Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,920 members, 7,852,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (71877 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by maskuraid(m): 9:44am On Jan 20, 2010
@urfriend,

dats true,for us dt use d strong early version ie w/o usb port, do we havta upgrade again?i hope not cos dt means anoda round of headache like we passed thru d last time.

lets knw o,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 10:07am On Jan 20, 2010
What of dose of us that dont ave hitv branded decoder[color=][/color]
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
I saw the mail function. But the EPG isnt showing. angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
well, the mail function isn't showing probably because hitv is yet to get their act together.
it's always like them to rush to town before first checking what they want to peddle sad
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ahwuyen(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2010
@urfriend
trying to upgrade following ur instructn on ur website. after everything went off and is nt coming up again. wot do i do? i lived in abuja.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2010
Hi All,

Please find below, a list of FAQs drawn up to enable us pass the information accurately:

What is the upgrade all about? The upgrade is to ensure that all HiTV branded decoders migrate to version 2.0.11 on or before 31st January 2010 in view of the transponder change.

Is it necessary? YES. As a matter of fact, COMPULSORY

Why? Decoders not upgraded will not be able to access some of our channels by the time the migration exercise is carried out (31st Jan. 2010)

How can Subscribers carry out the upgrade? It’s a simple, Do It Yourself procedure. Simply visit www.hitv.com.ng and click on ‘DECODER UPGRADE’ button to download the software and upgrade procedure. The software is also available at all Friendship centres and Dealer outlets nationwide. Subscribers who need further assistance can call the Customer Care Hotline- 01-2800990

What if a decoder has never been upgraded? Such decoders will first have to upgrade to 2.0.7 after which the current upgrade procedure can then be implemented. The process of upgrading (to 2.0.7) is on our website: www.hitv.com.com.ng

What about STRONG decoders? STRONG decoders must be scanned before the deadline. The scanning procedure (for STRONG decoders only) is available on the website: www.hitv.com.ng
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2010
Hi All,

First of all check the version of the software on the decoder with the following steps:

Press Menu, click on System information.
Decoders on 2.0.5. software have to first upgrade to 2.0.7 before executing the process below:

The following are the detailed instructions on how to use the software from version 2.0.7 to Version 2.0.11:

1. Download the software into a flash drive (USB) from our website (www.hitv.com.ng) or get it from our dealers or any HITV office or from the mail with the attached softwares

2. Insert the flash drive into the decoder after it has been powered on

3. Press Menu on your remote control, scroll down to installation and press OK

4. Enter the pin code (0000)

5. Scroll down to Transfer and press OK

6. from the options displayed, scroll down to USB upgrade and click on it

7. Select “HITV_upgrade_V2.0.11” software.

8. click the blue button on the lower part of your remote control to transfer the file from the USB to STB and press OK

9. Wait for it to complete the process, and reboot by itself.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 10:19am On Jan 22, 2010
Hi All,

Quick steps to Scan your STRONG branded decoder
STEP 1: PRESS MENU ON YOUR REMOTE CONTROL

STEP 2: CLICK OK ON INSTALLATION

STEP 3: ENTER THE PIN CODE (0000)

STEP 4: SCROLL DOWN TO MANUAL SCAN AND PRESS OK

STEP 5: CHECK THAT THE SATELLITE IS EUTELSAT W4

STEP 6: SCROLL DOWN TO FREQUENCY

STEP 7: USE THE ARROW RIGHT BUTTON TO SEARCH FOR FREQUENCY 11900

STEP 8: ENTER ANY NUMBER ON THE REMOTE CONTROL

STEP 9 IN THE BOX THAT APPEARS, SCROLL DOWN TO EDIT AND PRESS OK

STEP 10: ENTER THE NUMBERS 12092 ON FREQUENCY

STEP 11: SCROLL DOWN TO SYMBOL RATE AND ENTER THE NUMBERS 27500

STEP 12: SCROLL DOWN TO POLARIZATION AND USE THE ARROW RIGHT OR LEFT BUTTON TO CHANGE IT TO ‘H’

STEP 13: PRESS OK TO SAVE AND SCAN
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:39am On Jan 22, 2010
mr man. on the new T.P EPG isnt showing again angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GTay(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ Urfriend, why do you always fail to mention the most important rule:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE UPGRADE PROCESS MUST NOT BE INTERRUPTED WHEN ONGOING
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
urfriend you exert so much un-neccesary energy answering questions about upgrade
and the like and you can't muster enough courage to answer a simple question.
is that how you hope to retain your customers? 
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by masterkay: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
i have credit passes in eng,math,chem,bio,agric,econs and geography.

Can i study any of these:

ECONOMICS

SOCIOLOGY

MARKETING

BANKING AND FINANCE

PHILOSOPHY

PLEASE DONT REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT SURE,

THANKS
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2010
trying to upgrade following your instruction on your website. after everything went off and is nt coming up again. wot do i do? i lived in abuja.  

That's what happen to my decoder too when i was trying to upgrade(Bb rrr) That's what is showing on the screen panel of my decoder. Note: There was no interuptions from nepa cos i was using my generator and also my systems where connected to UPS. pls what can we do.Do i take it to your office for proper check.
Urfriend pls kindly ans. I reside here in lagos.
Am an IT incline,so all the procedures upgrading written on your site where carefully followed by me.
Thanks as i await your ans.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hi Bami201,

What was the software on your decoder before the upgrade?.

That was why i said before,that you should please Upgrade to the new 2.0.7 before doing the upgrade for 2.0.11.

Please take your decoder to 10 ondo street,ebute metta (west) or 24a issac john street,ikeja for a decoder to decoder upgrade.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for your reply Urfriend.
As i told you earlier, Am an IT personnel and i know what it is if you make a mistake trying to upload a software into any system. My decoder was 2.0.7 since before this upgrade i did last night. Am just trying to call your attention to this so that you guys can look in to the download software on your site very well. Thanks i will take my decoder to your office as you said.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2010
hitv is advertising a promotion for geely cars as a 'reward' to thier 'loyal' susbcribers.
i bet they think they can entice all those who threw away their decoders to come
back and subscribe because of geely! grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hi Bami201,

Sorry for the stress.There is nothing wrong with the software on the site,just checked.

Till think you should have re-upgraded to 2.0.7 first before the 2.0.11.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ahwuyen(m): 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
My decoder is working now. wot happened was dat the set channel on tv was change after the upgrade. so i search 4 hitv and it came on anoda channel.
Bami201 pls check ur tv channel. that might be the solution to ur problem.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2010
for how long? grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by oyi2: 3:16am On Jan 23, 2010
@urfriend I upgraded my decorder and now none of my channels are showing. what am i to do now?. i live in abuja.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by lato2(m): 10:43am On Jan 24, 2010
@uRFRIEND

I DOWNLOADED THE SOFTWARE INTO MA FLASH AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUC DUELY, BUT IT KEEPS DISPLAYING CRC ERROR, PLS WHAT DO I DO. I RESIDE IN KANO. ABEG HELP COS THAT UR OFFICE HERE IN KANO 131 CLUB ROAD IS A HELL OF A JOURNEY.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by aieromon(m): 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2010
@urfriend
Ever since the upgrade,the decoder takes a hell of a time to auto-load the channels.i noticed that this happens when starting up on a non-hitv branded channel.Changing to any of the hi-channels speeds up the booting process.
Where's my EPG,nah?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2010
no EPG on the hitv channels again o!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
with the myriad of complaints being peddled here, i see why dstv will continue to be ahead.
you never get any of these embarassing bloops from dstv upgrades because they do their
homework well before rushing to town. not so with hitv! angry
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by kkkossy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2010
@urfrend, is upgrading done 4 free in hitv dealer center ebute meta?? Pls reply
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2010
kkkossy:

@urfrend, is upgrading done 4 free in hitv dealer center ebute meta?? Pls reply

Thats what they said.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Phony200(m): 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2010
Just upgraded my decoder now. I noticed the longer channel loading times. My Fox movies still doesn't work! Any ideas on how to get that channel? Thanks.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
Hi All,

Please till everyone as done the upgrade,before you will start to see many of the changes to be made via OTA.

The important thing for now is the smooth movement of all subscribers to the new frequency.

Even if you have 2.0.7 on your decoder,please do re-upgrade to 2.0.7,before upgrading to 2.0.11.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2010
Sorry for the stress.There is nothing wrong with the software on the site,just checked. That's from urfriend to me.

Pls urfriend am not here to trade words with you but if i say the software on the site is not working, definitely you ve to respect my opinion cos am not a novice in IT set up as i earlier said. Am very sound and i know what am saying. I was at the ikeja office to upgrade my decoder and i took on the technicians about the download on your site, they confess to me the the download was not ok, i was a little reserve and went on to the IT personnel there who gave me all the load down of the down load on your site and apologies for the trouble they might have cause me. so therefor urfriend pls always verify your claims very well before coming with a ans. My decoderwas upgraded with decoder to decoder, now am on 2.0.11. Thanks
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by GeorgeD1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2010
does anybody need some disused hitv decoders? i can help you get from those who have discarded theirs. grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ameboperoo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
Please I will need one o
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by bami201(m): 6:44am On Jan 26, 2010
Sorry for the stress.There is nothing wrong with the software on the site,just checked. That's from urfriend to me.[color=#990000][/color]
Pls urfriend am not here to trade words with you but if i say the software on the site is not working, definitely you ve to respect my opinion cos am not a novice in IT set up as i earlier said. Am very sound and i know what am saying. I was at the ikeja office to upgrade my decoder and i took on the technicians about the download on your site, they confess to me the the download was not ok, i was a little reserve and went on to the IT personnel there who gave me all the load down of the down load on your site and apologies for the trouble they might have cause me. so therefor urfriend pls always verify your claims very well before coming with a ans. My decoderwas upgraded with decoder to decoder, now am on 2.0.11. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (58) (Reply)

#BBNaija : Thelma Furious as Omashola Enters The Bathroom While She Was Unclad / Lateysha's Dress Tears While Twerking On Live TV (Photos, Video) / Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.