Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? (1190 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? by aytoay: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2009
i wish to know.
Re: Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? by sley4life(m): 12:49am On Jun 24, 2009
maybe free citizenship. But mindful cold fit nack the pickin
Re: Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? by ayomifull(f): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2009
sley4life:

maybe free citizenship.

Used to be the case until January 1st 2005.

Citizenship through birth in Ireland

A person born in the island of Ireland to parents, at least one of whom is an Irish citizen, is entitled to Irish citizenship.
Generally, if both parents are non-nationals, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years.

Read more on www.justice.ie
Re: Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? by tunnytox(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2009
ayomifull:

Used to be the case until January 1st 2005.

Citizenship through birth in Ireland

A person born in the island of Ireland to parents, at least one of whom is an Irish citizen, is entitled to Irish citizenship.
Generally, if both parents are non-nationals, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years.

Read more on www.justice.ie

Ayomifull has said it all, if anyone think your child will get citizenship by giving birth in Ireland 'agonrin esin lo si n je lobe!' ( you are still living in the past)!
Re: Can Anybody Tell Me The Advantage Of Given Birth In Ireland? by aytoay: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2009
Thanks for ur response.

I was told by my friend living in ireland that giving birth in ireland does not guarantee stay or citizen for the child on less the parent have stay in ireland for three years and above.

(1) (Reply)

Changing Colleges/universities/courses In Canadian Schools / Estonia Advice / TINAPA Business And Leisure Resort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.