Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

'I Can’t Say He’s Going To Be Alive': Maisie Williams Reveals There WillBe A 'g - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'I Can’t Say He’s Going To Be Alive': Maisie Williams Reveals There WillBe A 'g (483 Views)

BBNaija: I Can’t Date Miracle - Nina Drops Bombshell / #bbnaija: "I Can’t Believe People Prefer Nina And Cee-c To Bam Bam" - Teddy A / BBNaija: ‘Tobi Bakre Graduated At 18’ – Tobi’s Team Say He Is Really 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Can’t Say He’s Going To Be Alive': Maisie Williams Reveals There WillBe A 'g by EternalYouth(m): 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
For a show that kills off main characters by the bucketload, followers have been stubbornly refusing to accept the fate of one in particular.

And it looks like Jon Snow fans may be rewarded for their blind faith after Maisie Williams dropped the biggest clue yet that he will return.

The actress - who plays his little sister Arya - has revealed there is a 'a great twist' in store for Kit Harington's beloved Lord Commander.

Speaking to The Upcoming on the red carpet of the London Film Critics’ Circle Awards Sunday night, the 18-year-old bemoaned how unpleasant it was having to continuously tell people he wasn't coming back... before hinting that that's exactly what is going to happen.

It was awful, it was really awful, people were so sad about it. And I feel so mean because I speak to people and they’re all like "Jon Snow, is he back?" and it’s like really heartbreaking because people are like "yeah, but he’s coming back though?" she said, before adding: 'It’s a great twist but I can’t say he’s going to be alive.'

Ever since he was betrayed and stabbed by his Night's Watch brothers in the closing scene of season five, Game Of Thrones fans have staunchly clung to any rumour, hint or theory the broody bastard son of Ned Stark was somehow not done yet.

Theories range from the white walker's Night's King resurrecting him to him warging into his direwolf Ghost like his little brother Bran can do.

But the most popular line of thought follows that the red priestess Lady Melisandre's timely return to Castle Black is more than coincidence, and that she will pull a similar trick to R'hllor stablemate Thoros of Myr, who has managed to resurrect Baeric Dondarrion six times.

Last week HBO UK tweeted a teaser pic for the new season which featured the red lady, with the caption 'Blood in the snow. Another spoke on the wheel. #GameOfThrones'.

While 'blood in the snow' could be taken very literally, it could also refer to Jon Snow's bloodline - another plot point that features heavily in fan theories, which should it prove royal (from whichever house) would also give Melisandre a motive for keeping it around.

The 'spoke on the wheel' part referred to Daenerys' speech about the houses of Westeros - to which the bastard Snow officially belonged to none

Indeed, much of HBO's promotional material has focused on the supposedly deceased black brother: it's teaser poster is just his own darkened, bloodied face.

On Friday, HBO also tweeted a promo for all its upcoming season, which only featured a split second of new footage from Game Of Thrones, showing Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Jamie Lannister on horseback re-clad in his golden armour.

On Sunday Maisie said fans should be 'really excited' about what's to come when season six resumes on April 24.

'I loved shooting the series, I think people are going to really enjoy it. Everything is now sort-of racking up and slotting into place for the finale, and i love that all the pieces are coming together,' she said.

'There's going to be some real cinematic shots that I read in the scripts and I cant wait to watch. People should be really excited

She also insisted people have faith when it seems like storylines are slowing down - like her own at Bravos' House of Black and White last year.

'I feel like a lot of people watching it were like "What is going on? Whay is Arya still sweeping floors? I was kind of like that too when I was reading the scripts... "Why am I still sweeping floors?",' she recalled.

'But it kind of all builds up to the betrayal and the kill ultimately which was so much fun to do,' she said. 'I love playing chacters like Lydia [in her new film, The Falling], but Arya, she's a cool kid.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article

(1) (Reply)

Videos On Biafran War...enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / Game Of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Official Thread / Rio 2016 Olympics: What's The Cheapest Alternative To Enjoy Athletics And Soccer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.