Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 (46487 Views)

Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by emecheboy2(m): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Which state please? my father never went to school this way.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by kenoz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
What ?

Why are the students not wearing anything, not even pant
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by kenoz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
What ?

Why are the students not wearing anything, not even pant ??
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by RealYaks: 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
femidejulius:
This picture is a very big lie.

In 1950,most of the schools are owned, managed and maintained by foreigners most of which are missionaries. Are you insinuating the the Oyinbos manage this place? Lies and lies.. Tell me exactly where this picture with this good quality was snapped back then.

This picture was most probably snapped more recently going by the picture quality and the quality of the so called classroom.
Right on track!!! This is exactly what I'm going to say.
I wonder most people on nairaland have no sense, just see useless comments instead of reasoning with the quality of the picture.... I'm so ashamed of the moderator that move this to front page.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Kgdavid(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sacramento4real:
Nah. looks more like a church then.

You can't see the schoolbag at the feet of the boy in the last row?
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Yugoos: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
This is not true. It should be in1800's. OP stop misleading people. We had clothes and good missionary and British schools in 1950.
Gerrarahia mehn

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Bestbeelieve: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
femidejulius:
This picture is a very big lie.

In 1950,most of the schools are owned, managed and maintained by foreigners most of which are missionaries. Are you insinuating the the Oyinbos manage this place? Lies and lies.. Tell me exactly where this picture with this good quality was snapped back then.

This picture was most probably snapped more recently going by the picture quality and the quality of the so called classroom.
Thank you.Bunch of lies. I do not know why we are quick to believe trash. We had great civilizations in Africa and our cultures are testimony to that.I will never accept such trash propaganda.open your eyes Africans and belive in your greatness.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Geesarki(m): 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
soludo93:
This isn't applicable in the south that past this level before the coming of white men . this must be in the north. some still dress like this to school even at this age.

I understand ur hatred for the north is hereditary. But go nd ask ur grandfather mayb u are too dumb to know. The Kanem Borno empire was in existence as far back as 900BC. All the Hausa/Fulani Kingdom where engaged in both import nd export of textile materials as far back as 1500 BC. This was wen d Igbos were still in caves living wit d baboons. Go nd ask ur history teacher on trans-saharan trade in Northern Nigeria.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Where are the we were better during colonization crew ?

Smh
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by jericco1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
basty:

Don't mind those gullible minds, It is a ruse and can never believe a school in 1950 Nigeria will be like this.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by WIZGUY69(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
hodusglobal:
Not only in the North, it happens here too in Ibadan which the students were still sitting on the window frames and also on the floor...May God Almighty change Nigeria for us...

it's a common phenomenon here in alaibo. cool
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by BABANGBALI: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
the school vickyrotex,msglobalwonder,freeglobe,chukwudi44,seun,lalasticlala,rokiatu,funjosh,tonyebarcanista,eleko1 and seun attended grin grin grin
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by banio: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Anyway na way
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by BABANGBALI: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
kay29000:
1950 or 1850?
100AD
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Dexema(m): 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Tayepee:
na something of past you dey say end time for, Abi??... just say amen and leave the rest bro... " receive sense in JESUS name "... ame..
I leave you for the rest.
we don see you, oya take N5 go buy biscuit.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by amtaken(f): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
And some people will be shouting "the good old days".
adesegun121:
Source say this was a classroom in Nigeria in 1950; 10 years before independence. We need to admit that the white man really helped us...they brought us civilization but now we don dey wise pass them. Lol!

See more pics @ : http://gist4kids..com.ng/2016/01/see-picture-of-classroom-in-nigeria-in.html

Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Greatzeus(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Another bulls**t picture from a blogger without integrity,just to draw traffic undecided
Why not just say a picture of a school in 1950's,then we would know it could be from anywhere.Oh the principal who took the pic sent it to you after 65 years? or you just stumbled on a pic on the net and decided behind your keyboard to attach Nigeria to it to draw traffic
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by ikhibones(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
adesegun121:
Source say this was a classroom in Nigeria in 1950; 10 years before independence. We need to admit that the white man really helped us...they brought us civilization but now we don dey wise pass them. Lol!

See more pics @ : http://gist4kids..com.ng/2016/01/see-picture-of-classroom-in-nigeria-in.html

oga na lie..abeg go sleep..1950 for here wey pple dey go beta skul managed by missionaries nd white men..oboy infact u dull
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by chisupport: 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Chai!!!! e don tey wey africa dey carry last.....Chineke mee're anyi ebere !!! shocked tongue shocked...see as all of them tie jazz for their waists .
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by spinoff: 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
vedaxcool:
We have come a long way. Corruption keeps holding us back.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by onoja12: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
first thing first the white didn't bring us civilization, we gave them civilization, go and read your history but if you don't have time, you can Google where the oldest university in the world is ,and if it was built by whites

adesegun121:

Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by makizee(m): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lie, This is not Nigeria
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by DIIGZ(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Go †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ Ikolaba high school,Agodi GRA the one wearing green because Ikolaba is 2,the other one is ikolaba grammar school very close †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ govt house,so go †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ the other one wearing green along custom,the state of the school is so bad
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by DIIGZ(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
AAFESTUS:
where in ibadan?I can be of help!
Go †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ Ikolaba high school,Agodi GRA the one wearing green because Ikolaba is 2,the other one is ikolaba grammar school very close †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ govt house,so go †̥O̶̷̩̥̊͡ the other one wearing green along custom,the state of the school is so bad
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by kinglekan: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
BumBae:

See romance section guys grin for pic
Omg is that kinglekan on the left ... shocked

Why u con put hand for knee dey look my face? U neva see fine boi before? grin

She neva even get yansh dt time. undecided
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Bonj(m): 6:37am On Jan 25, 2016
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!
VERY WRONG!!
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Mbediogu(m): 8:35am On Jan 25, 2016
Elhabeeb1:

The difference between the north and south is that since before the coming of the white man, northerners do wear cloths unlike some people that run around naked.
m
mk

I bet u neva heard about Koma
tribe of mambilla plateau. I am
talking of this day and age
not even b4 the coming of the
whiteman.
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2016
kinglekan:

Why u con put hand for knee dey look my face? U neva see fine boi before? grin

She neva even get yansh dt time. undecided
Lol ,, abeg free my yansh jare lol grin
Fine boi lekinz wink
Re: See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 by kinglekan: 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
BumBae:

Lol ,, abeg free my yansh jare lol grin
Fine boi lekinz wink

Free gini? Iffa hear say i free ur yansh. grin grin

Yes ke... na me be that grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

18 Interesting Pictures From The Past You’ve Probably Not Seen Before / Covenant Polytechnic Student Dies In Accident After Graduation (Photos) / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.