Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,733 members, 7,959,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly (10991 Views)

Six Days After Shut Down,OAU Senate Building Remains Under Seal / Free Nigerian Navy Past Questions And Answers For Everyone - Download / Supreme Court Changes Mind, Says Stamp And Seal Compulsory For Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by dBard: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
LastMumu:
Fighting off 50 untrained men isn't as difficult as you guys think it is, especially for a well trained soldier like an American Seal.

One of the keys to fighting multiple opponents is ensuring you keep then in a line. Avoid been entangled in a triangle or circle by backtracking, hereby forcing your opponents to come towards you one or two at a time.
You must also be able to know how to use your environment to your advantage and think on your feet. Every darn thing in your surrounding is a weapon and you need to keep moving all through the fight so your opponents won't be able to towards you all at once.

Most soldiers know this.

..and their opponents will be so linear in thought to go one after the other
Even primary school students wen ganging up on another, know the first step to show superiority in numbers and intimidation is to Encircle the person.
It's instinctive..the way a child knows to use his most effective weapon (teeth) once they start erupting.

Getting ppl to come after u one after another IS extremely difficult except u do a tactical run n confront.
True life situation, element of surprise(unknown capabilities)-2/3 ppl max, Once That is lost, it's u and your God.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by MadCow1: 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
charix:
Not even a lion can kill 50 people at a go regardless if sedentary or otherwise. Use common sense and know it's an exaggeration.
The taekwando story is possible but what the man never mentioned is they spar 50 people one after the other, it's a training they do to increase their aerobic, anaerobic and mental capabilities. They do tournaments where they fight people to rise to the next level but at most it's 8 - 10 trained competitors with huge breaks in between.
I repeat again: taekwando practitioners spar with 50 people in a row never at once. A navy seal can kill 20 people at a go with a gun but in hand to hand combat can't take more than 5 or 8.

5 or 8? Even Jesus sef no fit fight 5 people at once.

1 Like

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by MadCow1: 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2016
Navy Seals are not trained to be involved in hand to hand combat as such.

The secret to their success is the element of stealth and surprise.

I have seen their training videos and such and the truth is that they are put through very rigorous sessions and trained to work under water, on land, under extreme weathers and nocturnally.

The Seals also are not used for regular combat missions, their roles are mostly in Rescue missions, infiltration and exfil missions and such single scope missions like assassinations and such.

Fighting 50 persons is just an exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
wordcat:

How old are you?
Does it matter to you?
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 2:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
Hmm una no believe abi? I heard from someone that SEUN OSEWA incapacitated 30 touts at oshodi singlehandedly. soo,if a blogger could do that,then a Seal could do more!!.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Nche95(m): 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
theoptimist298:

That book is even small. Read "the eye witness account of operation redwings and the lost heroes of seal team 10". I bet u wil cry. That's the book the movie Lone survivor is based on. The details are far more bloodier than American Sniper even tho American Sniper is also a very good read
the lone survivor is a very nice... true life story.. those guys fought like gods

1 Like

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
abayomi93:
Hello Nairalanders,and military lovers.My pastor and I were discussing about the killing of Osama bin ladin.He said the Navy seals that were sent to kill bin ladin were Elite special forces.That one SEAL could fight about 50people single handedly.After that,one man in my street said that he learnt takwando,and that he won a black belt.he said he fought 40people single handedly,and that it is on record.soo,I just wanted to know if this could be true. Are they that well trained?

They can disarm you for the next 30 minutes with just one blow.

You think say MARTIAL ARTS be Nigerian movie.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by effyzie01(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2016
Navy SEALs are an elite force among world elite forces. They're bettered only by the British SASs. But even a Nigerian Navy's SBS could take on at least 8 men
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ok
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
effyzie01:
Navy SEALs are an elite force among world elite forces. They're bettered only by the British SASs. But even a Nigerian Navy's SBS could take on at least 8 men
sir,I had always believed that the Nigerian SBS are the most elite of the special forces unit in Nigeria. Could I be right?
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by effyzie01(m): 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
abayomi93:
sir,I had always believed that the Nigerian SBS are the most elite of the special forces unit in Nigeria. Could I be right?

Oh yes, you're right. They're simply the best.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by effyzie01(m): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2016
mkpuruoka:
We watch so much films these days that we always want to explain everything out along that line. That is the trap you seem to have fallen into. The US Navy SEALS is an elite force. It is sort of an infiltration force. Lets go back a little bit. During the second world war, the US PT team, as the US elite forces were known then really aided the allied forces victory. Without the them “longest day” or the” D day” which ever way you want to refer to it would have been written in favour of the Hitler’s German Third Reich. The success of the PT teams encouraged JF Kennedy to mandate the American Armed Forces ( NAVY, ARMY AIR FORCE AND THE MARINES) to set up special Forces for special operations.

The Army set up the Green Berets, Night Stalkers, Rangers and the and the popular Delta Force(The 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D).
The Navy set up the special Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) under the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (or DEVGRU), often referred to as SEAL Team Six ( the popular SEALS that you know)
The Marine has MARSOC and RECON.
The Air Force established the 24th Special Tactics Squadron and the Air Force Special Operations
The CIA though not a recipient of the presidential order set up the most secret, the toughest and most elite SAD (special activities division)known as the Black Ops and you have to have been a member of be one of the previously mentioned special forces to be considered.

special operations are military activities conducted by specially designated, organized, trained, and equipped forces, manned with selected personnel, using unconventional tactics, equipment, techniques, and modes of employment. These activities may be conducted across the full range of military operations, independently or with conventional forces. Most times, politico-military considerations may require clandestine or covert techniques and the acceptance of a degree of political or military risk not associated with operations by conventional forces.

Their primary role is to conduct sabotage, reconnaissance, subversion and other special operations on the territory of foreign countries. In wartime, they may also be assigned tasks such as intelligence-gathering, the seizure or destruction of key installations( most times behind enemy lines), the conduct of psychological operations or the organization of insurgencies in the enemy’s rear area. They may be involved in direct action and or military assistance to friendly nations in order to undertake difficult, dangerous and sometimes politically sensitive missions.

THE SEALS (SEa, Air and Land);
Of all the above, the seals stand out. Read about them to understand better. The navy selects 1,000 of its best boys form all its formations and grills them for about a year and half and only about 20% pass through. If many still remain, the simulated hell of Hell’s Week weeds them. You have to through pass super human endurance levels, trained razor sharp and after passing through survival, evasion, escape and resistance training they become harder than diamond. In all USA wars they have always be given “those assignments nobody wants”. They constitute a very, very little faction of their forces though they handle the toughest ”actions” , they have lowest casualty/activity figures and win the most medals. Sure a SEAL could(WILL) outsmart 100 regular soldiers. Yes. Remember a war is not a wrestling match. It is not a face to face thing. IT IS ALL ABOUT TACTICS AND STRATEGY.

You're truly knowledgeable. I doff my hat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Does it matter to you?

Yeah it does, for you to believe that a Seal member (one man)can take on 50 Naija naval officers!
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Tweak2k: 10:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
VocalWalls:
You're joking...
maybe not
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Pdizzle(m): 7:28am On Jan 26, 2016
JonSnow:
5 of my "guys" armed with 2' by 4' inches plank will take down any Seal -or whatever they are called. undecided
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Pdizzle(m): 7:31am On Jan 26, 2016
wordcat:

Yeah it does, for you to believe that a Seal member (one man)can take on 50 Naija naval officers!

I wonder how they think. 50 men? 5 sef too much. Talkless of naval officers. Even these special forces are not trained to take on such no of people, though they have combat trainings.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2016
Pdizzle:

I wonder how they think. 50 men? 5 sef too much. Talkless of naval officers. Even these special forces are not trained to take on such no of people, though they have combat trainings.

Imagine that?
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 26, 2016
wordcat:

From 50 men to naija naval officers ..
u amaze me, what about 50 world strongest men??
D question is "Can a seal take on 50 'men'?".... ans is YES, no matter how he does it... an indian soldier once took on 40 thugs in a train with only knive, he sustained very serious injuries, but he's nothing compared to a SEAL... #peace smiley
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2016
mkpuruoka:
We watch so much films these days that we always want to explain everything out along that line. That is the trap you seem to have fallen into. The US Navy SEALS is an elite force. It is sort of an infiltration force. Lets go back a little bit. During the second world war, the US PT team, as the US elite forces were known then really aided the allied forces victory. Without the them “longest day” or the” D day” which ever way you want to refer to it would have been written in favour of the Hitler’s German Third Reich. The success of the PT teams encouraged JF Kennedy to mandate the American Armed Forces ( NAVY, ARMY AIR FORCE AND THE MARINES) to set up special Forces for special operations.

The Army set up the Green Berets, Night Stalkers, Rangers and the and the popular Delta Force(The 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D).
The Navy set up the special Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT) under the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (or DEVGRU), often referred to as SEAL Team Six ( the popular SEALS that you know)
The Marine has MARSOC and RECON.
The Air Force established the 24th Special Tactics Squadron and the Air Force Special Operations
The CIA though not a recipient of the presidential order set up the most secret, the toughest and most elite SAD (special activities division)known as the Black Ops and you have to have been a member of be one of the previously mentioned special forces to be considered.

special operations are military activities conducted by specially designated, organized, trained, and equipped forces, manned with selected personnel, using unconventional tactics, equipment, techniques, and modes of employment. These activities may be conducted across the full range of military operations, independently or with conventional forces. Most times, politico-military considerations may require clandestine or covert techniques and the acceptance of a degree of political or military risk not associated with operations by conventional forces.

Their primary role is to conduct sabotage, reconnaissance, subversion and other special operations on the territory of foreign countries. In wartime, they may also be assigned tasks such as intelligence-gathering, the seizure or destruction of key installations( most times behind enemy lines), the conduct of psychological operations or the organization of insurgencies in the enemy’s rear area. They may be involved in direct action and or military assistance to friendly nations in order to undertake difficult, dangerous and sometimes politically sensitive missions.

THE SEALS (SEa, Air and Land);
Of all the above, the seals stand out. Read about them to understand better. The navy selects 1,000 of its best boys form all its formations and grills them for about a year and half and only about 20% pass through. If many still remain, the simulated hell of Hell’s Week weeds them. You have to through pass super human endurance levels, trained razor sharp and after passing through survival, evasion, escape and resistance training they become harder than diamond. In all USA wars they have always be given “those assignments nobody wants”. They constitute a very, very little faction of their forces though they handle the toughest ”actions” , they have lowest casualty/activity figures and win the most medals. Sure a SEAL could(WILL) outsmart 100 regular soldiers. Yes. Remember a war is not a wrestling match. It is not a face to face thing. IT IS ALL ABOUT TACTICS AND STRATEGY.

You nailed it mehn.. thumbs up wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
GloryIsaac:

From 50 men to naija naval officers ..
u amaze me, what about 50 world strongest men??
D question is "Can a seal take on 50 'men'?".... ans is YES, no matter how he does it... an indian soldier once took on 40 thugs in a train with only knive, he sustained very serious injuries, but he's nothing compared to a SEAL... #peace smiley

How is it my fault when you choose to reply without reading my post?

One man whether a Seal or a Stamp CANNOT live to tell his stories with 50 men.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
wordcat:

How is it my fault when you choose to reply without reading my post?

One man whether a Seal or a Stamp CANNOT live to tell his stories with 50 men.
you think fighting is about throwing punches abi.better go and make research.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
abayomi93:
you think fighting is about throwing punches abi.better go and make research.

Researcher!
Socrates!!
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
wordcat:

Researcher!
Socrates!!
bro socrates was a great man oh. But I wud like to be called plato.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
abayomi93:
bro socrates was a great man oh. But I wud like to be called plato.

Plato ko?
Aristotle ni
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by abayomi93(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
wordcat:

Plato ko?
Aristotle ni
bros ar u trying to vex me? Anyways,I can't fight only you because I am a Navy seal.go and call 50 of your guys to join you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by wordcat(m): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
abayomi93:
bros ar u trying to vex me? Anyways,I can't fight only you because I am a Navy seal.go and call 50 of your guys to join you.

Hahahaha don't worry about my Guys cos I'm a Navy Stamp.
Re: A Navy Seal Can Fight About 50people Single Handedly by lekzytaker(m): 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
I don't really think it is possible unless the seal uses a weapon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABTI-American University of Nigeria, Yobe / JAMB Extends Closing Date To Febraury 5th / Companies Offering International Student Loans To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.