Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,558 members, 7,865,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72221 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
mreds:

Fox entertainment na one series platform wit sitcoms lyk, alias,ally mcbeal,family guy, x-files etc, saw der prog. schedule on mytv's site,airs 1 movie per day. Goto der site 4 more. Inclusion of Fox is a "Big" threat to Set Africa. Them (Hitv) go soon practise Substitution.[color=#990000][/color]

lol, yeah, they are experts at substituting. But Sony as it is, is better than the Fox entertainment. Fox entertainment seems like  a channel that was hurriedly put together for Africa. Mytv and Hitv have jumped on it simply because they cant afford to purchase content from providers individually.I dont think its the same Fox Entertainment shown in the west that is in this Fox Africa.

On dstv a channel like Mnet Series was created by DSTV but the contents are being purchased individually from rights owners.

Pls tell, does the management of Hitv need a soothsayer to tell them the reason people are not subscribing? How come they keep calling us and asking the same thing?

I got the same call on tuesday from a lady in Hitv asking why I havent subscribed for so long and asking which part of their services I didnt like.

Needless to say that I used about 5mins to tell her everything.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
Today’s Bella Naija 25 Days of Christmas prize is a HiTV decoder with 1 year’s FREE subscription!

HiTV Questions

*How many bouquets does HiTV currently have?
*What are the HiTV bouquets called:
*What percentage of the Barclay’s Premier League rights did HiTV just win?
*Bonus Question: All HiTV subscribers receive the fab HiTV Magazine, name one person/or group of people who appeared on the cover of HiMag in 2009.
Steps to Enter

Visit HiTV’s website – Click to Visit
Follow HiTV on Twitter – HERE
Become a Fan of HiTV on Facebook – Click to Join
Join the HiMag Group on Facebook – Click to Join
Answer the easy questions
Send entries to 25days@bellanaija.com
Subject Line: HiTV
Entries should be received before 11:59PM (Eastern US Time) – Today 18th of December
Good Luck! We can’t wait to read your submissions!

Terms & Conditions for HiTV

*Entries are open to all BN readers but prizes can only be retrieved where HiTV is available in Nigeria
*Contest is only valid where contest terms do not contravene local laws
*Entries should be submitted to 25days@bellanaija.com
*Winner will be chosen at random from pool of correct entries
*Only winners will be contacted
*To promote transparency and fairness, winners names will be published on BellaNaija.com
*One prize per person throughout duration of promotion
*We will work towards ensuring that you receive your prize expediently.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
hisses wont connect the HiTV - i prefer DSTV - 100%
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 1:13am On Dec 20, 2009
@ urfriend, Is upgrading of decoder done 4 free in any hitv office? My hitv is nt showin information and schedules of programs, does dat mean i nid 2 upgrade? Pls reply
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2009
The EPG function only shows on the Hi, Stations. And it only shows if you've been upgraded to version 2.07
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2009
@dclique, is upgrading done 4 free?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 6:40pm On Dec 21, 2009
At their customer care centre, i think its free. But i did mine myself.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2009
@dclique,pls i nid ur help. Jst show me d procedure which i nid 2 follow 2 upgrade mine.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2009
Hitv aint showing Angola 2010? shocked shocked shocked
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2009
mreds:

Hitv aint showing Angola 2010? shocked shocked shocked

No, they aint. They dont have the Right. Dstv has the Rights and world cup too.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2009
But they had rights 4 ghana 08, i knw dey dnt av d WC Rights. Wat hapnd? Abi iru awoeyan wo lawon pple yi?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kaypumpin2(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2009
Is there any other way of contacting HITV apart from this 012800990 number?I have been trying this # for 2 days now without success as i paid for my re-connection on the 22nd in GTB and i am yet to be connected.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
Try mailing them
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by puskin: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2009
. . .Waste of time.
Switch to DSTV.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2009
HI wahala
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by aieromon(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Is there any other way of contacting HITV apart from this 012800990 number?I have been trying this # for 2 days now without success as i paid for my re-connection on the 22nd in GTB and i am yet to be connected.

They berra don't mess up my subscription for january cos 6ton no be beans oh.
Am off to GTB angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
puskin:

. . .Waste of time.
Switch to DSTV.

Am not defending them o!!!
but giv em more time, they will be okay
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
Dclique:

@Dclique, how long do you think HiTV deserve? My problem with them is that they are not listening to the complaints and suggestions of their subscribers. Man, I am enjoying Dstv all the way
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2009
Come january 2010,hitv wil start showin wwe(wrestling) in setanta. It's abt tym lol
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by linksman(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2009
@kkkossy,
don't be fooled. it's not Hitv that is responsible for the addition of WWE to setanta.
any body that can receive setanta africa sports channel will be able to watch WWE wrestling come January 2010.
my guys that are in the FTA forum can watch it, likewise, those with mytv subscription packages or even those on dstv package.
bottom line is, Setanta africa is responsible for bringing WWE to you come 2010, and not Hitv. grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 6:19am On Jan 01, 2010
@linksman,
wateva mehn!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2010
soloqy:

No, they aint. They dont have the Right. Dstv has the Rights and world cup too.

well, soloqy you and i know why hitv couldn't clinch the rights to angola and south africa. they spent billions making epl rich now they'v run out of funds to bid for anything else. i bet they think since their subscribers have epl they should be content with that and not have to worry about africa nations cup or the world cup! faulty management philosophy no doubt!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GTay(m): 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2010
^^^ I wonder what will be aired on Hi-Soccer during the World Cup Month lol shocked
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
GTay:

^^^ I wonder what will be aired on Hi-Soccer during the World Cup Month lol shocked
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Delayed EPL Matches grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
they keep scrolling this nasty reminder at the bottom of nearly all their channels: "come and pay, come and pay your subscription!" i just shake my head. if only they realise why people are not 'coming to pay' and begin to put their house in order, sad
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 12:25am On Jan 06, 2010
What is hitv's new frequency?. I saw a message saying i will need to scan my decoder as from 31th.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by puskin: 7:07am On Jan 06, 2010
Dclique:

How much more time would they require cos I don't see 'em improving anytime soon.
Satellite TV is more than just football.

donaremu:

@Dclique, how long do you think HiTV deserve? My problem with them is that they are not listening to the complaints and suggestions of their subscribers. Man, I am enjoying Dstv all the way

Mehn!!!! Nuttin' do U. Enjoy it all the way.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by zuuby(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2010
Dear Subscriber,

In order to serve you better we are upgrading our system which will require you to re-scan your decoder on or before the 31st January 2010.

Call 01-2800990 for more details.

What is the new frequency for those of us using the strong decoder and what are the procedures ?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Latekris: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2010
I think ya'll are being to harsh on Hitv. When dstv started it was not that good, it was just that there was nothing else like it so subscribers embraced it and it has been improving since.
Hitv has just started, the general Idea of getting the epl rights' was to get the attention of Nigeria first. Getting Fox Ent is a step in the right direction.
All the series Hi mix show could have been very nice if we all haven't already bought the dvds and watched the entire series already, When dstv started they were not selling these dvds that cheap. so people where watching their series on dstv.
And FYI it is TNA setanta shows not WWE. Someone should tell hitv to get WWE back pls.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2010
zuuby:

What is the new frequency for those of us using the strong decoder and what are the procedures ?

i guess they're finally trying to put their house in order. let's just keep our fingers crossed.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
Film, Music, Sports at your fingertips via HiMagazine.TV - see what video we have for you to watch today!

Hi All,

Happy New Decade!

With the start of the decade is the start of a great website bent to keep you abreast of the entertainment industry in Nigeria, yes Hi Magazine (Nigeria's Foremost Entertainment Magazine with a focus on Film, Music & Sports) finally has its sister website (HiMagazine.TV) where you can read the articles in the magazine, watch videos and visit our daily blog to see what's new in this ever-changing world.

This month we kicked of with Hi Magazine's main features:

EX - Beauty Queen Nike Oshinowo speaks out on her new fitness video, her plans for 2010 and her Health Issues - http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=51

Celebrating Creativy, Lara Kukoyi - http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=38

Very Interesting article on Nigerian Musicians who never have anything to say, It's called Nigerian Music & Wanton Lyrics, by Akan Ebong - http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=72

and last but not least feature is on the Super Eagles & Their search for Glory, by Jimmie Akinsola - http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=83

P.S: Be one of the 1st people to watch BANKY W.'s new video - LAGOS PARTY on our blog before it hits TV -

HiMagazine.TV - Entertainment at your fingertips! and advertisements are welcome!

Peace, Love & Life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (58) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / BBNaija: Tacha’s Achievements At 23 That 'Seyi Can't Achieve'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.