Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (968327 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
Achiever4ever:
I just communicated with a friend who is a DSS right now.. and he said end of July or first week of August.
Less than a month to go niyen

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by lihabeeb1: 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
jameshow:

Bro what you heard was just a mere insinuation, mere thought. The list will soon be out.

The platform is now becoming active!
kaizer, ur questions are technical ones. D fact is Many in this service are Men and women of proven integrity, they are different from other service we all know! they really has a quota for merit, and they also know how to dealt with external influence, if u notice any lapses on them, believe that it's from Oga at d top. 2) All inclusive training is 9months for cadet, other cadre are quiet different. but cadet is d highest. Those are d targets. I mean 9months before u get ur appointment letter. 3)on salary, my brother, no officer even ur brother can disclose it to u, allowance inclusive. except if u see it unknowingly to him. just chill, ur start up allowance dey, but d fact is they are earning well. that info is always codified in service. it depends. For now, ur loyalty should be first bcoz "He who wants to step on comfort soil, will first pour comfort and cold water on d front "

4 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by lihabeeb1: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
jameshow:

Bro what you heard was just a mere insinuation, mere thought. The list will soon be out.

on height, every service has a reasonable& considerable required height. I think 1.6ft is d minimum for some I guess. vetting would have taken care of this stuff. God is our strength.
on camp life, it has been explained before, course work, with exam, physical training, intelligent and fire arms handling etc. All inclusive! All for d service and sacrifice for this great Nation. we need to commend our service Men. Also, ready to serve at any place in any parts of d country or state. loyalty and sacrifice is very important. No be every time work go be at your comfort zone oooo

4 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Smartoski: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Nice one...let's keep our fingers crossed...

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
lihabeeb1:

on height, every service has a reasonable& considerable required height. I think 1.6ft is d minimum for some I guess. vetting would have taken care of this stuff. God is our strength.
on camp life, it has been explained before, course work, with exam, physical training, intelligent and fire arms handling etc. All inclusive! All for d service and sacrifice for this great Nation. we need to commend our service Men. Also, ready to serve at any place in any parts of d country or state. loyalty and sacrifice is very important. No be every time work go be at your comfort zone oooo
Thanks for sheding more light. I appreciate ur input... How we go do na, just an inquisitive soul lol.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
lihabeeb1:

The platform is now becoming becoming active!
kaizer, u questions are technical ones. D fact is Many in this service are Men and proven integrity, they are different from other service we all know! they really has a quota for merit, and they also know how to dealt with external influence, if u notice any lapses on them, believe that it's from Oga at d top. 2) All inclusive training is 9months for cadet, other cadre are quiet different. but cadet is d highest. Those are d targets. I mean 9months before u get ur appointment letter. 3)on salary, my brother, no officer even ur brother can disclose it to u, allowance inclusive. except if u see it unknowingly to him. just chill, ur start up allowance dey, but d fact is they are earning well. that info is always codified in service. it depends. For now, ur loyalty should be first bcoz "He who wants to step on comfort soil, will first pour comfort and cold water on d front "
Thanks for ur input.. I appreciate..@lihabeeb.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Akoria: 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
People keep talking about documentation and vetting here when some states like Benue state and some other states stopped their recruitment process at interview level. What will b the fate of candidates in such states?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
lihabeeb1:

The platform is now becoming active!
kaizer, ur questions are technical ones. D fact is Many in this service are Men and women of proven integrity, they are different from other service we all know! they really has a quota for merit, and they also know how to dealt with external influence, if u notice any lapses on them, believe that it's from Oga at d top. 2) All inclusive training is 9months for cadet, other cadre are quiet different. but cadet is d highest. Those are d targets. I mean 9months before u get ur appointment letter. 3)on salary, my brother, no officer even ur brother can disclose it to u, allowance inclusive. except if u see it unknowingly to him. just chill, ur start up allowance dey, but d fact is they are earning well. that info is always codified in service. it depends. For now, ur loyalty should be first bcoz "He who wants to step on comfort soil, will first pour comfort and cold water on d front "
Thanks for the info
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Akoria:
People keep talking about documentation and vetting here when some states like Benue state and some other states stopped their recruitment process at interview level. What will b the fate of candidates in such states?
The didn't these year from the marking to the interview to documentation was very Swift to avoid external influence my guess tho.. but the fact that maybe u have not had from them after interview doesn't mean that the haven't called back few people for documentation not everyone was lucky and fortunate. U can see from the number that wrote the exams and how many came for interview. I believe documentation has long been done and background checks and supposed monitoring had long begun for prospective agents right now all that's left is final list and camp date..

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
At least the thread is a bit lively now. Nice one peeps
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Smartoski: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
My brothers the truth is no matter how you want to twist it this is Nigeria..in as much as we hope for a free and fair recruitment.. Have it on the back of your mind that many will get this job without even all this documentation and vetting story..it hurts but that's just the truth...I have a friend the last time he only wrote the exam nothing more..he is working with DSS case closed... This is Nigeria where anything goes..let's just pray and be hopeful..my two cent

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Akoria: 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
Kaizer86:

The didn't these year from the marking to the interview to documentation was very Swift to avoid external influence my guess tho.. but the fact that maybe u have not had from them after interview doesn't mean that the haven't called back few people for documentation not everyone was lucky and fortunate. U can see from the number that wrote the exams and how many came for interview. I believe documentation has long been done and background checks and supposed monitoring had long begun for prospective agents right now all that's left is final list and camp date..
I have heard from a reliable source that Benue state has not gone pass the interview level. That info is from an insider. Thanks for your contribution

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Akoria:

I have heard from a reliable source that Benue state has not gone pass the interview level. That info is from an insider.z Thanks for your contribution

Okay if u say so... Reasons best known to them or according to ur source, but I won't also be suprised if benue appear for camp lol...e go better eventually

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Rablaw: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
When I asked a Dss officer why the delay is too much and unbearable? He laughed and said; " the delayance Is the part of the training"!

These people are too secretive beyond our perception.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2018
https:///FNqNLWy4iXsFIBEMIbBxIe
join us on WhatsApp let's discuss about the DSS recruitment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 9:54am On Jul 06, 2018
What happen to this platform oga?
sampsonrichy:

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2018
sampsonrichy:

Bros we can talk all the talk here na.. at least so the thread will be lively just like past prospective sets helped us with a few pointers the set coming after us will also learn Abit and know a few tinz.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by aladeokin1000(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
Kaizer86:

Bros we can talk all the talk here na.. at least so the thread will be lively just like past prospective sets helped us with a few pointers the set coming after us will also learn Abit and know a few tinz.
My thoughts exactly

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2018
While I like to appreciate your innovative sense, this platform remains the best for the exchange of ideas.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2018
Smartoski:
My brothers the truth is no matter how you want to twist it this is Nigeria..in as much as we hope for a free and fair recruitment.. Have it on the back of your mind that many will get this job without even all this documentation and vetting story..it hurts but that's just the truth...I have a friend the last time he only wrote the exam nothing more..he is working with DSS case closed... This is Nigeria where anything goes..let's just pray and be hopeful..my two cent

Remember the people that went in without those processes where kicked out in course 28,cos of political influence. Dss is at least 80 to 90 percent on merit. U have to the the ground work and study and go thru phases else yu,ll still be kicked out eventually.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Smartoski: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2018
Thank God you accepted to the fact that is not entirely on merit...not because course 30 was reshuffled.. It has been like this for years mostly on nepotism.. Favouritism and them remaining few on merit..This is Nigeria brothers not USA..nothing works straightforward...let's just pray things works in our favour..bless up brothers...

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2018
Kaizer86:

Remember the people that went in without those processes where kicked out in course 28,cos of political influence. Dss is at least 80 to 90 percent on merit. U have to the the ground work and study and go thru phases else yu,ll still be kicked out eventually.

Hmm, that's scary ooo...to b kicked out in camp
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Kaizer86:

lol, bros i still dey wonder hw u did d statistics to arrive @ 80-90% merit". Regardless of political process or merit process, u can get kicked-out/replaced.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
sleuthhound:
lol, bros i still dey wonder hw u did d statistics to arrive @ 80-90% merit". Regardless of political process or merit process, u can get kicked-out/replaced.
At least speaking for my command oo. Cos I had a conversation with the few people I met and the where sound and smart.. hence the reason the got to the interview level and documentation level... So dat how I gauaged my stats. Anyways shey I nobi dg na. But trust me the outfit is deligent, fair and they try the outmost to work with out interference. The reason I have always admired them. Especially this buh buh period they,ll try to be straight so if u have done documentation and ur refrees,or neighbor or any family member has been contacted, u can breathe in slow especially if ur the only one from ur senitorial district lol, now it's up to ur background check, who u hangout with, ur views politically and ethinicaly na only u fit cancel ur sef if uv gone this far avoid wahala if person slap u just Waka pass de go lol.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
S2Saidu:

Hmm, that's scary ooo...to b kicked out in camp
It happened ohh. 3weeeks to graduation they kicked Dem out. Cos allegedly there were brought in by God fathers and politicians and didn't do the needful by passing Tru each stage on some level of merit so I believe strongly merit still works in dis org. Say they are picking 5cadets like dis time, my state has 3 senitorial district if 3 one from each are taken by merit shey de Oda two can now come from either the biggest districts in terms of size or oga at de top can have two. But doesn't mean everyone exactly is der without merit DATs why I said u gotta put in the work if u really wanna serve in dis capacity.. it's a job of pride and esteem and intergrity.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
Kaizer86:

At least speaking for my command oo. Cos I had a conversation with the few people I met and the where sound and smart.. hence the reason the got to the interview level and documentation level... So dat how I gauaged my stats. Anyways shey I nobi dg na. But trust me the outfit is deligent, fair and they try the outmost to work with out interference. The reason I have always admired them. Especially this buh buh period they,ll try to be straight so if u have done documentation and ur refrees,or neighbor or any family member has been contacted, u can breathe in slow especially if ur the only one from ur senitorial district lol, now it's up to ur background check, who u hangout with, ur views politically and ethinicaly na only u fit cancel ur sef if uv gone this far avoid wahala if person slap u just Waka pass de go lol.

Wot if no contact to refrees or family members?... D slap issue, na to just thank d person on top
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
Smartoski:
Thank God you accepted to the fact that is not entirely on merit...not because course 30 was reshuffled.. It has been like this for years mostly on nepotism.. Favouritism and them remaining few on merit..This is Nigeria brothers not USA..nothing works straightforward...let's just pray things works in our favour..bless up brothers...

When u say reshuffled what do you mean please? Yeah u right on the later statements to some extent they still take people on merit at least shey na naija we dey we will get to that point eventually.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Kaizer86:

It happened ohh. 3weeeks to graduation they kicked Dem out. Cos allegedly there were brought in by God fathers and politicians and didn't do the needful by passing Tru each stage on some level of merit so I believe strongly merit still works in dis org. Say they are picking 5cadets like dis time, my state has 3 senitorial district if 3 one from each are taken by merit shey de Oda two can now come from either the biggest districts in terms of size or oga at de top can have two. But doesn't mean everyone exactly is der without merit DATs why I said u gotta put in the work if u really wanna serve in dis capacity.. it's a job of pride and esteem and intergrity.

I like them too. Be specific about the WORK pls

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
S2Saidu:

I like them too. Be specific about the WORK pls
bros u hear say "work" na secret service! U dey ask d bobo to be "specific"?
Ayam not understand! O! Lol

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
sleuthhound:
bros u hear say "work" na secret service! U dey ask d bobo to be "specific"?
Ayam not understand! O! Lol

Lol. No wonder he was mute ever since

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Smartoski: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
Is well..Gid will help us...the wait is almost over...we pray nothing stumbles on our good news.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
Smartoski:
Is well..Gid will help us...the wait is almost over...we pray nothing stumbles on our good news.. Amen

Ameen

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (326) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.