Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,799 members, 7,831,587 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo (23713 Views)

"If Anything Happens To Osinbajo, Nigeria Will Break" – Ayo Adebanjo / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. / Who Is The Nigerian Leader At The Moment? Dele Sobowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
I know Mr Adebanjo personally but these old Afenifere men don't get it. Even if the money was legitimately sourced, in any civilized society this would be labelled a "cash for votes" scandal. How does this differ from politicians handing out money at the polling booth? If you endorse PDP because you have no presidential candidate is one thing, all SDP needed to do was to make a public statement endorsing Jonathan but to collect money from PDP in return for votes is immoral at the very least because you cannot say beyond reason there wasn't a financial inducement.

It's a bribe, Falae took a bribe, let's call a spade a spade, he should know better at his age as he is now so keen to let us all know!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Johnsinia(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
The fool is a perfect wrong choice... Where on earth has or will a fool like buhari be allowed to contest talkless of winning an election? O! I 4got, only in a nation where almajiris and the western slaves are the majority. Wrong president; wrong voters.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by bennychuks: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
Alezy:
its true. ..Nigerians where just blinded by the wrong deeds of the past government, we couldn't see the trap we were about to enter.
Nigerians are not good at history otherwise we should have known or read about PMB's exploit in 1983 to 85.
But I have this to say '' those who rejoice that a bush rat is ravaging their neighbours farm should be made to know that very soon their neighbours farm will be exausted and the rat will turn the other way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by gagewonda(m): 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Is Buhari responsible for all these?

GEJ had the opportunity to save for the rainy day but he left the reserves worse than he met it despite the fact that he was in charge when oil prices reached an all time high.

Diversification of the economy has been on the agenda of every government since 1960 but has any implemented it? No

Now things have reached a crescendo where oil is now virtually worthless and everybody is blaming Buhari

I would even surmise that diversification to other extractive sectors is just folly. Nigeria should not depend on Solid Minerals, China has excess stock of steel- they may start throwing some away soon. It is that bad.

What we need is a Knowledge economy where we innovate and manufature things. I have a lot of Saudi colleagues and despite the fact that their leaders are cocaine sniffing, closet homosexua.ls, they have invested billions of dollars to improve their competitiveness. A lot of them are studying for PostGraduate degrees in STEM courses and they have built innovative hubs all over the country.

Nigeria needs to totally change its orientation and blueprint.

@Topic

Adebanjo is an old useless Afenifeya who only cares about his own stomach. No one takes him serious in Yorubaland
mr I hav a question sir, wen d idea of a sovereign wealth fund came up who were those instrumental to its failure? D same APC. The blame game is d easiest game to play
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by repogirl(f): 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pidggin:
There are still a few good South Westerners smiley
the ones who can think for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by gretblue: 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2016
Like Adebanjo like Falae.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Ovamboland(m): 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
Na wah o! even the elders we hold in high esteem and take as role models!

Even at ordinary secondary school level, when you discover the puff-puff your classmate gave is from stolen money you almost start shitting in your pants and wish you could reverse time and say no thanks to the offer. You'd be grateful if you can replace the cost of the puff-puff with your allowance for the following day as far as the shame of been punished with a thief can be avoided. In the absence of that possibility you accept the due punishment with heads bowed and the puff-puff oil still visible on your lips.

That's how deep our values and norms are ingrained by the upbringing of our parents. You dare not argue to be freed on the premise that your friend never told you the money was stolen or you'd be viewed as hardened and in support of the initial theft.

But today our elders whom we so much revere some of us starting from their days in NADECO and the June 12 saga, have redefined our values with this sorry statements from Baba Adebanjo. To make matters worse Baba defends the opacity in spending of security funds as if they are not public funds that requires accountability. The security votes is known to constitute a large chunk of the $5 Billion loot by Abacha whom they fought to a standstill until his death.

I expect Baba to be happy the spending of security votes is finally been publicly scrutinized and advise Buhari to make the spending of similar funds by his government open to public scrutiny. But just because the oil of the security funds is still visible on the lips of his close associate Falae, Baba had to to defend the sharing of the stolen puff-puff.

Though he implied not a dime of the 100 million flowed to him in any way, but i am still sorely disappointed with his statements here. These are men we almost take as gods on earth. I will just assume that pushing to age 90, his power of perception has been compromised by age.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by ngoziama: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-is-a-wrong-choice-as-nigerian-leader-ayo-adebanjo/

God bless you and your generations. Let the fools star ranting and calling efcc to come after you.
Welldone sir.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by poseidon12: 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Chief Ayo Adebanjo always on point. I wish the average Nigerian is as intelligent and objective. Buhari is bad news for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Kingspin(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
We agree now is Buhari turn let him start doing something.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by klax(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
Honestly I think this master was right. I sincerely love a balance human makes a balance statement but the APC will not see his words as anything. He has spoken if anyone has any evidence bring it out and before media start their stupidity they should do thorough investigation which is correct and by the way EFCC is not the court if anyone is find wanting take him to court and if guilty let court decide but in Nigeria presently EFCC is Fed Govt, EFCC is Buhari, EFCC is APC what a weird country of ours.

The money Amaech got in the name of his state and diverted it to sponsor buhari did anyone talk about that No. The cash the APC got from different individual and politician pls did anyone ask of it No. The cash APC got from Oando oil to support buhari did anyone ask of it No. The money some APC stalwart gave other party for support pls did anyone ask of it No. Pls how do I take buhari serious a man that stood during my cadet parade day then and said to us the young lads that *you lads as a millitary kids never support lies or lie in all your life don't play double mind or mouth be on point and stood by it* and we all cheered him up then now ends up be the second biggest liar in history of Nigeria army after IBB. Buhari turned the smart liar simply because of politics it's so sadden indeed, well I'm not his fan anyway he has failed me and that is final.

APC is a failure, a bloody Nigeria nightmare that will hunt this nation for a very long time. Biggest mistake of all time. What I said may hurt them as usual I don't bloody give a damn but for APC as a party I will rather support the new world James Bond *Mr live and never die Shekau of boko haram* than to support APC
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Barigaboy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lolz, I will just advise u to please return any cash that must have been shared to u because we here no fit beg for anybody matter o. Hen hen
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by monex(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Is Buhari responsible for all these?

GEJ had the opportunity to save for the rainy day but he left the reserves worse than he met it despite the fact that he was in charge when oil prices reached an all time high.

Diversification of the economy has been on the agenda of every government since 1960 but has any implemented it? No

Now things have reached a crescendo where oil is now virtually worthless and everybody is blaming Buhari

I would even surmise that diversification to other extractive sectors is just folly. Nigeria should not depend on Solid Minerals, China has excess stock of steel- they may start throwing some away soon. It is that bad.

What we need is a Knowledge economy where we innovate and manufature things. I have a lot of Saudi colleagues and despite the fact that their leaders are cocaine sniffing, closet homosexua.ls, they have invested billions of dollars to improve their competitiveness. A lot of them are studying for PostGraduate degrees in STEM courses and they have built innovative hubs all over the country.

Nigeria needs to totally change its orientation and blueprint.

@Topic

Adebanjo is an old useless Afenifeya who only cares about his own stomach. No one takes him serious in Yorubaland
i agree with all but for the bolded, you might need to check your facts again.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Alezy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
bennychuks:
Nigerians are not good at history otherwise we should have known or read about PMB's exploit in 1983 to 85.
But I have this to say '' those who rejoice that a bush rat is ravaging their neighbours farm should be made to know that very soon their neighbours farm will be exausted and the rat will turn the other way.
well said
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Alezy(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
onatisi:

We are warning Nigerians now to see the dangers ahead but they will not only for them to be crying and shouting god god in 3 years time
well if we re not blinded by tribal sentiments for our choices, we will get it right come 2019.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by onatisi(m): 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Alezy:
well if we re not blinded by tribal sentiments for our choices, we will get it right come 2019.
with the way things are going,by 2019 Nigerians will have only one choice and that is

Buhari's choice

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Akaujaa(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
The man in his speech, kept saying "Its not I support corruption". That's his conscience judging him.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Alezy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
arbitter:

You mean all the massive corruption and lawlessness? Lmao!

You sons of bltches really have some guts eh! We all know where you chose yo cast your vote, your asses were defeated, why cant you just get over it?! All your bitching wont change a thing and your pathetic attempts to rewrite history is lame. Maybe that bullshit is what your people choose to believe but i can assure you the rest of this country arent delusional sore losers who actually think if Jonathan was still in power theyll be better off, or the state of your econony and its overreliance on oil is somehow all Buharis fault. Just because other sane people have better things to do than engage in a meaningless fights with you doesnt mean your reign of petty lies and deceit on the media is what all nigerians feel or believe
So if u re asked now with all sincerity about the way things are going in the country right now you will say we are doing fine??

As you have been blinded to the extent that u can't even tell what's wrong or right again. Who talked about Gej here?? or who talked about who I voted for??

That the last government was bad doesn't mean we won't talk again if this one is bad. an as it stands ryt now, this government is more like a military government rating below 40%.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Alezy(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
onatisi:
with the way things are going,by 2019 Nigerians will have only one choice and that is

Buhari's choice
That is where things will turn sour.

that guy is running a military government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by skot: 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
I appreciate the fact that you have vented your views and are entitled to your opinion, that being said I would like to draw your attention to some facts :

1. Ignorance is not an excuse in law. (if you buy a stolen car and don't know it's a stolen property u are liable under the law, u can relate it to DASUKIGATE)

2. We have progressed past where you just list problems, profer logical solutions. Don't come here and tell us problems, give us solutions.

3. You talked about the president focusing more on corruption, question for you : do we have ministers to work on all ministries, if so should the president be operating in all these offices at the same time?

The president is operating a structured government and has the prerogative of focusing on what he feels is most urgent.

Another question for you : are you aware that we have lost over 25,000 soldiers and over 5,000,000 women, children and men to insurgency, if you had lost all your family and livelihood to this menace what would be your views on this your topic.

Let us simply pray that we live to see a brighter future and contribute positively to today.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by BabaO2: 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pidggin:
There are still a few good South Westerners smiley
Infact i don't know what to tell you. So all the frustrated and clowns like ayo adebanjo, fayose, FFK are your own good south westerners, what an insult and arrant nonsense.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by bashdawodu: 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
The state of mind of this man is reflected by the lack of knowledge of the link between corruption and food, education, health and infrastructure.The gross lack of appreciation that after 16 years of decadence Nigerians decided to try another hand, president Buhari.Rather than blaming the people who stole our money he is blaming the president who is trying to improve the plight of Nigeria.Only in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by millionaireman: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
oduastates:
Another yam eater.
EFFC

Mugu,
In a Nigeria awash with all classes of professionals from the best universities in the world, Buhari was thrown up a s a president. And you don't seem to ask why? You don't know that something must be wrong with the political structure of the country. The wrong is that the 19 states + Abuja structure in the once northern region shall always make Nigeria have an arranged president - a president arranged mostly by northern politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by stayblack: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by M4gunners: 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
God bless you sir.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by maduxs: 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nigerian president is on a glass mountain with slippers on and he is slipping very very quickly with our economy dwindling
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by davidif: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
Can't they at least give this man four years before making a verdict on his administration?

Na wa o. How can you expect a leader to fix a generational problem within less than a year.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by mindtricks: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
2ruink:
Buhari is being routed because (1) He plunged in at the deep end of the economy. (2) The rationale behind his quest is originally to get even with his age old enemies, being a fiend. (3) At this age, Nigeria needs a fabulous leader and not someone whose rationality is questionable. These and more are why the APC led government is slipping by the day.

Hmm!
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by lawrenzojacuzzi(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
The state of our country now, is like someone drinking a bottle of coke to its half gradually it will get finished, and what is left is empty dried bottle. Am not against fighting corruption but it should not be the aim of the economy. Other sectors are paralysed,people are dying everyday as a result of hunger, graduates don't jobs and more graduates are been produced periodically,goods and services are On the high side. We should not put all our energy on fighting corruption, while other sectors of the economy are lying fallow.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by kachnov(m): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
OK...very soon.

See my signature.
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by oluwasegun007(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
abeg go replace am.....yeye
Re: Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo by Reinvented: 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
tuniski:
zombie ooooo zombie! Are u a jollof rice eater?
[size=18pt]Nay, Tuwo sinkafa eater[/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? / Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition / Dapo Abiodun Visits Rauf Aregbesola - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.