Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Over Staying In A Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over Staying In A Company (23198 Views)

How Do You Feel Staying At Home On A Monday Morning? Share Your Experience. / I Am Tired Of Staying At Home, Any Volunteer Jobs? / You Won't Believe How Much A Company Want To Pay A Graduate With NYSC Cert. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Staying In A Company by ustanejnr(m): 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2022
What would make some one over stay in a company for over 10years.

Means you have not develop over the years or you are scared of what's outside your comfort zone. If you stay so long in a company, the know your weakness and strength, you are not doing any extraordinary except for normal routine the know.

I don't fancy that idea of over staying, I want to explored new ideas and new work environment.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by thesicilian: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
ustanejnr:

Means you have not develop over the years or you are scared of what's outside your comfort zone. If you stay so long in a company, the know your weakness and strength, you are not doing any extraordinary except for normal routine the know.

I don't fancy that idea of over staying, I want to explored new ideas and new work environment.
Not in all cases. If you're growing in terms of salary or personal and professional development, why would you want to leave? Plus as one grows older one begins to feel less need to move around.
I personally don't like staying in one job or city for more than 3yrs, but there are many things that can make a person decide to settle down at one company.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by gulfer: 5:29am On Aug 03, 2022
It all depends, if the company's vision matches your aspirations (worklife-balance, salary, leave, training, 13th month etc), you can stay for even longer. In my last work place I spent 13 years heading towards the 14th year before I got another job I could leave for cool cool cool cool cool

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by femi4: 6:27am On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

So if I start as a cleaner and now the head of Admin after 10yrs, does that means I m not growing?

The ultimate factor is job security. I would rather continue to earn 100k yearly than go elsewhere and earn 1M in a year and get sacked

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by richard870(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Well, as the popular saying goes.. "different strokes for different folks"

20 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by IboHausaYoruba: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
I start looking for opportunities the moment I get settled down in a fresh job. It has been working for me. This is my sixth job before I landed a permanent federal government job, still I'm not satisfied.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Iolo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Leads to regrets 99.99% of the time.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Pells: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hold on ,I wan fart first

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
The reason is that they stay mainly for reasons related to their jobs themselves and community ties,
the difficulty of finding another job, family responsibilities, and company loyalty exert relatively less influence on them.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Osatarris: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Warm7days: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
post=115349163:
Reading
Trash loading...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by bamcur: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
femi4:
So if I start as a cleaner and now the head of Admin after 10yrs, does that means I m not growing?

The ultimate factor is job security. I would rather continue to earn 100k yearly than go elsewhere and earn 1M in a year and get sacked
Like seriously?

There is nothing like Job security, you could die and your job will be given to someone else.

I will rather take a contract Job of 1m monthly pay that can be terminated anytime than a regular job of 100k

15 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by 3Dee(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
Does this apply to oil company workers, lecturers, police, army and politicians?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by ezenwaforj: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

This is a bitter truth

3 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Fran6ik: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
So after 10yrs, will you resign from NNPC?

35 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Seniorwriter(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
ustanejnr:

Depends on your progress and promotion upward movement.....
However OP so many written english blunders ...next time proofread and make corrections..

@Seniorwriter
Re: Over Staying In A Company by Boogyman557: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2022
Holly Gram cool Na y I like ASHAWOO business..

U fit change location or state and still de do the same business..

If the salary no pay u well, u change location and meet new customers..

I bin de reason to JAZZ in Edo state but I hear say Dem don ban ASHAWOO for der..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Soso990240(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
When you overstaying, you mean doing the same thing every year for ten years. I dont think anybody would want that. But if you started small, and you are growing (financially and knowledge), developing yourself.. why would you call that overstaying? that's someone's prayer point you know.

4 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by remsonik(f): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
If you're growing in your career over there then it's not overstaying

6 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Useku(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
l
Re: Over Staying In A Company by tatax(m): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
The fastest way to climb career ladder, earn quality professional experience, build your career, earn well and network is changing jobs; being involved in different projects and playing a major role there. People go into jobs with various motives and aspirations but for me, I will advice people to target 3 years max in a company if one really want to climb career ladder faster. One of the advantage is that in 9 years, you would have negotiated salaries 3 times with choice roles, networked more and have been exposed to different projects, company culture and experience. These various experiences helps you and exposes you to become better entrepreneur or consultant when you retire or choose that path. Staying in a job for so long is a big no except maybe they made me a shareholder there.

Once I get into an office as a new staff, the first thing I check is the longest serving person there. I access the person, his achievements, career progress, his quality of life, etc and based on that accessment, I make up my mind about my resignation year with the company and what I intend to achieve within the set time frame.. Staying in a job 10 years must be worth it in every sense. Not entirely recommended if there are options.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by amiibaby(f): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2022
Op am looking for work biko
Re: Over Staying In A Company by sao09: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2022
Exactly staying over a period of 10years does not benefit you the employee, If you have not had massive progression within the 10 years, it mean you are just part of the numbers and there isn't much opportunity for growth for the individual.
If you can avoid it move around as fast as possible, people with over 10yrs in one organization with limit promotion especially when age is not on their side are first victims of right sizing.

5 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Wizywiz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Op calm down ooo... depends on your growth on the Job....I have a friend who have works in the bank for 16 years now....he started as a marketer ( DSA earning 40k then) but now a senior staff........with reasonable pay and other incentives. Will you advise he leaves when he still enjoys the job?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Offpoint1: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nobody stays if there's a bigger pay and better work environment...

I think your thread is meant for private sectors because government workers prefer to die or retired in their jobs.

My prayer is to get a job in one of these federal secretarial, that's where government pay you to sleep, watch movies and sell groundnut.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over Staying In A Company by bamcur: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Fran6ik:
So after 10yrs, will you resign from NNPC?
So in 10years working at NNPC, you are unable to build enough capacity? C'mon

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by PhilzAutoz: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
thesicilian:

Not in all cases. If you're growing in terms of salary or personal and professional development, why would you want to leave? Plus as one grows older one begins to feel less need to move around.
I personally don't like staying in one job or city for more than 3yrs, but there are many things that can make a person decide to settle down at one company.
I was having this same conversation with a friend and he said married was one of the reasons why he is still stuck with his company for over 12 years and counting...

Can't really say though...

1 Like

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Tayorshd2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Kut depends on the pay ... Promotion and also proximity to work ect
Re: Over Staying In A Company by nony43(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
In abroad you will someone working in a job or over 20 years. There is one kind job I did last year this Oyibo man said he has been there for over 40 years. I shock.

In abroad Oyibo sees things differently. Wetin de worry us no de too worry them.

5 Likes

Re: Over Staying In A Company by Stanislause94: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Collecting CV's For Test In Owerri / Where Can A Graduate With Physics With Electronics Work? / Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.