Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

I Apologize For The Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Apologize For The Civil War (12030 Views)

Biafra: Remove Itsekiri Land From Map To Avoid Civil War – Itsekiri Youths / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / I Apologize If I Convince You To Vote Buhari- Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Apologize For The Civil War by Olabestonic001(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
On behalf of the Yoruba's (both supportive and non-supportive of my statement here), I apologize for the cruelty of the Civil War. To all my Igbo friends, I'm very sorry for the Red War that turned the beauty of humanity to savagery, the brilliancy of our hearts to criminality and the piety of the human race to villainity.
Please, every Igbo reading this, pardon the Yoruba's; I personally ask present an unreserved apology. I know some will not like my apology and others still have the rights to be hateful. For such people, pls, pardon the Yoruba's. May we all find the heart to say sorry to the recipients of the brunts of the Civil War.

Nijabazaar, find a place in your heart to forgive the Yoruba's. GOD bless the Igbo's and GOD bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by checkolatunji: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:
On behalf of the Yoruba's (both supportive and non-supportive of my statement here), I apologize for the cruelty of the Civil War. To all my Igbo friends, I'm very sorry for the Red War that turned the beauty of humanity to savagery, the brilliancy of our hearts to criminality and the piety of the human race to villainity.
Please, every Igbo reading this, pardon the Yoruba's; I personally ask present an unreserved apology. I know some will not like my apology and others still have the rights to be hateful. For such people, pls, pardon the Yoruba's. May we all find the heart to say sorry to the recipients of the brunts of the Civil War.

Nijabazaar, find a place in your heart to forgive the Yoruba's. GOD bless the Igbo's and GOD bless Nigeria.

What did yoruba do that you are apologising on there behalf? You well so? Sey na yoruba be nigeria nii wey igbo follow fight war?

Guy respect yourself, I know say you need attention. Stupid igbi pikin

30 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by anticabal1: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
If it is sincere, then accepted, West african subregion will be peaceful in future. I see it as good step towards a truth and reconciliation proceedure for real peace, not the current one we are pretending about in lagos, onitsha and all over the country. Just like the Germans are still apologizing to the Jews.

1 Like

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by anticabal1: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
checkolatunji:

What did yoruba do that you are apologising on there behalf? You well so? Sey na yoruba be nigeria nii wey igbo follow fight war?

Guy respect yourself, I know say you need attention. Stupid igbi pikin

Have you read his post history? Do want real peace or the fake one we show ourselves by smiling fake smiles in lagos, Aba and onitsha etc?
Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Sincere apologies too for the silliness of Nzeogwu and his gang of over ambitious soldiers, who never considered the implications of the heterogeneous nation as handed down to us by greedy slave traders, went on the mission impossible to fix Nigeria.

No matter how noble their intents were, they were crude in their methods and rather too naive.

Your apology is well accepted.

Having said that, we are looking for liberal and matured minds across Nigeria, who will be bold enough to dare the status quo so we can sit down and negotiate Nigeria.

For except negotiate Nigeria, what call the circle of blood will surely continue.

Our fathers failed. we must not fail with them.
IF we discuss and cannot find a common ground, it is not a crime to give ourselves some gap.

13 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by anticabal1: 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Sincere apologies too for the silliness of Nzeogwu and his gang of over ambitious soldiers, who never considered the implications of the heterogeneous nation as handed down to us by greedy slave traders, went on the mission impossible to fix Nigeria.

No matter how noble their intents were, they were crude in their methods and rather too naive.

Your apology is well accepted.

Having said that, we are looking for liberal and matured minds across Nigeria, who will be bold enough to dare the status quo so we can sit down and negotiate Nigeria.

For except negotiate Nigeria, what call the circle of blood will surely continue.

Our fathers failed. we must not fail with them.
IF we discuss and cannot find a common ground, it is not a crime to give ourselves some gap.

I concur.

3 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
There is no reason for silly apologies since the happen has happened. The only thing left to be considered is the consequences of certain blunders. I am afraid to say that one of such consequences is disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria. As far as I am concerned, the train has left the station on a journey of no return.

7 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by kayfra: 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

There were casualties on both sides and either side could have won.

I was not involved in the civil war nor any war and I bear no hatred in my heart towards any tribe. I don't interact or conduct business carrying a burden that is not my own. I speak for myself and my family. Kapish.

5 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by coolzeal(m): 8:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
What good is the apology if we don't have 2nd Niger bridge, no functioning International airport, no seaport. Plus all the entire FG roads in the entire Eastern Region are death traps. The confab report should be implemented or better still, disintegration.

1 Like

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by EastanPower(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001, your apology on behalf of the Yorubas is accepted.

I honestly pray for better relationship between Igbos & Yorubas. It takes a lot of maturity to do what you have done by creating this threa.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by EastanPower(m): 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
xtrorry:
Words of a hypocrite can't dissuade Igbos from taking their collective destiny in their hands.

Odiegwu ooo. Some one has tendered apologies and you write like this? I am Igbo too.

1 Like

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Why are you apologizing when it was obvious they started the war? Ojukwu started that war that claimed the lives of 3 million people out of greed. He and his fellow tribesmen wanted to control Nigeria and annex the lands of the SS. Ask yourself if truly the war was not a war of greed why did biafran soldiers invade Benin City and looted the Central bank there? Why did they try to annex Warri? Why was Warri included in the biafran map even when Delta was never part of the Eastern region? Why did the Niger Delta fight against them? Look stop allowing sentiments to becloud your sense of reasoning. Stop falling for this victim mentality they are using on you. All is fair in war.

6 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by onomeasike: 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ghen-ghen.Remember to send a copy of your silly apology letter to the Akintola and other Yoruba families whose bread winners were killed by the monstrous Igbo-led coupists for endorsement. You will know a bastard even from his posts. Shiorr angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by xtrorry: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
EastanPower:
Odiegwu ooo. Some one has tendered apologies and you right like this? I am Igbo too.

What kind of apology would make one spend a greater part of his time online to castigate a people for opting to seek self-determination?

Inspite of his family relationship with Igbo this is not the first time he's faking repentance and the next minute he's back with his usual invectives and slurs against Igbos just because his people are too scared to be left with their masters.

5 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by MayorofLagos(m): 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

May Edumare.....

dude, dont make me release a curse upon your head. Stop joking with this kind of stuff. angry

Ibo owe Yoruba apology. Next you say something like this i will not be forgiving on your soul.

5 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Weedcrusher: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
Apology accepted

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by raumdeuter: 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

May God and Orisha nla punish you

Who would apologize for my great uncle (Ajalagbe omo kuloodo, Yaagbo yaaju omo kara)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNPzWW3kXVg&list=PL815E8285DE730EC6 murdered in cold blood by Nwobosi and his gang

I am proud of my townsman Benjamin Babamaja Adekunle aka Black Scorpion for making those vagabonds pay. 1 Ogbomosho soul = 1million

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by raumdeuter: 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Dedetwo:
There is no reason for silly apologies since the happen has happened. The only thing left to be considered is the consequences of certain blunders. I am afraid to say that one of such consequences is disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria. As far as I am concerned, the train has left the station on a journey of no return.

Dendemorron how markate? Shey this cold blizzard no reach your side?

2 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by MayorofLagos(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
tombraokoto:
Why are you apologizing when it was obvious they started the war? Ojukwu started that war that claimed the lives of 3 million people out of greed. He and his fellow tribesmen wanted to control Nigeria and annex the lands of the SS. Ask yourself if truly the war was not a war of greed why did biafran soldiers invade Benin City and looted the Central bank there? Why did they try to annex Warri? Why was Warri included in the biafran map even when Delta was never part of the Eastern region? Why did the Niger Delta fight against them? Look stop allowing sentiments to becloud your sense of reasoning. Stop falling for this victim mentality they are using on you. All is fair in war.

The mofos already had their Biafra securely in their grips and all they had to do is startvgoverning within theit own sovereingty and work the diplomatic circle to win friends over, instead long throat pushed them in greedy quest to expand Biafran territory Westward.

Crazy mofos! angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by christopher123(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

I just don't get it. .ok apology accepted but have you peeps shown contrite hearts

Ok is this a way so that the igbo won't go to their country

They can form a nice diplomatic relations with you but not necessarily in same country with you and I don't think they must be in same country

At least they still have the right to accept the apology and also have their country

2 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
tombraokoto:

Ojukwu did not start the war sir.

Nigerians were slaughtering us, we ran home and closed our door.
Nigeria came, brought down the door and continued the killing.

8 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by raumdeuter: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

What happened before Nigeria started slaughtering you? What happened on January 15 1966

3 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by xtrorry: 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
raumdeuter:
What happened before Nigeria started slaughtering you? What happened on January 15 1966

https://www.nairaland.com/2791382/history-igbo-massacre-across-northern
teufelein post:
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on. By the time you read this more would have died. The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

The killings must stop. If you are Igbo and you are still playing the ostrich, it could be you tomorrow, me, or your loved ones.

http://www.may30.org/history-of-igbo-massacre-across-the-northern-nigeria/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Obiodunukwe: 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:
[s]On behalf of the Yoruba's (both supportive and non-supportive of my statement here), I apologize for the cruelty of the Civil War. To all my Igbo friends, I'm very sorry for the Red War that turned the beauty of humanity to savagery, the brilliancy of our hearts to criminality and the piety of the human race to villainity.

Nijabazaar, find a place in your heart to forgive the Yoruba's. GOD bless the Igbo's and GOD bless Nigeria[/s].

This is nonsense

How can you apologise for a war that was orchestrated by Ojukwu and his gullible people? Yorubas played no role apart from watch Igbo self destruct

If you are Yoruba, which I doubt, then you need to go and ask for your parents to take you for spiritual deliverance. A proper beating will be the first step

Apology ko, Apolofuck ni

The Igbos were the architect of their own misfortune and from the latest events, they have not learnt any lesson.

13 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Obiodunukwe: 9:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
xtrorry:

Chessboard, have you lost your job?

How is your daughter?

Has your wife abandoned you to your fate?

10 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Obiodunukwe: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Very simplistic and erroneous analysis

I will like to remind you that Igbo soldiers killed Nigerian politicians and Army officers

You celebrated the death of Ahmadu Bello in the North by making fun of him

As always, the consequences of your actions caught up with you. Remember that there is always reaction after action

Nigeria in its magnanimity allowed food and humanitarian suppliers into the Biafran corridor and your hero, Ojukwu cornered all these supplies to feed himself and his special cabinet, leaving your fathers, mothers and family to starve to death.

How Ojukwu was not tried at the ICJ is still a shock to me. Instead of Igbos to stone him to death upon his return to Nigeria after he ran away and abandoned them, they celebrated and supported his peadophilic act when he married his own god daughter and the daughter of his best friend.

The mor.on even went on to contest to be President of Nigeria- the same country he waged war with. I guess the Igbos paid him back because Hausas got more votes than him even in his Anambra enclave

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by xtrorry: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
Obiodunukwe:

Chessboard, have you lost your job?

How is your daughter?

Has your wife abandoned you to your fate?

Agbameta, the agbo ópá èyín and şépè seller, how market today? I do hope the overdose şépè today didn't find its way into your brain. Well, continue...

2 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by BeClever: 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Why can't you take a break from Igbo/Biafra issues.
A look at ur NL post stinks of Biafra poo..

This can't be good for your health..

Apology for what..
coolzeal:
What good is the apology if we don't have 2nd Niger bridge, no functioning International airport, no seaport. Plus all the entire FG roads in the entire Eastern Region are death traps. The confab report should be implemented.

2 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
noblezone:

Oga leave matter for lawyer. Ojukwu and co started the nonsense that led to the death of over 3 million. That war could have been easily avoided. I'm a Kalabari boy and my grandparents told me how biafran soldiers desecrated our lands and plundered our riches.

4 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by MayorofLagos(m): 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2016
xtrorry:

https://www.nairaland.com/2791382/history-igbo-massacre-across-northern
teufelein post:
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on. By the time you read this more would have died. The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

The killings must stop. If you are Igbo and you are still playing the ostrich, it could be you tomorrow, me, or your loved ones.

I read your list and do not see Ogbomoso on the list. What was the reason for killing Akintola, Ademulegun and his wife, Sobanjo, all Yorubas from West....not North?

3 Likes

Re: I Apologize For The Civil War by Obiodunukwe: 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
xtrorry:

[s]Agbameta, the agbo ópá èyín and şépè seller, how market today? I do hope the overdose şépè today didn't find its way into your brain. Well, continue...[/s]

Agbameta ko, Agbamewa ni

I'm always shocked when elderly men like you behave like kids just because it is an anonymous forum

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Doyin Okupe / 9th NASS: Jostling For Other Principal Offices Intensifies Read More At: Https: / How Cabal Prevented Buhari From Acting On Magu’s Probe Report Since Dec 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.