Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. (3784 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Chased Out Of Court - The Cable / ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / Names Of Those Who Made 2nd Ministerial List - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:40pm On Jan 25, 2016

Two major events occurred last week that hopefully will signal a new dawn in Yoruba land. The Oonirisa, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, visited the Iku baba yeye, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, Alaafin of Oyo on Sunday, January 17, 79 years after an Ooni visited an Alaafin. It was an unprecedented visit, which further cemented Oba Ogunwusi as a progressive – not in that jejune political usage in Nigeria – and one who keeps saying and doing the right thing.

The rivalry between Oba Adeyemi and his predecessor as Ooni is still fresh in memory to warrant a recall here. Yorubaland suffered immensely as a result of their unnecessary battle. I shall return to this later. The second was the admittance of Lagos State to the Odu’a Investment Company Limited after a meeting last Tuesday. The Ondo State governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, announced this cheering news at a media briefing.

Mimiko added that the governors have also decided to increase the revenue base of the company from N4 billion to N20 billion. Ordinarily, this ought to gladden the heart but when one remembers that nearly all the states are incapacitated economically with the governors seemingly helpless and frequent propensity to making bad economic choices, you wonder how they hope to achieve this. But then that’s why the fact that Lagos is joining makes greater meaning as other states should be able to leverage on its economic potentials as springboard for commercial viability.

The Ooni’s visit should be seen also in the light of ‘I don’t have to continue fighting you because my father fought you’ which can signpost a new beginning in Yoruba politics. Yoruba politics is used in this context advisedly as it simply means politics played by Yoruba not any particular or dominant political party. This is why the statement credited to Oba Adeyemi that were the late Obafemi Awolowo alive, he will be a member of APC appeared to stretching incredulity rather too far but kabiyesi is entitled to his opinion, no doubt.

I wonder how the proponents of gedegbe l’Eko wa that is Lagos stands alone, ideology see the entrance of Lagos State into the Odu’a group as they have always tried to separate the state from their kith and kin in other Yoruba states. They conveniently forgot that Ilupeju, Ikeja, and Mushin areas were developed by the Western Region under Awolowo, which gave birth to industrial estates that propelled Lagos at a level to the economic prosperity it enjoys today. They should also be reminded of Epe Plywood factory established by the Odu’a group too not just because of the Epe forest, but to give the Epe and Ikorodu people a sense of belonging.

https://www.thecable.ng/yoruba-political-renaissance
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2016
Buhari, Osoba, Daniel ex-govs, to commission Amosun’s 40 projects

ABEOKUTA—Ogun State Government has said that it has invited President Muhammadu Buhari and 11 past governors of the state, including former governors Segun Osoba and Gbenga Daniel to commission some of the 40 projects as part of the commemoration of 40th anniversary celebration of the state.

Ogun State was created in February 3, 1976 by the late General Muritala Mohammed’s government.

Secretary to the State Government, Taiwo Adeoluwa disclosed that the February 2 and 3 would be for the commissioning of the 40th anniversary projects across the state which would be performed by President Buhari and past governors of the state.

Adeoluwa, who disclosed this at a press briefing in Abeokuta, also explained the plan to initiate the State Executive Council, which would comprise all former governors, ex-State Secretaries to the government and past Heads of Service, who are still alive.

He said: “President Buhari would be in Ogun State between February 2 and 3 to commission some of the projects. Also, we have invited all the past governors, those that are alive, they are 11 and will be part of the celebration. They are going to commission some projects”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/buhari-osoba-daniel-ex-govs-to-commission-amosuns-40-projects/

This is the Apex of Political maturity. Inviting not only past state leaders but also opposition leaders to join in and represent the state is another reflection of the new Omoluabi wind blowing all over the SW.

9 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by raumdeuter: 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
bbb
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
I am reconciling with APC — Osoba

Leader of the Social Democratic Party and former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba, has said he has yet to return to the All Progressives Party.

He, however, said talks are ongoing to ensure his reconciliation with the APC.

Osoba defected from the APC in the build up to the 2015 general elections and co-founded the SDP.

The former APC chieftain spoke against the background of his current noticeable hobnobbing with chieftains of the ruling party.

Osoba on Saturday told our correspondent on the telephone that talks were in top gear between him and the top echelon of the APC on what he called “an amicable reconciliation.”

When asked if he had returned to the APC, Osoba replied, “No, no. But there is an ongoing discussion between us but there is no final decision yet. I believe that the good cause of the Yoruba and the nation will give us the grace to come to an amicable reconciliation.”

The ex-governor told our correspondent that the split between him and the other progressives prior to the 2015 general election was nothing personal.

He said the issues which led to his departure from the APC were being discussed and addressed in the ongoing talks.

Osoba noted that he had been a progressive and remained one; which was why he had not crossed to the conservatives.

He said, “They (his grievances) are part of what we are discussing. We are discussing the implementation of our constitution. It has been a major issue and we are discussing it.

“There was nothing personal about the whole thing. There was nothing personal amongst us. It was only issues affecting progressivism. I am still a progressive; that is why I won’t go to the conservative rank under any circumstance.”

http://www.punchng.com/i-am-reconciling-with-apc-osoba/

No place like home...
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
KanwuliaJara:
If Biafra Threads are banished from NL, YORUBA TRIBAL POLITICS should not exist either! kiss

Moderator! RESPECT YOURSELF!!!!! kiss

There's a clear difference between illegal biafra cult and the rest of Nigeria.

Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa are not illegal cults in Nigeria.

Please get lost if you have nothing better to talk about..

12 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by KanwuliaJara: 11:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
arresa:

There's a clear difference between illegal biafra cult and the rest of Nigeria

Please get lost if you have nothing better to talk about..

What is the difference? undecided
I only made a simple statement.
Why tia ya paheint? undecided
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by asEdeyHOT: 11:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
Yorubas are a GREAT PEOPLE

Very intelligent, smart and forthright

Yorubas are the GREATEST ethnic group in Africa and by extension, the black world

Yorubas are ruthless yet diplomatic. I have not identified any other set of people that are unified by culture, history and a sense of purpose.

By the way, Osoba and his Afenifere mates can go and die.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

I though I told you to get lost if you have nothing better to contribute? You don't know how to read and comprehend? Or is it a must to contribute to your silliness and ignorance?

10 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by TippyTop(m): 11:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
What's the purpose of this thread?
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
It's getting very clear to that the welfare and advancement of the SW is more than individuals and political interests...

3 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by KanwuliaJara: 11:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
arresa:

I though I told you to get lost if you have nothing better to contribute? You don't know how to read and comprehend? Or is it a must to contribute to your silliness and ignorance?

I don't need to read and comprehend natin about "area fada and sons" politics! Your territory.

Thanks! kiss

1 Like

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by TippyTop(m): 11:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
arresa:
It's getting very clear to that the welfare and advancement of the SW is more than individuals and political interests...

Say that to Tinubu
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
The next line of action is making sure that our brothers and sisters in Kwara and Kogi are allowed to be part of our success.

2 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 25, 2016
The next line of action is making sure that our brothers and sisters in Kwara and Kogi are allowed to be part of our success. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by asEdeyHOT: 12:02am On Jan 26, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

I don't need to read and comprehend natin about "area fada and sons" politics! Your territory.

Thanks! kiss

Then move away and stop derailing the thread

Concentrate on stealing images on Google and sharing them to make yourself happy

15 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 12:06am On Jan 26, 2016
FolarinLondon:
The next line of action is making sure that our brothers and sisters in Kwara and Kogi are allowed to be part of our success.

Well said.

This is settled. They know where they belong. They are our brothers and sisters...

Conference: Yoruba in Kogi, Kwara want to join South-West

he Okun people in Kogi State and the Yoruba in Kwara State have resolved to join their kith and kin in the South-West geo-political zone.
The Okun people have resolved to press for the re-adjustment of their political boundary at the National Conference which opens in Abuja on Monday November 17.
This is contained in a 16-point communiqué issued last week in Kabba, Kogi State, at a special conference of their umbrella socio-cultural organization, Okun Development Association.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/news/16239-conference-yoruba-in-kogi-kwara-want-to-join-south-west

5 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 12:07am On Jan 26, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Then move away and stop derailing the thread

Concentrate on stealing images on Google and sharing them to make yourself happy

You might want to ignore the iPoD trolls and internet nuisance.. They are low self esteem people looking for attention..

4 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by Firefire(m): 12:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Reconciling the leadership of the Yoruba Nation and forging a common ground for the further development of our region is a step in the right direction.

Believe me sincerely speaking, our leaders should come together again, speak with one voice, they should forget the injury and power play of the past, then we can demand better accountability and transparency from one another as we build and leave a united family for the coming generation.

God bless the Yoruba Nation.

Oodua a gbe Oonirisa, for starting the peace process, may your reign know peace, ka de o pe lori, ki bata o pele lese.

2 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by PentiumPro(f): 1:58am On Jan 26, 2016
KanwuliaJara:
If BIAFRAN APARTHEID threads are banished from NL, YORUBA TRIBAL MARKS AND POLITICS threads should not exist either! kiss

Moderator! RESPECT YOURSELF!!!!! kiss

Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by poshestmina(f): 2:02am On Jan 26, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

I only made a simple statement.
Why tia ya paheint? undecided

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 3:09am On Jan 26, 2016
No matter the politics or past, Omoluabi is Omoluabi in the SW...

6 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by gists: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2016
Last saturday, Gov. Amosu drove past me along QUARRY road in Abeokuta as if he is an ordinary citizen (i.e No siren, no excessive entourage - not even press/media team). It was so ordinary that I didn't notice it was him otherwise I would have taken a picture. It was my brother that was driving my car that called my attention to it and I had to asked if that is how he usually moves around town quietly.
That is the typical character of Omoluabi in the SW.

6 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by omenka(m): 4:31am On Jan 26, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Yorubas are a GREAT PEOPLE

Very intelligent, smart and forthright

Yorubas are the GREATEST ethnic group in Africa and by extension, the black world

Yorubas are ruthless yet diplomatic. I have not identified any other set of people that are unified by culture, history and a sense of purpose.

By the way, Osoba and his Afenifere mates can go and die.

Hain! Una too get mouth! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by omenka(m): 4:32am On Jan 26, 2016
arresa:

Bros, why not simply ignore him let him keep talking to himself??

2 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by modath(f): 4:37am On Jan 26, 2016
YO YO YO, YO YO YO

Yoruba yo yo yo yo bi ina ale

Yoruba ru ru ru bi omi okun oo

Yoruba baba ni baba n se...

Copyright.. "Ayinla KollingtOn"

Oga na Master lojokojo.... anybody wey wan try to step to us, stand back, no be "instrument" measuring contest, it is simple logic...

Identify a leader wey make free education, free trade & industry the focal points of his growth agenda for his people...

Then una fit come back to "make noise"..

RIP Pa Obafemi Awolowo, visionary extra ordinaire...

3 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by modath(f): 4:56am On Jan 26, 2016
omenka:
Hain! Una too get mouth! cheesycheesycheesy

Any Yoruba (minus the acadas & the extremely FEW)wey nor get mouth deserve side eye!!!!
We are too mouthed joo... cheesy ,

Hardly will you find amongst us folks who don't stand for our culture, people & "exceptional" leaders, not like some wannabes who dey watch from the sidelines when dem friends be hurling invectives at their people.....

2 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by omenka(m): 5:01am On Jan 26, 2016
modath:

Any Yoruba (minus the acadas & the extremely FEW)wey nor get mouth deserve side eye!!!!
We are too mouthed joo... cheesy ,

Hardly will you find amongst us folks who don't stand for our culture, people & "exceptional" leaders, not like some wannabes who dey watch from the sidelines when dem friends be hurling invectives at their people.....

Lmao. No be lie. I can testify to that from my experiences during NYSC. cheesy

That cat sef get Omoluabi swagg. grin

Why in God's name can't some people just mind their business?? What has this thread got to do with them?? What sort of misplaced hatred is this

3 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by arresa: 5:07am On Jan 26, 2016
gists:
Last saturday, Gov. Amosu drove past me along QUARRY road in Abeokuta as if he is an ordinary citizen (i.e No siren, no excessive entourage - not even press/media team). It was so ordinary that I didn't notice it was him otherwise I would have taken a picture. It was my brother that was driving my car that called my attention to it and I had to asked if that is how he usually moves around town quietly.
That is the typical character of Omoluabi in the SW.

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 26, 2016
nice one, Hater's piss off.

2 Likes

Re: SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable. by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 26, 2016
Itesiwaju omo o'odua

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers To Exxonmobil : Stop Deceiving The World. Picture. / I'm 99% Sure Something Is Wrong With Buhari. / Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.