Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise (29944 Views)

13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) / Nigeria Europe Base Under 16 / Katsuya Takasu With Mikel Obi & Siasia As He Fulfills His $390,000 Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by 247notire(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Firstly I hope he brought money from 1985 to pay them or where will the 2m naira each come from? Secondly, if this is true and he actually made the decision himself how can he still go to the podium and announce 209m naira? The man does not know how to read cos it's obvious he just read out wat was on paper, he doesn't even know value of money, imagine mistaking 2m for 200m. Mehn I cant believe this! Meanwhile, where will the money come from? That's my own issue here, cos it definitely isn't in any budget. This man called buhari needs to be saved from himself.[sub][/sub]
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by 247notire(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Firstly I hope he brought money from 1985 to pay them or where will the 2m naira each come from? Secondly, if this is true and he actually made the decision himself how can he still go to the podium and announce 209m naira? The man does not know how to read cos it's obvious he just read out wat was on paper, he doesn't even know value of money, imagine mistaking 2m for 200m. Mehn I cant believe this! Meanwhile, where will the money come from? That's my own issue here, cos it definitely isn't in any budget. This man called buhari needs to be saved from himself.
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by abbey621(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
Buhari should work more on fulfilling recent promises than one from 31 years ago. He is not going to be judged based on little gimmicks like this but on the credibility of his promises during the elections. Fulfill just 2 of your major campaign promises and watch Nigerians vote for you again in 2019!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
stagger:

Buhari was overthrown a few days after the team won the cup and returned. NTA could not transmit the matches live because the tournament held in Beijing (then still known as Peking), so the matches were shown as delayed matches. No one took the tournament serious as this was the very 1st edition. First they beat Italy in a match where Lucky Agbonsevbafe saved a penalty. Then they drew goalless with Saudi Arabia, beat Costa Rica 3-0 and qualified for the quarter final.

They came from behind to beat Hungary 3-1 with a hattrick from Bella Momoh, beat Guinea 5-3 on penalties and then beat the highly fancied West German team 2-0 despite playing with 10-men for much of the second-half.

To put it in perspective, that West German team featured players like Marcel Witeczek who was the highest goal scorer in that tournament and also in Chile 87 two years later, and who later featured for Bayern Munich.

NODODY GAVE THAT TEAM A CHANCE. They were the first Nigerian team to win a FIFA organized tournament in an era where racism in football was very open (notice how the linesman was shouting at the players to go back so the game could be restarted quickly). People only picked interest when they qualified for the semis. The goal scored by Victor Igbinoba in stoppage time that gave Nigeria the 2-nil advantage in that match was a classic. You can see it on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYfJqW55ts

How many of our Super Eagles strikers have scored a goal of such quality in recent times? Those boys did us proud and the fact that IBB and other Presidents could not honour those promises until 31 years later is a testament to how we treat our heroes.

You made my eyes water.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by akinsbaba2015: 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:
The winners of 1985 get N2m each after 30 years

The winners of 2015 get N20k (according to trentonline); I suppose 2015 winners will get their proper gift of N2m in 2045 grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
. Have you bothered to find out how much the current winners were given at the same event before you go about with your shameless propaganda?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by politricks: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
scachy:

I guess u never heard about Nigeria's military head of state (1983-1985)
You mean the period that buhari tried extraditing a corrupt dikko to nigeria through a crate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by F22RAPTOR(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
may our entitlements never be delayed...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by politricks: 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
Guyman02:

Please focus on the story and stop all the clueless this and that on every thread.

Here is pictures of Gen Buhari and the victorious Eaglets in 1985.
Welldone Mr President for this gesture
But PDP supporters can go on every thread and call buhari a dull.ard ba? Ok kontinu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by gbantu23: 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
IF I DIE TODAY AND LEAVE THIS PLANET! 1 thing I will always remember is how incredibly full of sh**, NIGERIANS were. Nigeria is by far the greatest country in AFRICA because it is the NIGGADOMwhere AFRICANS originate from. But today Ethiopia who's wealth isn't half that of nigeria. Country has modern working trams. YOU KNOW WHAT IR PROBLEM IS NIGERIA......You are a disturbed bunch! Distraught! There is something you must do as a nation that ur DESPARATELY focusing on not doing......or u just don't want to do it. But perhaps scared to do it......your inner selves are disturbed. You have such a WAR living and HARBORING inside of you. That it's affecting the very way you see life. THE RESOURCES THOSE ARABS USE TO BUILD THAT PALACE U HAVE THEM UNDER UR FEET. But ur so busy fighting amongst one ONOTHER, Yoruba vs. Igbo. And the most meaningless fights are the ones you take the most serious. It's like ur picking on each other because ur afraid to face the big Elephant sized problem sitting above ur head. AFRICA IS POOR BECAUSE OF A SYSTEMIC ARAB PLOT. Nigeria is dysfunctional because the Turks and the Saudi Arabiams have see to it, with their disjointed Hausa Berber Affilliations. SOONER OR LATER BEFORE AFRICA ENTERS THE FIRST WORLD OF DEVELOPMENT. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BRAVELY COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR THE 1000 TONE MAMMOTH SITTING ON OUR HEADS. AND THAT IS THE MIDDLE EAST. THEY WERE THE MIDDLE MANAGEMENT ASSIGNED TO KEEP AFRICANS DOWN. THE REASON WHY AFRICA PRESENCE IN THE WORLD IS VIETUALLY UNHEARD OFF FOR THE THE LAST HALF A CENTURY. And I fear that soul tuition will involve a collaboration with white people. And inevitable Armageddon like WAR. To kick the parasites off our heads.. But with modern guns we can get the better of them. Because they too received assistance from the white people. Initially as they over power Us.
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by obailala(m): 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. Have you bothered to find out how much the current winners were given at the same event before you go about with your shameless propaganda?
Bros na play i dey play... what is your definition of propaganda?
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by Smellymouth: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice one...
Sai Buhari..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by akinsbaba2015: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:
Bros na play i dey play... what is your definition of propaganda?
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by alawaiss(m): 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
]Sometimes i wonder if buhari is a Nigerian because of his character of integrity, sincerity and uprightness. God why didn't you give buhari to us sooner than this and instead cursed us with a clueless person. Anyway, God 'nose' best.
U mst b insane 4 questioning God's Authority nd power for nt gving u Daura President lng tym b4 nw. i'm Muslim, Northerner nd Hausa/fulani.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by fromnigeria(m): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
Na now i get president.
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by richol(m): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is Nonsense...the worth of million has reduced by far
And people are here shouting man of his words ....man of his words koor man of stupid actions ni undecided
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by DrayZee: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
politricks:
Sometimes i wonder if buhari is a Nigerian because of his character of integrity, sincerity and uprightness. God why didn't you give buhari to us sooner than this and instead cursed us with a clueless person. Anyway, God 'nose' best.
Buhari has been in power before. What did he do? I just wonder who is actually clueless...
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by Stanbeto: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wow! Thank God for this players who are still alive o
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by fF01(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:
The winners of 1985 get N2m each after 30 years

The winners of 2015 get N20k (according to trentonline); I suppose 2015 winners will get their proper gift of N2m in 2045 grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
lmao.
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by fF01(m): 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
mikron:
was it only the 1986 set he rewarded with N2m each? what about this present under 17 set that won the trophy for the 5th time, i mean this present osimhen/nwakali set? werent they rewarded? Brila fm reported they were also at the villa including the para-Olympians and the the nations basketball team the TIGERS. were they not rewarded as well? @op, ur reportage of this news is flawed. just my observation
Basketball Team were given 400k each!
Report from brilla FM representative at d Villa said d boiz "d Tigers" body language shows dey wer far from happy!
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by honeric01(m): 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
mikron:
was it only the 1986 set he rewarded with N2m each? what about this present under 17 set that won the trophy for the 5th time, i mean this present osimhen/nwakali set? werent they rewarded? Brila fm reported they were also at the villa including the para-Olympians and the the nations basketball team the TIGERS. were they not rewarded as well? @op, ur reportage of this news is flawed. just my observation

Read.. Trust me, you won't die.
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by ElCapone(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:
undecided He gave recent winners 20k each while 1985 winners got 2million each this baba na dullarrd true true undecided
Bin wan comment, but ur moniker says it all!!!
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by princechigzy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
Only One Question?

His action is highly commendable but
1. Which Budget did he pay out from: 1984 budget or 2016 budget

2. From whose account did this sum come out from? FG or Private purse.

3. Which parliament authorize such disbursement if it was from FG coffers?

Nigerians ask questions
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by Vongsama(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
politricks:
Sometimes i wonder if buhari is a Nigerian because of his character of integrity, sincerity and uprightness. God why didn't you give buhari to us sooner than this and instead cursed us with a clueless person. Anyway, God 'nose' best.
OH REALLY? Wasn't he the same person who promised the reward 31 years ago? We may as well wait for the nxt 31 years before he fulfill his promise to change Nigeria.
May sense locate u IJN
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by politricks: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Vongsama:

OH REALLY? Wasn't he the same person who promised the reward 31 years ago? We may as well wait for the nxt 31 years before he fulfill his promise to change Nigeria.
May sense locate u IJN
And did you bother to ask why he could not fulfil his promise right away? Let me cure your ignorance, buhari could not fulfil his promise then because he was overthrown an yet he never forgot about them...... A mark of a great man. And a big amen to your prayer because no sense is too much sense and i pray you also find the courage to use your sense because i know its somewhere in your head.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by flokii: 9:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
saasala:
Love me some Buhari

If no be say you be guy... I for too love you dieee

God bless bubu for us all.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by stagger: 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
richol:
This is Nonsense...the worth of million has reduced by far
And people are here shouting man of his words ....man of his words koor man of stupid actions ni undecided

What is it with you people?

That team was named the Baby Eagles. It was Buhari who gave the team the name they still carry today: THE WORLD GOLDEN EAGLETS (World was later removed in 1987).

The Saudi '89 team were given 75,000 each and 10,000 shares in AP (now Forte Oil owned by Otedola). Do you know the worth of such money then and now? My dad's salary then was 1,000 a month then and we were not living badly.

If you extrapolate to present-day, N2m is still a substantial sum. What did IBB, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar, OBJ and Jonathan do for these guys?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by stagger: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
Vongsama:

May sense locate u IJN

Buhari was overthrown less than 2 weeks after the team won the tournament. That was why the promise took 31 years. At least he remembered.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by richol(m): 12:29am On Jan 22, 2016
stagger:

What is it with you people?

That team was named the Baby Eagles. It was Buhari who gave the team the name they still carry today: THE WORLD GOLDEN EAGLETS (World was later removed in 1987).

The Saudi '89 team were given 75,000 each and 10,000 shares in AP (now Forte Oil owned by Otedola). Do you know the worth of such money then and now? My dad's salary then was 1,000 a month then and we were not living badly.

If you extrapolate to present-day, N2m is still a substantial sum. What did IBB, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar, OBJ and Jonathan do for these guys?
i just respect u cos of ur ability to prove a point by writing sensibly
Re: Buhari Gives N2m Each To Under-16 Football Team, Fulfills 31-Year-Old Promise by Dayshow: 12:35am On Jan 22, 2016
Im don try. Abi wetin we go talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Stars And Wives Attend Glamorous Christmas Party (Photos) / Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) / Terem Moffi: Nigerian Striker Mocks Mbappe After Defeating PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.