Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting (22273 Views)

What Amaechi Told Me About APC Leaders Emergency Meeting With Buhari-Dele Momodu / Oil Price Crash: Worst Days For Nigeria Over – OPEC / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Osakah24(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2016
Iran are very vindictive. Terrorists
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by kennyman2000(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmmmm...
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by agitator: 11:40am On Jan 26, 2016
lol, great attempt. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2016
seunmsg:

All OPEC members have a daily production quota. So, what Nigeria will be asking for at the emergency meeting is a general cut in members quotas across board. One country alone cutting production cannot be effective but when it's a collective decision, the effect will be significant. It is an inevitable decision if the oil producing countries want stability to return to the crude oil market.
OPEC is already doing more than their quota. About 2 million additional. OPEC countries alone cutting production isn't advisable either. I think it's time for every producer to meet and cut supply not just OPEC.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by ITSaWRAPOUTFITS: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2016
interesting
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:42am On Jan 26, 2016
gozmok1:
my 100% support goes to iranian government BECAUSE the zoo President does not have any atom of sense left with him

Borrow some sense it is free of charge
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2016
wirinet:

If Iran can survive all these years under sanctions without exporting crude at all, then low oil prices should not be a concern at all.

The question is, how was Iran able to survive and indeed thrive without exporting crude? How were they able to fund exports? How were they able to stabilize their currency?

I think Nigeria should go and take lessons from Iran on how to survive without oil.

The question is will Nigeria learn?
besides I think its a little too late for that now.
The only solution is to sit tight and ride this through
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Panzerfaust(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2016
publicenemy:
Lol

He doesn't have to prove anything to you. He is ruling Nigeria for the second time while father who is likely as old as him if not older is not known for anything and will die like he never lived.
That's harsh.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by bishop4life(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

Which Nigeria? This buhari's cabinet?

I laff in french...
They should just give GEJ back the mandate and let him make this country prosperous once again.

In as much as I don't like PA Bubu, just keep GEJ of the topic. Nigeria will never be OK with those men up there. Our only solution to quick recovery is revolution. But unfortunately even our youths are worst. I mean what else do they know other than dance chockey? Eat free rice and chicken, join cult groups that only specialize in raping 3yr old. Then log in to nairaland and insult themselves.
Forget it, Nigeria is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by tuna4servi(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2016
gozmok1:
my 100% support goes to iranian government BECAUSE the zoo President does not have any atom of sense left with him
Respect ur president even if he's not doing well,u can never see d Americans insult dere president d way we do here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by charloski(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2016
wirinet:

If Iran can survive all these years under sanctions without exporting crude at all, then low oil prices should not be a concern at all.

The question is, how was Iran able to survive and indeed thrive without exporting crude? How were they able to fund exports? How were they able to stabilize their currency?

I think Nigeria should go and take lessons from Iran on how to survive without oil.

I totally Agree with you on.... How did they survive, i think it is time nigeria starts to look into other sectors for export.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2016
OPEC cannot cut oil production, otherwise USA & RUSSIA will collect their market share. The world oil leeaders , saudia arabia. Is playing the waiting game, the middle east are making profits even if oil sells @ 20$/barrel. So they are playing the game of "How low can you go before you closeup shop" dats the msg they are sending out

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by optimusprime2(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2016
wirinet:

Who told you Iran's economy fared well without an oil market?
Were you there?
Do you have any idea that Iran's currency literally was screwed up?
Inflation was the order of the day in Iran. Lemme spell it to you, as of early 2015, 1 Nigerian Naira = 300 Iranian Rials ... Even now Nigeria's currency took a hit and nose dived, 1NGN = 151 Iranian. Rials Iran is just gathering momentum now.
Please, Iran is a bad example to state for Nigeria to emulate regarding a diversified economy non dependent on a thriving oil market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by whadda(m): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2016
When I read Some peoles comment, I'm like are you just happy with the situation as if, if oil is not stabilize the whole nigeria wil not nigeria be affected. instead for them to pray for things to get better.
Some people can be negative sha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by shaqhead: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2016
wirinet:

I beg to disagree with you that we can as it stands NOW there is any magic wand that iran utilised that we can also employ considering the uniqueness of their situation compared to ours.

The sanctions that was imposed on iran ddnt take them by surprise...cant type much right now...read this http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/19/western-economic-sanctions-and-irans-survival-strategy/ because it captures what I want to explain to you.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by emmydallas(m): 11:56am On Jan 26, 2016
very soon this oyel that make us ONE NIGERIA will be cheaper than table water and naira will have the same value with tissue paper..Nnamdi kanu..niger area is in one big Almighty mess.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by emmydallas(m): 11:56am On Jan 26, 2016
very soon this oyel that make us ONE NIGERIA will be cheaper than table water and naira will have the same value with tissue paper..Nnamdi kanu..niger area is in one big Almighty mess.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Chubhie: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
publicenemy:
Lol

He doesn't have to prove anything to you. He is ruling Nigeria for the second time while father who is likely as old as him if not older is not known for anything and will die like he never lived.
LOL. He claims to be a new sheriff in town with the Midas touch to stabilise oil prices. it will be interesting to watch him mount the podium and table arguments on how he intends go about it.

A supreme leader as Buhari shouldn't be scared to look Iran eye ball to eye ball and explain that the reasons he massacred the Shiites was their failure to give right of way to one of his finest generals.

Just for the records. buhari can't command my respect talkless of ruling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by amokeme(f): 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
majekdom2:
do you know Iran's population. They produce about twice of what we produce. They have got functioning refineries , They didn't geneate forex from crude import. An islamic country where you can get money from banks without interest thus, making it easy to do business. Still yet, they needed the sanctions lifted. Now compare to Nigeria.
really scary I tell you...
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by persius555(m): 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
majekdom2:
do you know Iran's population. They produce about twice of what we produce. They have got functioning refineries , They didn't geneate forex from crude import. An islamic country where you can get money from banks without interest thus, making it easy to do business. Still yet, they needed the sanctions lifted. Now compare to Nigeria.
despite the sanctions, iran was doing business with india, russia and china. If you can sustain trade balance between these three countries, you can very well weather the sanction. The sanctions only prevented them from accessing western markets and its financial infrastructure. Coupled with adeaquate power supply via their nuclear power plant, manufacturing of local goods has been at the positive recieving end unlike ours, without sanctions we produce nothing except oil.
There are so many things we can learn from iran. This is not the best time to be at loggerheads with any OPEC member.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Ola17: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
I'm sure Iran will never rest until they get back at Nigeria for the Shia massacre.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
When Iranian govt makes a statement, the 9ja govt should listen and learn.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by billyG(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

Which Nigeria? This buhari's cabinet?

I laff in french...
They should just give GEJ back the mandate and let him make this country prosperous once again.
Tufiakwa.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Chubhie: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
whadda:
When I read Some peoles comment, I'm like are you just happy with the situation as if, if oil is not stabilize the whole nigeria wil not nigeria be affected. instead for them to pray for things to get better.
Some people can be negative sha!
Prayers wasn't part of buhari's campaign promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by gogo2479: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
Any time I hear a drop in oil price, I start to jubilate because it means less money for our leaders to steal.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Chubhie: 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ola17:
I'm sure Iran will never rest until they get back at Nigeria for the Shia massacre.
Iran should understand that majority of Nigerians were against the massacre. The four musketeers responsible for the massacre are---Buhari, Sanusi lamido sanusi,Elrufia and Burantai.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Thatitan234(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Osakah24:
Iran are very vindictive. Terrorists

No they are purely passing a message.

They were banned for years and bare back, they have to pass a message loud and clear. They want to demand their respect back.

Imagine them planning to even increase level of output production in an over-supplied market... those guys are becoming bullies, since their economy isn't oil-dependent
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Koolking(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
gozmok1:

Sir, I expected you with sense to think outside the box. You made no meaningful contribution supporting Iran 100%. Don't you understand what the dwindling global oil prices tells Nigeria? It is high time the government invested heavily in other sectors. Nigeria is Eldorado of Africa and the world. There are untapped goldmines in Nigeria. We just need to harness these resources efficiently. Diversifying the economy will assures Nigeria future. Nigeria cannot live on oil forever with little to show for. The impact of oil in Nigeria has never been felt by 90% population. The sector has been held hostage by crooks and privileged few. Oil has become more of a curse to Nigerians than Blessings.

It is time to pay little attention to oil. It will dry up. Cutting down production to force prices up is economically flawed. Going the way of Iran, will hurt Nigerians more. Nigeria should ignore Iran's call and focus on workable plans.

People are being laid off. Dependencies of these people are suffering. There are no jobs. Nigerian oil is stolen in millions of barrels to other countries everyday. Oil is priced as gold on the streets. Hope seems lost. Yet people are supporting calls for production cut and avoidable skyrocketed prices. Countries with no little or no tangible resources are surviving without oil. Are we coming from a different God, that we cannot think like other developed countries of the world? Ethnic prejudice will not serve us. Let support what is workable
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Ola17: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
Chubhie:

Iran should understand that majority of Nigerians were against the massacre. The four musketeers responsible for the massacre are---Buhari, Sanusi lamido sanusi,Elrufia and Burantai.
Karma will definitely catch up with their sorry àsses.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by HAH: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
OPEC only controls 30% of oil output in the world, so for any decision to make impact Opec must carry along nations like Russia which is the largest producer and producers of Shale in China, USA and Canada.
Re: Nigeria, Iran Clash Over OPEC Emergency Meeting by Pavarottii(m): 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
bishop4life:

In as much as I don't like PA Bubu, just keep GEJ of the topic. Nigeria will never be OK with those me up there. Our only solution to quick recovery is revolution. But unfortunately even our youths are worst. I mean what else do they know other than dance chockey? Eat free rice and chicken, join cult groups that only specialize in raping 3yr old. Then log on nairaland and insult themselves.
Forget it, Nigeria is doomed.
Naija is not doomed, during GEJ's time we were nott doom. But since change came in April. Everything has gone bad. So let's go backk to him and give him a chance, to test if his prosperity was a fluke now. Cos I can tell u, u might form blind eyes and deaf ears. But people dey build houses, buying cars, renting private jets, he created 5.8million jobs. He built more schs, more medical centres, agriculture took a turn around, economy biggest in Africa, 3rd fastest growing in d world, governors who were with him were working, no violence apart from the BH, which he still fought down; EFCC indicted more people than any other administration. I can continue and won't finish! Just to mention a few. Bout right now is the opposite, inexperience wiv government starting from NASS Crisis, BUDGET crisis, IPOB crisis, SHITTE crisis, Fulani Herdsmen, northern people with more appointments, abuse of the rule of law eg raiding a governor's house, who has immunity. And not apologising to the governor, Social Media Crisis, Oil and Gas crisis, Bank crisis and em even tired of mentioning. The worst is the ECONOMY nosedive into RECESSION.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Failed My People - Governor Aminu Masari / Wike: NWC Deepening Cracks In PDP, Not Interested In Winning 2023 / Revisiting Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter To Her Father (OBJ) In December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.