Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34340 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by engreo(m): 10:55am On Jan 22, 2016
I said it, abasha eater with their akpu brain will dance to this news. They forgot so soon hw that their best finance minister left nigeria economy in shamble
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Myself2(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2016
I think the most retaaarded Zombie just passed by cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2016
amunkita03:

So much sense in your post but trust me, they won't agree with u cos most benefitted from the loots.
U don't expect them to support u on this, not when the current FG is asking them to return common wealth.

you are right. it's just sad that the average Nigerian youth is too lazy to task his brain.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by gbishman: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2016
CNN always in opposition of Nigeria. Well thats their opinion not ours.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2016
Biafrarep:
The joke is on you! CNN have got ivy league trained economists in their payroll, before you appear to discussion on economic matters, they will make sure you are well grounded! Global oil prices began to fall under her tenure as finance minister but we never felt the impact even during the global economic meltdown because she put in place buffers that protected us, since Kemi arrived everything dipped south! God will continue to bless NOI & shame haters, when kemi succeeds in sinking the economy due to her naivity, it is you & I that will suffer the repercussions & not NOI, I hope to be out of this cesspit of a country when everything collapses!!

RANTS.

you still haven't answered my question.

if she was the best why are you still jobless six years after her REIGN as coordinating minister of the economy.

shifting the blame to Mrs Kemi Adeosun who just took over the 3months ago is irresponsible of you.

CNN has ivy league economists abi? oya mention the name of line that you know and have listened to.

you ain't going anywhere. you and I will remain in this country for good or for bad. so belt up. the ride just got bumpy.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mekaboy(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

trying to place the blame at the feet of the finance minister just because she is Yoruba is just sad.

there is the office of budget planning. the blame for outrageous sum rests squarely on their shoulders. they are expected to do their jobs professionally advising Mr. president appropriately in line with his frugal policies.

the person who advised mr president to sneak in another adjusted budget without officially withdrawing the first in the way it was done ought to be sacked.

and I don't mind Mr president picking up the yabs and jabs coming to him. the buck stops at his desk. he should take responsibility for these things. and I am happy that he did recently when he owned up to the fact he made a mistake the way the budget was handled.

so there.

First of all, I did not mention only the finance minister in the list of those I blamed, so I don't know where you are getting your yoruba idea from.

I assume that when planning a budget that the finance minister is part of the team and must make an input, so whoever the finance minister is did not do a good job.

A corruption fighting govt should ensure that whoever was behind the initial manipulation of budget must be dealt with.

I also expect the finance minister to give clarity on the budget as well.

It's crystal clear that the economic team of this administration is not match with the previous.

They have left the entire planning and policy making in the hands of the CBN governor.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by stuhporh: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

I read comments like yours and am like WHAT!!! Do people actually keep their brains in their wardrobes afraid that if they use it too much the battery might go flat?

can you tell us okonjo iweala's efforts at diversifying the economy for 6years when the crude oil sold for $120@barrel?
n[b]ow a minister who just got there barely six months and when the dollar is @ its lowest ever @$34/barrel is asked the same stvpid question.
[/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
I'm sorry but you really can't be well. try see your head doctor before it gets worse.

Sorry, but I am lost.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by uwajeh(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2016
There is certainly no doubt that auntie Okonjo is the most qualified Minister of Finance Nigeria has ever had.

However, the issue I've always had with auntie Okonjo is why she allowed so much looting to go on under her watch.

She was as powerful as the President in the previous administration and she could have threatened to resign if the looting was not curbed but she never did.

She had by far the best chance of any Finance Minister to ensure that the economy of this Country and by extension the well being of the average Nigerian was improved exponentially but sadly she let that opportunity slip through.

Sadly she would always be remembered as the most qualified Finance Minister who missed the opportunity to write her name in gold in the annals of Nigerian history.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by babyfaceafrica: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2016
Ofeakwu:

One of the zombies spotted!!!!!
IPOD spotted!!!!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by vigasimple(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.

It is not just the Economy alone. Buhari generally has no direction. He is just trying to figure out what to do because all he wanted was to get power and becomes President. He is very similar to GW BUSH.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2016
stuhporh:

Sorry, but I am lost.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by preetyb(f): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

I read comments like yours and am like WHAT!!! Do people actually keep their brains in their wardrobes afraid that if they use it too much the battery might go flat?

can you tell us okonjo iweala's efforts at diversifying the economy for 6years when the crude oil sold for $120@barrel?

now a minister who just got there barely six months and when the dollar is @ its lowest ever @$34/barrel is asked the same stvpid question.

I'm sorry but you really can't be well. try see your head doctor before it gets worse.

Soon the“ just and barely six month” will soon become “jus and barely 4 years”..... There is no time to be saying no time for crying out loud.... This govt should get to work already.

We already know the usual “jonathan was a dullard”..... So Just tell ur intelligent president with magic wand to get moving already.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sunnyflakes(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2016
firstEVA:
She tried her best. But it didn't yield much because of her daft boss

if you still you hold the opinion that GEJ was daft, then i will submit, you are a child of hate, who does not know the role of "power-play" in the success and failure of any administration.

remember the north never accepted or saw him as a president, rather they saw in him, an impostor utilizing their turn to rule our great country. so majority of the northerners who worked with GEJ were sycophants who turned their backs on him at a time he needed them most.

forgive me if this offends your sensibility, but i think the only true and loyal northerner to GEJ was Sambo Dasuki. But even that is understandable, Dasuki was not merely fighting for GEJ. But fought for himself, since he knew that PMB has an axe to grind with him. That explained why he "broke-into the NSA vaults to prevent Buhari from realising his dream of leading Nigeria as a civilian, albeit, he failed.

GEJ is not daft but infact one of the simplest and modest leaders in Nigeria's chequered history. who gave the Nigerians he appointed to prove themselves positively but they chose to do otherwise.

Buhari should be humble enough to give credit to GEJ as he gave to him concerning the maintenance of our national refineries. He should also let Nigerians know that since his assumption of office he has not procured a single bullet, not to talk of a bomb in the continuation of the prosection of war against insurgency.

#lastbullet# if PMB decides to retain his seat in 2019 he will also use government funds for campaign as it is norm in our clime grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Wyttcat: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2016
If you believe this fake statement then you'll believe anything.

When did Alex become Richard Quest. We all know Richard Quest and whatever he said should come from him not some low self esteem third party. Show Richard Quest saying it or in a western media where we can check it in his word, not this 419 of a thing. Whether you like it or not, Ngozi okonjo iweala is a failure, and that is settled.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Wyttcat: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2016
It's a fake statement.
Though CNN say trash sometimes, but they will never be this foolish to call a dog monkey, they are not that dumb.
tubouncen:
Shaking my head... The ''source'' link na blog(ger)

Where's the CNN link

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by sammhi(m): 11:43am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=TRUTHTOPOWER post=42202195]I don't expect a better assessment from colonial racists. anyone doing their colonial bidding was good. So was Mobutu Seseseko![/quote
stop being a bigot! NoI initiated NIPSS, TSA, Youwin,etc ...tell me one finance minister whose tenure was fraud free....fraud is an executive thing..or more of people attitude and NOI approach using tech is best...
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by scachy(m): 11:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Pidggin:
Zombies no go laik dis news at all grin

Honestly they would wish this innocent woman dead than hearing this kind of encomium pouring on her.

But men are are not God. grin

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by scachy(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:
That goes without saying. All economic indices pointing upwards took a downward turn the minute she left.

The zombies believe the confused Kemi Adeosun is better but that is the case in their airheads

Nigeria needs NOI at this time more than ever. No matter how much we argue, we have no economic direction at the moment and currently headed for doom.

Illiteracy seem to be our biggest problem otherwise the zombies amongst us cannot be hailing mediocrity in the face of an economic disaster.

It's funny the zombies have been programmed to blame crude oil prices for our economic woes while there are a million things that could be done to resuscitate our economy.

Can someone tell me in clear terms this govt's efforts at economy diversification.

God bless u.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by scachy(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2016
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by SoNature(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

actually only a low IQ person will be bambozzled by the supposed facts and figures which we all know were written by some yeye analyst in an office in New York, who probably doesn't even know where Nigeria is on the world map.

if she did so well why are there more Nigerian youths unemployed than ever before, so much so that even tanoids and wailers are waiting anxiously for Baba's promise of #5,000 for their jobless ass*?

if she did so well, why are we uncovering monumental corruption in almost every sector of our economy which she obviously mismanaged?

if she did so well where is the money she saved from selling crude oil at $120/barrel for years?

giving express or tacit support for evil is the same as sharing in the evil and its consequences.

Mumu! Whether NOI was the best minister of economy or not is not my biz.

But hold on, do you even know who Richard Quest is? FYI, Richard Quest was in Lagos in one of the series of Business Traveller shows. If you knew this, I bet you would not be typing rubbish here
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Biafrarep(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

RANTS.

you still haven't answered my question.

if she was the best why are you still jobless six years after her REIGN as coordinating minister of the economy.

shifting the blame to Mrs Kemi Adeosun who just took over the 3months ago is irresponsible of you.

CNN has ivy league economists abi? oya mention the name of line that you know and have listened to.

you ain't going anywhere. you and I will remain in this country for good or for bad. so belt up. the ride just got bumpy.
Everybody cannot be employed at the same time becos there is nothing like utopia economics but it was very obvious that d economy was growing, unemployment rate was falling, investors were pouring into Nigeria, infrastructure was improving but now everything is in reverse gear, poverty & suffering is now walking on all fours!! About leaving this country, my mind is made up becos things are likely going to get worse for the citizens, the only thing Buhari knows is kwaraption!
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by nijabazaar: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
ugnmezi:

My Happiness z dat all three are proudly 5%. So any of dem can make us proud. As it stand for d first time I am fast forgeting d name of our current finance minister.

I dont even recall her name. The only time i noticed her on TV was while she was peeping with her nostrils flared, at the IMF boss finger nails. You need to see the hairy nostrils...
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Igbo20(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
yes i can agree with this report so far she is d best finance minister nigeria ever had
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by HiddenShadow: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
Biafrarep:
Everybody cannot be employed at the same time becos there is nothing like utopia economics but it was very obvious that d economy was growing, unemployment rate was falling, investors were pouring into Nigeria, infrastructure was improving but now everything is in reverse gear, poverty & suffering is now walking on all fours!! About leaving this country, my mind is made up becos things are likely going to get worse for the citizens, the only thing Buhari knows is kwaraption!

Ignore him. He is pained that their best is brainless on how to manage the economy
NOI an Igbo, has proven that without Igbos, Nigeria will be another wretched Somalia West of Africa
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by InvertedHammer: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
/
LOL.

Poor Africans.

It is always someone who has never lived in Nigeria that tells Nigerians how good they had it.

And Nigerians will applaud even though facts on the ground points otherwise.

Oyibo's mind control of Africans must be part of manifest destiny.
\
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by omonnakoda: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Flets:

She was trying to grow the reserves but amaechi and fashola preferred it shared
That is very LAME
Reserves are not quite the same as the Excess crude account.
Reserves are managed by the CBN and the other by the Finance Minister
You may need someone to explain the difference to you
THey preferred to have their own SHARE as per the constitution. IF she wanted to grow ECA she could have saved the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT'S share .Amaechi and Fashola had no power to make her spend THAT. Afterall the FG had a budget so when there was extra earning over and above what the FG budgeted for why did she SPEND it. Why not save it

Why did the Subsidy bill treble within 6 months of her resumption . What work exactly did she do in preparing her embarrassing FIRST budget under GEJ

Why was she a part of repeated un appropriated expenditures

The things that make a good Finance Minister are discipline ,integrity and Knowledge and she was lacking on all counts.

If you are looking for our best Finance Minister look no further than Awo who was Minister during a civil war ,Did not borrow irresponsibly,Saved the funds due to Eastern Nigeria and returned it after the war and very magnanimously gave the belligerents the princely sum of TWENTY Nigerian pounds. All this WITHOUT OIL MONEY

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by chidinwachukwu(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
TonySpike:
The best finance minister Nigeria ever had was Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Under him, Nigeria was able to save and progress during wartime. Under him, they remitted revenues accrued to former Eastern Nigeria after the war. Quote me wrong!
Accrued to which people?.you won't keep that your stinking mouth in your pocket,after stealing our money and giving my people twenty pounds,no matter how much u had in ur account before the war?.anyway he Awolowo at least had the dignity to commit. Suicide after gambari people used and dump him
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Orikinla(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
ozoemenafn:
Who is Soludo ? Soludo is a baby when compared with Ngozi Okonji Iweala on financial policies, management and administration. Take it or leave it the country needs someone like NOI at this critical time.
. You don't know her.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Akaujaa(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
I pity those who think and believe everything a white says is undisputable. Besides, I don't even believe CNN as TV network said that, the comment must have come from a guest or Okonjo Iweala herself and makes it entirely her opinion and not CNN's.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Orikinla(m): 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
But who is Richard Quest? If Paul Krugman said so, it could be considered.
And NOI Polls can manipulate public opinion with her PR agents she pays millions of dollars. She knows me very well and knows I cannot be fooled. She is a clever smooth operator. OBJ knows her very well. Cunning woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Clears Zamfara APC To Contest 2019 Elections / Stella Oduah Decamps To APC, Dumps PDP (Video, Photos) / Soludo Identifies Another N8.6trillion Missing Under Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.