patients Blood / Doctor Assaults Registered Nurse At Abaji General Hospital Again / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) (2) (3) (4)

Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by saints2(f): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
salawerokosu:
i work in d state general hospital and it is not possible for patients to sleep on d floor.

But pictures don't lie... You see the pictures abi
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by kajoula(m): 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2016
lofty900:
It's better to save their lives on the floor than to deny them treatment because of lack of bedspace

NIGERIAN KIND OF SENCE THAT YOU CARRY EHN GOD WILL HELP YOU.
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
kajoula:

NIGERIAN KIND OF SENCE THAT YOU CARRY EHN GOD WILL HELP YOU.
but I'm saying the truth na
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by eyinjuege: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
irepagbor:

There is something wrong with the photos. perhaps we didn't get the real pics.

FACT: 1.
There is no hospital ward in this country with chairs..............so OP need to explain better, not just deceptive pics.

FACT: 2.
There must be special bond between a staff or the hospital and patient. e.g Tribalism or nepotism or humanitarian.
I am sure no bed space but the doctor or patient agree to rest or being treated there.

That's probably the waiting room/ reception where patients and relatives are meant to sit and wait their turn to be attended to and not a ward.

Unfortunately, due to very limited no of hospitals catering for the humongous population of Lagos, bed space is usually not available.

I think they should have probably just referred the patients, though most often these makeshift beds are usually sorted out as soon as they can discharge fit patients from the proper beds in the casualty and then transfer these ones on the chairs.
Atimes, efforts to "help" are always misconstrued.
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
Lord have mercy
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by DedeNkem: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nigeria is a failed State, thanks to the incompetent and very-corrupt hausas abd yorubas who have been in power for more than 60 years!
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by haconjy(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
see where I was born. God.
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by kajoula(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
lofty900:
but I'm saying the truth na

The kind of truth every Nigerian politician would say. grin
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by Drabrah(m): 8:39am On Jan 20, 2016
saints2:

Are you for real?? You mean you can do this if you are a doctor? Maybe you need to read the story once again..

My dear, d'u blame d MD (or Drs & other workers) wu defy all odds 2 still attend 2 patients in this inhumane condition or rather d govt dat's failed 2 make adequate provision 4 it's Citizenry?
I'm sure if any of ur relatives was rushed 2 dat facility, was rejected & eventually kpai u'll b singing a different tune.
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by princesscrown(f): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
It's better to save their lives on the floor than to deny them treatment because of lack of bedspace
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by ay044: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
saints2:
Please, I need the mods to help me push this to FP please...

This is a general hospital at Orile Agege, in Lagos State. According to my source who visited this place, he told me that patients are been treated on bare floor, yes, I mean bare flood. He said the MD of this hospital has refused to discharge these sets of people when they complained of the condition of the hospital, the MD also stated that no one should be referred to any other hospital, knowing fully well that there is no bed space left again, the patients have no choice but to sleep on the floor, on benches and on the metal chairs at the reception.

The MD still made these patients to pay, even though they had no bed space and rats were rampant in this place, I was reliably informed that rats roam this facilities at will. An unconfirmed report have it that, there may be likely case of LASSA fever in this hospital.

I want to use this medium to call on the Executive Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Ambode, The commissioner of health, Dr. Jide Idris and other law enforcement to please go into this hospital before we have an epidemic situation in Lagos state.

Below are some pictures to know the state of hospital..

Source:
http://ajayiwrites..com.ng/2016/01/general-hospital-in-orile-agege-where.html

cc: lalasticlala

Part of change
Re: General Hospital In Orile Agege Where Patients Sleep On The Floor (exclusive) by jbblues24(m): 1:40am On Jun 02, 2019
Let me take a nap... great type, anyway. sad

UNIMAID Student Undergoes Successful Facial Surgery After Acid Attack / COVID-19: Makinde Imposes Curfew On Oyo, Bans Inter-State Movement From Sunday / Dr. Ada Igonoh Gives Birth To A Boy In California, USA (Photo)