Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1366315 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Smoking calms the nerve for some? Wonderful!!!! So the cadet in universities also smoke to calm their nerves down? Bro most of them smoke especially weed a lot even the cadet in school.
Some of the military personnel love women no be small that's why they tend to have children's everywhere
Putin007:

why do most Military personnel smoke

Smoking Reduces TENSION / PRESSURE, It is a way of calming d nerves down for some, For ME, I love pressure, ( some also do) so 4 those who smoke, that's their safe heaven.

The higher rank they don't smoke outside except they are in a closed place with family or friends.

As an OFFICER, ur life is seen/seen as the epitome of perfection, U ain't even allowed to enter public transport with all ur military ranks in full glare.

U r seen as d perfect gentleman,

Hair @ head, well cut
Finger Nails , well trimmed,
Clothes, Starched and ironed
Shoes ? , As black as charcoal and clean,

Womanizing is not a sign of a responsible man, it wrecks men, military secrets is well within reach of officers, so by now, u should know dat d female gender is a mans weak point(forget d so called hard man, dem never see d woman wey go mellow dem).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by LtRayyan(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
Judah95:

If you face one of this kids in war and maybe he runs out of ammo. You approach him and he soberly looks you in the eye, would you terminate him?

The ability to leave him alive and take him as a prisoner differentiate between you (soldier) and a criminal. Criminals know no mercy but you with a human heart knows.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TheWizPhoenix(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
Judah95:

If you face one of this kids in war and maybe he runs out of ammo. You approach him and he soberly looks you in the eye, would you terminate him?

LOL... The kid definitely has to go join his ancestors if it's a one on one situation, it'll be a different ball game if there are other soldiers around.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
LtRayyan:

My friend, in military your imagination doesn't count you follow orders, so you will do as your boss instruct.

When they say take prisoners they know what they are doing. In every part of the world, there is room for surrender during war.

In this context, the said child soldiers did not surrender, their magazines are just exhausted. I was responding based on that scenario. Is it not when someone surrenders that you'll take them as prisoners of war?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kyngfarabale1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
AirmanB:

Godforbid, I won't! If a soldier surrenders, d u eliminate d soldier, it's count as "murder"
who count it for u.... is it when you're dead or alive..... if u point me gun I swear to almighty God I go kill the person.... go and watch strike back... where the soldier felt the boy is still young probably 10-12 years then later when he grew up he became the main leader of their group and he kills soldiers anyhow till that particular soldier met him and recall his face but the boy told him he didn't use his chance when he had but he's going to kill him by himself.... if I see u 4 War front just zero ur mind bcoz I go shoot u die ni.... gbam

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
LtRayyan:

The ability to leave him alive and take him as a prisoner differentiate between you (soldier) and a criminal. Criminals know no mercy but you with a human heart knows.

Prisoner you said? Someone that's about killing you and run out of ammo? Nah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
I can't n won't kill a child, he will be kept alive but I'll take one of his leg, u can't terrorize on one leg.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hot takes... until one child soldier downs your course mate.. you’ll now be saying I won’t kill him.. he’s a child.. bullshit

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Arisukuni: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Smoking calms the nerve for some? Wonderful!!!! So the cadet in universities also smoke to calm their nerves down? Bro most of them smoke especially weed a lot even the cadet in school.
Some of the military personnel love women no be small that's why they tend to have children's everywhere

Maybe because I didn't specify in my write up, its rampant among military abroad too, even if we never go there we dey watch am for movie na grin.

So reason why I brought up the topic is because I thought they use to integrate to their training.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
I have friends in the military that do not smoke.. they drink sha and it’ll be very hard to find a military man that doesn’t drink.. as cadets we might not be able to get a hold of beer or any alcohol drinks till pop..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
Bifrost:

Shoot to kill.

@Airmanb the question says they're out of magazines, not that they're ready to surrender. These ones are full blown terrorists, they're no longer kids. Kill them all, take no prisoners.

The kid looked at me soberly, he is no longer armed (technically, as he is outta ammo)...

Killing a kid who is outta ammo with soberly eyes is beyond humanity, Sir.

That kid might not even know d reason why he is fighting, he was definitely being brainwashed, I can't soil my hands by killing a child.

I Know we shouldn't compare movies with reality, bur some of these movies have scenes (major scenes) of wad actually happened in reality... Take for instance "Blood Diamond", are u saying dat if u were d soldiers dat caught thousands of those kids without ammo, dat u would have killed em all?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Putin007: 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
AirmanB:

The kid looked at me soberly, he is no longer armed (technically, as he is outta ammo)...

Killing a kid who is outta ammo with a soberly eyes is beyond humanity, Sir.

That kid might not even know d reason why he is fighting, he was definitely being brainwashed, I can't soil my hands by killing a child.

I Know we shouldn't compare movies with reality, bur some of this movies have scenes (major scenes) of wad actually happened in reality... Take for instance "Blood Diamond", are u saying dat if u were d soldiers dat caught thousands of those kids without ammo, dat u would have killed em all?
I wish you well in this military career..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
Putin007:
Do Officers drink dem selves to stupor like soldiers ?
Whatever happens in the officers mess stays in the officers mess..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lemme just say this here so some of you can learn.. I served in Ekiti for nysc and in one very thick bushy part of the state.. there was this lookalike garboon viper that was terrorizing is in the lodge and the snake would sneak into our rooms at night to do whatever.. it would go to the girls part of the flat and the female Corper’s would come over to crash at our place... we eventually trapped it one day and I was fixed on killing it.. but the female Corpers and some guys were insisting that it hadn’t hurt anybody so we should release it far from the house... I told them clearly that this snake is dangerous but na lie.. they had some of our village students take it away some kms from the house... in about 3 weeks we heard that a snake bit and killed one of my favorite students in class.. only to rush there and see the same snake killed and lying down on the floor.. I leave this story here so you can pick which part better suits you.

Oh and till today I still hold them responsible for the death of that girl cos we could have clearly averted it

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
sikowitz17:
I wish you well in this military career..

In Jesus name. Amen, I wish you the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Judah95(m): 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
Kyngfarabale1:

who count it for u.... is it when you're dead or alive..... if u point me gun I swear to almighty God I go kill the person.... go and watch strike back... where the soldier felt the boy is still young probably 10-12 years then later when he grew up he became the main leader of their group and he kills soldiers anyhow till that particular soldier met him and recall his face but the boy told him he didn't use his chance when he had but he's going to kill him by himself.... if I see u 4 War front just zero ur mind bcoz I go shoot u die ni.... gbam

haha. This guy dey vex o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kyngfarabale1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Judah95:

haha. This guy dey vex o
terrorist na terrorist regardless of how they be..... those child soldiers can kill u.... if he like mk he lose guard we go bury am if he die through them.... Na my own I just talk so...
peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
E don bring film narrative come.. pikin wey go run out of bullets for mag, commot dagger Dey charge come your side.. even US soldiers that sometimes follow rules of engagement to the letter Dey kill child soldiers wey pick up arms...watch American sniper.. late Chris Kyle is as the most decorated navy seal sniper in history..he almost shot a kid and if not that the boy dropped the rpg and ran.. wetin consign am! I need to trust my men to be able to make the right choices when we are fighting.. abi you’ve forgotten that they can strap the child with bombs and send him to us as soldiers.. everybody with their own wahala abeg... my own is id somebody Carry’s arms to kill me and he runs out of bullets then does pity face, he’d see the gates of hell.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
Not at all, na person personality. If u no dey smoke, forget u no go smoke especially weed. Make we use naija as example, dem cadet for my school, most dey smoke weed more than anything. That's why i dont believe its integrated cause na drug and too much no good for the system so why waste your life.
Arisukuni:

Maybe because I didn't specify in my write up, its rampant among military abroad too, even if we never go there we dey watch am for movie na grin.

So reason why I brought up the topic is because I thought they use to integrate to their training.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
Is it possible not to smoke or drink as an officer, cuz I'm sure I can't do neither.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2020
jelraj:
Is it possible not to smoke or drink as an officer, cuz I'm sure I can't do neither.
leave smoke.. you see this drink, I’ll remind you in 1 year

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
jelraj:
very possible, I know officers who do not smoke or drink and even womanizing sef... Self discipline and I think religious value go a long way to curb it. So I support you bro

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
There are many army officers that are very disciplined, strict with their values. They don't smoke, drink, womanise or indulge in any vices. I know an army Captain that is ready to even quit the job than for him to compromise his believe. Infact all his coursemates even know him same for soldiers under him. After he closes from work you will only find him in his room(praying), in Church or going for evangelism the man own is excess even to shake a lady is a difficult thing for him. At a time he even had misunderstanding with his commanding officer, Baba stood his ground o. Make una forget army is not what many people seem to portray it to be. There are many personnel of proven integrity in the army. It's a two way thing, surely there are some that "flex" as if there is no tomorrow, that doesn't take away the fact that there are others who are men with Spartan discipline.

For the person talking about not shooting combatant kids in the name of rules of engagement hasn't either read or properly digested the "Rules of engagement". As a soldier you don't kill women and children and attack worship places/schools. They are referring to noncombatants and not combatants, those kids kill like men, self preservation is the first instinct as a soldier. Even in real life the US and other soldiers of advanced militaries don't follow what is written in the book. When you hear gunshots for battle you go forget everything them teach you for training that one na fact. The first thing that will come to your mind is to return fire and save your life and that of your colleagues.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
ugo4u:
There are many army officers that are very disciplined, strict with their values. They don't smoke, drink, womanise or indulge in any vices. I know an army Captain that is ready to even quit the job than for him to compromise his believe. Infact all his coursemates even know him same for soldiers under him. After he closes from work you will only find him in his room(praying), in Church or going for evangelism the man own is excess even to shake a lady is a difficult thing for him. At a time he even had misunderstanding with his commanding officer, Baba stood his ground o. Make una forget army is not what many people seem to portray it to be.

For the person talking about not shooting combatant kids in the name of rules of engagement hasn't either read and properly digest the "Rules of engagement". As a soldier you don't kill women and children and attack worship places/schools. They are referring to noncombatants and not combatants, those kids kill like men, self preservation is the first instinct as a soldier. Even in real life the US and other soldiers of advanced militaries don't follow what is written in the book. When you hear gunshots for battle you go forget everything them teach you for training that one na fact. The first thing that will come to your mind is to return fire and save your life and that of your colleagues.
You see this wisdom you have, it’ll never run dry..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Me I drink, but hardly.. I don’t smoke. My cousin who’s a lieutenant in the navy doesn’t drink or smoke but mans like woman lol.. officer must get one poison shaaaaaa.. but like ugo said.. if you hold your values tightly, you’ll accomplish.. me j will drink sha.. but very responsibly..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pikin wey go carry rpg take out one gun truck and 5 gallant soldiers na him person Dey wait for pity eyes lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
sikowitz17:
Lol bro
I don't think I can.. Trust me
I don't enjoy the feeling of being tipsy.
I've only been high once n I hated it, n most alcohols are bitter.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
jelraj:

Lol bro
Oya nah..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
sikowitz17:

You dunno grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
jelraj:

Lol bro
I don't enjoy the feeling of being tipsy.
I've only been high once n I hated it, n most alcohols are bitter.

They have sweet alcohol grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
sikowitz17:
Lemme just say this here so some of you can learn.. I served in Ekiti for nysc and in one very thick bushy part of the state.. there was this lookalike garboon viper that was terrorizing is in the lodge and the snake would sneak into our rooms at night to do whatever.. it would go to the girls part of the flat and the female Corper’s would come over to crash at our place... we eventually trapped it one day and I was fixed on killing it.. but the female Corpers and some guys were insisting that it hadn’t hurt anybody so we should release it far from the house... I told them clearly that this snake is dangerous but na lie.. they had some of our village students take it away some kms from the house... in about 3 weeks we heard that a snake bit and killed one of my favorite students in class.. only to rush there and see the same snake killed and lying down on the floor.. I leave this story here so you can pick which part better suits you.

Oh and till today I still hold them responsible for the death of that girl cos we could have clearly averted it
And somebody somewhere now go say nah destiny, nah the girl time to go

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.