Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party (1083 Views)

Bride Lifts Groom Up After Kissing Him At Their Wedding Reception (Photo) / My Funny Experience With Black Girls In Uk Club / LMAO! Read This Funny Experience A Guy Had With An Olosho (SNAPSHOTS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by funloaded: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
Any reception party that lacks good item 7 is nothing but lawma's property.

I got invited by my mum to her friend's younger brother's cousin's wedding. My mum just carried the event on her head like gala. I agreed on going only to the reception. She told me i need not eat because there will be excess food and stuffs. That was how i left the hot fried rice i cooked untouched. On getting there, i discovered that the hall was very small and there were less people at the overhyped party. The cake was also very small and the decoration was like the combination of Small Doctor and Asa. Fast forward to when we the event started, a guy came to where i was and started a convo that i wasn't interested in. I tried to stop the convo but he was more like talking talking. Guys who talk more than normal cannot know anything.... Confirmed! Nonetheless, I knew where the convo was heading. My statistics show that 99% of guys that approach me always end their essay with ”can i have your number“. This guy was just asking jamb questions tho i answered all his questions nicely.

When it was time to dance, the band was just singing old songs, very old songs. Infact, I stopped my shakiti bobo dance steps when they were not corresponding with the beat. I later heard that the whole band were friends to the bride. The MC nko?? Very razz, he was just ranting all sort of street slangs, at a reception for God sake. Funny enough, when the bride's flower was thrown, the MC said ladies have to fight, slap, push or beat if necessary in order to get the flower, trust me i don't care about their stupid flower.

Later on, dodo(fried plantain) was served in a small plate. I made no effort in trying to grab my piece of dodo but this guy just picked two plates and gave me one. I refused to collect the dodo but he forcefully dipped the dodo in my mouth, gosh. He left me with no other option than to eat the dodo. The dodo looked like the sacrifice used for appealing sango and tasted like sugar added to water leaf. Due to the high rate of hunger, I ate it. When it was time for refreshment, the guy left me. Very small quantity of rice was served with meat and a bottle of water. It was not easy eating the rice because it was too peperish. After 6 spoons of rice, i took a whole bottle of water and requested for extra when the waitress said, ”we have served all the table water and sachet water available“. That day, i concur that water has no enemy and pepper is the greatest enemy to our tounges. The meat on my food was as hard as eating raw lion meat. I chewed and chewed until it got to a point that I jejely dipped my hand in my mouth and removed the meat, looked sideways like a suspected criminal then dipped the meat inside my purse. It was just too hard for me that i cant even swallow it. My mum later told me that it was the bride's neighbours that cooked the food.

At last, take home gifts was distributed. Unfortunately, when it was just few feets to where i sat, i got to know that take home gifts had finished, Yes, e don Finish. After a couple of minutes, I picked up my bags, looked around and left my mum at the odd party.

Am not a gold digger but i don't pray for this kind of wedding. Its easy to say, "My love for him is greater than money" but as time goes on, I'll get frustrated and ask myself why you choose to marry him.

Credits: www.funloaded.xyz

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
I hope after all this epistle that you're married undecided

Cc:
Tosyne2much, come and see an example of what u were talking about
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by cruzita(f): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
my dear all na luck
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by correctyourself(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Cc:
Tosynetoomuch, come and see an example of what u were talking about

Seconded!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
U copied and pasted the party into NL? Abi how d write up come long like this.
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by CharlyNick: 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
it's just a lesson
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by dollyjoy(f): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
So what is the morals?
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by passionate88: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by tosyne2much(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Cc:
Tosyne2much, come and see an example of what u were talking about
It will soon get to your turn. Ooooh you think it's very easy to do a wedding ryt?
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by 7footre(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls invite me when it's time for your wedding madam.... and better contribute to it o. no be only ur hubby moni
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by healthyarena(f): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nice story
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
It will soon get to your turn. Ooooh you think it's very easy to do a wedding ryt?

Azzin, e taya me
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by tosyne2much(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
Suigeneris93:

Azzin, e taya me
if the story is not fiction, I know the OP will certainly get to a stage when she will know that it's not easy
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
if the story is not fiction, I know OP will get certainly get to a stage when she will know that it's not easy

Yeah, I agree with you
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by NemzySeries(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
to buy ordinary goat sef frm mkt no easy talkmore of marrying wife.....d most important tin b say d room don get wifey
Re: My Funny Experience At An Odd Reception Party by funloaded: 12:25am On Jan 24, 2016
And that was a fictional storey.... grin

(1) (Reply)

A Little Girl Learned A Valuable Lesson. When She Told Her Dad, He Was Speechles / Medical Doctor / Medical Doctor Student (female) / The Greatest Thing You Should Consider Before You Fall Inlove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.