Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34355 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
SoNature:

Mumu! Whether NOI was the best minister of economy or not is not my biz.

But hold on, do you even know who Richard Quest is? FYI, Richard Quest was in Lagos in one of the series of Business Traveller shows. If you knew this, I bet you would not be typing rubbish here

e-diot. so because he came to attend a show he is now an authority on Nigeria's economy?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ElCapone(m): 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:
I laugh in French. oyinbo man dey im country dey preach for us, some mumu jobless youths here dey hail am.

if she was the best why are you still jobless after her 6years as coordinating minister of the economy.(read prime minister) ?
Abi ooh. Ask dem, is d man a nigerian to have known what the ordinary man went tru under dat woman and her boss!!!

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ElCapone(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
[i][/i]
Ioannes:

actually only a low IQ person will be bambozzled by the supposed facts and figures which we all know were written by some yeye analyst in an office in New York, who probably doesn't even know where Nigeria is on the world map.

if she did so well why are there more Nigerian youths unemployed than ever before, so much so that even tanoids and wailers are waiting anxiously for Baba's promise of #5,000 for their jobless ass*?

if she did so well, why are we uncovering monumental corruption in almost every sector of our economy which she obviously mismanaged?

if she did so well where is the money she saved from selling crude oil at $120/barrel for years?

giving express or tacit support for evil is the same as sharing in the evil and its consequences.
Ioannes:

actually only a low IQ person will be bambozzled by the supposed facts and figures which we all know were written by some yeye analyst in an office in New York, who probably doesn't even know where Nigeria is on the world map.

if she did so well why are there more Nigerian youths unemployed than ever before, so much so that even tanoids and wailers are waiting anxiously for Baba's promise of #5,000 for their jobless ass*?

if she did so well, why are we uncovering monumental corruption in almost every sector of our economy which she obviously mismanaged?

if she did so well where is the money she saved from selling crude oil at $120/barrel for years?

giving express or tacit support for evil is the same as sharing in the evil and its consequences.
Ioannes:

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by omonnakoda: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
There is one thing that is true ,no Finance minister in our history and probably in Africa has had more revenue than this woman
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by AfroBlue(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
did someone mention colonial masters in the thread?

Richard Quest
Journalist
Richard Austin Quest is an English journalist and a CNN International anchor and reporter, based in New York City, New York. He anchors Quest Means Business. Wikipedia
Born: March 9, 1962 (age 53), Liverpool, United Kingdom
Education: University of Leeds, Vanderbilt University
Nominations: News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by omonnakoda: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
We do not need anyone to come and tell us who our best minister is or was. We can figure that out. I have never heard that phrase before , Best Finance Minister in ANY COUNTRY which is a reflection of how spurious it sounds . How do you compare a Minister who received $18 a barrel of oil with one who received $100 what are the measures for comparison . It is a totally absurd title coming from an even more ludicrous source and it speaks volumes to the Mentality of many Eboes that somehow an Oyinbo saying it makes it true. That is the really interesting part.Any Nigeria under the age of 40 living in Nigeria can gauge what impact she had in their lives. They do not need any Richard Quest to tell them

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by TonySpike: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
chidinwachukwu:

Accrued to which people?.you won't keep that your stinking mouth in your pocket,after stealing our money and giving my people twenty pounds,no matter how much u had in ur account before the war?.anyway he Awolowo at least had the dignity to commit. Suicide after gambari people used and dump him

Why do you choose to remain foolish?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by playtheblues(f): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nigeria started getting dry from 29th May, 2015.
babyfaceafrica:
Kikikiki..best in milking Nigeria dry......
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by playtheblues(f): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by gabmanuel(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.
The economic diversification is the recovery of looted funds by non-zombies... hahahahaha hahahahaha
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by playtheblues(f): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
I see how much is being yielded now under Buhari's brainless regime.
firstEVA:
She tried her best. But it didn't yield much because of her daft boss
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mikolo80: 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

e be like say you get tanoid time. better leave them to thump chest and let us pray that fashola dem do not disappoint us

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by CaptPlanet(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

You know, for someone that writes good English, I'm amazed at how hard you're trying to pull NOI down is blunting your reasoning.

Do you understand the portfolio "Minister of finance" at all? Nigeria has always had unemployment issues, it didn't start when she became a Minister. Does the ministry of finance create jobs for Nigerians? Uncovering corruption in every sector, please tell me, if you're claiming she mismanaged funds, why haven't the EFCC/ICPC arrested her?

Pray tell me, what policies have this govt put in place to arrest the mess we're in, economically?

You've been blinded by partisan politics my friend. You're trying too hard.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by josite: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
why should anyone be angry,is richard quest not a well known jester?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 23, 2016
CaptPlanet:

You know, for someone that writes good English, I'm amazed at how hard you're trying to pull NOI down is blunting your reasoning.

Do you understand the portfolio "Minister of finance" at all? Nigeria has always had unemployment issues, it didn't start when she became a Minister. Does the ministry of finance create jobs for Nigerians? Uncovering corruption in every sector, please tell me, if you're claiming she mismanaged funds, why haven't the EFCC/ICPC arrested her?

Pray tell me, what policies have this govt put in place to arrest the mess we're in, economically?

You've been blinded by partisan politics my friend. You're trying too hard.

no. if I am hard on okonjo iweala it's because she wasn't just the finance minister, she was the COORDINATING MINISTER OF THE ECONOMY. sort of like a prime minister. she had all the opportunity in the world to help birth a new Nigeria. heck! even Jonathan was awed and intimidated by her degree (Harvard).

when crude oil sold well why didn't she make a move to diversify our single resource based economy? oh yes she could because she was the coordinating minister and she had the ears of the president.

you really believe that billions of dollars carted away was done without her knowledge? you will believe anything then.

just wait, it's not Uhuru for her, she will be invited for questioning, same as jonathan.

you are asking what policies this administration that is barely 6months hold has put in place. like really?

can you mention the policies the last government which spent 6years put in place to forestall the looting of our treasury and to diversify and grow the economy? and please don't mention re-basing of the economy or locomotive trains.

if Nigeria has always had unemployment issues, shouldn't subsequent governments tackle it squarely.

please where was okonjo iweala when Jonathan was busy "dollar using" the economy during the election period? did I hear you say it wasn't her job to advice her boss in all matters concerning finance?

if they weren't taking her advice why didn't she resign?

I am surprised you think she is innocent.

I'm not partisan. when Buhari messes up we will criticise him. but until then.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 23, 2016
mikolo80:
e be like say you get tanoid time. better leave them to thump chest and let us pray that fashola dem do not disappoint us

my brother, it can be tiring to school these dimwits sometimes.

I just take it as a humanitarian cause I embark upon for the sake of humanity. lol.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 23, 2016
Biafrarep:
Everybody cannot be employed at the same time becos there is nothing like utopia economics but it was very obvious that d economy was growing, unemployment rate was falling, investors were pouring into Nigeria, infrastructure was improving but now everything is in reverse gear, poverty & suffering is now walking on all fours!! About leaving this country, my mind is made up becos things are likely going to get worse for the citizens, the only thing Buhari knows is kwaraption!

ehya... and you haven't connected the dots yet that the difference between the developed world and Africa is "kwaraption"

the billions that were stolen during the 16-year reign of your mentors could actually turn Nigeria into another Dubai.

"unemployment rate was falling" and you believe that? you have forgotten the employment scam organized by Maina that left many youths dead.

"investors were pouring in". please mention the investors that you know who invested in our economy in the past 4years to justify the phrase "pouring in"

"infrastructure was improving". yeah can't you see how improved it is now, even rivalling that of Afghanistan. Jonathan promised to finish the second Niger bridge, how far?

he promised to fix the electricity. did he?

you are very free to bury your head in the sand like the ostrich does, after all it's your head.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by balladin: 2:33am On Jan 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Kikikiki..best in milking Nigeria dry......
Poor you!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 2:34am On Jan 23, 2016
preetyb:

Soon the“ just and barely six month” will soon become “jus and barely 4 years”..... There is no time to be saying no time for crying out loud.... This govt should get to work already.

We already know the usual “jonathan was a dullard”..... So Just tell ur intelligent president with magic wand to get moving already.

well madam preetyb, I am sure you know the saying that it is easier to destroy than to build.

it is also easier to spend the money that some people earned and put aside for safe keeping than to earn it back, especially now that price of crude oil is tending towards zero.

if you are expecting a miracle or a magic, you are on a long thing.

Nigerians should fasten their belts, the ride is going to be bumpy for a while.

the road to building a stable economy is rough, and our leaders in the past 16years have always taken the smooth and easy way that led nowhere.

I pray Buhari has the courage needed to take the rough path.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mrDennis(m): 8:22am On Jan 23, 2016
shopisky:
"Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala was the best Finance Minister Nigeria ever had" -- Richard Quest CNN. Richard Quest made this statement after an interview yesternight on Economy of Oil producing countries.
Do you believe him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexadoh/status/690091846702350336

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOIweala/status/690122592246747138
I used to respect Mr quest but now I realise he's fake . Not his fault sha , he's a foreigner blessed by okonjo foreign policies .
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mikolo80: 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ioannes:

I just take it as a humanitarian cause I embark upon for the sake of humanity. lol.
I've given up on them. just waiting and hoping Fash doesn't disappoint
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ioannes:

emptyness feeling full... Lmao..
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
mikolo80:
I've given up on them. just waiting and hoping Fash doesn't disappoint

I pray he doesn't o. that would be so disappointing.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mikolo80: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ioannes:

I pray he doesn't o. that would be so disappointing.
fingers crossed on him
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
mikolo80:
fingers crossed on him
definitely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala / 10 Throwback Photos Of Buhari / Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.