Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72078 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2009
@OYIBN
Well u sound cool now.You are doing the right thing in the wrong way man.You cant tell me Urfriend is working with Hitv just because you me him online here and i dont think he has ever typed it here that he work there or maybe u have the full list of Hitv's staffs.Am happy their is competition between Hitv and Dstv now.Let them use what they have to get what they want, Remember that nigerians are not fools, they know what they want anytime and anyday.Do you think Daarsat worth paying #5,500 for with what they offer?.u dont have to criticise them cos thats what they can offer for now, Maybe they will improve later i dont know, Sincerely speaking Hitv is improving just maybe they are slow.Rome and America was not built in a day.

@Urfriend,Pls dont give hitv a bad name.Remember customer are always right businesswise, so u have to be more polite to us, #4,000 is not 4 kobo

@Oligi
Yea u are right there are people here with multiple ids just like u.Watch ur mouth,nobody is a fool here ok?remove ur log 1st
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2009
@OYIBN
Well u sound cool now.You are doing the right thing in the wrong way man.You cant tell me Urfriend is working with Hitv just because you me him online here and i dont think he has ever typed it here that he work there or maybe u have the full list of Hitv's staffs.Am happy their is competition between Hitv and Dstv now.Let them use what they have to get what they want, Remember that nigerians are not fools, they know what they want anytime and anyday.Do you think Daarsat worth paying #5,500 for with what they offer?.u dont have to criticise them cos thats what they can offer for now, Maybe they will improve later i dont know, Sincerely speaking Hitv is improving just maybe they are slow.Rome and America was not built in a day.

@Urfriend,Pls dont give hitv a bad name.Remember customer are always right businesswise, so u have to be more polite to us, #4,000 is not 4 kobo

@Oligi
Yea u are right there are people here with multiple ids just like u.Watch ur mouth,nobody is a fool here ok?remove ur log 1st
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2009
@oligi,

Am not sure of your objectivity. Seems you are here to rather castigate Hitv for supposedly inefficiencies rather that in constructive criticism. More often than not, you are always eager to identify with people that try to beef the company.

In as much as we are all entitle to our individual opinion, we should exercise such liberty with some level of objectivity.

Apparently you aren't a subscriber to Hitv service, so let me suggest that you create a thread to glorify and count the good things from DSTV.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2009
urfriend:

Hi All,

If anyone was offended by my earlier post,well am SORRY.Never intended to offend anyone in person.

I think that should settle that. The man has apologised, I guess we can lay that issue to rest.

@urfriend

So what do you suggest we do i.e. those of us no longer getting hi life and hi kids.

@OYIBN

I disagree with those who think you shouldn't say your piece here. I have followed your posts lately and even though you haven't been very complimentary of HITV, you have been civil and logical about it. I think a forum like this benefits from the wealth of divergent contributions that we all bring. Let every man speak! But let him respect the next guy.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hi Switched,

will get back to you soon
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by squad1: 5:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
@ Switched
Good talk, u have said it all,

I have paid since friday but avnot bin activated, is there anythin i can do apart from going to dere office to complain? I have called dere customer care but no response.

About dis upgrade stuff, my decoder software is 2.07, is dere any need for upgrading?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2009
@ squad1
Once ur decorder is 2.0.7. u need no further upgrade. About the activation stuff, i also exprience it and it took HITV 4 hrs before i was connected though when i call there customer care to explain my flight they realy apologise to me about the delay in connecting me.

@ oligi
Pls i mean no harm but you shld get an HITV decorder and watch there channel to see if they are trying or not cos we that have both Cable know what we are saying, quality wise.

@ oyibn
For the second time am enjoying what you are saying but be mindful to read oligi post very well before surpoting her. She is not conviced that the transmission quality of HITV is now on the high side.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2009
@urfriend

Apology accepted .

@OYIBN

Keep being objective and Neutral.

@switched

Keep being civil.

@Ilugunboy

Keep holding the place together.

@oligi

You have gone beyond the issue on ground. Pipe down
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2009
@switched

I agree with you that the matter should be laid to rest since Urfriend has apologised. However let me point out to you that I am not a business person but I think like one. There is a saying and I quote: "In business there are no permanent friends or enemies". It is not a case of supporting one cable company over another like one will support one football team over another one. Instead a subsciber should put his or her money where there is satisfaction for such a person. A DSTV subsciber can become a HITV or DaarSat subsciber tomorrow and vice-versa. It is one's interest that should be paramount.

@Urfriend

It was indeed humble of you to have apologised and not joined the fray one way or another. You have exhibited maturity.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Shalon17: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2009
Hi Urfriend,
The response you have being receiving about Hi kids and Hi life showing no access is for real. i am an installer and Dealer of Hitv i first notice this on my strong Decoder on the 30th of March when Hi Kids was showing no Access on my strong decoder. i deleted the Hi kids channel and rescan but it's still showing no Access but then Hi life was still showing then but the following day Hi life went off too showing no access. i called some of my customer using strong decoder about this issue some had this same problem and other are ok. i dont know what's happen but all i know is that this problem is affecting on Strong decoders. pls Urfriend forward this to management so as to investigate and resolve this issue. Urfriend i commend you for all you have being doing in this forum you are really doing a good job here. God will bless you my brother. Cheers.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 9:59am On Apr 07, 2009
OYIBN:

There is a saying and I quote: "In business there are no permanent friends or enemies". It is not a case of supporting one cable company over another like one will support one football team over another one. Instead a subsciber should put his or her money where there is satisfaction for such a person. A DSTV subsciber can become a HITV or DaarSat subsciber tomorrow and vice-versa. It is one's interest that should be paramount.

@OYIBN

Forthright as always. I can't disagree with you. But on a lighter note, I thought that quote applied only to politics. Does it means that I can do business with my enemy if money is to be made? I guess now I know why I am not as rich as I've always wanted.

Back to the subject, yes we have HITV, DSTV, DAARSAT and one or two others that people hardly mention anywhere. And they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Ultimately, like you implied, every man will choose the one that best suits his interests and pocket. I want to believe that the whole purpose of this talkshop is to share experiences and hopefully get the attention of these operators, hence engendering greater subscriber satisfaction.

Let me also mention that it is heartening to see that we are all conciliatory now. We can disagree and still enjoy our time here. Let brotherly love continue.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by OYIBN: 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2009
@switched.

Sorry. Got the quote wrong. You are right. It refers to politics not business.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2009
Hi All,

Cool FM and Wazobia FM coming very soon on HiTV (12130 H 27500).
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
instead of hitv to get us good MOVIE channels,
they are geting us local radio stations, Funny ppl
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2009
@urfriend

Those radio stations are stations we can just tune in to while driving . The only time I really get to listen to the radio is when in traffic and am not sure i would ever leave watch-watch to do hear-hear. How interesting is that? Maybe when you add VOA and Africa No 1 or Radio FR.

Secondly, what is the situation about the Hikids and Hilife? Is there no clue as to what is wrong? Its getting over two weeks now.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by femo7(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2009
, and to add to it, when should we expect to see BET ?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by femo7(m): 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2009
@urfriend

Those radio stations are stations we can just tune in to while driving . The only time I really get to listen to the radio is when in traffic and am not sure i would ever leave watch-watch to do hear-hear. How interesting is that? Maybe when you add VOA and Africa No 1 or Radio FR.

, and to add to it, when should we expect to see BET ?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by twinstaiye(m): 9:33am On Apr 09, 2009
I read it in the [url=http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/compulife/article07//indexn3_html?pdate=080409&ptitle=HiTV%20offers%20lower%20bouquet,%20dangles%20incentives&cpdate=080409]guardian newspaper[/url] yesterday that HITV is introducing a new bouquet for as low as N1,800 per month with up to 15 channels.  Can anybody confirm the channels involved pls?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2009
Is there no solution to this issue?

@switched

Have you resolved the problem of the hilife and hikids?

I sent a mail to the customer care two days ago and havent gotten any reply.

The online chat at ehlnigeria.com does not have any customer care agent assigned there anymore. I tried a number of times but its always offline.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2009
@soloqy

My hi kids and hi life are still off. Urfriend promised to get back to us a couple of days ago. Maybe he forgot. I tried reaching customer care too but hit a brick wall. It's a bit frustrating.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by nthnymarce(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2009
hi,

lets not be fooled with all this monthly subscriptions,infact its a british mentality. Go for free to air satellite receivers [FTA]. with this u can get up to 4000 stations untampered. I use it even in my own village in anambra state. Just buy the receiver, configure,install and search for stations. do not look for agents,u can do it yourself. go for starsat,today.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Urfriend,

switched:

@soloqy

My hi kids and hi life are still off. Urfriend promised to get back to us a couple of days ago. Maybe he forgot. I tried reaching customer care too but hit a brick wall. It's a bit frustrating.

My using a strong decoder and my Hi Kids and Hi Life has gone off air more than 4weeks ago. I rescan my decoder twice a day.
Please escalate our situation to HiTV management.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2009
Seeing that there has not been a response from urfriend nor Rahymm, and no access to customer care on this issue, so what can one say?

I actually pay subscription to receive the full bouquet or are we being moved against our wish to the 2k package?

What is the issue here? Are we not to use strong decoders anymore? Are there particular strong decoders that are recommended?

This issue beats me.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2009
This hi kids / hi life problem on strong decoders has really vexed me. It is bad enough that you are not getting the full complement of what you paid for; but the way we have been completely ignored by the hitv customer care folks is far more annoying.

A month ago I was recommending HITV to all my friends and relatives, now I have an egg on my face each time I see them. To be honest, I am starting to consider the options. I can bear all the problems as long as they treat us with some respect, some regard that is due subscription paying customers
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2009
Also, why is HITV's wikipedia page already listing BET as one of the channels. Is anybody already getting this or is it some marketing gimmick? Check the link out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HiTV
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by olason(m): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
Hi guys, I was once enslave 2 Dstv untill I discovered free to air sattellite forum. ever since then ie 2yrs ago have been enjoying my self without paying a dime. Y pay when you can watch them all for free. it is legal and free. join us now. one love
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
switched:

Also, why is HITV's wikipedia page already listing BET as one of the channels. Is anybody already getting this or is it some marketing gimmick? Check the link out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HiTV

@switched

Its wikipedia and that means any one can edit and add anything there. I can assure you that no one is getting it yet.

The hikids/hilife issue is a mess. Its their network. So is it now discriminating amongst decoders?

Utter Nonesense. I cant I magine this happening with DSTV for so long without any resolution or way forward.

Am not even going to bother asking urfriend anything anymore. One is disillusioned about the whole thing.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by whimsical(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2009
@ALL

About the two hi channels that are not showing. I upgraded my strong 4653x decoder with a software from strong site and the sites came up. But after like 10-15min my decoder went off and didn't come up again. am not sure if the update coursed it but am sure it's a software problem because when I put it on my Tv set indicates there is communication but nothing comes up even the decoder doesn't show any led light. I had to buy another strong decoder that as I could not afford losing the chelsea-liverpool match as I also use the same decoder for dstv.

If anyone knows how I can get the decoder working please contribute.(I have tried the decoder to decoder transfer and that did not work).

@at ur risk
One with the mind could try the update as it solved the problem of those two channels before the decoder went off.(I CAN'T SAY IF THE UPDATE CAUSED THE DECODER TO CRASH. SO U ARE STRICTLY ON UR OWN)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2009
@whimsical
Many thanks for sharing your experience. It's sad that HITV left us on our own leaving you with no option than to find a solution that may have led to the death of your decoder. Really sorry to hear that.

So you got yourself a new decoder. Did you go for the same strong 4653x? I use 4661x. I am also considering getting a DSTV smartcard to use alongside HITV. Do you know where I can get that and how much it will cost me?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by SirKay3(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2009
@ olason,

Tell us more about the free to air stuff, as in the channels you have, type of dish/decoder you use and installation price
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by caspapa(m): 11:07am On Apr 21, 2009
Ur friend,

please i paid for my subcription since yesterday morning and uptill now i am yet to get connected.  please i need your help.

My Decoder No. : 01710187763-1

Serial No. on my Deposit slip: 237406.

Name: Oladimeji Alex
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by 4lly(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hi guys,there was a message on skynews  yesterday,is it from hitv?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply)

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed / BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.