Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72212 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
maskuraid:

Ilugun my broda,i dey envy u o.my landlord no gree allow anoda dish 4 house me sef 4 don move.had 2 shell 44grand 4 a whole yr 4 hitv 2 placat madam who's a gunner 2 d bone.my plan is 2 go all d way by installn nilesat as soon as nu crib materialise.i hear dts like tv heaven.meanwhile sha,m stuck wit ebute metta.
Hey Maskuraid, just like other have said, you do not need another dish for DSTV, you can share the same dish, this is because HiTV and DSTV dish position are same (same angle and position).
This is what I do, I downloaded all DSTV and HiTV on my strong and I manually switch cards but of late, I have been using only DSTV, I am enjoying the full package,
@house,
Anyone with DSTV dual receiver decoder for sale?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Twy: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2009
anyone interested in an Hitv consumer complaints action group? I have a small grouse with the company but also want to work with them on how to be more committed to the demands of the subscriber.

If interested please state honestly your feelings, complaints about hitv. Also if possible state clearly the ownership of hitv, even possible silent partners.

My email address is alexseems@yahoo.com
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Mercy2002: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2009
How can i get tv schedule for programs on hitv.I dont have the hitv mag
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GTay(m): 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2009
Mercy2002:

How can i get tv schedule for programs on hitv.I dont have the hitv mag

@Mercy: You would have to visit hitv website regularly as they do not have the monthly tv guide dstv subscribers enjoy.
Its a shame really because for me when i was still a hitv subscriber i always had to check their website to find out when matches would be played! Imagine the stress angry Add to this the lack of functionality on the service (e.g no Program reminders; no movie information etc)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by squad1: 5:07am On Aug 12, 2009
like play like play HiTV is folding up,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 7:40am On Aug 12, 2009
squad1:

like play like play HiTV is folding up,

I think the owner/CEO is a very stubborn person. Just look at this forum, most of us here started with Hitv and were supporting them against DSTV but almost all of us that started with this thread from the beginning have switched to DSTV.

It should be alarming to the owners cause this is just the reflection of what could be happening outside. I hope they see reason, shelve their over-bloated ego and revert to the old sub fees. The only addition that would make sense would be N500. Not more than that.

The more the merrier. Its better they have many more subscribers paying and new subscribers signing up at N4, 500, than fewer subscribers paying 6k.

Its their call anyway. We are all watching
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2009
for all those who av turned there living rooms into stadio emirate, stamford bridge, del appi, old trafford, mastella, bernabeau, nou camp, guiseappi meaza, etc. The show is now at sport bars, cos this 6k is complete rip off. I think HITV have been paid to close down there outfit, and this is the way they choose to shutdown. @All, if u guys are not aware there is a foriegn cartel paying our indigenous companies incredible amount of money they can ever make to shut down. this is currently happening in the north. Like they pay Dantata to buy this companies and close it down. SAD
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2009
Is anybody home?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
l.a.t.o:

for all those who av turned there living rooms into stadio emirate, stamford bridge, del appi, old trafford, mastella, bernabeau, nou camp, guiseappi meaza, etc. The show is now at sport bars, cos this 6k is complete rip off. I think HITV have been paid to close down there outfit, and this is the way they choose to shutdown. @All, if u guys are not aware there is a foriegn cartel paying our indigenous companies incredible amount of money they can ever make to shut down. this is currently happening in the north. Like they pay Dantata to buy this companies and close it down. SAD

UMS (U make sense)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ekonibaje(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2009
hi all@i just wanna confirm dis,frm hitv --is dis thru some hitv are collectg 20,000 frm view center, in apapa,ufriend pls tell d house.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2009
@eko
Cant get u clearly,is hitv doin it as a bonanza for V.C or wat?
Pple no wan pay 4 hitv pls tell dem 2 com,season go start 2moro,make una follow me go watch 4 viewing centres o grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2009
now they realize people ar only interested in them 4 da football sake, and now that they want to be too wise, Viewing centre here we com ojare. Evenhough 4 those of us in the core north, viewing centres are volatile. God help us
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2009
so apart from football der is nothing else on hitv .no more wwe.i hate hi criminals
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2009
hitv should pls drop all der rights and let a better paytv company take over.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2009
upon all d iaaf dey show on hisports2 dey cant show d 1 starting 2day in berlin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2009
After paying 6k ,i still have to go and pay to watch manutd match today in dstv sport viewing center,and also dstv will still be showing manutd match on saturday,so wht is the meaning of EXCLUSIVELY for hitv.

Then there is no need no waste my time with hitv u guys are BIG JOKE.

HITV is a disgrace to payTv, poor quality presentation, pre independence films,repeat programs like God know hw many times,some of the crap channels are not suppose to be on a paytv really disgusting.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2009
I hear DSTV has created a new subscription package that is N1,500. I dont know the channels that would be there but i guess they will pack it with local stations and africa magic and maybe E! . I also hear that the compact package will now be N4, 500 and the Premium N9,500. The family will remain N2,500.

Can anyone confirm this?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 5:23am On Aug 17, 2009
@soloqy, i also heard about it yesterday. They add 500 naira on their premium unlike hi nonsense. Anyway sha God go judge.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 5:26am On Aug 17, 2009
They said they will start by sept. 1st
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2009
Mayb
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2009
I stil dnt understand why they didnt show the man u game,
That was mess'd up
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
Dclique:

I stil dnt understand why they didnt show the man u game,
That was mess'd up

U mean HITV? They only av 80% rights for premiership(8 games/week), Dstv has 20%(2 games/week), except for midweek matches where they wud show all matches involving at least all of the big teams". They also said they have 100% rights for the UCL.Maybe from the group stages sha cos dstv has been showing it from the 1st round and they wud also air some playoff matches,we've nt heard anything from Hitv.There is a way they sign their contracts,it's nt always straight.
@ochuks
WWE indeed,i guess u wud av to wait a lil longer,As per their films, It is well, let me advice that u buy 201in1 dvd,so dat u can be updated,my best channel so far on hitv is ZEE CINEMA,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2009
They should just allow DSTV get the rights back.
Don't know why they had to give HItv.

Now HItv only will show the UCL.
They will make a mess of it through poor quality pix.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nezan(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
BlueDiva:

They should just allow DSTV get the rights back.
Don't know why they had to give HItv.

Now HItv only will show the UCL.
They will make a mess of it through poor quality pix.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by naso2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2009
Its difficult for me not to believe that HITV and DSTV are working together behind the scenes. because b4 hitv one would get everything from DSTV, now while DSTV subscription has not reduced , the content has.

Now one can not have it complete except when both HITV and DSTV are combined.
How I go dey pay 15k every month for looking alone, when I am not one of the bank debtors EFCC is looking for? ABEG.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ekonibaje(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2009
i cant understand wat a true nigerian means?many view center around here as stop using hitv,i was told dat hitv wat to start charging view center 20,000 naira monthly,hw come,callg up the view center on phone dat der are task force nw .20,000 naira 4 wat.dis is nt proudly nig.ipls urfriend wat can u say abt dis.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by naso2(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2009
ekonibaje:

i cant understand wat a true nigerian means?many view center around here as stop using hitv,i was told dat hitv wat to start charging view center 20,000 naira monthly,hw come,callg up the view center on phone dat der are task force nw .20,000 naira 4 wat.dis is nt proudly nig.ipls urfriend wat can u say abt dis.

Dont mind them o jare. I was reading in the papers yesterday when they were saying they sensed the passion that Nigerians have for the UCL thats why they got the franchise for our viewing pleasure. I almost threw up.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
ekonibaje:

shocked shocked shocked :oGod forbid bad thing? Is that 20k for a month or a year and besides,wat is the job of the task force angry angry angry angry,if they try it, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@all
For u to get the best, u have to get both,there is definitely an underground arrangement btw, NBC,DSTV and HITV.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2009
@na so
which papers jare my broda?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by const6(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
@all,

I have a clean DSTV PVR/Dual View decorder with two Remote Controls, an unmarried smart Card for sale at a cheap
rate of 45,000 (negotiable).

Features:
Pause,
Record a channel while watching another
Record up to 80 hours of programme

If interested, call me on 08065743525 or email sinewyconst@yahoo.com
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
na_so:

Its difficult for me not to believe that HITV and DSTV are working together behind the scenes. because b4 hitv one would get everything from DSTV, now while DSTV subscription has not reduced , the content has.

Now one can not have it complete except when both HITV and DSTV  are combined.
How I go dey pay 15k  every month for looking alone, when I am not one of the bank debtors EFCC is looking for? ABEG.

Bros, they are not working together anything. They are all doing their own thing.

ekonibaje:

ekonibaje,

Its a fight that Hitv cannot win. If they decide to fight the people then they should be ready to close shop. Instead of doing the right thing i.e reduce the fee back to N4,500, they are making noise in the newspapers about charging viewing centers 20k per month and hotels 150k. Thats absurd.

Its the sound of a confused and drowning company. Toyin Subair should just get off his high horse, push aside his over-bloated ego and do the right thing.

They are no way in the category of Dstv so they shouldn't start now to misbehave.

For all their people who read this forum messages, you have to understand that paying 6k per month just to watch champions league and Premier League is a hard sell.

I watched the Manu vs Birmingham match as well as the Man city vs Blackburn match. I also watched up to three portugese league live matches on super sport max. I watched the barcelona cup match yesterday night as well as the Real madrid friendly on saturday. I watched the IAAF championships live. All on DSTV. Plus , i could watch all the movies, documentaries and news i wanted at all times.

I am getting used to it by the day and i will not be paying for hitv subscription just yet.

(I watched my arsenal match at viewing center on saturday so no shaking).

They say on their site and on billboards "We won the Champions league just for you" . Who sent them on that errand?

They should have left it for DSTV and AIT and focussed on their premiership and leave the subscription as it was.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2009
QUITE CLEAR VIEWING CENTRE OPERATORS HAVE BEEN MAKING A KILL OVERTIME PAYING N4,000 TO RAKE IN WELL OVER 60K PER MONTH LESS OPERATING EXPENSES, ITS PAYBACK TIME!

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / BBNaija: Tacha’s Achievements At 23 That 'Seyi Can't Achieve'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.