Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. (6060 Views)

See Photos: Man Transforms Worn-out Tyres To Beautiful Furniture / Paypal Nigeria Now Converting Naira to USD Using Standard International Rate / Converting Your Skills To Cash - How To Make Steady Income From Your Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Came across a Kenyan company that converts the regular 20ft and 40ft containers into homes,shops etc in a very creative way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2016
More.

2 Likes

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by 1money: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2016
WOW! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by phadriz(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2016
This is a good one
Low cost housing
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by eddy4naija: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2016
This is beautiful. i once watched on tv, a documentary of containers used to build 2 or more story buildings in d uk and were very fascinating.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Converted to shops.

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Living spaces.

1 Like

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by lcoral(f): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
These are lovely. Thank @ op. This idea really came at d right time. Please I would like to have an idea of d cost of the container.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
lcoral:
These are lovely. Thank @ op. This idea really came at d right time. Please I would like to have an idea of d cost of the container.

I do not presently know the going rates for containers.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by PlayerMeji: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Well, we wish we could but for the high cost of securing the containers.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by phonesNgadgets: 5:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is creativity! So lovely! smiley
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Newway2(m): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
These are really lovely. I remember staying in such a structure during NYSC days some years back & to be honest it's very cute.

But, such adaptation does not come cheap in Nigeria. I remember contacting a company here in Nigeria doing the same thing & the price I got is as good as building a brand new boungalow with brick & mortar.

Why are we always paying exhorbitant prices for everything in Nigeria?

Pavore9:
Came across a Kenyan company that converts the regular 20ft and 40ft containers into homes,shops etc in a very creative way.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
More pictures.

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 6:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Newway2:
These are really lovely. I remember staying in such a structure during NYSC days some years back & to be honest it's very cute.

But, such adaptation does not come cheap in Nigeria. I remember contacting a company here in Nigeria doing the same thing & the price I got is as good as building a brand new boungalow with brick & mortar.

Why are we always paying exhorbitant prices for everything in Nigeria?

That is our sad reality. Some firms are into hiring out the accommodation made from these containers to foreign organizations who are visiting Kenya for projects. Some Organizations need to stay for weeks in the wild to research and record wildlife, so such containers homes are transported to those locations and after their usage they are transported out of the place!
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by suyamasta(m): 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
Fine arrangement
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Lordtrillion(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
This looks Woow cheesy
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by obua: 10:37am On Jan 23, 2016
We have been converting containers to container cabins since the year 2000. Some ATM kiosks are also made of shipping container shell.
We also have units for selfcon,1bdr,2bdrand 3bedroom.

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by obua: 10:41am On Jan 23, 2016
Our selfcon goes for N4.5million for 3 units of semidetached.

1 Like

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by masties2(f): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Wow! Nice one. Hope not too pricy
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by hotmas911(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Very nice.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by mypickupbuddy(m): 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
nice, but dey are damn too expensive. damn too expensive.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by finestpicks(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
So thats 3 self cons if i understand your post,right?
obua:

3 Likes

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by lanre2009: 5:27am On Jan 24, 2016
obua:

Do you mean 3 nos of Self contain cabins?

1 Like

Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by obamamate: 6:28am On Jan 25, 2016
Yes. 3 units of selfcon cost N4.5 million.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Pavore9: 6:53am On Jan 25, 2016
obamamate:
Yes. 3 units of selfcon cost N4.5 million.
What is the size of the room, toilet/shower and kitchen?
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by portacabin: 10:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
Each selfcon is approx 19 sqm. The room is 10 sqm with its toilet/bath. the rest 9m2 is for kitchen and corridor. The size can be increased by 10% without a commensurate increase in cost. Will post full details in a new trade soon
Pavore9:
What is the size of the room, toilet/shower and kitchen?
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Abidex35(m): 6:11am On Jan 27, 2016
no doubt, this is creativity at work.......ideas = business = profit..

coming up with a concept that makes this much more affordable is no doubt a good business to behold of for any interested investor/entrepreneur.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by FKBZ: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2016
obua:

Hello pls where can I get a container to use for a buka.....do not need pumped ones ooo.....just normal container.and what do I do to reduce the heat ...I know its padded with wood....how much does this cost...
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by ThundrCork(m): 8:51am On Jul 17, 2016
Too expensive. Also you have environmental agencies to worry about. In Abuja, it's an easy ticket for agents to continually extort owners.

It most ideal for temporary office in a project sites
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by milky3(f): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2016
so lovely lovely lovely
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by JohnNgene: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
Very creative!

I'm sure many welders here in Nigeria can construct something like this. It's just that theirs will be only bungalow structures and won't be as strong as these cargo-container type.
Re: Converting Containers To Beautiful Spaces. by Okaakoko(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2016
it's always good to be creative

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want A Genuine Business I Can Start With 500k. / Dangote Sugar Posts N54bn Profit Before Tax In 2017 / Sterling Bank Secures $65 Million Credit Facility From Arab Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.