Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

ADC Plane Crash In Abuja - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ADC Plane Crash In Abuja (35455 Views)

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by azorjiu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2006
adc. same that crashed 10 yrs ago
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by IroroRoyal(f): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2006
Jesus! ADC again?oh No . sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by IroroRoyal(f): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2006
Jesus! ADC again?oh No . sad  cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by plezant(f): 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2006
Not again, God pls save us
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by queen2(f): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2006
Sultan of sokoto and son killed
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by adconline(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2006
are we not tired of this bullshit? Is it not time for O basanjo to go
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by adconline(m): 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2006
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by azorjiu(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2006
my thoughts with sokoto people cry. it seems the state lost influential people including the deputy governor, senators and the sultan.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by tpzmil(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2006
adc crash, again we mourn
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by drered(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2006
yeah it is true and has anybody ever wondered why all this crashes happen on sundays and why we are still not prepared for them
the sultan of sokoto(the highest ranking muslim in nigeria)and his son have been confirmed dead  cry  cry  cry
well da most annoying thing is that CNN and SKY news even got info bout da crash before our tv stations in nigeria  angry  angry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by dominobaby(f): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2006
Something's always been wrong. May God help us!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by bensimon(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2006
Guys, I am sure that you just heard the sad news about the crash of ADC plane in Abuja. May God (Allah) grant the souls of all that departed etrnal rest in his abode. The question this crash raises once again is how safe is our airlines? It is obvious that road transport is a sham in Nigeria. Now, it is becoming very obvious that air travel is a serious danger. What do we do? Does the state of Nigeria owe its citizens any duty of care? If so, has the state discharged this duty so far? Please, let us articulate our thoughts on this issue. Will you want to travel by road or by air in Nigeria, especially, those of you that live outside the shores of Nigeria?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by michy(f): 5:42pm On Oct 29, 2006
did i just see the deputy governor
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by nosa101(f): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2006
Radios announced that doctors should report to the scene. Why the Bleep didn't they do that in Nigeria? Blood assholes
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by IroroRoyal(f): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2006
Michy where?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by nosa101(f): 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2006
drered:

yeah it is true and has anybody ever wondered why all this crashes happen on sundays and why we are still not prepared for them
the sultan of sokoto(the highest ranking muslim in nigeria)and his son have been confirmed dead cry cry cry
well da most annoying thing is that CNN and SKY news even got info bout da crash before our tv stations in nigeria angry angry
Because Reuters and AP do not work for any of the Nigerian Stations
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by WEB(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2006
My condolences to the families of those killed in the crash.

WEB
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by OldGlory1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2006
The sad news is that another will crash again in February. I am not sure why the Government cannot set limits on planes older than 15Years old. Poor Maintenance is our biggest problem. Old Planes and overworked pilots with bad radar/weather forecast. bleeped up place that Nigeria is!! I cannot think of a more problematic place with so much talent anywhere in the world.

God Bless Us!!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by princezino(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2006
"Two weeks ago, ADC's chief executive officer Capt. Mfon Udom told a Nigerian newspaper he expected his airline to be recertified by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority to meet international safety standards by the end of 2006." - CNN website.
Also news is that the plane wreck was burning on the runway for two hours after the crash, on a runway of the nations second premier airport! ITS SO SHAMEFUL!!!! no ER (emergency response) to combat a fire on a Runway!!! same thing happened last year when those innocent kids were burnt alive in front of thier hapless mothers after the heroic late pilot managed to bring the doomed aircraft to crashland on the runway, hoping to have some souled saved. And just last week the STUPID naija aviation investigation agency cop and pasted a final investigation report probably lifted from a 1961 airport classroom notebook! I'll spare you the details of the baloney it contained!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Hotstepper(f): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2006
They need to shot all these planes down and hire foreign people to take a look at dem. owners who cannot bring out money to repaire theirplanes shall not allowed to operate again. Just like da same time last year, it is also almost students dat r on da plane, Nigeria needs prayer
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by niyyie(m): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2006
Another monumental tragedy has hit Nigeria. Yet another plane crash. This time, an ADC aircraft crashed close to Abuja's airport, on its way to Sokoto. The Sultan of Sokoto, one of his sons, deputy Governor of Sokoto, are among the people dead.

The plane had 104 people on board and 6 people are reported to be receiving treatment in the hospital.

This is very sad indeed. One can only wonder, for how long will this continue? angry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by chichimma(f): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2006
When I heard it today I was in shock.It is terrible and breaking news on CNN! cry I hope that the six people that are receiving treatment will survive this incident. I hope they find out what the real cause is of the plane crash and if it was tempering or faul play (no doubt about that) they will deal with the people and all behind it!

There should be better security and check up measures with these planes, for peoples sake! this is going out of hand. Civilians should boycot all airplanes for now until there is a thorough investigastion and answers as result. This has to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by lovito(f): 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2006
Old shame is that a prophecy?,God will not allow such to happen again,enough is enough,God will intervene and deliver Nigeria
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2006
@hotstepper

well the crash of last year were accidents but so far the ones of this year have a political undertone

the military plane of last month was filled with generals that died just like that
this one is filled with sultan, senators and iheard a minister too was in it

now tell me is that not an undertone?

the minister of aviationshould resign that is if he will agree to toake responsibility

it is sure getting out of hand, roads are bad, air is not safe. sea pirates every where
is there anyhope for this country?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Oloks(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2006
Condolences to those who lost their lives in this fatal air crash, may God grant them eternal rest. Maybe when so called leaders who have ruled and looted this country dry start loosing their loved ones in situations like this, it might serve as a wake up call, you cannot cut corners with maintenance and emergency services, there is always a very high price to pay. All that has happened can be prevented or avoided. It is only in Nigeria you will see a very rich man driving a very expensive car, but very stupid enough to cut corners on buying new tyres, the result is all we are seeing now, Shouting God alone in churches and mosques will not save us.

May Lord grant the departed eternal rest.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by BigB11(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2006
I believe Shagari's son was also among the passengers.

May their souls rest in peace.

I will deal with Nigerian Aviation Dept and current administration later; for now let's pray for the families these folks left behind.

It is sad, a shame and a big sign of failure.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Christino(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2006
@ Lovito,

We need more than prayers, we've been praying long before I was born, but it gets worse. it could be a political woteva as i heard rumours that a Governor was on board, don't know how true that is.

Our prayers now go directly into voice mail, maybe the recycle bin as God is just watching and watching. I hope it doesn't happen anymore but honestly, i'm not praying.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by qblaze(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2006
breaking news: adc plane crash: sultan of sokoto suspected to be on board, no survivors.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by kimba(m): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2006
By BASHIR ADIGUN, Associated Press Writer
34 minutes ago

ABUJA, Nigeria - A Nigerian airliner carrying 104 people, including the man regarded as a spiritual leader of Nigeria's Sunni Muslims, crashed in a storm Sunday after taking off from the airport in Abuja. Most of those on board were feared dead, but at least six people survived.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Sunni leader was among those killed in the third passenger jet crash in Nigeria in less than a year.

Debris from the shattered plane, body parts and personal belongings of passengers were strewn over a wooded area the size of a soccer field where the plane went down, about two miles from the end of the runway at the airport in the capital of the oil-rich West African nation.

Smoke rose from the plane's mangled and smoldering fuselage as rescue workers pulled out burned corpses. About 50 bodies were gathered in a corner of the site. The tail of the plane was hanging from a tree.

Sam Adurogboye, an Aviation Ministry spokesman, said the 23-year-old Boeing 737-2B7 crashed just one minute after takeoff. He said the cause of the crash was unknown.

Witnesses said it was raining around the time the aircraft took off. Rains subsided later, but skies remained overcast.

Adurogboye said the plane was carrying 104 passengers and crew members, and he knew of six survivors. "Obviously the rest are feared dead," he said.

Emergency workers recovered the last of the bodies about six hours after the crash.

The aircraft, owned by the private Nigerian airline Aviation Development Co., was headed to the northwest city of Sokoto, about 500 miles northwest of Abuja, state radio said.

In a radio announcement, the Sokoto state government said the sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Maccido, died in the crash. Maccido was the head of the National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, which determines when Muslim fasts should begin and end and decides policy issues for Nigeria's overwhelmingly Sunni Muslims.

Mustapha Shehu, spokesman for the Sokoto state government, said the sultan's son, Muhammed Maccido, a senator, also was on the flight, along with Abdulrahman Shehu Shagari, son of former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari, who was in office between 1979 and 1983.

About half of Nigeria's 130 million people are Muslims. The country is the most populous in Africa and the continent's leading oil exporter.

At the airport in Abuja, security officials tried to contain a crush of people seeking information about friends or family aboard the plane.

President Olusegun Obasanjo ordered an immediate investigation into the cause of the crash, his spokeswoman Remi Oyo said in a statement.

Oyo said Obasanjo was "deeply and profoundly shocked and saddened ,  he offers condolences for all Nigerians, especially family, friends and associates of those who may have been on board."

The Nigerian airline ADC last suffered a crash in November 1996, when one of its jets plunged into a lagoon outside Nigeria's main city, Lagos, killing all 143 aboard.

Last year, two planes flying domestic routes crashed within seven weeks of each other, killing 224 people.

[size=16pt]Nigeria's air industry is notoriously unsafe. [/size] On Oct. 22, 2005, a Boeing 737-200 plane belonging to Bellview airlines crashed soon after takeoff from the country's main city of Lagos, killing all 117 people aboard. On Dec. 10, a McDonnell Douglas DC-9 plane operated by Sosoliso Airlines crashed while approaching the oil city of Port Harcourt, killing 107 people, most of them schoolchildren going home for Christmas.

Earlier this month, authorities released a report blaming the Sosoliso crash on bad weather and pilot error. The investigation of the Bellview crash is still continuing.

After last year's air crashes, Obasanjo vowed to overhaul Nigeria's airline industry, blaming some of the industry's problems on corruption. Airlines were subjected to checks for air-worthiness and some planes were grounded.
___

Associated Press writer Dulue Mbachu in Lagos and Oloche Samuel in Kano contributed to this report.

NOTES:
I hope this is not the start of another SERIES,,
[size=16pt]what else can we expect from a plane that is 23years old.[/size]
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by saints2(f): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2006
Quite unfortunate am devestated.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Jakumo(m): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2006
I hear tell that many of the aircraft flying Nigeria's unfriendly skies were originally purchased from that huge aircraft graveyard out in the Nevada desert where planes are left to die or to be cannibalized for spare parts.

Once purchased, the Nigerian airline operator limps his prize home where he then calls in the black-smiths, panel beaters, auto-electricians and juju priests to tropicalize, Africanize and pray for the newly assembled contraption before it is pressed into service until such time as Ogun, the God of Iron calls the bird down into the ground with its full load of sacrificial lambs.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by celemel(m): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2006
plz who on board has the details of the casualties of this crash? Reports have confirmed Sultan Maccido and his senator-son dead, including the deputy gov. of sokoto state and another senator of sokoto extraction. Any more details?

Me i don tire for plane crashes in Naija o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cows Take Over Owerri Airport Runway, Plane Aborts Landing / Why We Hiked Nigerian Applicants’ Visa Fees – US / Husband & Wife Die In Accident In Delta, After Being Burnt (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.