Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com (24644 Views)

Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! / Skeletal & Comparative Analysis Of Poultry To Fishery & Why Poultry Farmers Cry / Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
poultry business is great, though easily written on paper, has challenges like every other business. Do your research well, then proceed
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by chidieze356(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
Talking of broilers and disease aside.. A bag of starter costs roughly 2900 while a bag of finisher is sold for 2850/2800/2700...Now take for instance a birds of 100....if these birds are properly feed, in three months, the number of bags of feed that it would consume would be up to 50 or close. That is the most challenging task... And this had lead many farmers to mix the feed with chaffs in order to save cost... Thereby at times causing stunt in growth or reducing the weight of the birds.

My advice is simple, start small if you intend to survive in this business.
Best wishes...

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by youngguru23(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Just want to search abt it online... Thanks O.P
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by oc2fish: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
matrixme:
Poultry is an high risk venture as you can loose all your chickens in one day. Apart from the stress of management, the cost of running a basic farm is on the high side. I think Fisheries has more profit these days Even experienced poultry farmers will tell you .

It takes a lot of skill to make money in fish. Please do not mis lead folks. If you are not skill full you cant make money in fisheries.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by kay29000(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Men! Broilers showed me pepper back in 2014. Feeding them is the koko, and it takes a lot of your money. Sometimes I would want to cry at the rate at which the chickens were eating. Before I know it, one bag has finished. And then they started dying at a point. Men! I got depressed. The next time around, I tried Cockerels, and I did better, but cockerels take longer time to reach maturity (like 20 weeks, instead of 12 weeks), and they don't get as big and heavy as broilers. But they are stronger. I just wish I could find a way to sell off Cockrels constantly, I would go back into the business...I love Cockerels...I understand them well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by adedapodvirus001(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
please I need poultry farmers who are close to Niger state that can guarantee me a supply of 200crate of egg per week. I'm a Corp member currently serving in Tegina
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Viktor1983(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
vascable:

yeah it is.. maybe one day i would host some farmer and intending ones at my farm, for them to see and learn. the only issue is lack of adequate or will i say sufficient knowledge

Im an "intending one" send me an invite when u wanna do the tour.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by vascable: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Viktor1983:

Im an "intending one" send me an invite when u wanna do the tour.

i will
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by HARKKEEEM(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Kool! I see u have interest in poultry farming. I dnt knw if u can help coz I am currently writing mah final year project on 'problems of poultry farming'. Dou, I am using a case study of ilorin. I dnt knw if u could help in literatures to review and also some of the problems dah re general to poultry farmers. Thank u. damii.ssmart@gmail.com
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by igbanbajo(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by natefarms: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Our Company nate farms ENT NIG LTD is an Innovative and sustainable Agro/livestock company focused on providing innovative Agriculture solution to Nigeria farmers, institution, organizations etc.

We build and supply greenhouse material, Agricultural input, tools and machineries.
For greenhouse we can supply you the below materials.
UV treated film
Insect treated nets
Drip Line/tapes
Automatic /manual vent rollers
Film band
Film lock profile
Nursery trays
Growing bags
Hydroponic gutters / baskets
greenhouse seeds e.t.c

We can also construct Hydroponic soiless system and aquaponic the method of growing fish and vegetable under one greenhouse,

CONTACT US TODAY: @ Tel: +2348132478092 Email: info@natefarms.com or natefarms@gmail.com website
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by natefarms: 9:58am On May 04, 2016
natefarms:
Our Company nate farms ENT NIG LTD is an Innovative and sustainable Agro/livestock company focused on providing innovative Agriculture solution to Nigeria farmers, institution, organizations etc.

We build and supply greenhouse material, Agricultural input, tools and machineries.
UV treated film
Insect treated nets
Drip Line/tapes
Film band
Film lock profile
Nursery trays
Growing bags
greenhouse seeds e.t.c

We can also construct Hydroponic soiless system and aquaponic the method of growing fish and vegetable under one greenhouse,

CONTACT US TODAY: @ Tel: +2348132478092 Email: info@natefarms.com or natefarms@gmail.com website

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by adexyormait(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2016
If some1 have broilers dat is above 12week where can d person get market 4 it?
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by OMOBABAYEMI: 7:11pm On May 14, 2016
irunoobo:
what are the bad sides of the business?
build house, you buy fine chicken DOC or what ever choice or turkey. Employ labor. Buy food. Buy vaccines. Spend your day and night with them. They eat your feed if available 24/7 Most times every thing seem rossy from day 1-4weeks. (some fast guys @this stage sell off their stock of which 85%dont vaccinate.) when others are eating you suddenly noice one sad fellow among them. You walkup to render assistance. It looks @you and say sorry for your money, just can't make it. After all the 24hrs care and drugs they start dropping dead one after the other. Some will will choose to get merek that usually afects avian nervous system and there he goes cripple despit how clean their pen is and all the meds/vacc and now insisting on you buying a wheel chair for a common chicken! There comes the mosqutoes at the 9th week with all the bloody pimmples, wheezing and coughing and then they stay away from food the other oportunistic infections set in, mortality rising and you keek spending and going gaga! But on nairaland and its kind you see fake poultry pastor spreading sermon just to deceive people... Now the stock matured with alot that eat and grew tiny and some well bit fat. The market woman comes pricing like she's doing you a favor of buying a worthless vulture from you and even telling you to sell for credit. Well, Poutry is good if you choose no to backout after seeing all. (let me stop here am not good in writing)

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by jay7(m): 4:56pm On May 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmm my little piece of advice
To start with every business has it up and down what matters is the Technical Know How before venturing into any business know the good and bad side of it and to people who are afraid of going into poultry business because of the risk involved then i will like to convince you with my little knowledge, the truth is every business has it own risk though they differ, and some people go into poultry business because a friend of theirs is making money from it they too will run to the nearest hatchery and buy birds without making neccessary consultation and after 2 weeks they open a thread to tell us how they loose over 200 birds, see before going into any business have a plan B to tackle lapses in your plan A. I can say that I have been handling over 600 broilers for the past 6 years and the highest mortality recorded so far is just 6% 2 years ago due to too much heat during brooding while I was away. In conclusion life itself is a risk, while sleeping every night did you know you are taking risk? What gives you the assurance that you will wakeup the following morning? Driving your car around the town is a risk What Makes you so sure that you will return home safely? e.t.c though there is what we call calculated risk and Senseless Slaughter I will advise you to go for whatever business you know you can handle and take a calculated risk because life itself is a risk on it own. Thanks. Insult is allowed, constructive critics is allowed, genuine correction is allowed.

For your broilers practical guilde manual contact me on whatsapp with 08070872196 or on email with ( juwonolusunle@gmail.com) mimd you it come with a price of 7,000. In the manual is brooding techniques, vaccination program, drugs administration, poultry diseases, prevention, possible cure, management of a poultry house, building requirements and floor space specification e.t.c

For reading my post this is a free broiler Starter diet formula for you

This is for 100kg feed ration ( Maize=43%, Soybean full fat=26%, Groundnut cake=13%, blood meal=2, maize offal=6%, wheat offal=3%, rice offal=3%, bone meal=3%, methionine=0.25%, lysine=0.25%, Salt=0.25%, vitamin/mineral premix=0.25%)
Energy=2921.80, Crude protein=22.19, crude fibre=2.78

If you are also interested in getting your own broiler starter and finisher diet feed formula based on the ingredients available in your area you can also contact me on whatsapp with 08070872196 or email ( juwonolusunle@gmail.com) Thanks.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by eyems: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Poultry farming Manual & Business plan / feasibility study
http://www.businessplannigeria.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-nigeria/
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Firstkings: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
I am here to introduce our company Kings Feeds and our range of quality poultry feeds

Kings Feeds is committed to the provision of good quality animal feeds; we develop products to ensure animals are able to make use of the feed in a healthy and efficient way, Our Products are carefully formulated to ensure best performance and are balanced with vitamin and mineral premix to help chicks attain their best possible potential without any growth hormones.

All our feeds are balanced in energy, amino acid profile of Lysine, Methionine, and Cystine. (These amino acids are needed to support the growth of structural bones, ligaments, and muscles), Vitamins, major and trace minerals.
OUR BROILER FEEDS-Broilers have special requirements different from other poultry in terms feed components such as energy, protein and minerals during different stages of their growth cycle. Therefore we have formulated our Broilers rations with high protein requirement for the development of muscles and feathers. After 4 weeks of age broilers needs higher energy for the deposit of fat. This explains the higher energy content in our Grower and Finisher ration.
OUR CHICKS FEEDS-Our chicks mash are formulated to be fed as the sole ration to growing birds no other grains or supplements are required. At 8 weeks, chicks can be started on Grower Mash. Provide clean, fresh water at all times. Chicks of this age require adequate floor space and draft free, heated areas for efficient, healthy growth.

We are located at Km 14 Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Our distributors are available in all major livestock Market around Ibadan

More Distributors are needed all over Nigeria.
Our contact Info

For Distributorship and other Inquiries please call the company directly

First Kings Nig Ltd
Klm 14Ibadan /Ijebu-Ode Road by Catfish Market Ibadan Oyo state
Tel: 07055681368,
Email:firstkingsltd@gmail.com

Ibadan call Victor on 08090670123 or 08028042144

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by holysainbj(m): 11:25am On Dec 12, 2016
Intendy:
its good but not so rosy as the picture painted.
I've been in full time poultry since year 2000.
the capital is intensive.
you can't start with 500 layers and end with 500 layers at the end of the cycle,there will be mortality.
Price of egg is also not stable it goes below #500 for big ones in times of glut.
they'll eat for minimum of 16weeks without any drop.
And as @ August 2014 I even lost 2000 layers birds which were to be sold september for ileya(muslim eid)to bird flu ,which is now ravaging everywhere but I'm still in the business.
truth is it looks lucrative but the risk is very high.
if not for my pocket and little diversification I for don die during d flu crisis I experienced
just this week
Nigeria: Enugu Poultry Farmers Lose
N140 Million to Bird Flu in One Week
- - Official

http://allafrica.com/stories/201601221544.html?aa_source=nwsltr-business-en
Morning sir, pls I will need enlightenment on poultry farming, how do I contact u personally sir?
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Intendy: 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
holysainbj:

Morning sir, pls I will need enlightenment on poultry farming, how do I contact u personally sir?

u can send me a message via the permitted channel on nairaland and I'll get back to you.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by holysainbj(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
Intendy:

u can send me a message via the permitted channel on nairaland and I'll get back to you.
might sound funny but d permitted channel on NL seems too bureaucratic
my contact sir, 08039437625, I would appreciate if u could drop me a message on whatsapp
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Intendy: 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
holysainbj:

might sound funny but d permitted channel on NL seems too bureaucratic
my contact sir, 08039437625, I would appreciate if u could drop me a message on whatsapp

ok
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by ultrazone(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2016
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by ultrazone(m): 11:09am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by babytejiri(m): 6:42am On Apr 23, 2017
Layers Poultry farming in Nigeria is so rewarding. Give it a try today.
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by iseeicome: 2:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Poultry farming is not as easy in reality as it is on paper. You will need to do a lot of planning and feasibility study before starting your poultry farm. Get a proper poultry farm business plan here: http://businessplan.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-plan-feasibility-study-nigeria/
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by iseeicome: 1:20am On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by natefarms: 11:13am On Oct 27, 2017
Our Company nate farms ent NIG LTD is an Innovative and sustainable Agro/livestock company focused on providing innovative Agriculture solution to Nigeria farmers, institution, organizations etc.

UV treated film
Insect treated nets
Drip Line/tapes
Film band
Film lock profile
Nursery trays
Growing bags
greenhouse seeds e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by natefarms: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2017
natefarms:

Our Company nate farms ent NIG LTD is an Innovative and sustainable Agro/livestock company focused on providing innovative Agriculture solution to Nigeria farmers, institution, organizations etc.

UV treated film
Insect treated nets
Drip Line/tapes
Film band
Film lock profile
Nursery trays
Growing bags
greenhouse seeds e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by imhere: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
Indeed! There are businesses that are money personified; you may not be privy to it until you have a wind of it. One of such businesses is my latest post which I just published. I will like you to read it to the end and give me feedback. Happy reading...
http://www.enibest.com.ng/roasted-chicken-business/
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by uwadiahercules: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2019
Poultry Farming Business In Nigeria there are ways to know how lucrative it is
http://www.businessplanstartup.com.ng/poultry-farming-business-in-nigeria/
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Khfworld: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2019
AGROBUSINESS ADVANTAGE PACK-

Get a comprehensive POULTRY OR CASSAVA farm business plan, each with 3 years financial analysis for those ready to go into the Poultry or Cassava farm business.

BONUS PACKAGE that you get with any of these business plans are- 1.Business plan overview 2. Cash flow projection 3. Competitor’s Analysis 4.Start-up expenses 5. Sales forecasting template 6.Sample business proposal 7.Professional business plan guide/template 8.Financial projection for 3 years.

Price- N25,000 PROMO PRICE- N15,000 only

To get your pack, Call or WhatsApp 08177101825

Thank you!
Re: Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com by Afrimash: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
Let Us Make Your Farming Operation Convenient and Profitable. Afrimash can help you sell your birds and deliver inputs to you.

Click the link below to learn more.

https://afrimash.typeform.com/to/TAOOAV

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agriculture Can We Really Make A Living From It / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. / Rabbit Farmers Association Of Nigeria (RAFAN) Meet In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.