Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375457 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:38pm On May 29, 2020
Dannyhonda:
This one u pushing me to ssc, abeg i no do based on all the comments have seen about it �i prefer dssc but if i get pushed to SSC no problem, if that's God's plan for me. I studied psychology, would love to further more especially in forensic but if i go for ssc, i wont be able to but let me watch and see till then. �
the fact that you don't know that youll read more books especially for SSC shows that you need to ask more questions...captain to major promotion, go and ask the amount of books you'll read..major ango confirmed this at the screening last November...and you'll need to keep studying and keep going for courses...masters is sure for SSC...you will do it and more...I'm not saying you should go for SSC my own Is what if the board president for dssc asks you where you saw psychology before you applied...what would be your reply? Or something happens and they have to consider between you that studied psychology and someone that actually has a listed course...just know that connections fail...if you are assured that the string will be pulled for you fine...but if you go In there with half a string..it's painful waiting for another set ooo..I had to wait after course 45...seeing my friends that we screened together pass out...46 now... seeing my friends that we screened together training...it hurts so it you know you can take the risk...go ahead...but I still insist that if your course isn't listed, apply for SSC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 1:20pm On May 29, 2020
SSC is all abt book book book....u are even saying captain to major exam.....wat abt major to lieutenant colonel own( senior div) obio...

SSC guyz dey try I beg....

Well...the choice is urs...wish u all the best.
Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 1:55pm On May 29, 2020
i never knew SSC is the best option if u want to further, felt its dssc but thank you, we learn everyday. Psychology is among the courses listed in dssc which i'm sure of, so are u trying to say that going for dssc u won't have time for masters or there won't be opportunity. My knowledge about SSC is that there are full time combatant and dssc is administrative works. Also looking at my age is another thing, i'm going to be 27 by December and SSC needs younger people why dssc is kinda okay for older people.
sikowitz17:
the fact that you don't know that youll read more books especially for SSC shows that you need to ask more questions...captain to major promotion, go and ask the amount of books you'll read..major ango confirmed this at the screening last November...and you'll need to keep studying and keep going for courses...masters is sure for SSC...you will do it and more...I'm not saying you should go for SSC my own Is what if the board president for dssc asks you where you saw psychology before you applied...what would be your reply? Or something happens and they have to consider between you that studied psychology and someone that actually has a listed course...just know that connections fail...if you are assured that the string will be pulled for you fine...but if you go In there with half a string..it's painful waiting for another set ooo..I had to wait after course 45...seeing my friends that we screened together pass out...46 now... seeing my friends that we screened together training...it hurts so it you know you can take the risk...go ahead...but I still insist that if your course isn't listed, apply for SSC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2020
Wow never knew, this is the first time i'm seeing such. I know of a captain that's a dssc officer and he also have masters and planning for PhD soon, that's what made me feel dssc is okay and with the comments have seen before now, someone said if u want to further yourself, dssc is okay but SSC u going to be a full time combatant but seeing this, i have to decide now.
damibjs:
SSC is all abt book book book....u are even saying captain to major exam.....wat abt major to lieutenant colonel own( senior div) obio...

SSC guyz dey try I beg....

Well...the choice is urs...wish u all the best.
Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2020
Another thing that made me not to go for SSC is the eligibility which goes as "Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2014 to date will be considered." Whereas dssc is 2010 to date and my waec gce was gotten in 2013 so u can see it
sikowitz17:
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 3:06pm On May 29, 2020
In other news, one if those very calm lieutenant Colonels that screened us in November died this week in a car accident...he wasn't even driving..the car reversed and hit him...would post details and pictures here soon..if you screened SSC 46, you'll know him immediately..... SSC guys will remember him

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 3:10pm On May 29, 2020
Dannyhonda:
i never knew SSC is the best option if u want to further, felt its dssc but thank you, we learn everyday. Psychology is among the courses listed in dssc which i'm sure of, so are u trying to say that going for dssc u won't have time for masters or there won't be opportunity. My knowledge about SSC is that there are full time combatant and dssc is administrative works. Also looking at my age is another thing, i'm going to be 27 by December and SSC needs younger people why dssc is kinda okay for older people.
if psychology is listed for dssc, please apply dssc..what people don't know is dssc is actually very easy with promotions, covertions etc..you just fill a form to convert to drc and even for promotion too unlike SSC that'll be everywhere doing everything.
Doe dssc has its own tanatious moments as well but one thing that changed my mind was course 46 screening when the brigadier general in charge of us said if he'll come back to this life, he'll join army...but he would never choose SSC again... he'll go for DSSC..I began to backtrack and think..I'm especially done with applying for SSC...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2020
Exactly what a captain told me that i should go for dssc, i'm not getting young either so why retire at a very awkward stage. That's why i was talking about doing masters especially if i finally become an officer. The funny thing about this dssc or ssc is that most of them are tired already, if u move closer to them they are tired of the job that they need something new but not easy to withdraw
sikowitz17:
if psychology is listed for dssc, please apply dssc..what people don't know is dssc is actually very easy with promotions, covertions etc..you just fill a form to convert to drc and even for promotion too unlike SSC that'll be everywhere doing everything.
Doe dssc has its own tanatious moments as well but one thing that changed my mind was course 46 screening when the brigadier general in charge of us said if he'll come back to this life, he'll join army...but he would never choose SSC again... he'll go for DSSC..I began to backtrack and think..I'm especially done with applying for SSC...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2020
May his soul rip sad
sikowitz17:
In other news, one if those very calm lieutenant Colonels that screened us in November died this week in a car accident...he wasn't even driving..the car reversed and hit him...would post details and pictures here soon..if you screened SSC 46, you'll know him immediately.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 11:23pm On May 29, 2020
sikowitz17:
In other news, one if those very calm lieutenant Colonels that screened us in November died this week in a car accident...he wasn't even driving..the car reversed and hit him...would post details and pictures here soon..if you screened SSC 46, you'll know him immediately..... SSC guys will remember him

May his Soul
Rest In Peace
He was incharge of my state when we went for screening during the second batch

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by oscarfrosh: 11:34pm On May 29, 2020
sikowitz17:
May his soul rest in peace
After surviving Boko Haram ambush last year, where he was shot, and he survived, just for him to be hit by a car. Which means been a soldier doesn't mean you'll die in battle, you can be in your house and die. RIP to him

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2020
Dannyhonda:
I studied psychology and i plan on applying under military police, do i stand a chance or what? Even tho i'm trying to get across to my uncle, he knows the present chief of defense lieutenant olonisakin but we from different state. Please no savage response thank you

I studied psychology too and I applied last year. I got to the final stage but my name didn't show on the final list. As to your question, you are good to go. But please, hope you don't mind me having your number?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:25am On May 30, 2020
Wow maybe i have hope small grin what state were u? I thought getting to the final state, u have 85% of been called. Was it dssc or ssc?
DadyTrillion:

I studied psychology too and I applied last year. I got to the final stage but my name didn't show on the final list. As to your question, you are good to go. But please, hope you don't mind me having your number?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:37am On May 30, 2020
oscarfrosh:

May his soul rest in peace
After surviving Boko Haram ambush last year, where he was shot, and he survived, just for him to be hit by a car. Which means been a soldier doesn't mean you'll die in battle, you can be in your house and die. RIP to him

It doesn't even matter where or how you die. The painful truth is we will all die.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:41am On May 30, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Wow maybe i have hope small grin what state were u? I thought getting to the final state, u have 85% of been called. Was it dssc or ssc?

A lot of hope bruh... I am from osun state and yes I narrowly missed it. If eventually I get shortlisted and get to the final stage in the next recruitment, no doubt I will make it to the training.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:50am On May 30, 2020
Ah lot of hope ke? Why do u say that? Me i was just keeping faith o. How many made it to the final stage
Amen o
DadyTrillion:

A lot of hope bruh... I am from osun state and yes I narrowly missed it. If eventually I get shortlisted and get to the final stage in the next recruitment, no doubt I will make it to the training.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:59am On May 30, 2020
Was it dssc also? What do u think went wrong?
DadyTrillion:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 6:14am On May 30, 2020
I didn't even make the list at all... I don't know what I did wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nora2018(m): 7:14am On May 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
i know this man always smiling and very funny too the only nice officers in know in ssc 46 his from benue state
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:46am On May 30, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Ah lot of hope ke? Why do u say that? Me i was just keeping faith o. How many made it to the final stage
Amen o

22 of us made it to the final stage and 12 were selected. The 12 consisting mainly of serving personnel.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:47am On May 30, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Was it dssc also? What do u think went wrong?
yes, it was DSSC. Dunno what went wrong cos I put in my best. Perhaps, it wasn't yet my time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2020
wow osun people plenty o, 22 ke. Some might be godfather stuff. But chill o, i thought u wont know if u been selected until they post it on their site
DadyTrillion:

22 of us made it to the final stage and 12 were selected. The 12 consisting mainly of serving personnel.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2020
the next one is gonna be our time
DadyTrillion:
yes, it was DSSC. Dunno what went wrong cos I put in my best. Perhaps, it wasn't yet my time.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:05pm On May 31, 2020
Prospect048:
wrong bro, this stuff is by grace oh, I know of many who got shortlisted last year and their course weren't advertised, note also that they don't know anyone oh. That machine stuff na scam, even age, it can't detect it if you have strong backbone and luck no against you.
Brother, the "machine" isn't a scam, actually the system have being programmed to automatically bin applications that don't meet their criteria atleast at face value i.e height requirements, disabilities, class of degree, course of study etc
It's difficult or almost impossible to scale through if one's course of study isn't listed except the person has backing. Note, I met people at Ibadan whose courses weren't listed, most of them received text messages to join up, some where outrightly told to join up by a godfather.
How do you think it is possible for them to manually screen over 100k+ applications under a month? The navy also uses similar method to shortlist people for their written exams.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:56pm On May 31, 2020
ugo4u:

Brother, the "machine" isn't a scam, actually the system have being programmed to automatically bin applications that don't meet their criteria atleast at face value i.e height requirements, disabilities, class of degree, course of study etc
It's difficult or almost impossible to scale through if one's course of study isn't listed except the person has backing. Note, I met people at Ibadan whose courses weren't listed, most of them received text messages to join up, some where outrightly told to join up by a godfather.
How do you think it is possible for them to manually screen over 100k+ applications under a month? The navy also uses similar method to shortlist people for their written exams.
the boss has spoken
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:12pm On May 31, 2020
God no go shame us...
Make machine no bin our application because we write wrong height lol
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:28pm On May 31, 2020
sikowitz17:
God no go shame us...
Many people that weren't shortlisted faced this problem without knowing, that's why it's advisable to fill your application yourself as against going to a cyber cafe where your application is at the mercy of the computer operator. If one must use public cafés, then they should be there with the café attendant to make sure everything is in order.
Even people that mistakenly put wrong chest number, tick the box for HIV or flatfoot na dustbin straight up, no two ways about it except a higher power intervenes for such a person .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2020
Bro that chest number how person go sabi am grin can someone meet tailor for the chest stuff or what?? Don't mind my naive question
ugo4u:

Many people that weren't shortlisted faced this problem without knowing, that's why it's advisable to fill your application yourself as against going to a cyber cafe where your application is at the mercy of the computer operator. If one must use public cafés, then they should be there with the café attendant to make sure everything is in order.
Even people that mistakenly put wrong chest number, tick the box for HIV or flatfoot na dustbin straight up, no two ways about it except a higher power intervenes for such a person .
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:26pm On May 31, 2020
I swear down, very painful
sikowitz17:
God no go shame us...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:29pm On May 31, 2020
Bro another thing is, a lot of people do apply but how come at the end the machine is gonna select few. Are u trying to say no matter the applicant, some people are gonna make mistake in filling some things or they don't necessary fit in the height requirements etc even with the population?
ugo4u:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 11:47pm On May 31, 2020
Please i have a question which i'm not too sure of, what does this mean "Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2010 to date will be considered." You know we learn everyday, can someone kindly explain this to me cause to my own knowledge i feel its talking about waec or neco result obtained from that date till now.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:19am On Jun 01, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Bro another thing is, a lot of people do apply but how come at the end the machine is gonna select few. Are u trying to say no matter the applicant, some people are gonna make mistake in filling some things or they don't necessary fit in the height requirements etc even with the population?
"Mistakes" or requirements that don't meet army standard isn't the only criteria used. Even if everybody meets the requirements they can't select everyone this is where prayers comes into play, cos it's like raffle draw, if you're lucky the lots will fall on you. Give or take it boils down to chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.