Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility (7706 Views)

In 2017 Buhari Was Driven From His Office By Patriotic & Courageous Rats – FFK / The Aftermath Of Jonathan's Cowardice Attitude And The Edo State Election / #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
On Point as usual TonyeBarcanista!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
On Point as usual TonyeBarcanista!
cheesy

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
biafranking:
you jus dey emphasize on handcuff to attract my lovely igbo brothers.
Kwontinu

the truth of the matter is that this country? I mean our leaders and our youth lack vision and patriotism. No one seem to be having a patriotic spirits in him or her maybe because they re feeling nigeria will separate one day or each individuals of nigeria re trying to create more wealth for themselves or some individuals in nigeria have innate of selfishness and corruption in him/her.
its so pathetic and very shameful that our sovereign wealth fund(SWF)is the lowest among others and we dont have infrastructure on ground to prove that the money re being spend on it..
Na wa o..
I dont ve much to say but God should intervene or men of grievances will take their own action to seeks for alternative option or measure to make this country a history.

The emboldened is my headache too
Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
[b]
Ama80:
My takes are 1.let d corruption fight be transparent and cut across political parties so it can b convincing.we need vibrant opposition seriously n d presnt clamp down on opposition is clear n present danger.2,d fight against corruption shud be given only 20% of d C in C's time n energy.let d govt hit d ground n running.d anti corruption bodies can go in full swing but certainly not d president.we r down already n need no further fall.d question is how do get out of Ds lowest low?

bae you nailed it here
listen I can swear that the Op TonyeBarcanista is not ignorant of this facts but he's afraid of saying the obvious because of his desperation in seeking for attention he's just using it as an excuse for his desperate moves but am the last person he'll fool on these cunning moves.

the truth is that no sane person will side corruption in this world but this government is not transparent on it at all
1. ok according to the media Dasuki is the chief yam eater we agree just make his trial open and if found guilty sentence him to whatever that suits you at least let everyone see themselves not all these media trial. that's how it's done anywhere in the world.

2. you're fighting corruption and Obj and his cohorts (now apc members) are walking unharrased.

3. likes of timipre sylva is a saint

yet you want to convince us that you're fighting corruption
Hmmmmm ain't buying that crap.

this is the truth and nothing but the truth and I'll always stand for the truth. [/b]

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by EdCure: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]
Why you wan kee yor sef?

"we are told that part of Abacha loot was relooted in the $2.2billion arms fraud.”
Since 1999, it has always been a culture of looting, relooting, and defending of the traitors who have robbed our nation to near bankruptcy.
No thanks to PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
The OP is a classical example of a political hemophrodite. His hypocrisy is really factory fitted.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by baralatie(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
ladies and gentlemen! he finally gets his cover blown open! e remain just one more topic and it becomes obvious

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
EdCure:

Why you wan kee yor sef?

Since 1999, it has always been a culture of looting, relooting, and defending of the traitors who have robbed our nation to near bankruptcy.
No thanks to PDP.
[/s]
Nonsense Buhari should make the corruption war transparent

no sacred cow QED anything less than that is a mere jamboree

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I only captured the situation of things in Nigeria
Be specific please. like an example will do.

9 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by obo389(m): 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
nonsense.I can see some people writing the govt should respect the ambiance of rule of law in fighting corruption in this country. when these people were busy stealing and looting our general and collective wealth,nobody remember there was rule of law to that effect.
please we should forget about partisan politics and whosoever is tied to whatever political affiliation, this country must be salvaged and must rise again. the extent of rape and inhuman attitude done to this nation as regards stealing of monies for the development and upliftment of this nation is just too much abeg.
we should and must learn to do things the right way..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by BeardedMeat(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
A critical look at this post exposes the writer as a myopic citizen who has abandoned the burning issues of trampling on the fundamental human rights of citizens. Nigeria is currently under siege by a white washed sepulcher whose grasp and understading of democracy is nepotism, high-handedness, selctive war against corruption, and dictatorship. A president who lacks what it takes to carry all regions along, a president who will focus the dividends of democracy mainly on those who voted for him, a president who is hell bent on emasculating the opposition through any means possible, a president who lacks indept knowledge on the way forward, an escapist president who was ill prepared for the task ahead, a double speak president. Nigerians must continue to resist every attempt to drag them backwards in a new world where other nations are asserting themselves in technological advancements, economic advancements, democratic advancements, medical advancements, food security etc etc.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by EdCure: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
bloodykiller:
Nonsense Buhari should make the corruption war transparent
no sacred cow QED anything less than that is a mere jamboree
You're ranting as if you can fathom the true concept of transparency or sacred cow undecided

Anyway, go on with your inanity. You're way too crass for any reasonable discourse.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
baralatie:
ladies and gentlemen!
he finally gets his cover blown open!
e remain just one more topic and it becomes obvious

look nobody is against TonyeBarcanista political prostitution but if he must decamp back (swallowing his vomits) he should do it amicably without any form of blackmail to our reformed party pdp because he knew inside his heart that it's all about selfish and desperation.

he must never drag pdp or use us as shield in his desperate moves because I swear he'll regret the day he did that.
I don't care if he decamps or not but if he must do it he should just do it for his own personal reasons and never in anyway use pdp to smoothen his way because it will never work like that.
no body is a fool and nobody is a kid. if he must be our member he should be ready to abide by the party rules and devoid from any form of anti party activities which I knew that even apc don't tolerate. anything against that, he can decamp or he's on his own
a word is enough for the wise

i repeat for the record no sane individual will support corruption all we demand is a transparent fight so that it will be obvious to all also no sacred cow QED and it's our work as an opposition to see it happen through criticism.
anybody uncomfortable with that can go to hades.

cc
Firefire
truckpusher
dearpreye
MizMyColi
Whynotthetruth
all pdp members

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by EasternActivist: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
obo389:
nonsense.I can see some people writing the govt should respect the ambiance of rule of law in fighting corruption in this country. when these people were busy stealing and looting our general and collective wealth,nobody remember there was rule of law to that effect.
please we should forget about partisan politics and whosoever is tied to whatever political affiliation, this country must be salvaged and must rise again. the extent of rape and inhuman attitude done to this nation as regards stealing of monies for the development and upliftment of this nation is just too much abeg.
we should and must learn to do things the right way..
[/s]

You are talking trash.
Why are you contradicting yourself....
What other right way is to be followed rather than the rule of law you are preaching against.

You are not different from the dullard president as far as tyranny and dictatorship is concerned

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
EdCure:

You're ranting as if you can fathom the true concept of transparency or sacred cow undecided

Anyway, go on with your inanity. You're way too crass for any reasonable discourse.
[/s]
trash!
is there any big deal in organizing an open trial for Dasuki so that Nigerians will watch the corrupt bastard go to jail?
tell me why the likes of timipre sylva Obasanjo Atiku etc is still walking free without harassment.
even the dead Audu who openly admitted his corruption case was given a governorship ticket by apc shocked
my friend just
shatap and get out
you no get yarn

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Firefire(m): 11:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ama80:
My takes are

1. Let d corruption fight be transparent and cut across political parties so it can b convincing.we need vibrant opposition seriously n d presnt clamp down on opposition is clear n present danger.

2,d fight against corruption shud be given only 20% of d C in C's time n energy.let d govt hit d ground n running.d anti corruption bodies can go in full swing but certainly not d president.we r down already n need no further fall.d question is how do get out of Ds lowest low?

I am aligned with your submission.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Firefire(m): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Is TonyeBarcanista not interested in rebranding PDP again

I am not aware if the answer is negative.

bloodykiller:

look nobody is against TonyeBarcanista political prostitution but if he must decamp back (swallowing his vomits) he should do it amicably without any form of blackmail to our reformed party pdp because he knew inside his heart that it's all about selfish and desperation.

he must never drag pdp or use us as shield in his desperate moves because I swear he'll regret the day he did that.
I don't care if he decamps or not but if he must do it he should just do it for his own personal reasons and never in anyway use pdp to smoothen his way because it will never work like that.
no body is a fool and nobody is a kid. if he must be our member he should be ready to abide by the party rules and devoid from any form of anti party activities which I knew that even apc don't tolerate anything against that he can decamp or he's on his own
a word is enough for the wise

i repeat for the record no sane individual will support corruption all we demand is a transparent fight so that it will be obvious to all also no sacred cow QED and it's our work as an opposition to see it happen through criticism.
anybody uncomfortable with that can go to hades.

cc
Firefire
truckpusher
dearpreye
MizMyColi
Whynotthetruth
all pdp members

3 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by oluwalfa: 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
Do not promote Biafra on this forum
Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Udmaster(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nigeria is under a NEMESIS.
- you can't starve over a million innocent children to death and expect to progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by biafranking: 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The emboldened is my headache too
it s not only your headache but also our problems and that is why some men re taking the alternative option since our leaders that handled the helm of affairs in the past and present had failed us though still hoping with the new slogan of change.
Some brave men in the past and present came out to disturbed/distracts or shake the government due to corruptions,austerity and unemployment arising from the previous and present administration.
Instead of youth supporting their alternative actions,they rather supported the government and want nigeria as a country to exist in hope of a pipe dream,but how long?.
they still want to be a diehardism on their views of one nigeria,hoping nigerian will be great as they believe that their dreams will surely come to pass rather than taking alternative option to be put in place.
Ngwanu na biko kwontinu..dig more facts out and see what those brave men saw b4 they took alternative actions.
It s well but only time will tell till una give up..
Make i go sleep and think about tomorow business,no time...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Firefire:
Is TonyeBarcanista not interested in rebranding PDP again

I am not aware if the answer is negative.

sir i don talk my own I don't care if he's interested or not

NO political party tolerates anti party activities anywhere in the world.
if apc played that kind of opposition they won't be the ruling party today because they won't be able to brainwash millions of people with propaganda.
have you ever in the news see Republicans at the same page with Obama?
bro that's politics for you if you don't like it it's simple QUIT

discipline is always the key
though I know his intentions because he can never fool me.

the likes of omojuwa and co are eating Aisha Fried rice today it's because they stood their ground amidst the crowd back then .
you can never reap where you did not sow #facts

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by greatiyk4u(m): 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
maslong:
when you vote a man who do not know between his right from his left this is what you get.
when you vote a man who is not diplomatic enough to handle issues this is what you get.
when you vote a tyrant it is called chanji .
Nigeria is seriously lacking good head to govern it.

This discussion is beyond ur IQ, so go and sit down!!!

1 Like

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by kutchs: 11:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

From your own perspective but you need to tell yourself the truth.
Nobody is against the anri-corruption war, in fact it would be appreciated the more if it was transparent and all encompassing and not selective as it currently is. You may not admit but the war is just an attempt to get back at political opponents. We need to see the likes of Amaechi, Fashola, Akume etc against whom petitions have been written in the past to EFCC but were ignored answer questions to EFCC.
It was in the news yesterday that a petition was written against former Benue State governor George Akume a known APC chieftain to the EFCC but the commission acting directly on the orders of the Villa has refused to investigate it. This came from Abubakar Tsav (suppose you know him). A Judicial Commission of Inquiry indicted Roti I Amaechi in Rivers State but how does he get rewarded by Buhari? Beautification and canonization.
Secondly, Dasuki was said to have also implicated Buhari himself with the payment of $300,000 into an account operated by Buhari and the donation of Jeeps. Why hasn't he been invited to answer questions relating to that disclosure if we are to believe the fight is genuine and well intentioned.

Finally, let me say this. The patriotic citizens are those asking for fairness and equally treatment of all irrespective of tribe or party. The hypocrites are those who would defend even the most stupid act of Buhari. We live in a democracy at least in principle anyway and one of the elements of democracy is the safeguard of the rights of citizens and another is the supremacy of the constitution. What that means is that nobody is guilty until determined by the courts, having a president who sits in his office and condemn people even when the law hasn't spoken is dangerous and calls for serious action by all.

The president no matter how powerful isn't the law, he doesn't make the law the law makes him and so should act within the provisions of the law. Elevating himself above the constitution of the land is what patriotic citizens are against.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by maslong(m): 12:15am On Jan 25, 2016
greatiyk4u:

This discussion is beyond ur IQ, so go and sit down!!!

the country is in trying time because the government lacks those than can make use of their head. the economy will come down to zero before the end of 2016 wait and see.

don't you ever quote me again angry

1 Like

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 25, 2016
Nice piece. However, most Nigerian youths hear only their own voice.
Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by helpee(m): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

you only captured your political prostitution. very soon, you will be a bad market for any party you associate with because you will be seen as somebody not trustworthy. All these your patriotic articles are mere preparations for your inevitable declaration for aisha rice. How you do this without any shame still baffles me. We should support an anti corruption war that is obviously a ploy to kill opposition, gag the judiciary and turn nigeria to a one man show without respect for the rule of law. Patriotic citizens will resist that irrespective of their political affiliations. you are a youth...stand up for something otherwise you will end up a worthless entity to any group or party you belong to. no serious politician or govt can work with an unreliable ally like you. dont tell me you are fighting corruption irrespective of party otherwise you will be shouting by now for all the corrupt elements in apc to be smoked out and their campaign fund probed. i now believe cramjones......you are only worth a bottle of drink before you start singing a new song like an unstable chamelon

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 25, 2016
My perplexing shame is that this dude has no shame anymore. Pathetic!

A quick look at his signature shows that his life is stuck at a crossroads. Today it is trendy and fanciful to label anyone who disagrees with the current administration as Ipob members. Once you derogatorily, repeatedly and effectively tag dissenting voices as Ipob, a new nauseating fantasy, it ingratiates you with the ruling party and its 'indescribable' supporters.

Dude, are you no longer rebranding pdp? Quickly let me warn that you should stop parading yourself as a Niger Delta mouthpiece, speak for your stomach. Rational minds can fathom that this is your genuine goal. Your stomach, even if it means swimming in the gutters of indignity and political servitude.

7 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Fleshly: 2:05am On Jan 25, 2016
Emekamex:
->All our problems narrows down to disunity amongst tribes.
->Corruption is just a ripple effect of this disunity where one tribe feels it is being marginalised and another feels it must rule always regardless of others.
->This creates a situation where a political holder from one tribe prefers to loot or favour a particular region while he deems it fit, knowing fully well he might not have that privilege in the nearest future.
->For Nigeria to work, all government efforts should be encompassed on helping all tribes equally thereby making all of us feel like one which will also hinder hatred and focusing on frivolities like tribalism and party politics.
->In summary, relative unity is the solution to most of our problems and if we can't achieve this, it is better we tell ourselves the truth and go our separate ways.

God bless you. Don't worry that will be achieved real soon.
Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Gbawe: 2:34am On Jan 25, 2016
@OP.

Well-said. A timely piece. It is time for all of us who mean well for Nigeria to put the past and our differences behind us to fully support the efforts of the present government to prosecute the thieves who have ruined Nigerian and left us in a very poor condition to survive what, as you stated, is probably the most economically difficult period in our history. Oil , the main export of our mono economy, is virtually worthless. We have no 'rainy day' savings either , with which to weather the storm, courtesy of the corruption and looting oga "don't give a damn" (GEJ) supervised. Our economy, thanks to the PDP that led for 16 years, is not diversified and totally dependent on oil sales. The SME sector is moribund. Critical infrastructure is completely pathetic. Manufacturing nko? Totally kaput !!!!

The government of the day cannot be perfect and I think the noise of selective prosecution will never go away because of the nature of Nigerians and the prejudice they innately harbour for their own religious and ethnic affiliates. "Metuh was handcuffed while Dasuki was not" and other blah, blah, blah. Yet we must all agree that prosecution of corruption, especially with looted funds recovered, is better than no prosecution at all as was the case under GEJ. What most must remember when they mention Fashola, Amaechi, Tinubu et al is that Buhari is not hounding PDP State leaders, i.e governors, either. As head of the federal government, and correctly, Buhari is going after those who stole from the tier of government he is head of i.e the federal government. State government are entirely free to prosecute any former governor.

It is time Nigerians stop charging Buhari to prosecute everyone. That is a silly and entirely senseless way to view things. Nigerians must accept that Buhari's first and most direct responsibility is to bring looters of federal wealth to book. If every Nigerian is free to mention their choice looter Buhari should prosecute then I might as well mention Chief Kamoru who is head of my local government or call our busy President to come and arrest the LASTMA thieves at the corner of my road!!!! Fact is that every leader must prosecute according to their jurisdiction and direct area of responsibility. Buhari will face federal thieves and Nigerians should charge governors to face State and local government thieves. As simple as that and it is time for all patriotic Nigerians who mean well for Nigeria to get behind Buhari and stop the distracting noise.

7 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by Ola17: 2:59am On Jan 25, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by SUBWAY101(m): 3:11am On Jan 25, 2016
[s]
bloodykiller:
grin

the op is desperately looking for a soft landing in apc just like ekwunife.

Even a hard core apc supporter will be shaking his head at your post which reeks of desperation..

mr TonyeBarcanista swallow your pride and bow before gbawe because he's your master don't be shy grin

Oops I forgot no one will give a snitch 70% trust again because once bitten.. Chai so much for the "almighty" TonyeBarcanista SMH

if na real politics your own don kpeme as a politician because no one will trust such person again just like ekwunife cheesy

this is what happens when you think you're soo much important that people can't do without you not knowing that soja go soja come barrack still tanda gidigba.

cowardice and snitches is a crime in politics grin
[/s]

You are pained little man. Why are you frustrated, contribute to the thread or stop derailing it with your rubbish. Why crying everywhere, dont you have shame?

6 Likes

Re: Trying Times For Nigeria, Patriotic Citizens' Attitude And Responsibility by bloodykiller: 3:47am On Jan 25, 2016
[s]
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

You are pained little man. Why are you frustrated, contribute to the thread or stop derailing it with your rubbish. Why crying everywhere, dont you have shame?
[/s]

what's this kid saying
shatap your buccal cavity there and get out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odsg Bans All Commercial Motorcyclists Activities Beyond 10 P.m / Check Out The World Class Road Leading To Sen. Okorocha's House / May 29: Tinubu's Presidential Inauguration Car Has Landed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.