Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? (28583 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!! / The Hard Truth About Your Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by texazzpete(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Man it can't
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by taurus21: 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
My advice,make sure you are not getting into a JOB. It stands for Just Over Broke. Next to the doctors and lawyers there are many people exchanging their time for low money. Someone who has a job has a limit to their income. Instead think about how you can create JOBS.

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by SSpeter(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bros your salary can make you "over wealthy".....i have seen entrepreneurs that make 28m(as in gross) a year and I have also seen some one pay slip of 41m a year....since that day..are they both not wealthy?....if you hear some people salary.....you go get convulsion......the good thing about being a boss is having time for urself and ur family. most business men were once employees....unless those wey govt help...

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
With the things in my head?.... 500k salary?..... I'm made!!!
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Odeyinigbin(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yesssssssssssssss
Yessssssssssssss
Yesssssssssssss
Oooooooooooo
Deny and discipline ursef
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by mascot87(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
Not impossible
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by hotdi(m): 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Old and FAQ here. Passing>>>>>
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by freecocoa(f): 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mich43l:
Lets not confuse wealth with riches. And am I just the only one who noticed this, but wealthy people did not actually set out to make money but to solve a problem they noticed in the society.

You talk of the Hewlett and Packards, Our own Dangote, Bill Gates and more. Yes your salary cannot make you wealthy but it can make you rich. The difference between a wealthy man, a rich man and a poor man is actually mentaality.

Once you have developed yourself as a person with many skill sets, wealth will follow you. From the movies three idiots, chase excellence and success will chase you pants down.

Lets learn to develop our skills. MOOCs are available with practically any subject from plumbing to rocket science.

http://eti.ng
What exactly is your point? I don't seem to get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
Depending on your salary alone cannot make you wealthy. You have got to have a business and investments in the side for your income to start making meaning.

Salary + Investments + business = wealthy.

Investments + business = stupidly wealthy.

Salary alone = sustainable average life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by 9japrof(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
LeksideOLM:
I heard this from a very rich man...

He said" your salary can never make you rich, it can only sustain you.is only what you invest with your salary that will be be left for you"...

You cannot be earning 500k per month nd be living a 50k salary earner lifestyle...
Or will a 500k earner will still be sitting on the street canteen to eat? Or neglect the latest designer in town? Never....

The more you earn or have, the more you spend...

#Myopinion#
The more you

fuc.king dope, spot on bro
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by latinoKingdom(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes and no, yes because if u consider some salary u will know what it means in USA a thoracic surgeon get minimum of $500000 per year, calculate it in naira and see over #100m in a year
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by netx(m): 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
it depends on your lifestyle. The simple(Bill Gate, Mark Zuckerberg) or Complicated Lifestyle(Nigerian Politicians)

Check out www.megastoreinc.com #promoteYourHandMadeGoods
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by banmee(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
kossyablaze:
Hell No

I think you mean to say; hell no in Nigeria, hell yeah in normal countries.
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Juliuxxxxx: 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
Freelanswer:
I was jolted out of my years of day dreams the other day discussing with friends. They were talking enviously about someone who landed a job where he receives N500,000 monthly. Huge, isn't it? But, as soon as I heard them, a question occurred to me and I asked: "In a year, how much will that person receive?" Six million naira! "How poor it is when you compare it with most average entrepreneurs who earn several millions in bulk severally over the course of a year!" I said. I continued: "This is really an eye opener. Even if that person receives 1,000,000NGN/month, that's only 12,000,000 in a year and it's not in bulk, and yet everyone in the family and in town expects so much from him... when a 24-year-old undergraduate made 91,000,000 NGN through MLM in 2015 alone ... I mean in bulk without being bullied around in office politics and all that". My thought process still continued after I left that discussion and so I decided to share it here.

Can earning a salary really make you rich and happy? The example given above is of people receiving some of the most 'handsome' pay packs in town and how many are they even? On the Zero Sickness Nigeria Campaign website, you will find a page entitled "poverty too is a sickness" which shows how easily even uneducated people earn 10,000,000 NGN in bulk in just a year doing almost nothing except that they invested.

From the above you'd think I do not approve of salaried jobs. I even believe you can be rich and very rich with your salary only if you invest it intelligently. The best investment is not always the one that takes you most money. It is the one with the highest ROI. To get this, do a great deal of background checks but just enough to not let analysis paralysis stop you. For example, the example of uneducated people said to be earning 10,000,000 NGN in bulk in just a year talks of an investment of Thirty-six thousand naira (N36,000) only when someone elsewhere is putting in Twenty-two million naira (22,000,000 NGN) in a property he would sell for 30,000,000 in three years.

My point is this: you can become rich with your salary only by investing it well - not by saving it away. And the best investment is not always the flashiest. Oprah Winfrey made her money by investing in "controversial self help ideas" according to Wikipedia.
#fact
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
asalimpo:
You can't create "wealth" as you define without some serious capital . Dangote was given N500k back in 1978 to begin cement importation business.
He said , as at then, the money could buy 100 mercedes benz cars.
So by todays value,that couldve been worth 500m-1b+.
He had also received mentorship from his relatives (who funded him). His family was already rich, so he didnt need to learn by trial n error.

Bill gate was from a rich family, mum was a board member on ibm, his primary school fees was higher than harvard tuition fees!
Attending a rich, elite school he encountered a computer machine , learnt how to program on it.
Microsoft's big break came when ibm decided to enter the p.c market and needed an o.s (operating system) for their line of machines. Gates supplied th os , made his money, and with that funding grew microsoft.
It is believed that his mum influenced the ibm deal.
Without serious funding, your vision will die on you. Vision , smarts aint enuff.

stop this please

his mother was dead already.

you can referece man know man for nigerian businessmen -but the us is full of self made successes

or you want to spill some beer palour rumor about zuckerberg,dell, musk, jobs, brin, paige etc?

1 Like

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
My Biology teacher back in high school once told us In class, you can never be richer than your employer while still under him.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by fineyemi(m): 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hell no because u will continue to b a slave to your employer. Sack can com anytime. Dey will use you, squeeze you and dump you. D only way out is for you to be financially intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by 9japrof(m): 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
rich/wealth is a relative word, depends on how you look at it but the truth is that if you really wanna be fuc.king rich then you must be an entrepreneur.

No matter how much you earn in salaries, the chances of making mega box would always be limited except if you are a good investor and have a good saving culture. Besides you are bound and limited cos you are always answerable to a higher authority who bosses you around.

Buh e no easy to be an entrprenuer, Ah swear cos in this "change economy" of ours , nobody wants to leave a secured job to taste the waters of entrprenuership.

Jay help us
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by seaga: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
There is this saying, it's what we do after working hours that makes you rich. The highest paying salary can only make you comfortable not rich . Irrespective of your life style. Enterprise, sports,entertainment, politics(in some part of the world) are what can make you ve the riches everyone dream of, no matter your level in an organization you are building the owners riches.
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by SleemBadGuy(m): 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
gurunlocker:
and some people stole billions

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by judedwriter(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
Monthly salary can't make you rich xcept several streams of income. But 500k a month is too mouth-watering...
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Juliuxxxxx: 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
asalimpo:
Hell yes.
If you have income exceeding your expenses you are rich. That's all that matters.
While N500k may be peanuts to you, for som ppl earning N15k, that's a lotta money.
Some ppl earn N50k and support a family on that , including paying rent. Drivers in some places earn N20-30k. How dyu expect such to react to a N500k salary!
Sombody can live on N1m and save N5m. Do that for 10yrs and you've got N50m. Do that for 30 and you've got N150m.
With the first 50m, he can build a house or two or three. With that alone he's set.
Can you get rich on N500k? It depends on you.
As for the N190m example you cited, they're fluke cases. Outliers.
Not typical.
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes, if Dasuki is paying your salary masqueraded has something else, like spiritual bonus!!!
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by abbey621(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
There are two critical flaws with your analysis.

1. You assume most entrepreneurs make close to that a year when in fact more than 80% of all entrepreneurs in Nigeria make less than 4m Naira a year.

2. You assume that a person earning 500k Naira per month won't invest some of his or her salary. All it takes is an investment of 200k Naira per month into a profitable venture or investment with recurring profit added on by compound interest and you are left with a steady cash flow.

I always like to use myself as an example because I started from the very bottom. Nowadays I make over 1m Naira per month as salary, an additional 700k per month from my investments, this might sound like a lot but my expenses are about 1.2m Naira per month when I add all the bills, taking care of family and so on, if I decided to keep the remaining 500k Naira per month in a savings account, I wouldn't be sound financially but what I've done for the past 18 months is invest the remaining amount in a peer funding site which pays anywhere from 16 to 26% per investment period. The result is this, 5.4m invested and 1.1m in profits after tax. The lesson here is this, wealthy people are constantly investing, they don't see themselves as wealthy and are eager to pursue every opportunity!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Anison007: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes of course it can make you that is if u have discipline on moni
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by gidjah(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sorry i bursted n late o!,in the place where i once worked, my pay was 29k,was able to save and buy a nice piece of land in fct,buy my first car and ...pls i teach,for ur info in a private firm o,but my other mates abi na staff who seemed to have been in d same office for yrs couldnt do than owning nice laptops!,pls ur dilligent and prudently managed pay can improve you lot and keep you on thee steady path of progress o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Deleted
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by mn09abk: 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
grin Na GLobal Alliance abi...we are not interested
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by Stanbeto: 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Trust in God as you do your Best
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by SirAweezy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
asalimpo:
Hell yes.
If you have income exceeding your expenses you are rich. That's all that matters.
While N500k may be peanuts to you, for som ppl earning N15k, that's a lotta money.
Some ppl earn N50k and support a family on that , including paying rent. Drivers in some places earn N20-30k. How dyu expect such to react to a N500k salary!
Sombody can live on N1m and save N5m. Do that for 10yrs and you've got N50m. Do that for 30 and you've got N150m.
With the first 50m, he can build a house or two or three. With that alone he's set.
Can you get rich on N500k? It depends on you.
As for the N190m example you cited, they're fluke cases. Outliers.
Not typical.

Driver 20k? Bros I need one badly o
Re: Can Your Salary Ever Make You Wealthy? by dododawa1: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
ur salary will make you rich by JIOING d cult

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Talent Is Better Than Education / About Schleez Limited / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.