Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta (989 Views)

Aleto Eleme Bridge On East West Road Collapses (Photos) / Obasanjo, Jonathan For Probe Over East-West Road / Ambode Inspects Abule Egba Flyover And Other Projects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by eyesofgod: 5:14am On Jan 22, 2016
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Pastor Uguru Usain said on Thursday that the federal government has set up a committee to audit and review the East-West road and other projects of the ministry in the Niger Delta region.

Usain, who stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja, did not however disclose the composition of the committee

” The auditors would examine and determine whether the work was going on as specified and job done so far was commensurate with the amount of money paid to the contractors.

” There are some payments made to contractors that weren’t documented. I only avail myself the opportunity to know at the project sites during questioning. ” he said

NAN reports that some of the Ministry’ s projects were construction of the East-West road and 17 other road projects across the oil producing states, which are also under construction.

Some of the 17 roads projects which are at various completion stages, are the Elele road, the Obehia-Ak­wete-Etinam road and the Gbaregolor-Ogragbene road in Delta State.

Others are the Mbaise ring road in Owerri area and the nine skills acquisition centres which are at various stages of completion, while the 250 out of the 400 housing project have been completed.
www.dailypost.ng/2016/01/21/fg-to-review-east-west-road-other-projects-in-niger-delta/

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by jeffizy(m): 5:24am On Jan 22, 2016
The militants finally brought attention home.

Anennih , Grandpa Clarke et al, be duly notified.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by DropShot: 5:27am On Jan 22, 2016
It's the sensible thing to do especially with all rhe revelations about the senseless looting of everything in sight by the last administration.

The 2nd Niger bridge, East West road and even Lagos-Ibadan road must be reviewed among other inflated projects.

Jonathan was a sleeping duck,

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by DropShot: 5:29am On Jan 22, 2016
jeffizy:

Keep deluding yourself with your militants bringing attention home crap.

I guess it was the militants that made the appointment of the Niger Delta minister plus others possible too.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by alrahmanonline(m): 5:33am On Jan 22, 2016
jeffizy:

Hope you won't shout Buhari killing your people When they engage the militants, how do we get to this pathetic level?
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by eyesofgod: 5:35am On Jan 22, 2016
”There are some payments made to contractors that weren’t documented. I only avail myself the opportunity to know at the project sites during questioning. ” he said.

Mr Minister, time is of the essence. As long as it's a contract awarded under GEJ govt, always assume the worst. You can never go wrong. The man mumu no get equivalent. He even needs supervised nursing from exploiters like Metuh, et al.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by jeffizy(m): 5:39am On Jan 22, 2016
DropShot:

Keep deluding yourself with your militants bringing attention home crap.

I guess it was the militants that made the appointment of the Niger Delta minister plus others possible too.
Don't misunderstand me.

I owe you no explanations though. Since you seem to be oblivious of recent happenings in that region.

1 Like

Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by DropShot: 5:42am On Jan 22, 2016
jeffizy:

Don't misunderstand me.

I owe you no explanations though. Since you seem to be oblivious of recent happenings in that region.
Sarcasm gone wrong?

grin grin
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by eyesofgod: 5:45am On Jan 22, 2016
author=DropShot post=42207819 Jonathan was a sleeping duck,

He was more likely under the influence of a potent amnesic.
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Nice move. The East-West Road was deliberately left to drag because it afforded some people the opportunity to corruptly enrich themselves. When ex-Governor Amaechi, knowing the importance of the road and how it had dragged, asked that the Niger Delta Ministry hand its construction to the Niger Delta governors, it led to bad blood between him and the Presidency (Jonathan and Orubebe).
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by jeffizy(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2016
DropShot:

Sarcasm gone wrong?

grin grin
I concur grin
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by eyesofgod: 5:57am On Jan 22, 2016
EFCC might be needed here to sweep for 'Orubebe mines'. He was a looting lunatic while in charge of the ND ministry.
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by Meriekriss: 6:12am On Jan 22, 2016
Trouble looming for Orubebe..

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, 3D epoxy floors, 3D stretch ceilings and wooden blinds & wooden laminate floors..
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by Joevics(m): 6:49am On Jan 22, 2016
eyesofgod:
EFCC might be needed here to sweep for 'Orubebe mines'. He was a looting lunatic while in charge of the ND ministry.
seems you have forgotten that they have dragged him to court once, but disgraced themselves by not been able to provide any evidence or a single witness. I just hope Buhari doesn`t want to use these reviews and inflated figures as a reason to cancel those project like he did before. We would rather have infrastructures with inflated figures than have none. By the way has buhari awarded any contract since his assumption? Then what did they do with the trillions they borrowed as supplementary for november and december last year?
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by eyesofgod: 7:14am On Jan 22, 2016
Joevics:
Then what did they do with the trillions they borrowed as supplementary for november and december last year?

It appears you don't know that we are in era of not writing while under the influence. When you are sober, give source to the highlighted .
Re: FG To Review East-west Road, Other Projects In Niger Delta by Joevics(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
eyesofgod:

It appears you don't know that we are in era of not writing while under the influence. When you are sober, give source to the highlighted .
and I guess you are writing under the influence of Aisha's overdone rice, Ode. www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/11/president-buhari-seeks-senate-approval.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Man Pens Tribute To Cousin Who Died As Result Of Army Weapon Funds Embezzlement / Photos:ex Pres Jonathan Displays His Award As He Is Honored Yet Again In Geneva / Breaking: Seven Die In Lagos Lagoon Boat Accident - Channels Television

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.