Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72084 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
Hello all,

Has HiTV called anyone? They called me and my uncle.

HiTV is calling their subscribers. They want to find out why people have not being renewing their subscription, as if that is not obvious enough. cool
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
donaremu:

Hello all,

Has HiTV called anyone? They called me and my uncle.

HiTV is calling their subscribers. They want to find out why people have not being renewing their subscription, as if that is not obvious enough. cool

@donaremu thats very funny.

They dont need any Ifa priest or oracle to tell them why.

I am enjoying all the hassle free options on DSTV compact. And rather than pay 6k to hitv for only premiership and champions league without any claim on quality entertainment, I would rather pay the 9k Premium of DSTV and watch all the Laliga, Serie A, Three Live English Premiership matches per week, French Championat, All the Grade A friendlies and world cup qualifiers, MLS, Scotish Premiership, Brasilian league and also all the world cups both junior and senior. Add that to all the great movies, documentaries, series and realities that you too can testify of.

Bros, hitv are digging their own grave
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 6:04am On Aug 06, 2009
@micro, u're talkin about ctl in the east. What about the west like ibadan.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Unseen(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2009
@micros
Can you please give us a complete list of Ctl channels to enable us measure them. Thanks
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2009
poor them, are they now sampling people's opinion. I pray they call me.

HIBORING
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by switched(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2009
@soloqy
soloqy:

I am enjoying all the hassle free options on DSTV compact. And rather than pay 6k to hitv for only premiership and champions league without any claim on quality entertainment, I would rather pay the 9k Premium of DSTV and watch all the Laliga, Serie A, Three Live English Premiership matches per week, French Championat, All the Grade A friendlies and world cup qualifiers, MLS, Scotish Premiership, Brasilian league and also all the world cups both junior and senior. Add that to all the great movies, documentaries, series and realities that you too can testify of.

Hello broda, long time! You couldn't have said it better. I've been kept away from this thread cos I've been having a great time since I moved over to DSTV. After the wedding, the wife compelled me to upgrade to DSTV Premium from Compact and trust me, I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Yes, 9k monthly is a lot of money. I'm not that rich yet, but I can see I am getting great value for my money.

I'll never understand why HITV thinks they can make folks pay more money for less and poorer quality content, talkless of appalling customer care. If they don't know why their subscribers are not renewing their subscriptions then they are even worse businessmen than I thought.

How you dey jare my brother?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2009
Why should hitv be asking why customers are not subscribing?How do dey expect customers 2 pay 6k 4 just 31 channels.No movie channel, no wild life channel,no entertainment.No pre season matches. Dey think every thing is football. Dey expect us 2 pay 6k just 4 champions leaugue and premiership.Things dont work dis way
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2009
Thank God we all have options, 6k the same amount i pay 4 ma monthly VISAFONE Internet Connection (Daily Surfing i.e 12 hour) i think i better stick to this one.

Uncle Toyin, hope u ar following.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
I cant just help but keep laughing. Have they scrapped Hilife again, i saw hi movies this morning (resumes at 9:00am), which kain film dem dey show? wetin be bloomberg? chei!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
Just found out that bloomberg was brot in to replace cnbc, it's a channel dedicated to finance. go to www.bloomberg.com for more details or find out on wikipedia. Se na wetin we ask for b dis? Na wa o
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 6:42am On Aug 07, 2009
Pls any add of wia i can get CTL in benin city?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by harmeenut: 8:49am On Aug 07, 2009
Dear People,
For a low income earner that wants to subscribe to either DSTV or HiTV which one would you advise based on your experience. If I go for DSTV, can I enjoy football?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2009
Hooged,
If you are in Benin, CTL office is at 29A Uwa street, B/W 2nd & 3rd East circular rd . Go get yours, and enjoy your EPL, CHAMPION LEAGUE AND CARLING CUP FOR JUST 2,650. Season starts next week.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
@harmeenut
Football on HITV: English Premiership, Carling Cup, Uefa Champions League, 2 serie A matches(not grade A), europa league, 2/3 scottish and russian league matches, @6k per month
Football on DSTV: La liga, Seria Matches(Grade A), international friendlies,brazilian league, kenyan league, southafrica league,naija league, English FA cup, World cup of any level(both male and female), MLS, 2 premiership matches and more@ 9k per month
Decide urself o,if God blesses U well enuf, Go 4 d two (dstv and hitv).
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
@micros. Wat about dish and decoder price.pls ASAP.just curious
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2009
@hamer' Dstv na baba,as 4 me i only watch man utd game and aint think i can pay 6k for six man utd macth in a month, tufiakua.there are alot of interestin channels u can enjoy if u subscribe to dstv viz znrtv.mm1,2,action,hallmark,e,supersport 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.espn,nageo tv,nageo wild,cha o,mtv,mtv base,trace,rai tv,tv 5, a lot, ,guy if u feel avoid 9k go 4 dstv
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2009
hooged,
you do not need dish to access CTL signal, all you need are in thier complete parck. Just visit them, Enjoy your matches with far less than 6k.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 10:45am On Aug 08, 2009
@ micros thanks i'll go there on tuesday.pls can u pls the list of available statn.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ekonibaje(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2009
hi,all

i-o-t-a,

hw u dey,hope u dey enjoy the koko.

hitv as slow the pace for both the dealers and the subcribers,is hitv for big incomer earner or low income earner,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2009
Is anybody home? Helloö.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2009
@ekonibaje

tanx 4 da patch i have downloaded it.

house wats da latest fron HITV
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by MyHiDsDaar: 6:38am On Aug 10, 2009
Ha @micros men u are saying the truth , recently i paid my cousin a visit in owerri and to my suprise i saw 3 aljazeera and 2 showtime channels on ctl's bouquets and they are gearing up for the new season, this guys are not scared ooo are the joking or what how can they infringe on someones exclusivity, i dont think the managers are in their right state of mind or do the want the company to be sealed off. For the record hitv has the exclusive right to both epl and uefa champions league in Nigeria while in the middle east it is by showtime and aljazeera respectively period. Pls sb shld give me the ph no of ctl's owner his managers wan finish him, or wait a min, i suspect that there might be an arrangement btw the 2 companies if there is good news to people in the east, bad news to soccer centres across the nation, but if there is no such thing , i spell DOOM FOR CTL
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hooged: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2009
@myhidsdear, i'll rather go to show center than pay 6k to wacth only foothball on HITV, guy keep ur fuckin lips shuk,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
Dear MyHiDaar, nothing like right ownership. We have been enjoying our EPL and Champion league together with Carling cup uninterrupted over 8 years. Hitv rght ends in Lagos. I will talk to you next week after the matches. If they think they have rights, let them come to the East and show us their strenght. Get connected and say bye bye to 6k.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
switched:

@soloqy
Hello broda, long time! You couldn't have said it better. I've been kept away from this thread cos I've been having a great time since I moved over to DSTV. After the wedding, the wife compelled me to upgrade to DSTV Premium from Compact and trust me, I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Yes, 9k monthly is a lot of money. I'm not that rich yet, but I can see I am getting great value for my money.

I'll never understand why HITV thinks they can make folks pay more money for less and poorer quality content, talkless of appalling customer care. If they don't know why their subscribers are not renewing their subscriptions then they are even worse businessmen than I thought.

How you dey jare my brother?

Hey switched, whats up?

Congrats on the wedding bro. No be small thing o.

Hope alls well with madame smiley .

I just upgraded to dstv premium.

Well to say that Dstv is very senior to hitv would be an understatement.

Anyways, i decided i would stick with the laliga and the two live premiership matches per week from dstv plus all the entertainment and the other football options available.
There is no way i will pay 6k just to watch premiership and champions league.
Whenever Arsenal is playing, I will go to a sports bar.

@micros
Stop feeling tough. The only reason i can imagine you are watching the premiership on CTL in the east, is because HITV has sold them some right to show it over there.

Its not because of some bravado on the part of the CTL owners nor on your part.

Get it right, as of now, HITV has the sole rights to the premiership in the whole of Nigeria and no other Network.

I cant believe that the owner of CTL would brazenly infringe on another persons right knowing the consequences.

If on the other hand, they are stealing it and showing it illegally, whether they are feeding from showtime, aljazeera or wherever, then rest assured that they will be arrested and thier offices locked up soon enough.

I dont think that would be the case though cause i believe CTL has an arrangement with Hitv just as they had with DSTV to show CNN, cartoon network and a few other stuff some time ago.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
Wao!, been ages i visited this thread. how you guys doing. And wusup with Hitv now?. The point is wifey made so much threat and blackmail that I had no choice but to give them Dstv at home, so I have  little to do with Hitv now.

Perhaps I might subscribe when the Premeirship gets hot, but for now am gamed with Dstv wink
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by segundash(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2009
ilugunboy:

Wao!, been ages i visited this thread. how you guys doing. And wusup with Hitv now?. The point is wifey made so much threat and blackmail that I had no choice but to give them Dstv at home, so I have  little to do with Hitv now.

Perhaps I might subscribe when the Premeirship gets hot, but for now am gamed with Dstv wink

me 2 grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bodiaye: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
I just upgraded my DSTV from 4.3k to 9k. I must confess am back to having fun.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
Ilugun my broda,i dey envy u o.my landlord no gree allow anoda dish 4 house me sef 4 don move.had 2 shell 44grand 4 a whole yr 4 hitv 2 placat madam who's a gunner 2 d bone.my plan is 2 go all d way by installn nilesat as soon as nu crib materialise.i hear dts like tv heaven.meanwhile sha,m stuck wit ebute metta.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2009
maskuraid,

How u dey?

I dont think you need to install another dish to use DSTV(thats if you were thinking of getting it).

I am using the same dish that i used for hitv to get dstv since they both face the same sattelite.

And if you get the dual card strong decoder that people are talking about now, you would have been able to use it for the two with one dish.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 6:28am On Aug 11, 2009
Roger dt soloqy.i dey kampe norin do me.'l look @ d dual view option tho somtin inside of me stil dey beef dstv.na hitv fault sha say we dey look outside.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 11, 2009
Hey mask!, been long brov. Yes i was just thinking like you- beefing Dstv: thinking that they have cheated Nigerians for so long, but now we know better that Hitv is going to be even worse giving the same opportunity.

Like Soloqy said, you definetly don't need two dishes for Hitv and Dstv since they are both on Eutelsat W4 platform.

All I do now is just to switch between Av1(Dstv) and Av2(Hitv) (Uses the HDMI mode for my DVD) and when my sub for Hitv expires in Sept, I will kukuma upgrade finally to Dstv Prem and join friends at the sport bars to watch the matches. Power of choice tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (58) (Reply)

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed / BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.