Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 (1758 Views)

FG Releases Economic Recovery Plan / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / Buhari's Economic Agenda Is Archaic, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by EmNaija: 3:55am On Jan 22, 2016

The federal government has given the direction it will take to run the economy in 2016.

According to the federal government, it will fully implement the 2016 budget so as to recover from the slowing GDP growth and to forestall the remote possibility of recession.

A statement from the Ministry of Finance Thursday said the Minister of Finance Mrs. Kemi Adeosun made the declaration in an article she wrote.

According to the statement, the finance minister noted that the focus of the current administration is to stimulate the economy and achieve a real GDP growth rate of 4.2 per cent by the implementation of the draft 2016 budget.

Adeosun added that “the administration is also determined to reduce the cost of governance, extract efficiencies in public service and enhance revenue collections. The administration plans to increase government expenditure on infrastructure i.e. Transport, Roads, Housing and Power with a view to achieving a substantial increase in gross capital

Read full story
http://emnaija.com/p/318793/fg-releases-economic-agenda-for-2016
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by suxkill: 4:01am On Jan 22, 2016
the APC mod that ban me,God will visit you!

back to the matter!
And the scamming theories continues!!!

while the scamming practical is still loading........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:04am On Jan 22, 2016
Yet the Aso villa budget was increased from N580M to N1.7Bn by Bubu......

Reduce cost of governance my foot.....!

Buhari is a scam!!
APC never prepared to work......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by Amack(m): 4:10am On Jan 22, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Buhari is a scam!!
. This is the changes that they talking about, It may be Negative or positive. But I believe in transformation.

4 Likes

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by ticker(m): 4:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Everytime I look at the way things are going in this country I just can't stop laughing, the people in govt made a lot of promises before the election, now that it is time for them to fulfill it they are confused and frustrated. only few people called the zombies are blind to see the reality that nigeria is heading nowhere and no direction

8 Likes

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by STARGREEN(m): 4:44am On Jan 22, 2016
The set goals can be reached but it did not capture the manufacturing sector in real terms! Hope this isn't old story? Well good luck.

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by EHMIR(m): 4:47am On Jan 22, 2016
Real change is when u submit budget to NASS,steal it back to ''change'' itgringrin

the budget saga,can b likened to a student dat copied his friend,submit his paper,later he realised he made a deadly mistake,went back to d teacher's lock to steal his paper nd edit it,naija don enter one chance since 2015sad

6 Likes

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by opalu: 5:24am On Jan 22, 2016
Good one
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by alrahmanonline(m): 5:42am On Jan 22, 2016
suxkill:
the APC mod that ban me,God will visit you!

back to the matter!
And the scamming theories continues!!!

while the scamming practical is still loading........
If someone mess for your house, it is either APC, Buhari or tinubu, maka why nw? nawa for you o

1 Like

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by nnachukz(m): 6:02am On Jan 22, 2016
When jona budgeted N1b for Feeding and other expenses in the presidential villa. The then CPC and ACN, now APC and their zombies were criticising loudly and strongly. But today Buhari has budgeted N1.7b for the same and none of them has criticised him. Back to the budget, it can not be 100% implemented except we borrow heavily to finance it. We are already running at deficit because the $38pb benchmark is no longer feasible. I wonder what she is thinking by saying the will implement everything in the budget, from where is she going to make up for the ever increasing deficit in the budget.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by Firefire(m): 6:08am On Jan 22, 2016
APC is nothing but a SCAM.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by omowolewa: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2016
When acquired all we are privatizing today, when government is still a serious investor in business.
Strategic growth in economy will be difficult unless government is serious in business.

The huge amount of local debt indicates that Nigerian's are risk averse, that which may not produce much entrepreneur or they are bad debtors.

This indicates that government have to be financially discipline and do more of PPPP.
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by Aufbauh(m): 6:17am On Jan 22, 2016
It baffles me that some people are only interested in one item on the budget without recourse to the holistic framework and viability of same. This is an ignoramus stupidity taken too far to the public show.

"The reality of building does not consists of the roofs and walls but in the space within which to be lived on"- Lao Tzu
Every right thinking person should rather be concerned with the workability, viability and implementation of the budget and not to pick holes on a document he/she had no input on.
A viable budgeting will definitely shows itself in the course of implementation and it workable impact on the citizenry in the course of time.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by Meriekriss: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Where is the released economic agenda

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, 3D epoxy floors, 3D stretch ceilings and wooden blinds & wooden laminate floors..
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by coolzeal(m): 6:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Fundamentally, How do you intend to build up a crashed economy that majorly depend on crude sales -plus a whopping amount of N2.22tn will be borrowed to supplement a running deficits? Yet, you are not spending more on capital budget but recurrent and public offices. 2016 budget is a pure scam and mismanagement of public funds.
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by greatinbattle: 6:38am On Jan 22, 2016
Nice one from FG
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by EternalTruths: 6:47am On Jan 22, 2016
Ever since God began drying the oil wealth of the Freeborns , the government voted in by the Ewedu and Cattle people have become totally lost on what to do

Oil wealth will drop further to $10 per barrel and it will not be patronized

Buhari should start farming cocoa and groundnut in order to increase dollar supply before the exchange rate becomes $1=#1000
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by naijaboy756: 6:48am On Jan 22, 2016
greatinbattle:
Nice one from FG
I just realised everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. If not,I would have given you a befitting insult. What is nice about what she said and the APC government in totality?
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by BALLOSKI: 6:57am On Jan 22, 2016
Now we have a policy direction.
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by EmNaija: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2016

EMNAIJA is a new platform were Nigerians all over the world can share information and update on issues concerning Nigeria. ..

let's move Nigeria forward

Join us at [url]EmNaija.com/signup[/url]
Facebook[url]Facebook.com/EmNaija[/url]
Twitter [url]twitter.com/emnaija[/url]
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 22, 2016
EmNaija:

The federal government has given the direction it will take to run the economy in 2016.

According to the federal government, it will fully implement the 2016 budget so as to recover from the slowing GDP growth and to forestall the remote possibility of recession.

A statement from the Ministry of Finance Thursday said the Minister of Finance Mrs. Kemi Adeosun made the declaration in an article she wrote.

According to the statement, the finance minister noted that the focus of the current administration is to stimulate the economy and achieve a real GDP growth rate of 4.2 per cent by the implementation of the draft 2016 budget.

Adeosun added that “the administration is also determined to reduce the cost of governance, extract efficiencies in public service and enhance revenue collections. The administration plans to increase government expenditure on infrastructure

I'm guessing she has not read the budget

How do you build an economy by borrowing 2 trilllion??
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by drss(m): 8:12am On Jan 22, 2016
they mean turn d zoos economics woes through debts borrowing N2 trillion ab.okis in d name of stipends is d most daffest plan eva in d history of mankind. hope d con3 dissovles very fast make everybody go him village.
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by suxkill: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2016
alrahmanonline:

If someone mess for your house, it is either APC, Buhari or tinubu, maka why nw? nawa for you o

lolz!I don the suspect you ooo.

I for call you hypocrite.
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by yhemsy62(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Buhari is a scam!!
But Jonathan is never a scammed?
Re: FG Releases Economic Agenda For 2016 by suxkill: 9:19am On Jan 22, 2016
yhemsy62:
But Jonathan is never a scammed?

what is this one saying?

dude,to comment no be by force.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? / FG Sacks Striking Doctors / Goodluck Jonathan Still Working On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Way Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.