Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play (8333 Views)

Igbos Cannot Play Opposition Politics - Ngige / Pdp And The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria. / Can My Igbo Brothers Endure Opposition Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin

Lalasticlala already asleep?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MabraO: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
This mumu op don come with her mumu post again..
Ur posts re always irrelevant
Abeg go back to ur pure water business

11 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by TimeManager(m): 8:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP is playing opposition with her heart but her head is a little far from it. #doublestandards. If your write up had been the impression you created on the radio, your claptrap would have been pardonable. Besides, when has bloodykiller become mizmycoli's bloody handbag. I guess someone has not yet returned your feeding bottle.
The truth has spoken!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by BeardedMeat(m): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Topeakintola:
Attention seeker is here again

Let your words and actions do the talking instead of self publicity

Nobody cares if you went on air or not. Stop patronizing us

Oh you really care! Over-care dey worry you sef. In you the Op has an ardent admirer and a great fan that's why you are following her thread upandan and I am sure she has noticed you and will appreciate you later. Wait for your turn. wink

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
TimeManager:
OP is playing opposition with her heart but her head is a little far from it. #doublestandards. If your write up had been the impression you created on the radio, your claptrap would have been pardonable. Besides, when has bloodykiller become mizmycoli's bloody handbag. I guess someone has not yet returned your feeding bottle.
The truth has spoken!
[/s]
still talking like a frustrated market woman grow up dude

Your trash is stale tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
MabraO:
This mumu op don come with her mumu post again..
Ur posts re always irrelevant
Abeg go back to ur pure water business
[/s]

then swerve

it takes irrelevant person to discover relevant post

Roger that and shatap tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by BeardedMeat(m): 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mynd44:
Me when I hear the term "opposition" from tribalists
I thougt mods were supposed to be neutral? Loling...
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MabraO: 6:35am On Jan 25, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]

then swerve

it takes irrelevant person to discover relevant post

Roger that and shatap tongue

I can see how u always defending mizmycoli
Ur foolishness is raised to d power 5

5 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MabraO: 8:32am On Jan 25, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]

shatap and get out
zombie forming human.

I'll always defend her because he's better than 95% of you bunch of zombies cheesy

Good!
Go on with that

Disappointing thread
The op tot with her useless interview with one Yeye radio she was gonna make an impact here on NL sorry miss u miss road nobody gonna ever take u serious again
Best u go back to ur romance, FG, religion nd celebrate section

7 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by normrebel(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2016
So I hear Sahara Reporters has been flying an article "raising concerns about Buhari's health"?
Let me be the first to disabuse any notions of Buhari's ill health from your mind. The man is hale and hearty. He is like akwara anu, what the Igbos fondly call "atakata agbupu". Hausas call it "jani n jaka", I don't know what the Yorubas call it, but you know it - that piece of meat that refuses to get chewed and by extension, swallowed!
You will chew and chew and chew until you spit it out in frustration.
So Sahara Reporters, nice try but no show. Any attempts to use that yeye rumour to buy sympathy for our very own, home grown maximum ruler will not work. No sympathies, he signed on for the job and we are sure he knew his own capacity before accepting to take it on.
We are not moved.
My prayer for Nda Buhari is that he will live long to receive a resounding rejection at the 2019 polls. He will not chicken out by claiming ill health or even attempting to die.
Mbanu!
*in Orubebe's voice* We wee nor tekkit!
Any attempts to fall sick or die on the job, holy ghost fayaaaaaaaaa!
Amen!
I have added your long life to my prayer points Sir, it is well with you.
You must enjoy four years of opposition dogging your every footstep.
PS: All of you rejoicing that the man is sick, no go peme before the man o. Focus jare, opposition is sweet!

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by luvinhubby(m): 6:32am On Jan 30, 2016
Mynd44:
What made her a tribalist is because she choose to criticise the ruling party & govt. that you support, that is outrageous from a mod.
There is little or no hope for Nigeria with such level of intolerance and tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by zurine(f): 6:40am On Jan 30, 2016
hmm
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by mcee1(m): 6:42am On Jan 30, 2016
This female IBOB youth again

4 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by mcee1(m): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2016
luvinhubby:

What made her a tribalist is because she choose to criticise the ruling party & govt. that you support, that is outrageous from a mod.
There is little or no hope for Nigeria with such level of intolerance and tribalism.
Ur sister OP d tribalist will need the advice more than any one

6 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MabraO: 6:45am On Jan 30, 2016
How did this trash hit front page.
Nairaland don baje
A thread that has nothing substantial

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by thewarrior72: 6:46am On Jan 30, 2016
Mynd44:
^^^look who is calling someone a tribalist! What an irony

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by repogirl(f): 6:47am On Jan 30, 2016
They don't want the hard truths but we will keep giving it to them, the way it really is. They want yes men and sycophantic support, they want people just bobbing their heads up-down and supporting every rubbish move and decision made.

No one ever gets better without a challenge, if you are not being challenged, then something is wrong somewhere.

Good one Mizmycoli, they will keep hearing the opposition's hard criticsms whether they like it or not, they had better get used to it.

4 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 30, 2016
I think the lady is making sense. Critics should read where she stated that she has decided. That's like taking a turn to be a new person. I welcome her new direction.
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by luvinhubby(m): 6:57am On Jan 30, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
OP

I'm very interested if you addressed your claim that 105 soldiers are missing.

Last year the OP was the one that started the fake rumour that 105 soldiers died. She even went to the extent of lying that she spoke to her soldier friend who confirmed it. Such a very bad liar.

Any further developments?

Did you address this issue?

Was it a fake rumour?

Premium times that broke news did a follow up to it stating that they stand by there publication on the 135 MIA soldiers, so what is rumour there?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Ahmeduana(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2016
MizMyColi:
smiley
NO BE BEREMX I DEY SEE SO? NA MY EYES DEY DECEIVE ME?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2016
Mynd44:
calling some1 a tribalist makes u 1 too... olila ko che.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by ndcide(m): 7:25am On Jan 30, 2016
@MizmyColi,

Nice one I must say. But this position will be a little difficult because even the ruling party is still in the militancy mode.

No room for healing, no convergence, nothing.

Until the ruling party shows magnanimity, I'm sorry, it will remain that way. Do you sincerely think it's the ruling party that's being attacked. There are some persons in the media who are in touch with both the state and federal government to coordinate the narrative in the media space.

A hint, when Ambode was sworn in, there was an onslaught against him particularly after the fashola issue. Despite his efforts to kick start his government , he received so much bashing. I know people in the media who intervened and ensued calm. ... I know you understand this very well.

The ruling party can't always be in the attack mode and you won't expect such negative energy all over. I'll stop at this point.

You got beauty and brain.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by thewarrior72: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎
Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎
Nice to hear this from one(if not only) of the female critic of this authoritarian government of Foolharri. My advise to u, don't let ur voice to be swallowed and tranpledled by the one line irrational and changi chanting ZOMBIES. As for me i believe in the law of give and take, if it will take lying and propaganda to discredit this government, then I'm in.
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by stinggy(m): 7:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Mizmycoli, you finally realized opposition is not about criticising every govt effort (even when it seem obvious those policies are meant to benefit the masses) but to put the love of the nation first. That's clever. Never too late...

Lovely studio shot btw wink

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by 49cents(m): 7:56am On Jan 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎
Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎

Miz m....Ada anji ejemba. Jisike!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Appoints 18 Special Assistants On Gender / See What An NYSC Corps Member Wrote On Ballot Boxes During Election (photos). / Meet 13 Families That Control The World, Number 5 will shock you.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.