Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

ADC Plane Crash In Abuja - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ADC Plane Crash In Abuja (35458 Views)

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by otokx(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2006
And please this "God knows best", "God gives and He takes" is all B*&L S**T plain nonsense. We should do what we are meant to do which in this case was not done.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Roscodaddy(m): 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2006
How can the mad aviation minister say it is the pilot's error,we are all educated here,if the pilot was told to wait because of the weather,how did the plane crash,did the plane hit anything,the plane just got mid air and came down under 1 min -60 seconds abi we nor do maths or physics?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Radiant(f): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2006
Both OBJ and the Aviation minister should rot in their offices since they weren't on board angry angry angry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by donmayor(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2006
@Radiant
I agree. Shameless bastards, they would never take responsibility for anything. Blaming it on a dead man.How can weather make a plane crash in 1-2 mins? Or is this anoda ploy for transcorp (obasanjo's a shareholder) to buy into aviation industry by throwing all other airlines underground? Everyone knows airline business is capital intensive so why go into a project of u cannot foot it's bill. We have no excuse. We have the money but we are just plain greedy, thats why babangida wants to put his hand in running the country upon all he stole angry angry angry angry angry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by princezino(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2006
@kimba
I can see you missed my point by several nautical miles,
In Naija (as in anywhere in the world), unless we get to the root cause of incidents/accidents we will never correct trends. Its so easy to distract/confuse the gullible public: Yes: its the old airplanes, No: its pilot error, Nay: its the weather yackty yackty yak! The koko of air mishaps in naija falls square on CRIMINALLY INADEQUATE MANAGEMENT / OVERISGHTof the entire naija aviation industry traceable to either or both corrupt Governance or plain executive ignorance.
With this sickening environment even if only brand new planes are allowed to fly in naija NUTHIN WILL CHANGE!!!(except the quick emergence of Transcorp Air)
In september this year I spent a month in Ndjamena, Chad. To get to that end of the Sahara and back, I had to fly Ethiopian Air via Addis Ababa. My guy, u should see how serious AFRICAN govts run aviation. From the respectable airline to world class facilities in the ADD airport the level of organization was apparent! sans petrodollars!!
Way Forward:
It's probably too late to expect any policy change in the aviation sector by the OBJ regime. After the tears and prime air times, the evil men will quickly get back to their 2007 political potting. However for things to move ahead in this sector, the next president should start with appointing an aviation chief of the mould of Prof Dora Akunyili. This visibly apolitical person must come from the aviation sector but must not be home-grown! Let him/her be headhunted from diaspora. I know he/she exists somewhere,  Any President who takes this first step will undoubtedly also provide the support the new aviation chief will need for wide sweeping reforms which will be the ONLY solution. Till then I'm afraid the birds will continue to fall,
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 30, 2006
otokx:

At least we now know it was a Pilot's error so the aviation minister said. Dead man no dey talk

That was about the fastest investigation carried out by the aviation ministry, now we can all go back and fold our arms waiting for the next plane crash! Maybe this time it will be because the air hostesses served lunch before they were asked to.

cabali:

why some political personalities

Now the political "personalities" can no longer escape the consequences of their irresponsibility! Since they can no longer travel by the same roads they have criminally neglected for decades, nemesis has decided to go wait for them in the air!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2006
its really really sad cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by tommiekidd(m): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2006
I like saying watever is on my damn mind,this ain't no joke and it ain't no beef. its serious.
Those who died has got souls,families and friends, they are meant to fufil their destiny. moreover i think Nigeria is lacking a crucial problem.
This is not the 1st nor the 3rd time, people's mistakes and Nigeria's mechanical difficulties are the reasons for the rapid aviation accidents in Nigeria. i think the major devastating problem is the mechanical difficulties.
If u can think deeply,u'll see that most of the problems in Nigeria are caused by corruption.
Should we say the pilots aren't well qualified (maybe they paid to get their license), stuffs like that can cause a fatal problem for the whole nation. I hope all is well.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Roscodaddy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2006
Blood sucking demons,well many more will go,I hope those behind this will live 300 centuries after now.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by superman(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2006
damn someone got to go! someone got to die ! dnt yall think
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by goodguy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2006
No 9 but 7 of which 6 are responding to treatment.
1 is still Unconscious

They are 9 survivors in all.   And all 9 are in "okay" condition now.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by nilla(f): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2006
from 9 to 7 to 9

how many really survived
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by goodguy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 30, 2006
9 people survived. 2 males, 7 females.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by nilla(f): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2006
ok

thanks
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 2:37am On Oct 31, 2006
can we know their pressent status please?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by gigitte(f): 3:09am On Oct 31, 2006
hmm borishade had said it was partially based on pilot error, that the air control tower told the pilot to chill. they have records of these things (knowing naija then again maybe they dont), they will have air controllers advising them to chillax and wait for the weather to clear on record. it is a piece of advice and not a command because the captain of the aircraft has the final say,, it was the pilot who decided to go ahead and take off, purportedly saying God is in control,, then again i also heard reports of bigmanism on the flight, ppl pressuring the pilot to take off, i dont know how true it is but dead men dont talk, but the black boxes have been found and we have air controller reports, not to mention other planes that were meant to take off at around the same time but did not due to bad weather.

if you something about planes you will know that lightning and clouds are some of its worst enemies. the plane could have taken off and be struck by lightning or perhaps run into a cloud (not all clouds are like cotton candy, some are like olumo rock) and then came down. what remains to be seen is was the pilot justified in ignoring advice from the control tower? and what did the old age and maintenance or lack of of the plane contribute to the crash

i myself on two occasions, one in naija and the other coming in from london, where bad weather prevented us from landing, on both occasions imagine the bad weather wasnt even so bad as to elicit commentary from ppl on ground, all they said was it was light rain with electrical lightning, but yet we did not land.

gross mismanagement of everything is at play here, potholes and cows on international runways, radars that take a break on weekends, runway lights that are offf on weekends, osanobua!

nigerians too much believe in this whole 'in sha Allah/God is in control'
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Ynot(m): 4:36am On Oct 31, 2006
23 year old plane is not the issue here. A well serviced 'old' aircraft can still perform. But again, 23 could mean anything in Nigeria.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 4:52am On Oct 31, 2006
thats correct! I agree totally;

23 is a figure! with the right periodic maintenkance procedures carried out, a 23 yr old plane will function properly. and I still dont think the pilot disobeyed
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by lauryn(f): 4:53am On Oct 31, 2006
May Their Souls Rest In Peace! AMEN!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2006
Amen o!!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by OldGlory1(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2006
Regardless of Maintenance, how come Ethiopians with all their poverty have become a power house in Aviation in Africa? And yet we keep crashing left right and center. I do not know what mode of transportation to use when i go to Nigeria for Christmas. Ban all planes that are more than 15yrs old period. It is made brand new in the USA and used for 10yrs and then sold to a regional airline in Eastern europen and used for another 13yrs and finally sold to a Nigerian carrier, at that point there is a high percentage of crashes and therefore Nigeria is now where Boeing should call " It's resting place".
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by lagbaja(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2006
It is becoming more obvious that our problem in this country are majorly human. The excuse before was that there was no funding in the aviation sector, no monitoring equipments, obsolete radar system.

One of the victims, Senator Yari Ghandi was even shown on NTA condemning the state of infrastructure during the last air accidents. Now, we have the infrastructure and something extra;  a pilot who thinks he knows better and can handle a bad weather and end up killing 96 people. We need to change our ways as a people.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by birdman(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2006
sigh, we refuse to take ourselves seriously and wonder why no one takes us seriously. why would any resonable pilot fly after being advised against it by the control tower  angry. very tragic event  sad.

those of you blaming obasanjo, i pray you see how hypocritical your stance is, (probably not)

The only good thing that can come of this is that our leaders realize that any of them could have been on this plane, and make some meaningful avaiation reform.

roscodaddy, please stay off the weed (blood sucking demons?, geeeez  angry angry angry angry)
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Ynot(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2006
Unfortunately Nigeria don't build aircraft. Companies/countries that do charge lots of money on those beast. Again there is nothing wrong with purchasing a used one if and only if it can be maintained and serviced. There are some stuff that needs to be changed constantly on any aircraft. Things that wears out frequently. There is what we call 'phase' service here. Every 6 months we rotationally ground some of our planes and do a complete overhaul - replace the o-rings, bolts, wiring harness, tires and a whole bunch of other. They are expensive of course but it has to be done. I've seen a faulty aircraft land safely with good tires. As for cows on runways, i don't even know what to say about that.

Most people are busy calling for the head of the aviation minister. If you fire him, will that solve the problem? There is a big difference between revenue and profit and thats our problem. We usually see the gross income as profit. Setting aside funds for maintenance/re-training is out the question. We see that as cutting-in on our profit. But as we all know you end up spending more in the long run.

I'm not a big fan of airline consolidation. Not in the present Nigeria. It will only create big corporation monopoly and that equals expensive ticket. Thats not a good economic policy. But if it will solve the problem, by all that is righteous, let them consolidate.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by simmy(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2006
come on Nigerians
I think its a sad cop-out by the minister to blame the pilot. how bad could the weather have been? Planes take off and land in gale 2 force winds , so bad could it have been that afternoon in Abuja? By the way, even if the weather was that bad, who cleared the plane for take -off? isnt that the responsibility of the port management?
I heard that there were 3 xplosions mid-air!!!!!
Was that the weather?
I had made up my mind about Nigerians a long time ago and this sad incident has just strenghtned my convictions

1. Many Nigerians are daft
2. Many Nigerians are ignorant
3. Our leaders are insincere and they assume we are all daft
4. Nigerians are a bunch of jokers
5 Nigerians NEVER learn

Mark my words, there will be a lot of aircrashes before we FINALLY learn our lesson
By the way, I heard ADC got their liscence revoked!!!
Its a pity cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by zexyworm: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2006
it's not a pitty that ADC has been shut down.

The "Aviation Development Company" (ironic?) has managed to end the lives of over 250 people in 3 seperate crashes since 1996.  It has struggled to stay afloat and was seriously undercapitalized before being shut.  Its recent "public offering" followed 2 years of moderate profit-making for its shareholders, however a good account book goes hand-in-hand with sound technical operations, training,  and safety record, which ADC clearly lacked prior to this crash.

Nigerians should learn that the price of a ticket alone should not be the only influencing factor when chosing your airline on a domestic or regional route.  Look for a professional, internationally-backed and capitalized airline.  A professional airline can operate used aircraft upto 30 years of age and it can be totally safe so long as it is maintained AND flown by professional pilots who fly by the book.

Airlines to patronize:

Virgin Nigeria       (thumbs up to their pilot in Abuja who was patient enough to wait for the weather to subside).
Aero Contractors  (wonderful crew and some brand new planes (DASH-8-300) as well as B737-300s).
Arik Air                  (for getting new planes and sponsoring cadets at Zaria NCAT)
Overland Airways  (small modern planes).

Airlines to avoid at all cost:

Chanchangi
EAS/Nicon
Sosoliso
DASAB
Fresh Air
Spaceworld
, And all other briefcase airlines owned by chiefs who just dont get it: AN AIRLINE IS CAPITAL INTENSIVE.

Airlines you fly at your own risk:

Bellview Airlines
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by celemel(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2006
RANDOM RABBLE ROUSER
Abacha died on June 8, 1998 in controversial circumstances that was officially adduced to heart failure. All political prisoners (including Uncle Sege and except MKO Abiola) were released from jail. Abiola was scheduled to be released in few days. Exactly 31 days after Abacha, July 9 to be precise, MKO Abiola died, after taking a hot cup of tea, officially of heart attack!! Conspiracy or coincidence? I wonder!

In the build up to the 2003 elections, Marshal Harry, AK Dikibo, Cicero Bola Ige among other influential politicians were 'killed' by 'armed robbers', who continued to reign until after April 24, 2003 elections. After that, all the 'dare-devil' armed robbers who targeted only the high and mighty ceased to exist. They vanished. Investigations into the incidents continue till date. Conspiracy or coincidence? I wonder!!

One year ago, a Bellview aircraft originating from Lagos dissapeared on a saturday night, and was found the next day in Lisa, Ogun state with over 100 persons on board dead. Few weeks after, A Sosoliso aircraft with over 100 persons on board, mostly school children, including Pastor Bimbo Odukoya, originating from Abuja to PH on a saturday evening crashed in the precincts of d PH airport killing all on board. A month ago, a military plane carrying the top brass of the armed forces on its way to Obudu ranch resort on a weekend, crashed into the hills of Benue killing all on board. Last suday, an ADC aircraft which took off from d precincts of my house in Calabar, landed and took off from Lagos safely and landed as well in Abuja where some passengers disembarked. New ones joined, including d Sultan of Sokoto. On take off, and seconds after, it exploded mid-air, and came back down, killing all but 9 persons!! Onspiracy or coincidence? I wonder!!!

Certain facts are all clear however.
Fact 1: Sultan Ibrahim Dasuki was appointed by IBB during his years in power, against the collective wishes of the majority of the members of the caliphate.

Fact 2: Dasuki was dethroned by Abacha and replaced with Maccido as a way of winning the 'hearts and minds' of the caliphate towards supporting the then tithering regime of late Gen. Sanni Abacha.

Fact 3: These two events greatly pithed one part of the caliphate against another. Curiously though, IBB is on his way back to power come 2007! Could this then be part of the coincidences? I wonder!!
shocked
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by belloti(m): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2006
ADC Crash has dealt a heavy blow on many nigerians particularly some of us that lost family and friends. Ahmed Hanafi Saad was a great friend and a gentleman to the core. We buried him yesterday at gwarimpa cemetry amidst tears and wailings. He has gone forever. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljannat Fir daus. Amen. Allah ya jikan Ahmadu. cry cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by belloti(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2006
ADC Crash has dealt a heavy blow on many nigerians particularly some of us that lost family and friends. Ahmed Hanafi Saad was a great friend and a gentleman to the core. We buried him yesterday at gwarimpa cemetry amidst tears and wailings. He has gone forever. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljannat Fir daus. Amen. Allah ya jikan Ahmadu. cry cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by belloti(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2006
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by AfricaFace(f): 11:20am On Oct 31, 2006
The mystery of death is that teh dead can never speak for himself, unfortunately the pilot is dead, he can't speak for hoimself that was why borishade and co. has shifted the blame to him. I think blames on the pilots may not be valid by the time national assembly signs the new bill which says, " shut the tower when the weather condition is unfvourable so that no plane can take off", Then we will blame te operator of the tower for not shutting the tower on time. Leave them with all thos gist, They invited all those big boys for Educational reform and send them to blazes after 15 hrs, i an still recollect the joke baba hard with Shagari's son on that saturday, To say that it's intenional is an understatement. Why would a pilot not adhere to instructions that will save his life. Or is this suicide mission, i know an African man will not have the heart to do that. The report of the process that lead to crash is really confusing.

But come to think of it , from the survival list , we had more female tahn male, does it mean that woman survies shock more than men.

But when i carefully went through the manifet , i found out that the survivors are mostly peopl in the seat 1 through 9 and the crew (peter) that probably was standing in the front row.

What a world, it's really sad, But Gogi state Government seem to be the only one that God has answered his prayers, His three daughters on board survived.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by gaby(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2006
My fellow peeps i've been following the nigerian dailies since the crash of the ADC Flight in which a good number of lives were lost and pray almight God to rest their gentle souls in peace whilst granting the families left behind the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

I am still shocked beyond words following this tragedy and the subsequent new conferences where the pilot of the ill-fated flight is become the sole accused responsible for this mis-hap.I personally disagree with this talk about the pilot ignoring air traffic warnings and so on and even going as far as saying he was prepared to take the risk.My fellow nlers this is obviously occasioned by the lackadaisical attitude of the ministry of aviation to put things right in terms of reforms in the aviation industry to make air travelling less risky in Nigeria and because this is happened and someone needs to take responsibility the late pilot has been found as the only person befitting of the blame not forgetting that even if this guy was innocent of the blame,ofcourse he wont be here to defend himself afterall dead body no dey talk,

I still cant figure out how someone could come up with such comments even before the panel of enquiry inaugurated has even started their investigations into the cause of the crash, besides how could you make people believe that a single pilot ignored warnings coming from the air control authority in charge of the air space this goes to show the nigerian air spaces and airports are to attacks and what nots as there are basically no human of technological infrastructures in place to curb any of these from happening,

I might be wrong in my view peeps but this is just my personal opinion and i would like to read from you fellow nlers to know your take on this topic,

let the comments keep coming,

Peace!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why We Hiked Nigerian Applicants’ Visa Fees – US / Husband & Wife Die In Accident In Delta, After Being Burnt (Pics) / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.