Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k (7094 Views)

Help: I Am Struggling With The Idea Of Having Another Child / What's Your Idea Of A Strong Man? / Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hi lovely people, my darling has decided to give me money to start up a business so I can take care of his children. Pls I want a business I can start with 100k after paying for shop rent. Pls dnt suggest online business because I hate it with passion, though a brother suggested I start selling fairly used home appliances like iron,electric cooker, oven,washing machine etc and someone also suggested selling pampers in quantity. Am so confused

1 Like

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Cutehector(m): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
When there is money, ideas just disappear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by kolomax(m): 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
Go establish a barbing saloon or laundry service
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by jamesilo(m): 3:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
if ur in Port-Harcourt, der are so many u cn do... jst call me 08126779279
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by sakabe(m): 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
op abeg come gimme d money. I will be giving u 20k weekly 4 12 weeks. FYI, i am a money doubler by profession.
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
kolomax:
Go establish a barbing saloon or laundry service
the laundry service really make sense but that will require huge amount of money
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
jamesilo:
if ur in Port-Harcourt, der are so many u cn do... jst call me 08126779279
bros am in Lagos but you can still tell me any business idea
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
Funny people

Op it depends on wat u want to do

We av several sectors of d economy

Wat sector suits u well

Is it agriculture sector , commerce sector, etc

And ur business do u wana start a business to meet ends means

Or want to start a business to create more employment nd b a boss

wen u decide i can move a step further with my advise hope u answer tho
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by kolomax(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

the laundry service really make sense but that will require huge amount of money
no bro.. Double tube washing machine 32k or less iron 3k table, bench, detergent, starch 4k or less shop rent 50k not compulsory a very big shop
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
kolomax:
no bro.. Double tube washing machine 32k or less iron 3k table, bench, detergent, starch 4k or less shop rent 50k not compulsory a very big shop
Bros thank you sir, I will discuss it with my husband
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2016
sickstars:
Funny people

Op it depends on wat u want to do

We av several sectors of d economy

Wat sector suits u well

Is it agriculture sector , commerce sector, etc

And ur business do u wana start a business to meet ends means

Or want to start a business to create more employment nd b a boss

wen u decide i can move a step further with my advise hope u answer tho
thanks for your reply. Of course I want to do it to make ends meet and also to create employment if possible
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

thanks for your reply. Of course I want to do it to make ends meet and also to create employment if possible

Cool wat part of d sectors of an economy do u like eg agric sector commerce sector health sector etc?

Wats ur interest is it fashion music football ?
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by kolomax(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

Bros thank you sir, I will discuss it with my husband
manage it pending the time you will be able to buy generator and other things
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
sickstars:

Cool wat part of d sectors of an economy do u like eg agric sector commerce sector health sector etc?

Wats ur interest is it fashion music football ?
I think I like the commerce sector and I love fashion a lot
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

Good den u can start a fashion store

Fashion doesnt av to mean cloths only we av shoes ,bags , styling of hair , accessories, jewelleries, u can actually sell materials needed by designers to make designs just sit tink of d aspect of fashion dat u will enjoy doing nd earning ur money

Wen making ur decision tink of d cost nd ow time cosuming it wud b u kno u cant place work over family
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

Fashion doesnt av to mean cloths only we av shoes ,bags , styling of hair , accessories, jewelleries, u can actually sell materials needed by designers to make designs just sit tink of d aspect of fashion dat u will enjoy doing nd earning ur money

Wen making ur decision tink of d cost nd ow time cosuming it wud b u kno u cant place work over family
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by kweenkong(f): 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
What about second hand clothing for children, high grade of cos.
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by byvan03: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
I don't think 100k can pay for shop and stock it, except you want to open a kiosk.

3 Likes

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2016
sickstars:

Thank you so much I will think about this

1 Like

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

Thank you so much I will think about this

smiley Glad i cud help u ma
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Graceland1(f): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
smiley
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Ama80(f): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
Frm d money available to you,im afraid u hav to start really small.how much is ur rent?if aftr paying rent,u still have up to 50k,then go into drinks,caprisonne,lacasera,et al,bottled water,satchet water bags(quite some number to fill a space).with time,u will hav to buy freezer or local ice maker to start freezing d bags of pure water.gud luck.
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by ifyalways(f): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
@All, OP said 100K after rent.
Basic food stuff and agege bread. Food stuff like :
A bag of rice,beans and garri : resale in cups and derica
Palm and ground nut oil in gallons : resale in bottles.
Pure water bags and bottle water(wholesale)
Recharge cards( small denominations move faster )
Canned juices ( cheap ones) and bobo
Biscuits
Noodles
Alabukun, origin (canned) .
If you have deep freezer and constant light , u can add frozen iced fish, chicken and turkey.

6 Likes

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
ifyalways:
@All, OP said 100K after rent.
Basic food stuff and agege bread. Food stuff like :
A bag of rice,beans and garri : resale in cups and derica
Palm and ground nut oil in gallons : resale in bottles.
Pure water bags and bottle water(wholesale)
Recharge cards( small denominations move faster )
Canned juices ( cheap ones) and bobo
Biscuits
Noodles
Alabukun, origin (canned) .
If you have deep freezer and constant light , u can add frozen iced fish, chicken and turkey.

you mean I should tell my husband that I want to sell those things listed above with almost 200k. Then I need less than 50k to do it and I can't even sell those things. Thanks anyway
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by ifyalways(f): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
munarule:

you mean I should tell my husband that I want to sell those things listed above with almost 200k. Then I need less than 50k to do it and I can't even sell those things. Thanks anyway
No, you should tell your gateman.

Ofcourse you can't sell foodstuff, too petty for your posh self.

Why are you sounding like I sent you message? My response was based on what I myself would do if I had just 100K capital and if you didn't like it,you should have just ignored it as opposed to sounding lofty.

FYI : a bag of beans costs btw 27 to 33K. A bag of rice 12 to 17K, bag of ijebu garri starts from 8K. I won't bother you with the price of 25liters of oil so you see, that 100K as capital for foodstuff na management kpa kpa!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by cococandy(f): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2016
munarule:

Have you done any kind of market survey at all?
100k is not that big an amount just in case you think it is.

That part about selling used home appliances won't work IMO. First 100k won't furnish a shop for used home appliances and you won't start turning in profits soon since it's not a daily need item.

Start with everyday items that people buy all the time. If you can't sell what @ifyalways suggested, you can consider selling cooked food and soft drinks (but the cooking requires hard work).
If you're not cut out for that, consider cheap beauty products like hair braiding attachments.etc girls buy that all the time.
Don't go for the expensive ones. You don't want to have only two items hanging in your shop.

5 Likes

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by PresVA: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2016
munarule:

You need less than 50k?
Your 100k can't even do that business well... are you taking 100k to be one huge sum for business or what? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by cococandy(f): 9:03am On Jan 20, 2016
I didn't even see this your post before I typed mine. Anti-spam bot caught me. angry

The OP sounds like she no dey go market.
Things are expensive from what i remember and they are probably even worse now. With all that's going on economically.
On a normal naija day 20k may not even buy you one sac full of household grocery in the open dirt cheap markets like ariaria

Maybe she lives in the north. I heard those folks are in another kind of paradise that side.
ifyalways:

Why are you sounding like I sent you message? My response was based on what I myself would do if I had just 100K capital and if you didn't like it,you should have just ignored it as opposed to sounding lofty.

FYI : a bag of beans costs btw 27 to 33K. A bag of rice 12 to 17K, bag of ijebu garri starts from 8K. I won't bother you with the price of 25liters of oil so you see, that 100K as capital for foodstuff na management kpa kpa!
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2016
ifyalways:

madam you dnt need to insult me ok. Though I thought of going into foodstuffs and frozen food before(I already hv 2 deep freezer at home) but someone told me it's a dirty business that I shouldn't think about it. So I abandoned the idea
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by cococandy(f): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2016
munarule:

madam you dnt need to insult me ok. Though I thought of going into foodstuffs and frozen food before(I already hv 2 deep freezer at home) but someone told me it's a dirty business that I shouldn't think about it. So I abandoned the idea
If you already have freezers, even better. That way your capital will stretch further.
Selling cold soft drinks in addition to whatever else you may choose to sell is not a bad idea.
With the way the sun makes people thirsty all the time. You'll always find someone who wants to buy something cold to drink.
Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by ifyalways(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2016
munarule:

Did your friend explain what s/he mean by dirty business? I run a foodstuff business my dear and when u said " those things", you not only insulted me and others in that line but sounded super ignorant.

Do you eat daily? Do you buy clothes, weave on, make-up daily?
How many average Nigerian families buy new clothes,shoes etc each month?

I don't agree that foodstuff business is a dirty one. My shop for foodstuff is in a complex where rent is 400K per annum and the place is super neat. Same for lots of others. Income is guaranteed daily, and so is sales.

Well, if you dont like it, good for you but don't call it a dirty business or look down on people that do it.

12 Likes

Re: Give Me An Idea Of Business I Can Start With 100k by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2016
cococandy:
I didn't even see this your post before I typed mine. Anti-spam bot caught me. angry

The OP sounds like she no dey go market.
Things are expensive from what i remember and they are probably even worse now. With all that's going on economically.
On a normal naija day 20k may not even buy you one sac full of household grocery in the open dirt cheap markets like ariaria

Maybe she lives in the north. I heard those folks are in another kind of paradise that side.
Aunty speeerm nyash swallowed my post too. cheesy

OP, is obviously interested in flashy, posh business like boutique.

See agro farmers living large and doing well for themselves. I was at a Young guys farm at Obinze two weeks ago and wished I was wiser a few years ago. The guy is making cool cash daily, eats good fresh foods and enjoying peaceful life in the quiet country side.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Witness Childbirth Scenario ?.( Graphic Pic ) / My Mum Is Still Being Chased By Men / Enugu Doctor Takes 48th Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.