Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Amazing Biblical Nonsense - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amazing Biblical Nonsense (872 Views)

God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. / The Nonsense of Satanism, Demigod666, Billyonaire And Blaqcoffee109 / The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Biblical Nonsense by DeathStroke007(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Genesis Chapter 3 verse 8- 15

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

GOD WALKING IN THE GARDEN IN THE COOL DAY.. AMAZING NONSENSE ISN'T IT? GOD THAT NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN WALKS..

And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

GOD THAT IS ALL-KNOWING ASKING HIS CREATION WHERE HE IS.. ISN'T THAT AMAZING?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I
was naked; and I hid myself.

THIS PART IS COOL.. HIDING HIMSELF FROM GOD THAT IS ALL-SEEING... AMAZING NONSENSE

And he said, Who told thee that thou
wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

THIS AMAZING FABLE IS WRITTEN BY SOME STUPID BEING..

1 Like

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by DeathStroke007(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
Genesis 32:22-32 New International Version (NIV)
Jacob Wrestles With God
That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
The man asked him, “What is your name?”
“Jacob,” he answered.
Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”
But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “IT IS BECAUSE I SAW GOD FACE TO FACE, AND YET MY LIFE WAS SPARED.”
The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip. Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob’s hip was touched near the tendon.

AMAZING ISN'T IT? AMAZING BIBLICAL NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by johnw74: 1:04am On Jan 20, 2016
^^^

Ha ha, this person along with fellow muslim hockeyoilers and others, hasn't a clue about understanding the poetic and other literary styles of the Bible.
And how could they understand, God has allowed satan to blind them because of their unbelief of the truth:

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

https://carm.org/bible-writing-styles

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by johnw74: 2:12am On Jan 20, 2016
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Christ is the image of God
which means an exact likeness
God and the Word is God

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 20, 2016
What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus peace be upon him during his trial?

MAT 27:28 scarlet

JOH 19:2 purple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 20, 2016
How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?

2KI 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

2CH 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Do you answer a fool?

PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Ascend to heaven

"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2KI 2:11)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (JOH 3:13)
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by DeathStroke007(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2016
johnw74:

God and the Word is God

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

what is this one saying.. so all these rubbish that's in your story book that insults our Creator is poetic trash? you a disgrace to human nation.. Your creator is being insulted and you say it's poetic trash?
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by DeathStroke007(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2016
johnw74:

God and the Word is God

now.. i will show you that john 1:1 is a lie..

Jesus was not the entire Word of GOD Almighty. He rather was a Word from the Word; meaning that he was created from the Word of GOD Almighty.

Mistranslation of the text:

In the "original" Greek manuscripts (Did the disciple John speak Greek?), "The Word" is only described as being "ton theos"(divine/a god) and not as being "ho theos" (The Divine/ The God). A more faithful and correct translation of this verse would thus read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was divine" (If you read the New World Translation of the Bible you will find exactly this wording).
Similarly, in "The New Testament, An American Translation" this verse is honestly presented as
"In the beginning the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was divine."
The New Testament, An American Translation, Edgar Goodspeed and J. M. Powis Smith, The University of Chicago Press, p. 173
And again in the dictionary of the Bible, under the heading of "God" we read
"Jn 1:1 should rigorously be translated 'the word was with the God [=the Father], and the word was a divine being.'"
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by johnw74: 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
DeathStroke007:

what is this one saying.. so all these rubbish that's in your story book that insults our Creator is poetic trash? you a disgrace to human nation.. Your creator is being insulted and you say it's poetic trash?

It is you who said the Bible is a story book and rubbish
it is you who said the Bible insults our Creator

try telling the truth for once.
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by johnw74: 12:03am On Jan 21, 2016
DeathStroke007:

now.. i will show you that john 1:1 is a lie..

Jesus was not the entire Word of GOD Almighty. He rather was a Word from the Word; meaning that he was created from the Word of GOD Almighty.

Ha ha, no, He is the Word, not part of the word:

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Mistranslation of the text:

In the "original" Greek manuscripts (Did the disciple John speak Greek?), "The Word" is only described as being "ton theos"(divine/a god) and not as being "ho theos" (The Divine/ The God). A more faithful and correct translation of this verse would thus read: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was divine" (If you read the New World Translation of the Bible

this muslim quotes the watch tower bible cheesy

"ho" means "the", and the meaning of "ton" is not known

You have it back the front, >"ho theos" (The Divine/ The God) < your quote, is referring to the Word and not to the Father.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the(ho) Word, and the(ho) Word was with God, and the(ho) Word was God.

so according to you the Word is: "ho theos" (The Divine/ The God)
and God is: "ton theos"(divine/a god)

You haven't a clue, theon and theos both = God,
ho = the
ton = unknown, but is referring to the Father and not to the Word.

You have everything back the front, and even so much of what you say is wrong anyway even if you had it the right way around.

you will find exactly this wording).
Similarly, in "The New Testament, An American Translation" this verse is honestly presented as
"In the beginning the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was divine."
The New Testament, An American Translation, Edgar Goodspeed and J. M. Powis Smith, The University of Chicago Press, p. 173
And again in the dictionary of the Bible, under the heading of "God" we read
"Jn 1:1 should rigorously be translated 'the word was with the God [=the Father], and the word was a divine being.'"

What a lot of rubbish you write, seeking out wrongly translated verses to suit your anti Bible ways.

@bold
"God" was manifested in the flesh, not "divine" was manifested in the flesh:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Those who pervert the Gospel of Christ are accursed Gal 1:7-8.

Man can only be saved through Jesus Christ, not through muhammad or Allah or anyone else.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by johnw74: 11:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
The quran says it's okay to lie:
"Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him [Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf]?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e., to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it," (Hadith Vol. 5, Book 59, #369).

The quran says allah is deceptive:
The Quran says, Surah 3:54, "But they were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers."
The word for "deceive" is makara, and it means "to practice deceit or guile

The Bible says lying is from satan the devil:
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Genesis Chapter 3 verse 8- 15

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

GOD WALKING IN THE GARDEN IN THE COOL DAY.. AMAZING NONSENSE ISN'T IT? GOD THAT NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN WALKS..

And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

GOD THAT IS ALL-KNOWING ASKING HIS CREATION WHERE HE IS.. ISN'T THAT AMAZING?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I
was naked; and I hid myself.

THIS PART IS COOL.. HIDING HIMSELF FROM GOD THAT IS ALL-SEEING... AMAZING NONSENSE

And he said, Who told thee that thou
wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

THIS AMAZING FABLE IS WRITTEN BY SOME STUPID BEING..

Who is this illiterate "bazztad" forming Atheist....maybe your dad wrote it....Idiot!!!...how could someone be drunkenly stupid enough to post this rubbish??..God save your soul...after writing this rubbish you go follow your mama go church on sunday abi??.....oloshi!!!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Rilwayne001: 10:00am On Jan 22, 2016
The title got me really laughing out loud grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by HardMirror(m): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2016
jeytee:

Who is this illiterate "bazztad" forming Atheist....maybe your dad wrote it....Idiot!!!...how could someone be drunkenly stupid enough to post this rubbish??..God save your soul...after writing this rubbish you go follow your mama go church on sunday abi??.....oloshi!!!
The average nigerian christain finds it real hard to believe there are atheists.
Why should he go to church? So you believe everyone goes to church?
Why do you say he is "forming" atheist. That you live a fake life, does not mean everyone lives a fake life.
If he says he is an atheist then he is, don't try to make it seem like it is impossible to realize that the bible is full of lies. Sure you see it too but you choose to follow blindly which is your problem.
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2016
HardMirror:

The average nigerian christain finds it real hard to believe there are atheists.
Why should he go to church? So you believe everyone goes to church?
Why do you say he is "forming" atheist. That you live a fake life, does not mean everyone lives a fake life.
If he says he is an atheist then he is, don't try to make it seem like it is impossible to realize that the bible is full of lies. Sure you see it too but you choose to follow blindly which is your problem.

I assume that its either you are mad or just plain stupid..Salvation is personal,i cant force you to believe anything...God have mercy on your soul!!
Re: Amazing Biblical Nonsense by HardMirror(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2016
jeytee:

I assume that its either you are mad or just plain stupid..Salvation is personal,i cant force you to believe anything...God have mercy on your soul!!
I don't need your prayers. I preferred when you called me mad.
Yes I am mad. You must be mad too, cos only a mad man replies a mad man. How are you today me fellow werey cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Anointing For Praise ~ Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor / We Are A Brotherhood Of Heaven / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Said It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.