Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) (69261 Views)

Obiano's Light Up Projects Across Onitsha Mega City- Pics / James Ibori Looking Dapper As He Receives Delta State Delegates In London. PICS / Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by smoothlips(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Abeg which Lagos is he lighting up? Cause most of the street lights from eko bridge to bodethomas no dey on as at last night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by kenoz(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nice one
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by londoner: 10:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
ajalaolanr:

How is this like london? You been to london before? Better still, use Google to get images of London and compare with these images! Thank me later...lol

Thank you.
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by londoner: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
eaglechild:

You need to get around more.

Yes it is an iconic city rich in history but I don't know about it being among the most beautiful.

I don't even think it comes close.

True. Also London is much more than a collection of street lights.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by babafirst(m): 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
goodlifehyd:
More reason why things had been working in Lagos state is cuz all governors had been from same party, neglecting of projects comes in when unserious party comes to power

I would have ignored you but decided to lecture you a lil, my initial post was about lagosians enjoying continuity under APC for 16years, what did Nigeria as a whole gained under 16years of PDP misrule You need to hide your face in shame when PDP is being mentioned

Lol @ unserious party coming to power.You nailed it there!Epic .

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by oludavis123: 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
I can see elektiriki pepepe legbe ogiri ni'lu Eko o cool
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by sucess001(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Propaganda!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by bluecircle470: 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Foolish topic! Showing same place over n over. Iranu!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by anonimi: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
MrAligator:
Ambode please dont forget us at surulere only because thats where fashola has his family house.The street lights on Itire road has been completely off for almost a month now,something we have never experienced in more that 4years.

How is TAP water in the area?
What is the state of all the roads in Surulere and Itire Road?
Abi dem dey put street light for jagajaga road ni

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by Ochek: 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
It's all useless if I still get to spend my productive hours in traffics.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by anonimi: 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ochek:
It's all useless if I still get to spend my productive hours in traffics.

................unfortunately the traffic gridlock will continue for a very long while.
Reason
The money for light rail has been used to sponsor Buhari's election. embarassed embarassed

eaglechild:
We can't complete Lagos light rail project

We obviously can't complete Lekki international phantom airport.

And you will be the biggest fool to think that we can complete Eko Atlantic.

Use your head people where do you think we are getting all the money we are using to sponsor Buhari undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079192_fasholaa_jpegfc425dbc9482db4d2098e4dd5e8bee75

Firefire:
Fellow Nairalanders, in response to Fashola comments below on not receiving enough support from the federal government to complete the Lagos light rail project.

[size=15pt]
"Fashola said all over the world, when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos is doing, their central governments support them morally and financially"[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2120455/cant-complete-lagos-light-rail

Few months ago same Fashola said this:

[size=15pt]Lagos: How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project[/size]

The Lagos State Government yesterday justified the N160 billion it borrowed from the World Bank, noting that the fund was channelled to finance its light rail (blue line) project.

However, the state government expressed disappointment at the progress of the project, which it said, was not executed as smoothly as possible, but was optimistic of its completion.

The state Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said this shortly after inspecting the light rail terminus at the Orile-Iganmu part of the state alongside some members of the state executive council.

Speaking with journalists, Fashola said the project would have been completed in another 12 months despite that the project execution was not as smooth and speedy as he wanted it.

The governor raised questions on the intention of the federal government for publishing the state debt profile in the recent time, wondering what could have informed the decision to make it public.

He said: “I think it was the Debt Management Office of the federal government that published the report that we have a debt of about N160billion. I do not know the intent of the publication.

“But if it was to inform the public, I think we have always kept the public informed anytime we borrow money. If there are other intentions behind that, only those who make the publication would know what the intentions are.

“But you see, when people talk about debt of a state like Lagos, they forget that after Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt and one other country, we have the fifth largest economy in Africa.

“When you are talking of about a billion naira debt to a population of over 21 million people; because if you are measuring the debt, you also have to measure the responsibility. Those are the things people keep in isolation.”

He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

[size=15pt]He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.[/size]

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. [size=18pt]Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.
[/size]

“Our rating as a state is the same as that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, BB minus-stable with a positive outlook. We are the only state in Nigeria that has that rating. The first bond that was taken during my first tenure has been paid; the first tranche has been paid.

“I think the second tranche will be settled around 2016 or 2017. We are already making provisions. The provisions that will be there will be in excess of what is needed,” the governor said

Fashola expressed satisfaction on the progress of the light rail project, though decried the petty delay that was encountered as a result funding, saying the project would have should have been completed in another 12 months.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by emerged01(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
One of the reasons I didn't vote for Gej was because of darkness on 3rd mainland bridge. I was moved when I saw light this week on 3rdmainland, from the beginning to the end of the bridge.
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by persius555(m): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Its worthy to note that these street lights are not connected to the power grid. They are powered independently. Kudos to LASG. BRFs legacy lives on.
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by willibounce1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
ladenz:

We have to give honor to whom honor is due. I'm not a fan of APC but when so many leaders are being so selfish and sucking us dry, we have to encourage those who are making an effort however little

Keep shut. Stop acting like an illiterate. The man was voted as Governor to serve. Whatever he is doing is his job and he is not using his personal funds. Ppl pay tax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by missKiffy(f): 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
LivingDiamond:
Great work by Gov A+...But all dis street lights have been all around Lagos since the days Of fashola, so i dont still get why d credits is going to Ambode..
Most of them were not working anymore under Fashola
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by creekman(m): 11:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ojodu Street Light also came on dis night. Thumbs up for d Governor for dis Street Lighting project. If wailers don't like dis, look for d nearest transformer and hug it.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by anonimi: 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
missKiffy:
Most of them were not working anymore under Fashola

That was after Fashola STOLE billions claiming it was to light up the bridge almost three years ago.
These guys are just very smart crooks but crooks all the same.

EkoIle1:

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by Begonia(m): 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Street light is a basic amenity for God's sake! It's a norm in various cities across the country. Why should it be an issue for a state that was the capital of Nigeria for decades? And you have the guts to compare it to London.
This is very embarrassing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by bolseas(f): 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is Itamaga road in Ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by muhakeem(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Donliv:
The appropriate authority/authorities will question them.
u know we only discovered the authorities now because buhari came in.... how would it had been if PDP won again
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by muhakeem(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
vimi:

Vote em out n elect a capable hand to swiftly recover looted funds ASAP

iTotally understand, unfortunately Nigeria was de flowered by corruption n somehow still stuck with iit.

Pls Don't be too used to the managing whatever you get..
Ok Sir
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by diva90: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Good job but pls he needs to looks into the health sector and put pressure on the health workers in Lagos to do their best to curb the lassa fever epidemic in the state. Heard 6 people are already dead and 467 are under surveillance in Lagos state alone... shocked

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by Haduragbemi95: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
ajalaolanr:

How is this like london? You been to london before? Better still, use Google to get images of London and compare with these images! Thank me later...lol

Y are u talking like dis,at. Least appreciate wot d man is doing,wot u cannot do,wen someone else does it,all u are expected to do is to appreciate,dats all,Kudos to my GOVERNOR,EKO O NI BAJE OOOOO.
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by SHAIBULIAR: 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
dis no doubt will make those of dem living in Lagos to forget everything about biafra
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by kpolli(m): 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Has the poster been to London before?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by rottennaija(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
lagos is enjoying continuity while this IPOB Youth is saying rubbish.

@topic

I noticed the streetlights at wemco road, acme rd and lateef jakande rd all in ikeja. This is really nice of lagos state.

Actually, I'm not IPOB youth and will never be one. I'm from akwa-ibom and based there. But I know that in the former administration, something like that was done but wasn't sustainable and so, in this present administration, those street light are abandoned

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by Msquare220: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2016
So b4 Lagos no get light ni abi street light SMH!

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by MDJALO(m): 12:35am On Jan 23, 2016
Oga 4 ma street no light oh

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2016
I pray it last longer
Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by globalnewsmag: 1:05am On Jan 23, 2016
adonbilivit:
if I carry u go Lagos u go love Nigeria
inspired by olamide badoo

And those bullshit are for those who haven't travelled out of the country before

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode's Light Up Projects That Have Turned Lagos Into London(pics) by samento: 1:36am On Jan 23, 2016
ajalaolanr:

Can you see this in your state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rachael Dickson Gives Birth To Quadruplet In The US / We Were Recruited In Mosques, Trained In Libya – Terrorists Arrested In North / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.