Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics (35093 Views)

Maritime University Granted Approval By NUC To Commence Degree Programmes / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment / New Photos Of Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by macaranta(m): 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Cool...contract can't be stopped like that.

If you can instruct online ....see signature.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by passionate88: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Apc and lies

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Software202(m): 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Is this a medium of campaign or what?
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by allthingsgood: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Alonga:
They never see anything good goodluck jonathan done all they see curruption,only God will judge all of you.

Pls dont call the name of God anyhow. If they didnt steal then they have nothing to fear. But then again, why is Tompolo running

And what about the N540million they siphoned through the fashion designer

Any small tin una go call God. Abeggi
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

These can never be ascribed as 21st century University buildings.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

I tire! eyesores all over the country!! In 2015 these are the buildings we are erecting!!! When thugs, ruffians and area boys, people who have no finesse occupy power and award contracts to quacks instead of professionals.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ameachi na mumu man...
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by 9jatriot(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
I hope we will not find out that this is a private estate latter. Can't put anything pass these peopol

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by protectionsiker: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
funny how Amaechi want to play politics with such a wonderful project in the Niger Delta just because of bad blood!!! cry

i know one Ijaw sell out will still defend this undecided

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by scachy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
On a more serious note, what does these propagandists take Nigerians for?

Do they think that the truth to such obvious lies are far fetched that they blow lies after lies to us. (even wen they can be easily verified) smh!!
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by InvertedHammer: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
/
Is it an apartment complex, hotel or school?

/

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dammytosh: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Where is the UNiversity ?

When you get to the University Pictures, wake me up

Is that the 13.5 Billion ?

thats cool.

No wonder Tompolo is on his way to Lagos with the receipts to explain how he did the project. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by richidinho(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:

The same quantity of materials that have been used can be expended on a better fit for purpose designed and well constructed set of buildings.

Do you really think these designs and construction methods are befitting? I think the Maritime University deserves more.

The pain is that the amount appropriated could have built better structures like the first generation Universities.

To your question, yes I know what it takes. This is what I do!

mttcheew...see im mouth as if he can do better
thiv
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by columbus007(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
All those hate speeches made by Rotweiler Amechie mehn undecided he's so God forsaken undecided
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.

You sound so silly. Is your judgement and anger based on the photos you are seeing here, or have you seen the actual blue print of the whole campus or gone to the site itself? What do you know about architecture and modern university construction? You sit there to mouth crap and speak out of context as if you had a better idea. Shame on a government that would go on air to lie to the populace without any sense of restraint or conscience.

10 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

U dey mind these fools. Nothings links these buildings to the plaque shown.

Once anyone points out the Lies of your APC overlord you term them fools, maybe as part of the change the meaning of FOOLS has also been changed. Now im gonna wish everyone is a fool if the sane minds left in the world reason like you.
you typed all that stuff but i couldnt se where you condemned amaechi for his lies but you'll still come out tomorrow and be claiming patriot
Now im expecting you to call me a fool too

8 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by kennosklint(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.
bros u must b a poor man

4 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by winterfell007(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

guy you spoke like a true he-goat. isn't it obvious that the building is still under construction. have you the artistic impression of the projects. does it look completed in your eyes? Mehn!!!!! kids everywhere!!!

NB:
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

Exactly the same question I am asking these fools. What makes these buildings the alleged school in question.

Your definition of schools is tall buildings right? Do you even realize that construction of a university campus is done in phases? Do you know if the photographer merely captured the hostel areas, staff quaters, cafetaria, library or a plethora of other possibilities? And who says that a maritime university must look like OAU or loads of other misguided refrences? Do you even know the curriculum on which the proposed university will run? The government is building a functional university infastructure not a vain edifice.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

Theshadyfool, for all I care, these buildings can just be some random buildings anywhere in southern Nigeria. Nothing suggests to sane minds that this is the institution in question.
U nuts are known to be pathetic liars by virtue of ur antecedents so one has to be sure that what u presented is true before any condemnation. prove ur lies first before I condemn anyone if I really Av to. Again I say that nothing in those building pictures links the plaque to the buildings. U lot are lying.

i expected you to call me a FOOL and you did, would have been disappointed if you didnt. but sincerly speaking what would have disappointed me more is if you had taking you had summoned the courage to apply some measure of reasoning in your shoddy reply

Now this is for anyone that reads this and not DEMDEM cos i know he doesnt have the capacity to comprehend what im about to say:
if i tell you something happened and you told me im a liar cos i have no proof it happened except the fact that i said it then, i went further to show you pictures of the incident as proof it happened, but you still disprove of it, will it now not be up to you to disprove my lies by showing me what the true picture should look like?
PLS can any sane mind out there help save DEMDEM from his confusion or should i say self-inflicted ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by kunle75(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
GodsMercy1:

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

But looking at the structure would you agree less with him that tax payers money was wasted.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Hearme(m): 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

You sound so silly. Is your judgement and anger based on the photos you are seeing here, or have you seen the actual blue print of the whole campus or gone to the site itself? What do you know about architecture and modern university construction? You sit there to mouth crap and speak out of context as if you had a better idea. Shame on a government that would go on air to lie to the populace without any sense of restraint or conscience.

There is no real sense creating new Universities when you can use the money to develop existing ones. There is a petroleum university in Effurun and a Maritime Academy in Oron. If this school's get 7billion Naira each and are given specific mandates. I think it will be better. Even the so called bigger universities in which I work in one are under staffed and have poor working conditions so creating a totally new university will amount to making university education been belittled. I have not been to that area before but with the state of this project and Nigeria economy for now, it does not appear the University can kickstart in 3-5 years. So why the monumental waist of funds. Most new universities created by GEJ in each state started with either one federal college or a location with existing infrastructure. With that, the 1.5billion take of grant was at least able to allow them start courses in the social sciences and administration which does not require labs and equipment.

At this stage of the project. I do not support the cancellation of the university project but the project might suffer progress due to the economy. If I was from that area, I will sincerely campaign for its continuation because of its advantages to my people. Let's pray the economy kick up and the project can be completed for the people of Gbaramatu. Nonetheless, an assessment of the worth of the structures on ground and the funds released should be carried out if there seems to be doubt on the amount spent.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by blazetitov: 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buildings doesn't look like normal school structures but more like residential estate.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
[s]
theshadyexpress:

i expected you to call me a FOOL and you did, would have been disappointed if you didnt. but sincerly speaking what would have disappointed me more is if you had taking you had summoned the courage to apply some measure of reasoning in your shoddy reply

Now this is for anyone that reads this and not DEMDEM cos i know he doesnt have the capacity to comprehend what im about to say:
if i tell you something happened and you told me im a liar cos i have no proof it happened except the fact that i said it then, i went further to show you pictures of the incident as proof it happened, but you still disprove of it, will it now not be up to you to disprove my lies by showing me what the true picture should look like?
PLS can any sane mind out there help save DEMDEM from his confusion or should i say self-inflicted ignorance
[/s]

Crap.
U displayed random pictures containing uncompleted buildings and called it the school in question. Only fools will believe such Crap. The onus is on u to prove that ur pictures is true not me. I didn't display anything.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
blazetitov:
Buildings doesn't look like normal school structures but more like residential estate.

I feel u.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

Your definition of schools is tall buildings right? Do you even realize that construction of a university campus is done in phases? Do you know if the photographer merely captured the hostel areas, staff quaters, cafetaria, library or a plethora of other possibilities? And who says that a maritime university must look like OAU or loads of other misguided refrences? Do you even know the curriculum on which the proposed university will run? The government is building a functional university infastructure not a vain edifice.

1) I never gave u any definition of school so I wonder where u got that thrash from.
2) nothing in the provided pictures suggest to all sane minds that the alleged school in question is what we are seeing. As far as I am concerned, it's only the plaque I can certify for now.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 2:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hearme:

There is no real sense creating new Universities when you can use the money to develop existing ones. There is a petroleum university in Effurun and a Maritime Academy in Oron. If this school's get 7billion Naira each and are given specific mandates. I think it will be better. Even the so called bigger universities in which I work in one are under staffed and have poor working conditions so creating a totally new university will amount to making university education been belittled. I have not been to that area before but whit the state of this project and Nigeria economy for now, it does not appear the University can kickstart in 3-5 years. So why the monumental waiste of funds. Most new universities created by GEJ in each state started with either one federal college or a location with existing infrastructure. With that, the 1.5billion take of grant was at least able to allow them start courses in the social sciences and administration which does not require labs and equipment.

You are talking out context my friend. The context of this thread is that Amaechi lied to the fedration with impunity. Or are you saying that you cannot see anything wrong in a so called "honorable minister" lying to the whole country on very basic and verifiable matters?

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by geesilver(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
why amaechi dey lie now?

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Am all for building new universities(in fact over ten years ago,I disagreed with someone who said we should stop building universities)....but the honest truth is that we can no longer sustain the construction of new universities.

A lot of people praise GEJ for the twelve new universities, and this new one they are building....but my palaver is that after they build am, where is the money to maintain them?

Is it school fees, that are kept below N40000(and if they try to increase them, students will comeout in protest,along with the masses)?

Is it Government allocation....in this era of falling oil prices?

Is it Dangote that will donate some of his millions to build university?

Which rich alumni will donate? (My old university has graduated lots of rich alumni....who have not donated much to the university since).

Abeg....I know that Amaechi may be closing down this university out of spite.....but me ,I know that even if Amaechi changes his mind....it might not be a good idea to build this new university....especially when primary school education in this country really needs the funding. Infact....stop funding universities. Let them be allowed to raise fees.Use the money saved to go and fund our primary and secondary schools properly....as well as the technical colleges.Even if we have to pay N600000 per annum as university fees....if it means that we can properly fund the Maritime University,and the other universities....esepecially the old fine wines like UNN,ABU, UI,OAU,UNILAG,etc....and our primary and secondary schools to boot....e go beta foreveryone.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by gbishman: 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Haba, this one I am in full support of the maritime guys they have done an excellent job. I think this APC guys should slow down on their media rascality.
It's quite immature to mislead the public with lies
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

1) I never gave u any definition of school so I wonder where u got that thrash from.
2) nothing in the provided pictures suggest to all sane minds that the alleged school in question is what we are seeing. As far as I am concerned, it's only the plaque I can certify for now.

Keep slumbering in your ideological ivory tower, sooner than later realities will jolt you back to life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams / How June 1st Cultist Scare Is Putting OAU On Lockdown / Photos: 22 Year Old Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.