Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (964267 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2018
S2Saidu:

If I may ask Pls, which 1 is will run test?
will run tests is (RUN TESTS.) Kaii aboki
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by braveheart234(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
braveheart234:

Let's be very very honest. A lot (possibly not all, but most and I mean most) of the candidates who went past the interview stage to documentation stage have people backing them up (either politicians or DSS officers high up the rank). Merit hardly favors people when it comes to CERTAIN jobs in Nigeria. This is one fact that we know, but a lot of people will deny this. Only a handful will openly agree that they have one or more persons pushing buttons for them.
But the most important thing is to continue to pray and trust God, because even those with some form of support also pray and believe.
so ur point exactly?? Bros lemmi tell u something if u want something so bad dont sit and wait for merit.. First do ur ground work.. Make sure u pass the exams very well., make sure they av no reason to drop uneven if they wana, make sure ur the best in the room,Make sure u ask around to see who can influence it for u after u have done the ground work, most importantly make sure u pray.. Cos humans disappoints.. (Read, work, pray.) God doesn't.. Pray and work hard if u want something.. Also work smart..

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by MrSuama(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Waiting for next recruitment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by tbanj11(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Pls any1 from Osun?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Akoria: 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
braveheart234:

Let's be very very honest. A lot (possibly not all, but most and I mean most) of the candidates who went past the interview stage to documentation stage have people backing them up (either politicians or DSS officers high up the rank). Merit hardly favors people when it comes to CERTAIN jobs in Nigeria. This is one fact that we know, but a lot of people will deny this. Only a handful will openly agree that they have one or more persons pushing buttons for them.
But the most important thing is to continue to pray and trust God, because even those with some form of support also pray and believe.
I appreciate this explanation. I was believing the recruitment system 100%.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by braveheart234(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
Kaizer86:
so ur point exactly?? Bros lemmi tell u something if u want something so bad dont sit and wait for merit.. First do ur ground work.. Make sure u pass the exams very well., make sure they av no reason to drop uneven if they wana, make sure ur the best in the room, Make sure u ask around to see who can influence it for u after u have done the ground work, most importantly make sure u pray.. Cos humans disappoints.. (Read, work, pray.) God doesn't.. Pray and work hard if u want something.. Also work smart..

You obviously don't clearly get my point.
Now let me borrow your phrase "sit and wait for merit"and break it down for you.
Great. Now read carefully, sir.
Let me start with three groups: There are people who sit and wait for merit to work, there are those who sit and wait for prayers and merit to work, and then there are those who don't merit stuff, but believe connections get things done for them. Now these are pure facts.
Again let me pick two groups from above and I'll cite real life instances here:
There are people who are very intelligent, read hard, work smart and ace certain recruitment exams and interviews, sit and wait for merit to work but don't know anyone at all within the target organization or anywhere to help influence it for them. They don't even have the guts to approach anyone for help. And if it's an organization where "connections" favors people a lot, such candidates get dropped over some others who know people that know people. This happens. I have a number of friends who have experienced this.
Secondly, there is the other group of people who are very intelligent, read hard, work smart and ace certain recruitment exams and interviews, sit and wait for merit to work AND AT THE SAME TIME LOOK FOR AND MEET PEOPLE WHO CAN INFLUENCE IT FOR THEM. Personally, I do tell people that if you want someone to help you, meet that person halfway. By "meet the person halfway", I simply mean do your very best so that the person helping you would have very strong and cogent reasons to fight your case, so that it would be difficult for you to get turned down. Even God, we need to at least meet Him halfway when we need His favor. How do we meet God halfway? WE PRAY AND POUR OUT OUR HEARTS TO HIM.
Thirdly, there are people who don't merit stuff but get it because they have people pushing the whole buttons for them. I know of people who got jobs because someone up the ladder somewhere pushed buttons for them. I have even clearly cited a real life example here before and that's a fact. See bros, a lot of us know that these thing happen.
I have a friend who applied for a certain job in an organization, got shortlisted and had the exam answers emailed to him the night before. I swear this.
I have another friend who a similar thing happened to. But in this case, the person who sent her the answers was also a candidate (who in the first place got a mail containing the interview answers from her godfather in that organization). My friend had over 5 years on-the-job experience, the girl who sent her had just approximately 2 years experience but was picked over my friend. Now, I need you to tell me the factor that played out in this.
See eh, bros, there are certain jobs in Nigeria that a candidate might ace real good, look for people to influence but still dropped and someone else with far less performance picked because of whoever must have "INFLUENCED" it.
Finally, if you read my last comment well, I wrote A lot (possibly not all, but most and I mean most) of the candidates who went past the interview stage to documentation stage have people backing them up (either politicians or DSS officers high up the rank). Merit hardly favors people when it comes to CERTAIN jobs in Nigeria ....FIRST OF ALL, "MOST" DOES NOT MEAN ALL, and I made emphasis by adding "POSSIBLY NOT ALL"... This statement means there are people who don't fall into this category, but do I need to even explain this?
Back to the subject... In essence, you have just agreed that influence as you prefer to call it, works for some (check the part of your comment which I made bold). I mean I used phrases like "pushing buttons or giving backings" and you used "influence", are we not saying the same thing but using synonyms? And the last paragraph of my previous post reads and I quote But the most important thing is to continue to pray and trust God, because even those with some form of support also pray and believe.
You asked my point exactly, I hope you now get my "point exactly".
May God favor us all.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Luchiana1(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2018
Use your smart phone to make money It called top up and earn ,,, whenever u recharge ur phone,, or buy data,pay gotv sub,, dstv sub,, pay nepa Bill,,, u get paid......also anybody that u refer to join,,,the company will pay u instantly....... Ur registration fee is just 2k.
Make good money,,with just 2k
Hello friends, make btw 5k-10k daily . Ask me how?� 08084226895 https://www.salary4life.biz/ref/Priscilliaoluchi
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by nuradeen011(m): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
MrSuama:
Waiting for next recruitment.
when?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Akoria: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
braveheart234:

You obviously don't clearly get my point.
Now let me borrow your phrase "sit and wait for merit"and break it down for you.
Great. Now read carefully, sir.
Let me start with three groups: There are people who sit and wait for merit to work, there are those who sit and wait for prayers and merit to work, and then there are those who don't merit stuff, but believe connections get things done for them. Now these are pure facts.
Again let me pick two groups from above and I'll cite real life instances here:
There are people who are very intelligent, read hard, work smart and ace certain recruitment exams and interviews, sit and wait for merit to work but don't know anyone at all within the target organization or anywhere to help influence it for them. They don't even have the guts to approach anyone for help. And if it's an organization where "connections" favors people a lot, such candidates get dropped over some others who know people that know people. This happens. I have a number of friends who have experienced this.
Secondly, there is the other group of people who are very intelligent, read hard, work smart and ace certain recruitment exams and interviews, sit and wait for merit to work AND AT THE SAME TIME LOOK FOR AND MEET PEOPLE WHO CAN INFLUENCE IT FOR THEM. Personally, I do tell people that if you want someone to help you, meet that person halfway. By "meet the person halfway", I simply mean do your very best so that the person helping you would have very strong and cogent reasons to fight your case, so that it would be difficult for you to get turned down. Even God, we need to at least meet Him halfway when we need His favor. How do we meet God halfway? WE PRAY AND POUR OUT OUR HEARTS TO HIM.
Thirdly, there are people who don't merit stuff but get it because they have people pushing the whole buttons for them. I know of people who got jobs because someone up the ladder somewhere pushed buttons for them. I have even clearly cited a real life example here before and that's a fact. See bros, a lot of us know that these thing happen.
I have a friend who applied for a certain job in an organization, got shortlisted and had the exam answers emailed to him the night before. I swear this.
I have another friend who a similar thing happened to. But in this case, the person who sent her the answers was also a candidate (who in the first place got a mail containing the interview answers from her godfather in that organization). My friend had over 5 years on-the-job experience, the girl who sent her had just approximately 2 years experience but was picked over my friend. Now, I need you to tell me the factor that played out in this.
See eh, bros, there are certain jobs in Nigeria that a candidate might ace real good, look for people to influence but still dropped and someone else with far less performance picked because of whoever must have "INFLUENCED" it.
Finally, if you read my last comment well, I wrote A lot (possibly not all, but most and I mean most) of the candidates who went past the interview stage to documentation stage have people backing them up (either politicians or DSS officers high up the rank). Merit hardly favors people when it comes to CERTAIN jobs in Nigeria ....FIRST OF ALL, "MOST" DOES NOT MEAN ALL, and I made emphasis by adding "POSSIBLY NOT ALL"... This statement means there are people who don't fall into this category, but do I need to even explain this?
Back to the subject... In essence, you have just agreed that influence as you prefer to call it, works for some (check the part of your comment which I made bold). I mean I used phrases like "pushing buttons or giving backings" and you used "influence", are we not saying the same thing but using synonyms? And the last paragraph of my previous post reads and I quote But the most important thing is to continue to pray and trust God, because even those with some form of support also pray and believe.
You asked my point exactly, I hope you now get my "point exactly".
May God favor us all.
I really appreciate the time spent explaining this. I have gone through a lot in labour market and your explanation tells so much

2 Likes

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Bari22: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
nuradeen011:

when?

Hi Nuruddeen I'm also from Kano, any latest on DSS recruitment please

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by nuradeen011(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2018
Bari22:

Hi Nuruddeen I'm also from Kano, any latest on DSS recruitment please
i think the only issue remain now is for cadets
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by braveheart234(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2018
Akoria:

I really appreciate the time spent explaining this. I have gone through a lot in labour market and your explanation tells so much
It's my pleasure, bro.
That's the reality of certain job searches in Nigeria. But keep your head up and do your best as always. You'll land a good job soon by His grace.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2018
Congratulations to all Detective for the successful POP yesterday. As for Cadet, we are so close to the Joyful day.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by SpatialKing(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2018
Achiever4ever:
Congratulations to all Detective for the successful POP yesterday. As for Cadet, we are so close to the Joyful day.
Just heard is after election Cadets are moving to camp...
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
Bros I doubt it.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2018
SpatialKing:

Just heard is after election Cadets are moving to camp...
Who be this one, please keep your bad news to your self
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Xzibito(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2018
sampsonrichy:

Who be this one, please keep your bad news to your self
Hahaha Sampson help me tell am abeg
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Bari22: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
nuradeen011:

i think the only issue remain now is for cadets

I've applied but they didn't even invite me for exam
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2018
Achiever4ever:
u serious theybelft November and out December 1month training ke. How's that possible man??
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Kaizer86:
u serious theybelft November and out December 1month training ke. How's that possible man??

Detectives go for 6 weeks course not exactly 2 months.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
They are out from camp bro, a friend is even posted to Lagos. Did u realized we have wasted time in all the recruitment process, that is the new strategy now peep.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Achiever4ever: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
For the matter of fact, we might hit d camp next Sunday with full squared. Stay prepared thats my advice.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by nuradeen011(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Jfkanweyest:

its replacement exercise not recruitment
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by nuradeen011(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bari22:

I've applied but they didn't even invite me for exam
you can still make it to the camp if you have connection
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
nuradeen011:

you can still make it to the camp if you have connection
Are you trying to say someone who did wrote the exam, but have connection can make it to camp?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by nuradeen011(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
they are even the majority, coz its replacement exercise that's why they dont use to spend even half of the stipulated time for training
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
nuradeen011:

its replacement exercise not recruitment
help me diffrenciate please?? What's the difference and is that why its so quick??
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
sampsonrichy:

Are you trying to say someone who did wrote the exam, but have connection can make it to camp?
if back ground check hasn't been carried out on you. Highly unlikely bro.. DSS is no joke they like to knw who de recruiting.. A very serious and well respected senior security officer can recommend you.. But they will still work on u before any of such can happen.. Its no joke they even go to people's villages for information.. And about making it to camp without documentation also highly unlikely except ur like the president of Nigeria or director of DSS himself.. Regardless down the line during subsequent officers profiling u can still loose ur job if u ddnt go in the right way, the oga that put u there today and covered u will not be around foreva.. DSS will always investigate thier serving officers during promotions and upgrading and such.. I'll always advice do the ground work, let all that's left be small push.. So that even u can defend ursef anytime any day.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Jfkanweyest:

omo my guy e fast die.. I duno anyone in that caderr would have found out for myself.. So now they on thier working I.t I guessing?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jobalet: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Which one is replacement exercise and not recruitment. How many detectives did POP?

Do u know the number of detectives?

I think they left camp early in order to start their IT before election

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (326) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.