Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Who's Mother's Favorite Child - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who's Mother's Favorite Child (3347 Views)

Do Parents Have A Favorite Child? / What Are Your Favorite Child Memories?? / Is It Possible To Have A Favorite Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by oyinda3(f): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2009
I really don't know. I guess she does a good job of hiding who she prefers most

ichommy:

you know there are diffrent type of mum some will like first born while some will like last born but in most cases it last born

the middle child is screwed
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by timmy7(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
This favoritism tendency has been in existence since beginning imagin abraham favors isaac to ismael,isaac favors esau 2 jacob and it's d oda way round 4 rebeka,even jacob favors joseph to d others so the tendency has become innate wink
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by iwefactria: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
Gabry:

My mom is biased towards my brother because he is the only boy and also bcause when she was pregnant with him, she faces the most complications with him but for me, I dont really care about whom my parents are in favour with because as far as Im concrn, Im living in my own world. smiley I dont really care.

you are damn rite!!
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by ichommy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2009
it really make sense cool
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by itumama: 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
I think is the first child,cos my mum always approve my request even though my siblings grumble.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by itumama: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2009
I think is the first child.As for me my mum normally approve all my request even though my siblings grumble.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by FBS: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2009
me thinks it depends.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by mystikal(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
I reckon my Mum loves me the most and tht is probably because I have given her the most headaches & worry
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by ifyalways(f): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
ME! ! !. . .No contest or rival. cheesy
i was the only girl,so naturally we do stuffs,play,shop and gist together.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by dipo2much(m): 6:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
Its when you have some shortcomings in terms of behaviour that you think there is favouritism from mom. In my opinion,mom's love their children equally and the one that gets rebuked most often thinks he/she isnt as much a favourite as the others. I'm sure my mom loves all her children equally. I am first of three
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by qymekkam(m): 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
my brother which is the last born angry
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2009
I think its really me, my parents pander more to the last born but deep down me on their side is what they count on the most. grin

I love my parents!
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by EmmalexG(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
I think that MOTHERS like the OBEYING ones
In my family my mother love the obeying child bcus he responds to obeying stimules,
Bt mothers should like all her children bcuz they are all her children.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by merge(f): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
Favortism is WRONG.

That why many Nigerian family have JEALOUSY and LACK of COOPERATION with their children.

Typical Nigerian way of wasting children.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Ndipe(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2009
It depends, but dont be surprise if she chooses either her first child or last child.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by sley4life(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
last child
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by sley4life(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
any1 that is doing well have more love by her mom, but the last child i guess is loved by mom best
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by DoubleN(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
As for me,i am the last and i am not my Mothers Favorite.My Elder Sister who is the third born and second daughter is her favorite.I don't know if it is because of the fact that they look so much alike.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by shesi(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
my brother used to be my mom's favorite until he got married grin grin

now that enviable position lies with me. lol, i can do no wrong. lol

it turns out marrying a woman your mother doesn't like can erase years of accumulated affection. grin
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Secretz(f): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
Haba! Favourites? ?  ?  A mother should love her children equally ohhhh,  . . but,

I know for a FACT it's me. I am the only biological girl of her 7 children. I'm the 2nd youngest tooo . . . no contest.  tongue

[s]She also knows I will not put her in a home. [/s]    tongue

shesi:

my brother used to be my mom's favorite until he got married grin grin

now that enviable position lies with me. lol, i can do no wrong. lol

it turns out marrying a woman your mother doesn't like can erase years of accumulated affection. grin

roflmao.  grin
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2009
It's me and everybody knows it tongue
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Gabry(f): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2009
lawyer:

I have never really understood that biased nature of mothers to dote on the last born more than the other children. Isnt that selfish? How do the other kids feel? i.e child 4 in a family of 8 or child 3 in a family of 4?

At first I felt jelous and than I realize that jelousy is the most evil thing on earth so I channel my jeklousy towards other things like engaging in many activitis and making myself busy and making lots of friends. Now I dont really feel it anymore cause Im in my own world
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by reindeer: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
wetin consain you with my family?
grin
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by AY1231(m): 2:31am On Jun 30, 2009
According to me i think and believe it is the daughter because as a good mother ahe will not want her child to be wayward and due to this let the daughter get closer to her. thanks.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by ikamefa(f): 3:04am On Jun 30, 2009
i nor know oh! undecided cheesy
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by 3Line(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2009
In my family, i think its quite different. We're 6 (six) in number, 2 females and 4 males.

But my mum tend to love the first, who happens to be female more than others.
I'm the 3rd but the 1st male child, and its clear to all that i'm our dads favourite, lucky for me, in my family my dads word is final, so i hold the aces.

Cheers.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by toosoon(m): 9:25am On Jun 30, 2009
In my family, my parent's favorite child is the 1st son who happens to be the second child.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by Nezan(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2009
reindeer:

wetin consain you with my family?
grin
grin grin
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by otokx(m): 9:43am On Jun 30, 2009
Funny enough don't suppose my mom has a favorite child.
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by mayrho(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2009
I think me folks they good @ not showing it so can't tell if they have any favs
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by sweetpain: 11:02am On Jun 30, 2009
too_soon:

In my family, my parent's favorite child is the 1st son who happens to be the second child.
This might as well be me. And too_soon might be a whinning younger brother. What does it really matter who mum likes more. You've been given life, go live it to the fullest.

Well may be for those who have loads of cash and property to harvest when the inevitable happens it might be an issue who parents like more. But a wicked son can always use a court order to prove that mum liked him more grin
Re: Who's Mother's Favorite Child by trulyopal(f): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2009
my mum's favourite aint the first or last but the 4th. the last ones like me are jst mere distractions.
i envy all those favourites out there cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help, Marriage Issues / My Visa Is Out: I'm Selling Brand New LG Washing Mach/home Theater ( Giveaway) / Will U Ask Ur Husband Where He Went, If He Came Late?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.