Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1364961 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2020
hammariise:

I'm into tech, plug me abeg. Thanks
what do you do? What part of tech please?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2020
Some guys here think everyone is a fresh graduate and don’t have anything doing that’s why they applying.. there are some guys here who I’m in personal talks with..if dem gree I’ll mention their monikers..doing very well.. person for here Dey collect almost 500k monthly..and we are currently building some apps together at the moment

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
First thing, nobody would do it for free because we expect returns for work done, but it’s not the major reason why most of the people I know want to enlist.. the army sometimes lives in the poorest of conditions.. take ikeja cantonment for example.. Nepal has cut their light... they only have light for 2 hours everyday for the last 3 months..what’s the use of the money then? It is a call to serve first! Service rendered requires payment.. so it’s not first about the money, because there’s really no money there if we must be honest.. my younger sister that’s a devops engineer earns what a major earns and she’s just 22.

That's where they fail to get it. No one is saying you should serve in hungry stomach, but if money or power is your driving factor, e go shock you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
i ask you again, which money? It’s obvious many of us have not worked at all and if we have, not worked a good paying job.. that’s why you think there’s “money” in the army..
My first job after I left nysc was with the Vice Presidents office in Abuja.. there was money and the ID card was power..ID card that’ll grant me access into halls when captains would be sitting outside..
so I ask you again, which money?
I have a friend working at FIRS Abuja, the baba follow cut SSC form. If na money and peace FIRS better pass Army na.
2 others wey I know sef that cut DSSC, one na banker which I'm sure his salary is above that of a captain and another one wey be medical doctor and we know say if en vex today, he'll write exams and go UK or Canada.
Make we just dead this matter abeg. Everybody with his reason for applying, whatever it is, I pray you do the job well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
Some guys here think everyone is a fresh graduate and don’t have anything doing that’s why they applying.. there are some guys here who I’m in personal talks with..if dem gree I’ll mention their monikers..doing very well.. person for here Dey collect almost 500k monthly..and we are currently building some apps together at the moment

My point has always been "serving in military should be a selfless service" not for the money, but passion for the job. Yes as time progresses with rank, you'll see money but you can never be anywhere rich like those into business or private sector. Unless you want to steal the whole budget annually cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Walex29: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2020
I nor go talk wetin dey my mind sha, make i just waka pass.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

I have a friend working at FIRS Abuja, the baba follow cut SSC form. If na money and peace FIRS better pass Army na.
Career development is better in Army brother... Juicy appointments for FIRS nah by Appointment and 6G connect

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 10:59am On Oct 13, 2020
Walex29:
I nor go talk wetin dey my mind sha, make i just waka pass.
Baba talk, we dey rub minds here. My opinion or perception of things fit different from yours and e no mean say any of us dey wrong.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

Career development is better in Army brother... Juicy appointments for FIRS nah by Appointment and 6G connect
Lmao.. and the army is different especially as an SSC Officer again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

But at least you go see peace and dey comfortable ba?
And who even talk say career development of army dey easy like that?
How many captains dey street dey look for CSO jobs?
Getting promotion from Major to Lt.Col sef na war, Col - Brig. Gen na war. No be every officer go make general if we wan dey honest to ourselves.
Army go retire you if you miss promotion 3x. This one no be say na ur fault or u do anything wrong o. But for almost any government job, your 35 years of service dey 95% sure unless untimely death comes knocking

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

My point has always been "serving in military should be a selfless service" not for the money, but passion for the job. Yes as time progresses with rank, you'll see money but you can never be anywhere rich like those into business or private sector. Unless you want to steal the whole budget annually cheesy.

Nah that passion make me dy jobless for the time been... Lost my banking job cos I went against my BM to attend last year selection board, they no just understand why person go want leaving AC go dy under sun... Last last this passion is like addiction

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Taiwolee1: 11:05am On Oct 13, 2020
jelraj:
Awon salary seekers u don't know what's going on..

Money wey u no go fit spend with rest of mind, u think say ATM dey frontline? U WIL BE LUCKY TO HAVE TIME FOR FLEXING
Dey there dey deceive urself.......Nigerians are hypocrites.U want ppl to go die in war without being paid heavily bah?U try nw .na like dat America take get million in military.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:05am On Oct 13, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Nah that passion make me dy jobless for the time been... Lost my banking job cos I went against my BM to attend last year selection board, they no just understand why person go want leaving AC go dy under sun... Last last this passion is like addiction
God go reward you..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:05am On Oct 13, 2020
Nah True talk actually sha sey Everybody get wetin be his/her goal and Aim for obtaining the form... One thing wey I know be sey Nah Even Right from Shortlisting for Exam those wey just apply for Applying sake go don dey commot themselves small small...

I want to blv that the passion go come Naturally if U decide to honor the Invite for Training and You are able to survive the Training Rigours

And on the flip side, it seems Uniform Jobs like the Military and Paramilitary e.g Immigration seems to have a Favorable and more reliable Career path (Note that I was specific with my Listings coz Some Uniform job are ntn but Yeye e.g NDLEA wey u fit dey stagnant for more than 10 years on a rank)... Its easy for U to project that ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, IN THE NEXT XXXX YEARS, U SHOULD BE IN THIS SO SO SO RANK Unlike Random Office Jobs wey be sey Even after 2 to 3 promotions, U go still dey Inside SAME OFFICE, Nah only Ur Desk go change (e.g Admin Officials, Technicians and Non-Academic staff members in Research and Tertiary Institutions)

Whichever Way sha, All is well

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Taiwolee1:

Dey there dey deceive urself.......Nigerians are hypocrites.U want ppl to go die in war without being paid heavily bah?U try nw .na like dat America take get million in military.
who are all these ones? And where are they coming from?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
God go reward you..
Amen.... All of us too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
Lmao.. and the army is different especially as an SSC Officer again?

Baba, e be like say make we sit down get round table discussion for weekend about this job educate ourselves properly.
No be say I don enter o, na just findings from men dem so e fit dey wrong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:
Nah True talk actually sha sey Everybody get wetin be his/her goal and Aim for obtaining the form... One thing wey I know be sey Nah Even Right from Shortlisting for Exam those wey just apply for Applying sake go don dey commot themselves small small...

I want to blv that the passion go come Naturally if U decide to honor the Invite for Tamraining and You are able to survive the Training Rigours

And on the flip side, it seems Uniform Jobs like the Military and Paramilitary e.g Immigration seems to have a Favorable and more reliable Career path... Its easy for U to project that ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, IN THE NEXT XXXX YEARS, U SHOULD BE IN THIS SO SO SO RANK Unlike Random Office Jobs

Whichever Way sha, All is wel
lol people come for screening sef and run the next day...some people will finish the screening process and not resume even when their name is on the final list.. dem plenty.. they just applied for applications sake.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

Baba, e be like say make we sit down get round table discussion for weekend about this job educate ourselves properly.
No be say I don enter o, na just findings from men dem so e fit dey wrong
Oya nah.. you know where we Dey meet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:09am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
lol people come for screening sef and run the next day...some people will finish the screening process and not resume even when their name is on the final list.. dem plenty.. they just applied for applications sake.
Exactly wetin I dey talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Baba God go bless you. The thing is that, a vast majority of applicants applied coz of lack of employment and not because they have passion for the job.
No be every applicant dey jobless o. For instance, someone like me na adventure and the constant adrenaline thrill dey carry me reason this job. No be say I no get wetin I dey do plus side hustle. I'm not rich but alhamdulila I'm comfortable.
If I get, I accept m with with two hands, if I no get, I cry and move

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
Oya nah.. you know where we Dey meet.
Definitely. Even armoured corps. I had to make my own personal findings why officers no too like there and dey runaway from that corp. On the paper, e make sense but the reality wey officers dey face from day to day jobs, e no dey nice compared to infantry or artillery.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
First thing, nobody would do it for free because we expect returns for work done, but it’s not the major reason why most of the people I know want to enlist.. the army sometimes lives in the poorest of conditions.. take ikeja cantonment for example.. Nepal has cut their light... they only have light for 2 hours everyday for the last 3 months..what’s the use of the money then? It is a call to serve first! Service rendered requires payment.. so it’s not first about the money, because there’s really no money there if we must be honest.. my younger sister that’s a devops engineer earns what a major earns and she’s just 22.
not three months o....Ikeja cantonment only has nepa light for 2-3hrs per day ... 8pm-11pm for two years plus now. No be small thing o.we don suffer for NEPA hand for ikeja. Na recently the light turn 3hrs

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Taiwolee1: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
who are all these ones? And where are they coming from?
Abeg oh,who tell u say na ur family get dis nairaland,like what do u mean by dat ur statement?U c na why ugo better pass u b dat.He is kind nd humble.Im sorry if dis hurts u but na d truth.Abeg No dey do like chief of army staff pikin for here .na people like u even dey forget d last part of national anthem for screening.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2020
My Own 2 cents sha (From the Little Experience wey Life don Teach me)...

(1) For U to progress in any Field You find Ursef, PLEASE BE VERY SELECTIVE AND CAREFUL OF WHO U PICK AS UR CLOSE PAL, that's even if it's necessary to have such sef.. [/b]That careful selection will greatly determine Aw far U will go.. [b]E get why... Pls note the Big difference between A COLLEAGUE AND A PAL, dem no be the same

(2) Praying and Making Spiritual Consultations wouldn't be a bad Idea coz the Fact that U get Strong Passion No mean sey Nah Ur Way be that... That's why U see Some people that despite the Huge sum they collect as Salary, they wouldn't av ANYTHING MEANINGFUL to show for it after a Long while they've been into the Job..

In the Like Manner ontop this Military Parole too, Those wey dey die PREMATURELY for Frontline and Elsewhere while Serving, I'm not sure I will be wrong to Conclude that they must av Surely answered the wrong Call as per Job wey dey compatible with their Destiny...

LIFE IS INDEED SPIRITUAL, THE EARLIER YOU REALISE THE BETTER... PLEASE LETS BE GUIDED

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2020
Taiwolee1:

I no know wetin u dey yarn n why u dey enter me..

I just dey let people know say time no go too dey to enjoy money wey u go flex.. Army job na mad man job.

So if na millions u dey find look elsewhere abeg, cuz e go take person 20yrs to earn that kind amount for service.. So abeg no take any offence just think am well.

We all go serve n retire to enjoy pension..
No enter me again.. Victory is from God alone

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2020
eclipsehemmy:
not three months o....Ikeja cantonment only has nepa light for 2-3hrs per day ... 8pm-11pm for two years plus now. No be small thing o.we don suffer for NEPA hand for ikeja. Na recently the light turn 3hrs
you see bah.. me I even thought it was recent.. I went to see some of my friends and I wasn’t telling them I wanted to charge my phone... naso Dem burst laugh say make I wait till 8

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2020
Some people sef, you dey claim say na passion make you want join army, yet you dey here dey hustle for complement, oga don't let us deceive ourselves, if truly na passion, go for RRI, thank God if your are 35yrs, you can still apply for it, RRI is the best form to join the army if it ud because of passion alone oh...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2020
Prospect048:
Some people sef, you dey claim say na passion make you want join army, yet you dey here dey hustle for complement, oga don't let us deceive ourselves, if truly na passion, go for RRI, thank God if your are 35yrs, you can still apply for it, RRI is the best form to join the army if it ud because of passion alone oh...
Baba nobody was here hustling for compliment.. we were have a discussion and we got stuck on a particular phase of the argument.. I repeat nobody was hustling for it.. we were only stating facts about the job.. peace

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2020
sikowitz17:
Baba nobody was here hustling for compliment.. we were have a discussion and we got stuck on a particular phase of the argument.. I repeat nobody was hustling for it.. we were only stating facts about the job.. peace
tor... For passion sake alone, I think RRI is the best since it is even less competitive sef

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:53am On Oct 13, 2020
Prospect048:
tor... For passion sake alone, I think RRI is the best since it is even less competitive sef
ive had my fair share of applying RRI.. I was not picked that’s why I tried nda.. conditions held me there that’s why I’m trying SSC now..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Candidates calm down. Make we stop dey throw punches from this place. They've not shortlist names yet we can't have discussions in an intellectual or logical manner, wetin go happen for mess after hanging pip?. This life small abeg. There's more to life than this army job. Make we no drag matters for long. Like I said, two different opinions does not mean either of them is wrong or one is right. It all depends on perspective.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.