Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72079 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by dyabman(m): 12:37am On Jun 07, 2009
on monday , i'm going to buy my new dish ,

DTSV OFCOS!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2009
It seems i will go for dstv and know what i am paying 4.I can watch football in viewing centres
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bluehorizo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2009
Same with me. Will wait for my subscription to end come July and go for DSTV.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ayusman16(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2009
Common peeps! Wat happened 2 supporting our own. grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2009
Ochukss:

So mytv now has fox movies and zone reality?

I think I am going to get MyTv smart card on Monday cool
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 9:33am On Jun 08, 2009
Wonders will never end.This was the same subair crucifying dstv,now it's his turn to be,Naijas are so greedy,aw can u inflate prices without solid delivery.It's a shame,it's beta one save the money and go for a big free to air package.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2009
Ochukks,i'm yet 2 read dat article cos i cnt find it,since it's online,why not copy and paste it on dis thread? Thanks.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by segundash(m): 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
The link posted
Ochukss:

Sorry d site is: www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article10//indexn3html?pdate=0306098&ptitle=subair%20explains%20HITV'S%20planned%20new%20rate&cpdate=040609

The link is broken, I had to search for the correct link. This is it

[url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/compulife/article13//indexn3_html?pdate=130509&ptitle=HiTV%20introduces%20new%20payment%20option&cpdate=190509[/url]
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bluehorizo(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2009
  [size=16pt]             Subair explains HiTV's planned new rate[/size]

FOUNDER of HiTV, Nigeria's first wholly owned satellite television company, Toyin Subair, has explained the rationale behind the rumoured soccer bouquet subscription increment, saying the new rate was prompted by the plan to add more football contents to the menu.

Explaining the needed increment, Subair said: "In 2007, HiTV entered into the pay TV market and offered the Nigerian public premium football content because we understood the importance of sports (football) in Nigeria and in any pay TV industry as a major driver.

"As our business stabilised, however, we started appealing to other segments of the market: children, women and non-football loving men because of the other contents we added to the platform.

"In over two years of operations, it became obvious to us that our customers are not only football lovers (as many people think) but cut across all segments. Maintaining one bouquet will mean that we charge all our customers a flat rate irrespective of what their preferences were in terms of content and this we felt was not in the best interest of the customers.

"The management therefore decided to create two distinct bouquets, one to appeal to football lovers and the other to appeal to lovers of entertainment in general. With these two bouquets, our customers have a choice and do not need to pay for what they do not want."

He added: the "Football bouquet which we have tagged Soccer+More bouquet is our premium bouquet and will contain all the general content we currently have in addition to all the football content currently on the platform (excluding the La Liga) and those coming on from August 2009.

"Our general entertainment bouquet tagged Basic Bouquet, will contain all the channels we currently have, excluding the major football content. It will still contain Eurosport news and Setanta sports but will not show any of the English Premier League matches or UEFA coming on in August."

So, beginning from July 1, HiTV's Basic Bouquet, according to Subair, "will sell for N3,500, while Soccer+More will sell for N6,000 per month. The old prices will be applicable till the 30th of this month, and it will be choice of any customer wishing to take advantage of this old price and pay ahead.

He gave details of the exclusive sport contents coming on in August: "From August, our football loving customers and prospective customers will be entertained with the very best of Barclays Premier League, UEFA Championship League, UEFA Cup, Italian Serie A, Carling Cup, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, CAF Champions League, A1 Grand pix, NBA and WWF," he said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article10//indexn3_html?pdate=030609&ptitle=Subair%20explains%20HiTV%27s%20planned%20new%20rate&cpdate=030609
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2009
This is utter rubbish. The last straw. angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Mortiple(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2009
HITV wants subscribers to pay N6,000 per month (a whooping N72,000 per annum) to watch what?

This is sheer wickedness! Naija exploitative tendency unleashed! Did they ever consider the global economic meltdown?

Thank goodness, I am barely chanced to watch matches these days. Besides, football is not my first hobby as in sports. It comes after Athletics, Basketball and Tennis. La Liga is not even on their list. So kini big deal?

It seems they have lost the right. It is time to MOVE UP to DSTV (that is if they've got the right to air La Liga) OR MYTV (to watch Christian Channels + E-Channel).

HITV has goofed big time. It is a big shame!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2009
Quote from: luckiest on June 06, 2009, 04:03 PM
dear nairalanders,

regardless of the cost of subscription, I am working on something new that will enable me pay for your subscription free as long as you continue to use HITV; am also working on other network, such as DSTV, MYTV, TRENDTV and DAARSAT; pls note that this is not a scam, thisd is for real so have no fear. As soon as I complete all modalities I will let you know, you can still use HITV and save a lot of money. My telephone numbers are 08033201118 or 08084554555. More details when am ready.

If it is not scam then what is it?

Go get a job man!

yes it is not a scam as I stated earlier, am a dealer but I am currently working on modalities that will enable me pay subscription for my customer regardless of the amount HITV decides to collect, as well as any other operators; since am still working on it, it will be made known to all nairalanders and the public, with this method HITV will get their money, while you will save your money, trust me everyone will like it because it is a win win situation for everyone. Stay connected.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
dear nairalanders,

regardless of the cost of subscription, I am working on something new that will enable me pay for your subscription free as long as you continue to use HITV; am also working on other network, such as DSTV, MYTV, TRENDTV and DAARSAT; pls note that this is not a scam, thisd is for real so have no fear. As soon as I complete all modalities I will let you know, you can still use HITV and save a lot of money. My telephone numbers are 08033201118 or 08084554555. More details when am ready.
Posted by: ayusman16
If it is not scam then what is it?

Go get a job man!

yes it is not a scam as I stated earlier, am a dealer but I am currently working on modalities that will enable me pay subscription for my customer, new subscriber, as well as other existing subscriber regardless of the amount HITV decides to collect, as well as any other operators; since am still working on it, it will be made known to all nairalanders and the public, with this method HITV will get their money, while you will save your money, trust me everyone will like it because it is a win win situation for everyone. Stay connected.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
@urfriend

its unfortunate that HITV have decided to change the cost in this manner instead of the we gave several months back, you may decide not to comment on this right because you just an insider not an authority but one thing I know for sure is that Mr. Subair is a listening guy but maybe someone refuse to tell this about the reality on ground. Forget the fact that people are paying the N4,000, it is not easy getting that amount every 30 days for most of the people but because of the fact that some of them are trying to be truly or proudly nigeria doesn't mean it is easy for them; regardless of how I am planning to support some of my customer in Lagos, what about those in other part of the country whose dealers may not be nursing the same idea with me. You and I know that even if you reduce the cost to say N3,000 that was the initial promo prize for 2007, you will even make more money than trying to increase it twice the initial amount within 2 years of operation, when indeed that was the same reason you gave to use in trying to convince us to discontinue the rival operators; please I will rather you reduce the prize to N3,000 or leave it at N4,000 or you will witness a large number of people leaving HITV for something else, because from my customers alone my phone has not stopped ringing ever since the news broke out; I have been trying my best to talk to some people, but you can do more if you invite them to this forum to see how people are lamenting if other dealers have informed them about the same thing too. Something must be done to reverse this action.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2009
If we had channels like fox or skymovies,etv,zone reality,wide life channels then we will know what we are paying for. How can i pay 6k for channels like: acbn,hisports2,himix,hikids,hilife. I am ashamed of hiwahala.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2009
Luckiest i dont understand u
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by segundash(m): 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2009
It took me more than 2 month before I could decide on which of the two cable companies I will sign up with.

Firstly, I'm a football fan, but "Man must not live by Football alone", I need other things, especially entertainment, news (infact If I'm told to pay 2k per month for CNN alone, I'll gladly do that).

Secondly, I love documentaries, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, Zone Reality etc.

So, I'm faced with choosing between Football (HiTV and ALL OTHERS (DsTV).

ALL OTHERS pays me more. Its value for my money.

Lastly, before I switched, I thought i'll die without football, but alas, I'm alive now and I'm even enjoying it more than then.

Don't get me wrong, I still watch football, but not all the matches, the important ones, I simply go to a viewing centre. There are a lot of decent viewing centres out there. Just ask around, you'll be amazed at how many are around your location.

Thanks all.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2009
Ochukss:

Luckiest i dont understand u

state what you don't understand, pls note details about my plan will not be release yet but any other information can be given
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2009
Reading subair's statement leaves me feeling so disgusted.There's no point paying the 6k or 3k5,no world cup qualifiers,no international friendlies,no confederations cup,no world cup,no fifa u17 and u20,no la liga,no championship,only 20% serie a(cnt even air grade A serie a matches).U wil c angola 2010 @least.The politics in naija broadcasting wud neva end.Aw come d "urfriend" chap has gone into hiding.Even paytv in abroad where hundreds of channels are being aired is nt as expensive as dis.Let's start a campaign,"SHUN PAYMENT,ONLY COMMERCIAL USERS SHOULD".Commercial users-those dat r using it 4 business. Mayb they wil all get back 2 der senses.I mean,hitv and others.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2009
Ochukss:

How can i pay 6k for channels like: acbn,hisports2,himix,hikids,hilife. I am ashamed of hiwahala.

Exactly my wife's sentiment!.

segundash:

There are a lot of decent viewing centres out there. Just ask around, you'll be amazed at how many are around your location.

That idea is going to be making  sense to a whole lots of guys very soon. I live in Magodo and there are loads of viewing centers around me, so Hitv can come and pack their hardware once my sub expire in July.

Looks as if these guys believe they are now within a comfortable zone to start mis-behaving. angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by luckiest: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2009
based on the experience during the period when HITV first subscription promo was still N3,000; those who paid ahead of the deadline paid only N3,000 multiple by the number of months they decided to pay before they started paying N4,000; so any one who wish to pay for 12 months, can quickly pay the sum of N44,000 which translate to 4000 x 11 + One bonus month Free.

But as far as am concern the new increment must be the joke of the year, let wait am sure URFRIEND is trying to get some fact right, becos I do not think that based on the market strength today that the new prize will stand a week, so whether there is an increase or not, it still doesn't change my plan for my customers, their friends, other subscribers as well as the new subscribers, so please be rest assured that my plan will benefit everyone that is based in Lagos, so 4K or 6K am ready to serve you best.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by dodos(f): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2009
@ luckiest

What at all is this plan of yours.

Please give me a gist on my email.

Am sure this whole idea of HiTV increment and loss of La Liga is a joke. Now that Kaka has also joined Real Madrid.

Huh
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2009
Hi All,

The new state of the art HiTV call Centre now as a new number,it is 01-2800990,with this number you can now be sure to always talk a customer care rep. at anytime from 8am to 8pm.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Ilugunboy, ayusman, donaremu,

Where have you guys been all this while?

You remember a number of pages back when I and some other people had a problem of not receiving hilife and hikids?

Well, you all saw how it went down and the issue was not resolved.

That was when I and a couple of other guys(*switched* included) decided we had had enough.

I got a DSTV card and immediately hated hitv the more for using Football as a bait to keep us in bondage.

I am happy to say that i *kicked* that habit which is alomost like substance abuse( I mean, why would a person watch a particular sport from miday till midnight on a weekend? Pls there is more to life than that).

After I got the dstv card and paid for the compact package(N4,300), I was amazed at options.

Toyin Subair must be dillusional to think that he has gotten to half the spot DSTV is at, content wise.

For the sake of clarity, let me state the channels in the compact here again in comparison with the hitv.

For N4,300 you get the DSTV compact that has:

News:

CNN, BBC, Euronews,CNBC, Aljazeera

Sports

ESPN(there is major league soccer and some south american football here), ESPN Classic, SS10(watch some italian league live matches here. Also watched ireland vs bulgaria world cup quailier live here), SS6, SS SELECT.

Documentary

Zone Reality(Discovery world that hitv has, cant hold a candle light to Zone reality. They are miles apart), National Geographic(some serious documentaries), NatGeo Wild(Documentaries on wildlife).

Religeous

TBN, Inspiration Tv, Rhema Network(only sunday mornings), Islamic world, IQRAa(moslem).

Music

Channel O, MTVbase, Trace, Soundcity, One Gospel(Gospel music only).

Kiddies

Only Cartoon Network. This is where they need to add more options for kiddies in the compact pacakge.

Entertainment( movies, General Entertainment, lifestyle)

MNET Series ( Name the series! Its here. From the latest seasons of Lost, Desperate housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Prison break, ER, House to older ones like Supernatural to classics like sanford and son , touched by an angel, A Team and different strokes etc. Not to forget the specials like american idols, lets dance and probably Naija sings that they are organising now.

Mnet Action( New movies found here plus new seasons of action series like 24. Season 7 of 24 is currently showing here. )

Hallmark(Happy to see very new movies here not the pre-millenium movies they show on himix)

BBC Entertainment( This channel seems to be relatively new but they are already filling up with interesting series of their own and entertaining comedies from the british perspective).

BET( Black Entertainment Tv)

Sony Entertainment Tv( Am sure the hitv subscribers know about this one so, )

Go( Entertainment mostly targeted at Teens and young adults)

E!

TSN( The style network)

FTV(Fashion Tv)

Africa Magic( New Nollywood movies not the old crappy ones they show on hitv)

Africa Magic+( Other african movies)

Magic World

Specialties

TV5 ( French. I watch french league live matches here).

Rai(Italian. I watch Italian league live matches here).

RTP( Portuguese. They show some portuguese league matches sometimes.

Local Channels

Channels, AIT, NTA2plus, Silverbird TV, MITV

So tell me people. What in the world made HITV think they have arrived. They dont have half of what DSTV has in this compact package with only 300 naira diference.
Or maybe they feel KOKO Mansion is the koko to make us watch  grin .

I am continueing to wean myself of football. By the next football season, I would be ready to go watch any "important" match at a sports bar. Would be a lot more interesting than being holed up all day indoors on a weekend.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by aieromon(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2009
Guys,ki ni big deal?
Personally,i'm alright with the increment because it comes with an increased football content.for those that have a problem with football,you can decide to pay less.
Looks like a win-win situation to me.
Do me a favor all you guys on the compact bouquet of DSTV and ask the dudes on the full package why they spend that much for cable TV.
All i want is unrestricted access to the EPL and the champions league and i'm definitely sho i won't die a dull boy
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by segundash(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
aieromon:

Guys,ki ni big deal?
Personally,i'm alright with the increment because it comes with an increased football content.for those that have a problem with football,you can decide to pay less.
Looks like a win-win situation to me.
Do me a favor all you guys on the compact bouquet of DSTV and ask the dudes on the full package why they spend that much for cable TV.
All i want is unrestricted access to the EPL and the champions league and i'm definitely sho i won't die a dull boy

@aieromon
Yes u are right, but the problem is, any CableTV's survival is based on the number of subscribers multiplied by monthly subscription minus payment for rights. I'm not saying everybody will dump HITV, but they need a minimum number of subscribers to be alive not to talk of making profit. Something similar is happening to Setanta Sports as we speak.

You can read about it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8090633.stm
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
My next month hitv would understand what it means 2 lose customers. Urfriend is so silent about dis issue.WHY?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2009
Maybe subair should go read this setanta issue,it's nt even dat they increased der sub. fee,they are losing rights jst lyk hitv jst lost la-liga to dstv(God,y did it happen now wen d era of galacticos is coming back).As 4 urfriend,he cnt say anytin now,he's been trained lyk dat,who has time 2 cal hitv cust. care 2 ask dem wat?I paid 4 hitv ds month and next only because of ZEE CINEMA,d best channel so far,i've heard it's on mytv too,probably dt wud b a gud option.Let me kip my fingers crosd sha.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bluehorizo(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone have a DSTV yellow card or the version 5? Pls contact me if you do. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to HI RUBBISH!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by samsanyus(m): 8:00am On Jun 10, 2009
@ Bluehorizo, you started this thread about a year and a half ago, Jan 17,2008, 12:52pm to be precise and ever since then, there has been 40,558 viewers , 2083 replies and still counting. It has been a thread subsribers share and get information on HITV. Why on earth are you posting a farewell message? You can as well correct me if I'm wrong, hope you are not putting an end to what you started 2 years ago. I joined HITV group on facebook but not as active as Hirubbish on Nairaland. We may think the management is making a big mistake but they may have strategies. Let's see how it goes, in 2 months time and when another season starts, we shall see how we(subscribers) and they( Hitv) survive.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 10:12am On Jun 10, 2009
Goodluck HiTV, See You some other times. would watch my matches at business centres

I can't Imagine paying 2500 for just football
i heard there is one canal france, would check that out, but my prob would be as it sounds, it would be french, any aw it would improve my french speaking ability.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by segundash(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2009
samsanyus:

@ Bluehorizo, you started this thread about a year and a half ago, Jan 17,2008, 12:52pm to be precise and ever since then, there has been 40,558 viewers , 2083 replies and still counting. It has been a thread subsribers share and get information on HITV. Why on earth are you posting a farewell message? You can as well correct me if I'm wrong, hope you are not putting an end to what you started 2 years ago. I joined HITV group on facebook but not as active as Hirubbish on Nairaland. We may think the management is making a big mistake but they may have strategies. Let's see how it goes, in 2 months time and when another season starts, we shall see how we(subscribers) and they( Hitv) survive.

Word.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. The forces of demand and supply will always decide the winner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (58) (Reply)

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed / BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.