Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play (8318 Views)

Igbos Cannot Play Opposition Politics - Ngige / Pdp And The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria. / Can My Igbo Brothers Endure Opposition Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Travejyke(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎
Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎

Interesting read!the problem is that most Nigerians have misconstrued the meaning of opposition. People rather than criticize constructively have thrown caution into the air and have said all sort of malicious things to malign the president. Truth is no leader be it GEJ or PMB deserve any abuse. My take.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by iPopAlomo(m): 8:20am On Jan 30, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Rubbish

I've not derailed the thread. I simply asked her a relevant question

She made a claim last year that 105 soldiers are missing and we are to finalise that issue

Does she have any further info on that issue?

Did she address the issue at the so called interview?

Or did she go there to ask for the release of Metuh who stole N400 million public money?

Cc: MizMyColi... just in case you didn't see it... did you on radio... ask for the release of your brother... Olisa Metuh who ate our yam...?!

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Moz22: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2016
because u went on air..that's d reason u said all this. You definitely can't exhibit that hatred u have for APC and Buhari going bck at what you have said in time past here on nairaland. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by cococandy(f): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2016
Jealousy
asEdeyHOT:

I wonder ooo

She was campaigning for the release of Olisa Metuh, how about Dasuki and the northerners in custody?

Opposition politics, PDP style.

This is the second thread on her radio appearance like anyone gives a damn.

What are your suggestions to solve the nuisance called IPOb?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by digitite: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2016
It's none of my Goddam bizness. Over to vizkiz.
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by zicoraads: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2016
Mynd44:
Me when I hear the term "opposition" from tribalists
You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by chesterlee(m): 10:25am On Jan 30, 2016
zicoraads:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I wonder why Seun chose a Bigot as a Mod?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by zicoraads: 10:36am On Jan 30, 2016
chesterlee:

I wonder why Seun chose a Bigot as a Mod?
He is, through and through. And also a kid! I know why he always yelps and acts all childish whenever he sees MizMyColi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by chesterlee(m): 10:41am On Jan 30, 2016
zicoraads:

He is, through and through. And also a kid! I know why he always yelps and acts all childish whenever he sees MizMyColi.

Why does he act that way?

That's totally unacceptable from a Mod...
That's why I'll always doff my cap for Lalastic! He's a true definition of what a Mod should be like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by shaqhead: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
OP

I'm very interested if you addressed your claim that 105 soldiers are missing.

Last year the OP was the one that started the fake rumour that 105 soldiers died. She even went to the extent of lying that she spoke to her soldier friend who confirmed it. Such a very bad liar.

Any further developments?

Did you address this issue?
Seriously, reading Mizmycoli gloat over the "missing/dead" 105 soldiers that even Boko Haram said nothing about even till this very moment clearly exposed her underbelly and wittingly or unwittingly she became a bokoharam sympathizer. Now she wants us to believe the contrary! She wont respond to this and it eats at her that we keep asking her this question anytime she pops her beautiful face around here. Anyway, her minions are doing her dirty job in the hope that we would forget and move on.

Coli ur words are as transparent as a restaurant curtain!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Aspireahead(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2016
shaqhead:

Seriously, reading Mizmycoli gloat over the "missing/dead" 105 soldiers that even Boko Haram said nothing about even till this very moment clearly exposed her underbelly and wittingly or unwittingly she became a bokoharam sympathizer. Now she wants us to believe the contrary! She wont respond to this and it eats at her that we keep asking her this question anytime she pops her beautiful face around here. Anyway, her minions are doing her dirty job in the hope that we would forget and move on.

Coli ur words are as transparent as a restaurant curtain!
come..na she get premiumtimes?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by An0nimus: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2016
This your font Mizmycoli. Always feels like my eyes are being hit by a hammer every time I try to read your posts.
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by oluamid(m): 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
@mzmycoli

True is:

The precedence you have set would not in anyway make the neutrals like me take you seriously. I understand that the media have a status conferral system which you may be trying to tap into. That's good for you.

However, the ethnic and sentimental kind of politics you play here on Nairaland has put a lie to all the things you wrote up there. Maybe there is a chance you have repented and want to criticise as a patriot - but that remains to be seen.

Trust me, a lot of people: the not so popular Nairaland people, are watching what plays out here. And when you try to go public and bring your opinions to the 'real life arena' we will judge you by your actions here.

Hopefully you have repented and now truly a patriot. Time will tell.

Have a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by shaqhead: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
Aspireahead:

come..na she get premiumtimes?
Go back and read her words if she hasnt deleted it.

If she was ONLY quoting Premiumtimes I wont say a thing but she kept on telling us she got the CONFIRMED info from her soldier friend with those gruesome pics to boot and wouldnt let it rest even when she was told otherwise. She said she was seeking justice for the families of the soldiers grin grin grin
Now she and you folks pray we dont talk about it!

Oga am just harping on this so she knows we dont forget!

If mizmycoli has turned a new leaf...I wish her well in her new found adventure!

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by shaqhead: 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
oluamid:
@mzmycoli

True is:

The precedence you have set would not in anyway make the neutrals like me take you seriously. I understand that the media have a status conferral system which you may be trying to tap into. That's good for you.

However, the ethnic and sentimental kind of politics you play here on Nairaland has put a lie to all the things you wrote up there. Maybe there is a chance you have repented and want to criticise as a patriot - but that remains to be seen.

Trust me, a lot of people: the not so popular Nairaland people, are watching what plays out here. And when you try to go public and bring your opinions to the 'real life arena' we will judge you by your actions here.

Hopefully you have repented and now truly a patriot. Time will tell.

Have a good one.
Couldnt have said it any better!
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by FreeWorld23: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
[s]
MizMyColi:

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎
Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎
[/s]I am not surprised to see the thread with "just" 4000 + view . a tribalist like you preaching crap, what do you know about politics?

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Aspireahead(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
shaqhead:

Go back and read her words if she hasnt deleted it.

If she was ONLY quoting Premiumtimes I wont say a thing but she kept on telling us she got the CONFIRMED info from her soldier friend with those gruesome pics to boot and wouldnt let it rest even when she was told otherwise. She said she was seeking justice for the families of the soldiers grin grin grin
Now she and you folks pray we dont talk about it!

Oga am just harping on this so she knows we dont forget!

If mizmycoli has turned a new leaf...I wish her well in her new found adventure!
you people said she started the 'rumour'...and she didn't...Premium times did a followup to their initial piece and stood on their ground...what do u need again?
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by shaqhead: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
Aspireahead:

you people said she started the 'rumour'...and she didn't...Premium times did a followup to their initial piece and stood on their ground...what do u need again?
Mr, maybe u shd go single out those who said she started the rumour (and not 'rumour') because I didnt!

What I remember making a passing comment on her insistence that it was a fact that 105 of our soldiers were missing or dead was that she said she got her own insider confirmation (go look for her words) and she kept gloating over it!

My grouse with her was not that Premium Times peddled a rumour but that she got her own insider confirmation of the story which I kno was a blatant lie. I know because I have family, friends and soldier friends who are in maiduguri right now.

Hope u get my position! Amdone with this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyer Sues FG Over Refusal To Confirm Onnoghen As CJN / Osinbajo, Ishaku Meet Over Insecurity / Sanwo-Olu Presents N10 Million Cheque To Family Of Slain RRS Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.