Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? (1198 Views)

Does This Post Contain Hate Speech? FACEBOOK NEW Policy To Nigeria IPS / Pay For Facebook Ads In Naira (with Pictures) / Disregard Cbn's Policy - New Ways To Pay For Your Hosting & Domains In USD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello Guys,

Hope y'all having a great day.

Now straight to the point...I tried offsetting my pending bills on a AdWords campaign ive been running and to my surprise (well not much of a surprise though), the 2 cards i tried as payment options (one was GTB Naira Mastercard, the other Access Visa Card) were declined with Google stating that it was from my financial institution, and that they (the institutions) provided no reason for this.

I immediately remembered the new CBN policy instructing Banks to stop Crossborder payments on Naira Denominated Cards

Now fellow NLanders, how do you go about making payments on some of these platforms from this our Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by barapistis(m): 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
You serious about this
Re: New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Did you call your banks to ask what happened?

GTBank Naira cards are working perfectly in offshore websites. Also Access Bank Cards.
Re: New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
coolsix:
Did you call your banks to ask what happened?

GTBank Naira cards are working perfectly in offshore websites. Also Access Bank Cards.

Yea bro...Im aware that GTBank Naira Mastercard still works on ASOS. So Im surprised these cards were declined for Google Ads
Re: New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by charsobodo(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
I made use of my UBA debit master card to pay for facebook ad last week. So contact your bank to sort the issue.
Re: New CBN Policy: How Do You Pay For Adwords & Facebook Ads? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2016
charsobodo:
I made use of my UBA debit master card to pay for facebook ad last week. So contact your bank to sort the issue.
Thanks a bunch

(1) (Reply)

3 SEO-TOOLS And Tactics That Will Increase Your Website Visibility In (2018) / How To Improve Core Web Vitals For An Ecommerce Website? / Have Lost My Admin Password For Cpanel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.