Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? (1764 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / The Best Performing Governors In 2016? / Ambode Awarded Best Performing Governor In Nigeria In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
Ezenwo Nyesom Wike Is The Current Governor Of Rivers State

-Lets Take A Look At All His achievement In One Year In Office

■Judiciary:

• Revival of the State Judiciary ; Opening of the courts, stabilisation of the Judiciary through peaceful succession
• Implementation of Financial Autonomy for the State Judiciary
• Ongoing Construction of NBA Ultra Modern Law Centre
• Donation of Six Coaster Buses to Rivers NBA Branches and FIDA
• Release of N500 million to the State Judiciary for Capital Projects
• Construction of Additional Courtrooms at the Federal High Court, Complex, Port Harcourt

• Construction of Additional Courtrooms at the State Customary Court of Appeal

• Seamless Succession of Chief Judge in the state judiciary Legislature

■Revival of the State House Of Assembly crippled by the immediate past administration for two years

• Financial Autonomy for the Legislative Arm

■Housing:

• 50 Units Iriebe Housing Estate for Middle Income Earners

• Ongoing Construction of Phase 2 of Mile One Market under PPP agreement

■Sports

• Hosting of the National Under 23 Team Match against Congo

• Hosting of Super Eagles Versus Angola Match
• Hosting of Ivory Coast versus Sierra Leone Nations Cup Qualifier

• Payment of outstanding eight months salaries for Defunct Dolphins/Sharks players

•Hosting of West Africa Golf Tournament

■Empowerment/Poverty Alleviation

• N2billion Rivers State Micro,Small, and Medium Scale Entreprises Development Fund for Women Groups, Youth Groups, Artisans and the Less Privileged

■Education:

• Completion of the Dr Nabo Graham Douglas Faculty of Law Complex of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, RSUST.

• Rehabilitation of Key Secondary Schools with the introduction of Boarding System (GSS Rumuokwuta as Pilot Project)

• Distribution of Science Equipment to 247 Secondary Schools for WAEC practicals and disbursement of funds for the purchase of perishable consumables to stop extortion by principals

■Agriculture

• Launching of School Farm Programme to attract youths to agriculture

• Farmer Loan Scheme /Input Distribution to boost Food Production

• State-Wide Farmer Registration for access to inputs/loans

■Transport

•Modernisation of Marine Transportation

• Process for the development Development of Database of Buses/Taxis for enhanced security

■Health

• Proactive Handling of the Lassa Fever Outbreak in the state

• Preliminary works on the expansion of Zonal Hospitals
• Preliminary works on the revival of moribund primary health care centres and General Hospitals

• Revival of engagement with International Organisations for the treatment of infectious diseases

■Civil Service Reforms

• Payment of Salary Arrears inherited from the immediate past administration

• Payment of 8 Months Pension Arrears Inherited from the immediate past administration
• Restructuring of the State Civil Service

• Reintroduction of the release of monthly overhead to Ministries/ Departments/Agencies

■Road Infrastructural Development

• Abonnema/Obonnema Link Road/Bridge (Commissioned)

• Eagle Island/Iloabuchi Road/Bridge (Commissioned)
• Abuluoma-Woji Link Road/Bridge ( Commissioned)
• Oyigbo Market Road (Commissioned)

• NKPOGU-NLNG Road/Bridge (Commissioned)

• Reconstruction of Operation Zero Potholes for 33 kilometres of Township Roads (Handled by Julius Berger and CCECC.

• Reconstruction of Igwuruta-Chokocho road (on-going)

• Reconstruction of Eleme Junction to Onne Junction of the East-West Road (on-going)
• Reconstruction of the Rumualogu/Alakahiah Road (On-going)
• Rehabilitation of the Road under Mile 1 Bridge (Completed)
• Reconstruction of the Rumuolumini-Iwofe road
• Rehabilitation of Obi Wali road (Completed)
• Reconstruction of Elioparanwo road (Completed)

• Reconstruction of Eliozu-Rumunduru-Elimgbu ( Oro-Igwe road)

• Reconstruction of Borikiri New Road

•Reconstruction of Rumuepirikom-Rumuolumeni road

•Reconstruction of Rumukurusi-Eneka-Igwuruta road
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by chocolateme(f): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
Maybe
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 7:35am On May 26, 2016
• Reconstruction of Rumuahaolu road

•Reconstruction of Industry Road

•Reconstruction of Nelson Mandela (SARS) Road

• So far over 120 kilometres of roads have been reconstructed or rehabilitated across the state since May 29, 2016.

■Security

• Donation of 66 Security Vans fitted with communication gadgets to Security Agencies

• Liaising with 23 Local Government Areas to donate another 46 Vans fitted with communication gadgets to Security Agencies
• Statutory Financial Support and relevant logistics for Security Agencies

• Strengthening of the State Security Council for responsive performance Urban Development •Preliminary Process for the Construction of New Central Abattoir in Port Harcourt

■Water Supply

•Launch of the Rivers State Water Sector Reform Programme to revolutionise Water Supply to Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor Local Government Areas

•Completion of Water Supply and reticulation system in Alesa and Agboncha, Eleme LGA

■Key Attractions of One Year Anniversary

•Flag Off of the construction of Ecumenical Centre (25th May, 2016)

•Flag Off of the Construction of Port Harcourt Pleasure Park (25th May, 2016)

• Flag Off of the Construction of Sakpenwa-Bori Road (26th May, 2016)

•Flag Off of the Construction of the Tam David West Boulevard (28th May, 2016)
•Flag Off of the Reconstruction of Obiri Ikwerre Airport (27th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Borikiri New Road (Dr Abiye Sekibo road)
•Commissioning of Industry Road
•Commissioning of Njamanze/Abonnema Wharf Road
•Commissioning of Rumukurusi-Eneka-Igwuruta road (26th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Eleme Water Project (26th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Rumuepirikom-Rumuolumeni road (27th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Elioparanwo road (27th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of New Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority Head Office (27th May, 2016)
• Commissioning of Azikiwe Street, Diobu (28th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Bishop Okoye Street, Mile 3, Diobu (28th May, 2016)
Commissioning of Eliozu-Rumunduru-Elimgbu (Oroigwe) 28th May, 2016
•Commissioning of Rukpokwu-Eneka road (28th May, 2016)
•Commissioning of Nelson Mandela (SARS) Road (28th May, 2016)

Composed By Simeon Nwakaudu

With All This Can We Say He Isnt The Best Performing governor

http://www.oneinfoplus.com.ng/2016/05/26/best-working-governor-nigeria/

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2016

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by sewizzy(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
You are actually from River state....FTC tinz jooo
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2016
@ Mynd44 lalasticlala

Do the needful

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Thatitan234(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2016
He has done quite a lot. But wait for other governors to list theirs too. They have all made a compilation ahead of May 29

1 Like

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
sewizzy:
You are actually from River state.

Nooo
My names are
Maxwell Ugonna Nnadozie
Am from Imo State..

But wike! He is actually Working
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Kondomatic(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2016
Thatitan234:
He has done quite a lot. But wait for other governors to list theirs too. They have all made a compilation ahead of May 29
I think the Lagos State governor will beat him.

2 Likes

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2016
Obiano be like are you joking. meanwhile zombies will not like this thread

1 Like

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Slikbae: 7:55am On May 26, 2016
He's only doing his job so why applaud him?

By the way you lied about Abuloma/Woji link bridge. it was 90% completed when Wike took over. But Wike is active, so kudos to him.
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by thesicilian: 7:58am On May 26, 2016
You and your governor should come to Lagos. I'm quite certain Wike will change both his state of origin & residence when he sees what's going on in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by orunto27: 7:59am On May 26, 2016
Welldone Wike. You are the Best.
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by cktheluckyman: 8:00am On May 26, 2016
thesicilian:
You and your governor should come to Lagos.

na for mouth? nobi the same lagos wey I de stay? why not post his imaginary projects here for us to see
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Ajibel(m): 8:01am On May 26, 2016
Lemme help the OP.

South south - Wike

South east - Willie

South West - Amosun

And yea, I don't need to mention Ambode. He no be their mate.
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by alexmaye(m): 8:05am On May 26, 2016
itz his job as the governor of rivers and he can be an example 4 oda governors 2 imitate except d DIE HARDS!!!
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by funkyibodude(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2016
Ajibel:
Lemme help the OP.

South south - Wike

South east - Willie

South West - Amosun

And yea, I don't need to mention Ambode. He no be their mate.
lol you are funny

1 Like

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by maxdozie(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2016
thesicilian:
You and your governor should come to Lagos. I'm quite certain Wike will change both his state of origin & residence when he sees what's going on in Lagos.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Bro! Relax! Come to p.h
Chill here for two days and you would relocate from Lag to p.h
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by thesicilian: 9:15am On May 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:

na for mouth? nobi the same lagos wey I de stay? why not post his imaginary projects here for us to see

I do not have the time to start downloading/snapping pictures of Lagos just to paste on Nairaland... But suffice it to say that Agbara is not the same as Lagos...
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by MrAnalyst: 9:16am On May 26, 2016
Ambode is being over hyped here. He's doing well but he's still far from a particular governor we know
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by thesicilian: 9:19am On May 26, 2016
maxdozie:

Hahahahahahahahaha
Bro! Relax! Come to p.h
Chill here for two days and you would relocate from Lag to p.h
Lol.
Its been a very long while since I entered PH sha. Maybe I'll stroll in there on my next vacation
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by cktheluckyman: 9:20am On May 26, 2016
thesicilian:

I do not have the time to start downloading/snapping pictures of Lagos just to paste on Nairaland... But suffice it to say that Agbara is not the same as Lagos...

Bros I live in the very heart of lagos and I am yet to see ambode's works!! You can start by mentioning projects he has completed in the last one year.You don't need to snap them!!!
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by thesicilian: 9:25am On May 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Bros I live in the very heart of lagos and I am yet to see ambode's works!! You can start by mentioning projects he has completed in the last one year.You don't need to snap them!!!

(just a few of the physical/infrastructural projects)

Illumination of 3rd mainland and Eko bridges

Ago palace way rehabilitation

Lagos State Emergency Management Agency
(LASEMA) response unit., Oshodi - first in Nigeria which boasts of more than 50 major equipment including 3 Forklifts, a Crane, 13 trucks, 10 Paramedic Motorbikes, 2 Fire Trucks, Ambulances, etc.

114 roads in all 57 councils to be completed by June ending

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/one-year-ambode-commissions-roads-schools-jetty-market-others/

N4.8billion worth of security vehicles signed, sealed and delivered, including cars, gunboats, helicopters, armoured personnel carriers (APC), drone, etc

Not to talk of the obvious Oshodi & 4th mainland bridge projects which however are yet to begin on the field, but well past the planning stages

you may wish to check google.com for more...

His first year achievements, in the words of my beloved Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, are very audible to the deaf and visible to the blind... Except for those many in Lagos who leave home as early as 3am and return by 1am...
Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by laurel03(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2016
Slikbae:
He's only doing his job so why applaud him?

By the way you lied about Abuloma/Woji link bridge. it was 90% completed when Wike took over. But Wike is active, so kudos to him.
I don't know why some peep praise our politicians...that is why they are there and moreover non of them is using their personal money.

1 Like

Re: Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? by Maxzycutie: 11:55am On May 26, 2016
he is the best in Nigeria as a whole..
Why isnt this post on frontpage?

Seun Mynd44 Fynestboi lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

/ Oba Akiolu Send Message to Niger Delta Avengers / Read How Edo State Is Emerging The New Japan Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.