Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72068 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
mreds:

Hitv has won the epl bid 4 d next 3 seasons in naija. Gud 4 dem bt we might be paying 12k/month com next year.

Is that confirmed? From where?

Anyways, am now used to watching the ones I cant get on DSTV at sports bars.

I cant trade the DSTV for HITV.Its not possible. Entertainment wise, DSTV is miles and miles away from HITV
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 4:02am On Nov 14, 2009
@urfriend, i have called the hitv customer care for the promo. They told me that my name will be enlisted for the promo since i have nt pay on my card for over five months. I just want to know the number of days it will take before my card will be activated.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 4:23am On Nov 14, 2009
@urfriend, i have called the hitv customer care for the promo. They told me that my name will be enlisted for the promo since i have nt pay on my card for over five months. I just want to know the number of days it will take before my card will be activated.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 4:38am On Nov 14, 2009
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
HITV has not or will never win any epl rights.dey dont have d ability 2 deliver efficiently.let daar or dstv take it
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2009
Outdated ochuks,it's a pity dat we cnt change it now,hitv has retained d epl rights in naija 4 d next 3 seasons. I aint so happy abt it cos of the ineffectiveness of their platform. It is well sha
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2009
@mreds

Can you show us a link to the news or some confirmation?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2009
HiTV just introduced a new bouquet that shows 20 stations for 1900 naira.
4 News channels, 4 Movies channels, 4 Music&Lifestyle channels, 2 Kid channels, 2 Sport channels, 2 Xtain channels and 2 Local channels.
But compare with DSTV 1500 naira 29 channels bouquet. I think HiTV is joking.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
They should only have 1 bouquet. They don't have enough channels yet.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2009
They should only have 1 bouquet. They don't have enough channels yet.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mjay(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2009
donaremu:

HiTV just introduced a new bouquet that shows 20 stations for 1900 naira.
4 News channels, 4 Movies channels, 4 Music&Lifestyle channels, 2 Kid channels, 2 Sport channels, 2 Xtain channels and 2 Local channels.

Thats what they say, but can we know the channels they are talking about?  Let somebody please list the channels.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2009
Hi All,

Here are the channels on CORRECT BOUQUET:-

News: BBC World News, FOX news, Aljazeera, Bloomberg

Movies & Series: HiMix, HiNolly, Amuludun, Sony

Music & Lifestlye: Nigezie, BET, E!, Biscon

Kiddies: HiKids, KidsCo

Sports: Eurosports, Setanta Africa

Indigenous: STV, TVC

Religious: God TV, Dove Vision

Radio: Rhythm 93.7, Classic Fm, Beat fm, Brilla Fm
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2009
@soloqy
i listened 2 d sportvision crew celebrating on 1 of der radio broadcast some days back,dey also said dat we shld watch out 4 sumtin special from dem on hitv coming soon.
@urfriend
even those on d premium bouquet r not yet well catered for,u guys went ahead wit correct bouquet. Aint u guys tired of complaints,why r u just acting as anoda PDP?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 7:52am On Nov 19, 2009
I think its still screwed up.
You guys are not ready to have more than a bouquet.
Just reduce the price.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by coolguyz(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2009
uhmmm, we are rily stucked wt HiTv as regards the EPL ooo. learnt they won 100% of the rights for the next 3 seasons. So, the small 2 matches we watch on other platforms gone!

we keep hoping as we'v bn hoping for hw long now that Hi Tv will add more entertainment channels to their premium bouquet.

God dey sha, the same monopoly we were trying to fight by supporting HiTv wen it started is now what they use in haunting us, wish i did nt fall in luv wt EPL dis much
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by hancock(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160162

HiTV Wins English League Rights Again
By Chinyere Okoye, 11.19.2009

Nigeria’s pay TV company, HiTV, has won the exclusive broadcast rights for the Barclays Premier league for 2010-2013 seasons. The company won the rights for the Nigerian territory in a highly competitive bid Thursday last week. The company, which has in the past two seasons held the majority broadcast rights to the league, did not however disclose the amount it paid for the new deal. It currently screens eight out of 10 matches every week, leaving one as free-to-air while Multichoice screens one or two matches via DStv. This development, however, means HiTV will now have exclusive pay TV rights to broadcast the championship in the country. This was disclosed in a statement signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Football Association Premier League, Mr Richard Scudamore. Chief Executive Officer of the Hi Media Group, Mr. Toyin Subair, said: “We have been awarded the television, mobile and Internet rights for another three seasons – 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13. The Premier League did not break up the rights into two separate packages like the previous seasons but bundled all the matches into one package which we won. As such, HiTV now owns 100 per cent of the rights.” Explaining further, he said: “Over the last two years, we have been broadcasting the Premier League live to Nigerians in the comfort of their homes at a price they can afford. Nigerians can now look forward to another four years of continued qualitative enjoyment of premium soccer. HiTV can also now consolidate on its achievements, grow its subscriber base further and build an even more sustainable business. HiTV is also now better positioned to help brands, advertisers and marketing agencies who want to take a long-term perspective towards using soccer as a launch pad and/or platform for their brands.” Aside from conventional contractual obligations especially related to payment of rights fees, THISDAY learnt that there are no unusual conditions attached to the rights. Also speaking, the Chief Operating Officer of the Hi Media Group, Mr. Olumide Amure, stated that HiTV subscribers “should be on the lookout for more value-added services such as mobile downloads, opportunities to watch the matches on the Internet, travel to watch their teams play live in stadiums, visit their teams dressing rooms and even have interviews with their favourite players.” HiTV won the rights to broadcast the world’s most popular football league in 2006 beginning from the 2007-08 session, dislodging Multichoice which had held the broadcast rights for the African continent.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
Wahala Dey.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2009
[color=][/color]
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by figment232(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Congrats HITV for beating shylock dstv to obtaining the rights for the English Premier league for the next 3yrs.Here is hoping that this unprecedented achievement would translate to reverting of your subscription rate back to N4000 or at least N4500 per month pending when you would finally decide to add more rich contents to your bouquent.CONGRATS!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
HiTV again wins Barclays Premier League Rights, 100%

Nigeria’s PAY TV Company, HiTV has again won the exclusive broadcast rights for the Barclays Premier league for 2010-2013 season. The company won the rights for the Nigerian territory in a highly competitive bid last week Thursday. It will be recalled that HiTV has in the past two seasons held majority broadcast rights to the League. This current development however, indicates that HiTV will now have exclusive pay TV rights to broadcast the competition in the country.

The disclosure was made in a statement signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Football Asssociation Premier League, Mr Richard Scudamore. In a related release credited to a visibly elated Chief Executive Officer of the HiMedia Group, Mr. Toyin Subair, he said “We have been awarded the television, mobile and Internet rights for another three seasons -20010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13. The Premier League did not break up the rights into two separate packages like the previous seasons but bundled all the matches into one package which we won. As such, HiTV now owns 100 percent rights” Explaining further, he said “Over the last two years, we have been broadcasting the Premier League live to Nigerians in the comfort of their homes at a price they can afford. Nigerians can now look forward to another four years of continued qualitative enjoyment of premium soccer. HiTV can also now consolidate on its achievements, grow its subscriber base further and build an even more sustainable business. HiTV is also now better positioned to help brands, advertisers and marketing agencies who want to take a long term perspective towards using soccer as a launch pad and/or platform for their brands.”

Aside from conventional contractual obligations especially related to payment of rights fees, our source learnt reliably gathered that there are no unusual conditions attached to the rights. Also speaking, the Chief Operating Officer of the HiMedia Group, Mr. Olumide Amure stated that “HiTV subscribers should be on the lookout for more value added services such as mobile downloads, opportunities to watch the matches on the Internet, travel to watch their teams play live in stadiums, visit their teams dressing rooms and even have interviews with their favourite players.”

HiTV’s advent into the Pay TV scene in Nigeria over two years ago completely revolutionized the industry especially with the affordable posititioning which afforded hundreds of thousands of Nigerians the opportunity to own a Pay TV, hitherto considered a luxury.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hi All,

Expect the best from HiTV very soon, watch this space.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by koyuid(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
urfriend:

Hi All,

Expect the best from HiTV very soon, watch this space.
GO Bleep YOURSELF
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Mortiple(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
Creating CORRECT BOUQUET will definitely not improve your market.  What happened to CLASSIC BOUQUET that was introduced earlier which had all except sports channels at N3,500? Obviously, the strategy failed!

HITV will never assume market leadership as far as PayTV is concerned in Nigeria unless they adopt the simple marketing strategy of charge less subscription and get more patronage (of course, LESS IS MORE).

What does HITV has that other PAYTV don't?  NOTHING! Are all subscribers EPL fans? NO! They should always bear it in mind that Nigerians have been exposed to quality PayTV channels, therefore anything less will be unacceptable.  HITV should swallow their pride and reduce their charge accordingly. N4,500 for Premium Bouquet will make a whole lot of sense!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2009
100%? Fine, e ku orire o but wat's d big deal if the rights is renewed? All the same delay and heartbreaks? Nah!!!!!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by senga: 10:42am On Nov 20, 2009
Congratulations to Hitv, $150 million over three years, not cheap (last time $28 million); plus 107 million Euros for the Champions league (about $155 million over two years).

If my maths are correct minimum outgoing for these two alone per year is over $125 million (approximately 22.875 Billion Naira), now with say 600,000 subscribers which is believed to be the saturation of football viewers in Nigeria. This would mean that 3177 Naira on each subscriber per month would go towards paying only for the football.

From my contacts Hitv is paying fees to other channels on a max of 150,000 per month, if that is the case 12,708 Naira will be going to pay for the football alone.

What I am saying is what chance do subscribers stand on getting a reduction on their fees? - none. In fact I guarantee now they have the monopoly on the EPL watch the football packages go up, they must.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
senga:

Congratulations to Hitv, $150 million over three years, not cheap (last time $28 million); plus 107 million Euros for the Champions league (about $155 million over two years).

If my maths are correct minimum outgoing for these two alone per year is over $125 million (approximately 22.875 Billion Naira), now with say 600,000 subscribers which is believed to be the saturation of football viewers in Nigeria. This would mean that 3177 Naira on each subscriber per month would go towards paying only for the football.

From my contacts Hitv is paying fees to other channels on a max of 150,000 per month, if that is the case 12,708 Naira will be going to pay for the football alone.

What I am saying is what chance do subscribers stand on getting a reduction on their fees? - none. In fact I guarantee now they have the monopoly on the EPL watch the football packages go up, they must.

At 6k many of us dumped hitv(and am not ready to go back). If they still increase it, they will have only viewing centers as their customers.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
One of their customer care called me yesterday evening on my way home and was virtually begging me to come back to renew my subscription, and I told him hell no!. This shows sign of desperation.

I made him to realize that if a fiercely loyal customer like me can dump their platform, it goes to show that something is fundamentally wrong somewhere and that thing is the pricing. With all sense of modesty, 6K/month is not much for me pay, but I can't justify it with what currently is obtainable on HITV.

The fair-value like the accountants will always say should be in the neighbourhood of =N=4,500 - =N=5,000.00 for the premium package per month.

Am not interested in all those other silly packages.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
ilugunboy:

One of their customer care called me yesterday evening on my way home and was virtually begging me to come back to renew my subscription, and I told him hell no!. This shows sign of desperation.

I made him to realize that if a fiercely loyal customer like me can dump their platform, it goes to show that something is fundamentally wrong somewhere and that thing is the pricing. With all sense of modesty, 6K/month is not much for me pay, but I can't justify it with what currently is obtainable on HITV.

The fair-value like the accountants will always say should be in the neighbourhood of =N=4,500 - =N=5,000.00 for the premium package per month.

Am not interested in all those other silly packages.

My brother Ilugunboy, 4.5k is the fairest value. 5k would still not be worth it.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by solo1ng1: 7:16am On Nov 24, 2009
@ urfriend,
It make more economical sense for you guys to reduce you fee to N4,500, everybody will be happy and you will be making your cool money and gaining more subscriber base, don't you have accountants or analyst in your coy that can do the math projection for you, the money is their for all dstv subscribers to migrate to Hitv, but its under one and one condition, fee must be reduced, that is the points of millions of nigerian.
This is it, e.g.
Ur current subscriber with 6k ==== 100,000 ==== N600,000,000.00
Reduced to N4.5k, u must have ==== 500,000 ==== N2,250,000,000.00
U will definately get X5 more subscribers with reduced fee and make more money, sell more dish, decoders and smarth cards and even your agents and major dealers will be making more money on sales and installations.
Just try it in form of a promo for december to january, that ur subscription is now N4.5k and let see the response and the profit u'll be making, especially with this ur new EPL contract, most people will not stress dem self in turning to HITV, but for now, we are all looking for more better options.
Try and be Nigerian and think nigerian, money no easy to get, I CANNOT SUFFER TO GET MY MONEY AMD ALSO SUFFER TO SPEND IT WITH HITV,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bodiaye: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2009
Dstv called, mailed and sent sms to me to come and renew my subscription.
E go hard for all of them!
By the time we all stop paying they will respond and review their rates downwards.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2009
Any new things on HiTV,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by femo7(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
Hitv is just about football only. Rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (58) (Reply)

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed / BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.