Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT (1048 Views)

Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by slimfair: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hello guys
I'm a graduate of Elect/elect Engineering, I intend doing some professional courses in IT, cause I wanna go into IT fully.

I need advice on some lucrative professional courses I can take to boost my career
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by slimfair: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2016
Anyone?
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by Mich43l(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
slimfair:
Hello guys
I'm a graduate of Elect/elect Engineering, I intend doing some professional courses in IT, cause I wanna go into IT fully.

I need advice on some lucrative professional courses I can take to boost my career

First and foremost, you must not just like computers, you must be passionate about them. Passionate because the IT world is an ever changing world and only the passion can keep you in tune and abreast with latest technology trends.

For sake of explanation, I would categorize the IT careers into three namely: Planning, Doing and Seeing.

Planning

This career path in IT is great for people with excellent communication and team working skills. Some courses include but are not limited to:

Project Management
IT Security Management
Agile and Scrum
Enterprise resource planning

Doing

These are for the creative minds and the builders such as web designers, system developers, software engineers and many more. Popular courses that can be taken include but are not limited to:

Web App and Programming
IT Services and Architecture
Databases & Operating Systems
Virtualization and Cloud Computing
IT Hardware and Networking

Seeing

These are for critical thinkers and analysts. People who venture into this path require continuous change in knowledge in order to keep up with the ever changing trends of IT. Some courses that can be taken include but are not limited to:

Quality Management
Big Data and Analytic
Business Productivity Tools
Sales and Marketing

If you still need more information: check this link: http://blog.eti.ng/how-to-choose-your-it-career/
However if you think you are well informed, go ahead and pick the right course.

Check out this link for a list of courses and at a discount too.. http://eti.ng/
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by slimfair: 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
Mich43l:

First and foremost, you must not just like computers, you must be passionate about them. Passionate because the IT world is an ever changing world and only the passion can keep you in tune and abreast with latest technology trends.

For sake of explanation, I would categorize the IT careers into three namely: Planning, Doing and Seeing.

Planning

This career path in IT is great for people with excellent communication and team working skills. Some courses include but are not limited to:

Project Management
IT Security Management
Agile and Scrum
Enterprise resource planning

Doing

These are for the creative minds and the builders such as web designers, system developers, software engineers and many more. Popular courses that can be taken include but are not limited to:

Web App and Programming
IT Services and Architecture
Databases & Operating Systems
Virtualization and Cloud Computing
IT Hardware and Networking

Seeing

These are for critical thinkers and analysts. People who venture into this path require continuous change in knowledge in order to keep up with the ever changing trends of IT. Some courses that can be taken include but are not limited to:

Quality Management
Big Data and Analytic
Business Productivity Tools
Sales and Marketing

If you still need more information: check this link: http://blog.eti.ng/how-to-choose-your-it-career/
However if you think you are well informed, go ahead and pick the right course.

Check out this link for a list of courses and at a discount too.. http://eti.ng/
Thanks so much, u just made my day, God bless u. Are u into IT?
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by Mich43l(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2016
slimfair:

Yes I am..
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by Goovo(m): 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
Mich43l:

Yes I am..
please, can I send u a pm?
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by slimfair: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
Mich43l:

Yes I am..
dats nice, pls ur number so we can chat
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by slimfair: 5:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
Mich43l:

Yes I am..
Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by Mich43l(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
slimfair:

Re: I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT by Mich43l(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
slimfair:

Can I have your number?

(1) (Reply)

Those Preparing To Write ACCA Dip(ifr): Lets Meet / Earn Extra.. / DIAMOND BANK ISSUED 15 DAYS ULTIMATUM OVER SACKED STAFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.