Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie (26168 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / PDP Blasts Buhari:'Your 16yr Old Daughter Flew First Class To London Today'(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by myfantasies(f): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Young03:
Sorry swity, ur too young to be my mother
hapi sunday 2u
Don't let my face fool you

I am older than you think
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Young03(m): 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Iffa hear where do u live
myfantasies:
Don't let my face fool you
I am older than you think
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by ifeomamaria: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
I sensed that Buhari did not know what he is coming to do when at d initial time he refused to honour d invitation to tell people how he wants to achieve his campeing promises. He kept on giving excuses that he did now want Nigeria press interview. Any way, may God interven in our condition.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by lomprico(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
Cardinal please face your calling. undecided
That's what he is doing!
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by lomprico(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
odu1989:
I'm very sure huge offering and tithes have ceased that's why you are ds complaining.
He has since retired!
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by lomprico(m): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
kayroy5:
Bishop of cultists
Hey, run along to where your mates are watching ben ten on cartoon network and leave the adults deliberate in important issues.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Alwaystruth: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wailing wailers galore everywhere. Hahahaha..The initial wailers have been transformed to independent minded men
that exist without caring whether govt performs or not while the Sai baba chanters have lately turned to wailing wailers and lying liars.
Well, Bishop, some of you men of God or God of men claimed that Bubu is God's messenger or the Messiah to savage this country and we are still waiting for signs that God's hands are in it or is it God's desire that Nigerians should suffer more?. Any body believing that Bubu and his bunch of criminal teams will perform wonders is deluding himself in idiocracy and self destruct. This administration is quasi-military and inexplicably doomed to fail and disappoint the masses.
Very soon, there will be no money to pay civil servants their salaries, massive retrenchment looms in the civil service and then jungle will mature unless God really intervenes. In no distance time Nigerians will start seeing the real two faces of change. Btw, the change is already here and we should all stop complaining, there is no more court of law in our land,is this not change?. There is no more rule of law in our country ,isn't that part of the change?. Now $1=₦305 from $1 to ₦190 this administration met it, isn't this a sign of change?. Federal character killed in secular state like Nigeria and replaced by Northernercracy,isn't this wind of change?.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by lomprico(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnmartus:
some people bent to destroy this government with their hateful speech which i believes they will not succeed instead to praise the president for his archievement with just short period he assumed the office these so called men of GOD have skeleton in their cupboard if not they will not utter rubbish. they suppose give their support to mr president instead of jugular remark
Name/list just one of the achivements
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by lomprico(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ehinmola:
Hmmmmmmmm______
The change may be biting now but the end result will be so good like the yoruba adage that says tribal marks are given in pains but beauty is the end result. Let us endure for the future of this great nation
Remember Jerry Rawlins of Ghana did a similar thing to the extent of execution of corrupt leaders. PMB is yet to execute and u all are calling him names. Anyway the guilty must be afraid
Rawlings executed d corrupt without any corrupt officer in his cabinet. Buhari cant try that because his cabinet is riddled with the corrupt infact it was the corrupt that gave him power.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by viccassi(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
G1gbolahan:
Very wrong insinuation. I understand the Cardinal's worries but this statement goes too far and loses sense. How else can the war against corruption be fought to achieve better than this. Accused people are in court as far as I know and that some information sneak into media is only testament to good journalism which the President encouraged. So as far as the anti-corruption war is concerned, I know for sure that this administration is on course. My only problem with the war is that we are still too slow because of the courts, we should be moving faster as far as I am concerned, and the fact that the Cardinal failed to acknowledge the good in this war which is for all Nigerians rubbishes the statement for me.

There is a short and long way of carrying out some functions. The president has decided to follow the long way. He should amend the constitution which will be armed to reduce corruption and also take care of the Judiciary. So far, Buhari has not started anything.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Lobolintin(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
yaki84:

bobo ur tithes nko?
make I send u acct details make u forward am.
I rep evangelical peoples ministry incorporated, a branch of undiluted assembly ministry aka wonders never end!

Chizoz...

Which branch u dey rep
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by yaki84: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lobolintin:

Chizoz...
Which branch u dey rep

ekondo branch
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by MrMandilas: 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
onatisi:
Nigerians will learn and realize what many are warning about buhari now in a bitter hard manner 12months from now.
Change is decietful.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by dbestuncle: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
LordVarys:
Cardinal Okogie has been a thorn in every govt from Abacha, to OBJ to Jonathan now Buhari.
The man says the truth n what do even expect from a man of God than the truth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by ImpactWorld(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Islie:

Governors, who arm-twisted Okonjo Iweala into signing out our reserves held by Central Bank, are today ministers in the APC government. We are still talking about change and corruption when old things refuse to pass away! These political gimmicks can only carry away gullible or naive Nigerians
“Our Change must change something. How could we continue to talk of change in a static system? How could we be talking of change when the same crew are governors, ministers, senators, and members of the House of Representatives?

This is a cyclical devolution of power to the same people who are never out of power! “What sort of change is the President talking about? When will the youth take over when even a governor does not take a bow and go? When shall we plan for the replacement of delinquent leadership? This is what constitutes change.
What sort of change is this that ignores the glaring un-equal distribution of national income?
It is absurd that the same government that is unable to pay N18, 000 per month to the lowest grade of labour can afford to pay N1.8 Million per month to anyone in the economy.

Why must tax payers’ money be used to feed Mr. President and his family?
“Why must the tax payers’ money be used to buy brand new exotic vehicles for the legislatures, judges, ministers and governors when they are heavily paid?
Why don’t they use loan finance and mortgage finance to buy their cars and houses?
This is also a form of looting and it is the cause of grounding the economy and calling in IMF spin-doctor all the time.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by ivili(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Omenkata:
grin

God always provides elijah in any useless administration
ask Ahab grin
Lol,the way you said we should ask Ahab was funny,like he is some dude from one village we can call to confirm his experience.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nykirjuliette(m): 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
[quote author=dearpreye post=42
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Scholarforever: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
Cardinal please face your calling. undecided
Correcting and advising the govt is also a part of his calling. Bishop Desmond Tutu was outspoken in d days of apartheid in SA.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Splashme: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Tranquill:
This is 'buyers remorse' from Cardinal Okogie. He rooted for Buhari thinking that a leopard will ever change it's spot by mere bathing in the rain. I'm sure others will be bold now to start speaking out.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by orisa37: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Very forthright. They said about one who was trying to change for good that he was clueless. Obama gave them those mantras. No one knew during the election that real changelessness and cluelessness would begin now. Let those who have ears listen to the voices of the Apostles of Christ.
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Lobolintin(m): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
yaki84:

ekondo branch

Better pikin,...Nah me dey rep Eko branch ooo
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by tiwasiaife(m): 12:19am On Jan 25, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has drawn the attention of Nigerians to the ‘harmful consequences’ of the unabated negative statements from the very father of the nation, President Muhammadu Buhari, on the economy and the general image of the country. The party said “it is worrisome that in the last six months, the President, instead of making efforts to harness resources and grow the economy, has rather continued to apply himself, perhaps unwittingly, to demarketing the nation and scaring away investors through negative labelling of Nigerians and unwarranted unhealthy portrayal of the nation’s economy”. The PDP, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, on Sunday said the President’s unwary statements have become very serious clog in the wheel of progress, eroding the confidence of both domestic and international investors in the Nigerian economic and social system. “In the last six months, our President has only succeeded in discouraging foreign investors with his continued misrepresentation of our country as a business unfriendly environment, where most of the citizens are basically corrupt, dishonest, and cannot be trusted. “Whereas we have restated our total support for the war against corruption, we insist that Mr. President’s unceasing blanket negative labelling of citizens, in a country where millions of honest and hardworking individuals/firms are genuinely contributing daily to the development effort, is indeed a disservice and injurious to the nation and the people. “Furthermore, Mr. President’s recent announcement to the world that the nation, with its abundant human and natural resources, is broke and cannot pay cabinet ministers not only sends a discouraging signal to the domestic and international business community, but also exposes the ineptitude of the present administration to meaningfully and sincerely exert itself and work with industrious and innovative investors to create and manage wealth. “We ask; how can any reasonable investor still have the confidence to invest in a country where the President himself continues to alert that his country reeks of corrupt people and that the government is broke to the extent it cannot pay cabinet ministers? “Is the President not directly advising investors against having confidence in Nigeria and the system, and that they risk not being paid for jobs awarded by government at any level? “More worrisome is the fact that Mr. President most times, makes his damaging comments in international fora with potential investors in attendance to the extent that reminds one of the proverbial father who, in the presence of potential suitors, often portrays his daughters as wayward and yet constantly complain of their inability to find husbands. “Indeed, this is not the way to go, Nigeria is a country blessed with abundant human and natural resources. What we need at the moment is a serious, innovative and practical approach with the capacity to harness the resources and create wealth for the benefit of all, instead of an apparently laidback scapegoat tactics with outworn excuses and unhelpful comments. “May we remind Mr. President that even in the darkest period of our economic challenges, successive administrations made efforts in steadying the economy, while always reassuring our citizens and the international community of the strength and economic potentials of our great nation. “We know that in the desperation to cover its apparent lack of economic plan, this administration has positioned cabinet ministers, upon inauguration to concentrate on diversionary blame game on the past PDP administration. But even this political deceit cannot combat the unpalatable consequences of Mr. President’s damaging utterances on the image of the nation and its economy. “Finally, we wish to remind the President and those around him that Nigerians, by the 2015 elections, have committed the fate of the country in his hands for the next four years and are not willing to accept excuses for any economic failures under his watch,” the party said. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top- news/192480-buharis-statements-de-marketing- nigeria-pdp-says.html
Re: Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2016
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Outcome Of Meeting By Fayose, Kashamu, Mimiko / Photos Of Saraki At CCT Today As His Trial Commenced Again / I’m Not Perfect, Forgive My Mistake – Lalong Begs Catholic Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.