Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics (35095 Views)

Maritime University Granted Approval By NUC To Commence Degree Programmes / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment / New Photos Of Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by smoothlips(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

You are the worst case in SHAME! If you had any trace of honor in your makeup you won't be in a haste to judge a whole univetsity project by a couple of unclear pictures captured on phone. Unfortunately, your misguided mind thinks it's smart.
suck a co**Ck!
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
smoothlips:

suck a co**Ck!

It's obvious that's your fulltime job. Otherwise you won't be answering smoothlips grin grin grin
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by smoothlips(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

It's obvious that's your fulltime job. Otherwise you won't be answering smoothlips grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @paschu=Pu****shi
anu mpam
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by xtainchukwu(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
i jst read at some comments i begin to wonder if some bunch of fools think from there smelling anus. people complaining about the building, how do u guys want the building to look like. we are jst the architect of our problems. so lets live with it. they can never pls all the bingos even if they have enuf shit to feed on. Nonsense.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by nevilbot: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
The building in des pics looks more like a residential estate dan a university to me. The layout does not even resemble a uni lay out at all.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
theshadyexpress:

chai, see how you are trying very hard to disprove facts,cmon all you have to do is provide pics to the contrary.

the road to truth is surely a long one for your kind

am aint disproving anything. am only asking u to substantiate what u presented. I have nothing to disprove yet grin grin for all i care, what u presented could even be a private property
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

Flesh and blood surely didn't reveal this revelation to u.
Tanoids are shameless liars. We need to be careful in digesting whatever they bring up. grin

I don't think so. tongue
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
theshadyexpress:

since you happen to know how the school looks like can u now show us the true picture, i promise i'd tender an unreserved apology, in the absence of any evidence to disprove this pictures i can safely and in good faith say u and amaechi are BROTHERS-IN-LIES

There is no school yet. Just like what the Honourable Minister of Transport said, Only feasibility study has been done. I choose to believe him instead of shameless liars like u brandishing another persons property online. Nothing proves that what u presented even belongs to govt.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
nevilbot:
The building in des pics looks more like a residentisl estate dan a university to me. The layout does not even resemble a uni lay out at all.

And who told you that a proper university campus cannot have one or more residential estates? Ever been to any decent and modern university campus lately, I'm not talking about their so called national edifices?
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

There is no school yet. Just like what the Honourable Minister of Transport said, Only feasibility study has been done. I choose to believe him instead of shameless liars like u brandishing another persons property online. Nothing proves that what u presented even belongs to govt.

Keep at your slumber, maintain the snore in bliss.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

Keep at your slumber, maintain the snore in bliss.

Empty head................biko, stay clear and remain on ur path u hear.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

You sound so silly. Is your judgement and anger based on the photos you are seeing here, or have you seen the actual blue print of the whole campus or gone to the site itself? What do you know about architecture and modern university construction? You sit there to mouth crap and speak out of context as if you had a better idea. Shame on a government that would go on air to lie to the populace without any sense of restraint or conscience.

My judgement is solely based on professionalism. I am an Architect by training.

Nothing personal. I attended OAU and understand what a Federal Institution should look like.

I am only seeking for a better Nigeria.

Will let the insults pass smiley.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by IVORY2009(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

Lackey, sometimes you just argue for argueing sake, the question is wat stops you from doing your own findings, travel there and snap your own picture, come back and prove him wrong, instead of beating around the bush, with unnecessailrily argument.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
kennosklint:
bros u must b a poor man

Lolol.

Well, the Almighty has been faithful!
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
ogkrakkid:

i c u know all...did dey tel u its a finished project..UNAM..go nd arrest tompolo first.

Just as Chukxie and Tevinsolt have concurred, we know what we see.

From the carcass, we can decipher. I think the Maritime University deserve better buildings. If you see otherwise, I respect your views.

wink
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:

It is not about how a maritime school should look. It is about having buildings befitting a University environment in tandem with the amount disbursed for such purpose. If we cannot replicate the feat of yesteryears seen in old generation Federal Institutions, we should at least have a scaled version of such schools.

The design and quality of construction look very shabby and poor. I am sad, because more could have been achieved with the much they must have claimed to have spent.

It is high time we clamored for an end to mediocrity in Nigeria. I am a member of the Construction Industry and it feels really sad.

You were one of those saying GEJ did nothin. I can see how it pained you to see this. GEJ did nothin abi? have you seen the 9 FED Universties? Have you seen Gas and Oil polytechnic in Bonny? You have no idea how expensive it is to build in such a terrain. You were one of those clapping for Amaechi. I pray for you that your eye be open to see beyound your nose. I can not be deceived. Yes your Saint have power now. How far na?

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
[s]
IVORY2009:

Lackey, sometimes you just argue for argueing sake, the question is wat stops you from doing your own findings, travel there and snap your own picture, come back and prove him wrong, instead of beating around the bush, with unnecessailrily argument.
[/s]

I piss on ur post. Those that claimed to do the travelling, what did they bring back.....................Another man's property and called it Govt school. i choose to believe the words of honourable Minister of Transport as against NLs Nonentities.
Shameless Arseholes
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by IVORY2009(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:
[s][/s]

I piss on ur post. Those that claimed to do the travelling, what did they bring back.....................Another man's property and called it Govt school.
Shameless Arseholes

You seems not to understand, then prove them wrong, by snapping your own pictures, showing the opposite of what they claim, upload it here, dem you have won, as it stands now, the man with the pictures for all to see, carrys the day, "Pictures, speaks louder than a thousand words"

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
VOICEOFJUSTICE:

You were one of those saying GEJ did nothin. I can see how it pained you to see this. GEJ did nothin abi? have you seen the 9 FED Universties? Have you seen Gas and Oil polytechnic in Warri? You have no idea how expensive it is to build in such a terrain. You were one of those clapping for Amaechi. I pray for you that your eye be open to see beyound your nose. I can not be deceived. Yes your Saint have power now. How far na?

Lolol.

I maintain GEJ was an irresponsible President. The quality of the so called Federal Universities just like the several dilapidated Airports affirm he lacked substance and was full of mediocrity.

I applaud Amaechi's efforts in Port Harcourt in deference to Infrastructure. I equally have applauded in previous posts, Wike's efforts to hit the ground running. I am devoid of sentiments.

I vehemently condemn the outlook of these buildings; it is my opinion. I strongly respect yours. smiley
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

You seems not to understand, then prove them wrong, by snapping your own pictures, showing the opposite of what they claim, upload it here, dem you have won, as it stands now, the man with the pictures for all to see, carrys the day, "Pictures, speaks louder than a thousand words"

There is nothing to prove wrong Lackey, dont u get it? Nothing from what they presented suggest that these buildings belong to the said school. can u swear with ur unborn seeds and vouch for what u are seeing? There is a reason why we have leaders and our leader that should know has spoken about its non existent. Those that claimed he lied simply havent disproved him yet with verifiable facts so u see there is nothing yet to disprove.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

am aint disproving anything. am only asking u to substantiate what u presented. I have nothing to disprove yet grin grin for all i care, what u presented could even be a private property

you are more confused

on one hand youre calling me a liar and on the other hand youre admitting you cant prove im a liar, while me im just asking you to prove youre telling the truth. cmon DEMDEM pick a struggle
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

There is nothing to prove wrong Lackey, dont u get it? Nothing from what they presented suggest that these buildings belong to the said school. can u swear with ur unborn seeds and vouch for what u are seeing? There is a reason why we have leaders and our leader that should know has spoken about its non existent. Those that claimed he lied simply havent disproved him yet with verifiable facts so u see there is nothing yet to disprove.

how do u know a lie if you dont know the truth? okay lemme now apply ur logic on you
can u now swear with your unborn seeds that those pictures are not the true representation of what the OP claim they are?

pls know when to give up forcing a lie,this is just a perfect case of such
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by IVORY2009(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

You might be right, that the pictures uploaded are that of some individual properties, u as it remains u can not prove it, @ least if not u travelling down, the "said Minister of transport" should have pictures to backup his claims.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

so youre guessing its a lie, but you have defended your point as if you are currently on maritime university construction site. i feel for you bro.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:

My judgement is solely based on professionalism. I am an Architect by training.

Nothing personal. I attended OAU and understand what a Federal Institution should look like.

I am only seeking for a better Nigeria.

Will let the insults pass smiley.

Sorry about that dear, I guess I was a bit too harsh on that, just that you being the first person to comment on the post, I did not just like the way you moved the focus of the thread from the lie told by the minister and diverted it to the structure. I can understand better now though. It's probably your professional instinct that kicked-in that moment, but I think you will agree that you probably made your conclusions way too fast, that's considering that the only details you had were just the above pictures that were probably captured casually with a phone. Who knows, some of the captured structures may even be the staff quarters, or any of such minor structures. There might even be a technical reason, not necessarily architecturally, but politically or otherwise, that may inform the design. I don't really think that every new school built here must look like those ones built earlier, that's architecturally speaking. Nevertheless, sorry for getting angry so quick. I just want us to condem amaechi's lie unanimously irrespective our various party affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by asamaigho(m): 4:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
GodsMercy1:

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

abegy make person hear word.
which kind transportation u dey talk about,...what is cost of renting or even building a barge?
dont forget dat d 13bn was only to acquire d said land from tompolo.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by asamaigho(m): 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
maritme university?
i can only see a few residential buildings snaped from different angle and distance.

i just hope dis is not tompolos estate ooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Gassa007: 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

These can never be ascribed as 21st century University buildings.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.
Oda
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by nevilbot: 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

And who told you that a proper university campus cannot have one or more residential estates? Ever been to any decent and modern university campus lately, I'm not talking about their so called national edifices?

So in your own many years of staying and schooling in nigeria, it is residential estate dey ist build on a proposed university campus abi! For ur info i am presently on my msc in a foreign country so i know wat a decent and modern university campus should look like not des scam pics dey are trying to sell to us as a uni campus

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by agog: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
The structure doesnt even look like a university building but an estate buildings belonging to one of these yam eaters
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Skybee1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dys nofin wrong wit complitin ds university n also upgradin MAN ORON to a degree awardin institution too afta all alot of countries av two to three maritime institution,Amaechi if u stop ds project ds project frm completion u ll b a big enemy of d South,we r entitile to own as many as five maritime university in all state of d S/S afta all its our rite n our reasource,imagin kaduna avin refinary as if dy cn produce a single cup of palm oil,rubbish govmnt
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by bakila: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

U dey mind these fools. Nothings links these buildings to the plaque shown.
While I find your comment harsh, I am compelled to agree with you. A mention of the construction company would be useful. I also know that there use to be project signboard disclosing the contract, the contractor and the client with other stakeholders.Such facts would have nailed it for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How June 1st Cultist Scare Is Putting OAU On Lockdown / FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams / Photos: 22 Year Old Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.