Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni (44306 Views)

Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay / Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / Buhari Hails “chief Amaechi” For Abuja Railway Completion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
pedrilo:
I am ND, Ameachi will pay with his life someday soon.

“If the current problem with Amaechi is that he is not performing, I will say Jonathan, congratulations. If the current problem with Amaechi is because he is corrupt, I will say Jonathan, I congratulate you 10 times. If the controversy is because security is down in Rivers, I will say Jonathan I congratulate you 100 times. Right now, Jonathan, I don’t congratulate you at all. I say shame on you because you are not doing what is expected of you as a President.”

“If we go by proportion, say Jonathan take what you have done in any area at the national level, and take what Amaechi has done as governor of Rivers in that area, Amaechi scored better in education, health, security; the governor scored one million times better. In Rivers before now, security was bad. In Port Harcourt, which is a garden city of joy, nobody was going out. Amaechi stopped all that. Now you can go out in Port Harcourt and stay till anytime.”....Prof. Tam David West.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
SmartChoices:

Forget about the genuity of the leta question is did amaechi do the deeds stated therein? If yes he's worse than Judas Iscariot... He's taken hope from a people.... Nothing beats taking people's hope away nothing

"The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has confirmed that the Federal Government has cancelled the university project proposed by the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency."

Amaechi, gave the hint on Tuesday, when he appeared before the Senate Committee on Marine Transport, headed by Senator Ahmed Sani, to brief the senate on the activities of the agencies.

He said, “We are not going ahead with the university project proposed by NIMASA because
we have an institution in Oron, we have Nigeria Institute of Transport Technology, Zaria, and we have the Nigerian College of Aviation in Zaria which we could upgrade to a University status and NIMASA is proposing to build a new one."

So was reported and how was it Amaechi that cancelled it;does he have the power to take that unilateral decision?
And given the reasons,it is believed that a lot of issues sorrounding funds and corruptions et al-
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by yaso(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Twud be too late by d time Ameachi realises his mistakes
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by perrykola1: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Your fada..... School when I day plan to go and I day wait ever snice for..... Your children wil never knw peace.... Your evil act go follow them .... You must die

1 Like

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by bizgai(m): 9:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
Fake news
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Khez: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Useless pple,they never see upgrade o and they are thanking in advance.... Lool
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by kingsamosy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
a country designed to fail. how will a maritime university in the south affect what ever school to be upgraded to university in the north. after some mentally slave mind will shout one Nigeria. I don't see any one in the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by HappyAdams: 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
It's high time we grew smartly to know that such letter is fake. I am 100% sure that it was from those who love to hate Amaechi. I am not Amaechi's fan anyway, though I am from Rivers State: nneither Am I a fan of any politician.

1 Like

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by HopeAtHand: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
christopher123:

Judas of ubima the brother of hopeathand and the nemesis of Niger Delta

Yea, your fellow Nigerian.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Calebsky(m): 12:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Propaganda or Not, Truth is Amaechi is already a tagged Judas to the Niger Delta people.

3 Likes

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by BraniacX(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2016
wirinet:
Despite all the propaganda, amaechi is the most influencial and respected politician in the SS/SE. Even in the entire south, the only politician more influencial than Amaechi is Tinubu. Ohaneze is being pragmatic by awarding him the Igbo Man of the Year. He is a viable candidiate for the president in the near future (at least vice president). He is trusted by the north, loved in the west and popular in Home state of Rivers. the only people that hate him is the East.

Wailers are hating due to his rapidly raising profile.

you're allowed your delusions no problemo undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by davidif: 5:44am On Jan 27, 2016
What is all this 'us against them' nonsense? When would Nigerians stop letting politicians divide them? Na wa o.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by talktimi(m): 6:05am On Jan 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[s]Make a point now. Tell me what GEJ did for the Niger Delta compared to Amaechi. Amaechi did more for the Niger Delta than GEJ. So call him Judas, you can not change the legacy of the great man who chased the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria out of the country.

Keep spreading your lies, Amaechi's good work will speak for him[/s].
charlatans and sycophants everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by olisaEze(m): 6:13am On Jan 27, 2016
woodcook:

( though they are also the architect of their misfortune).
How?
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by longayink: 6:54am On Jan 27, 2016
LMAORTF!!!
Like Rotiimi Amaechi, like Tonye Barca of NL. Two people who refuse liberation of the south south from bondage.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by kachnov(m): 6:59am On Jan 27, 2016
one of them how?
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by wirinet(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2016
BraniacX:

you're allowed your delusions no problemo undecided
Who is more delusional? You that believed a fictitious public letter by AREWA, thanking Amaechi for betraying Nigerdelta interests or me educating you on new political realities. pray that we are still alive to witness the rescheduled rerun elections in rivers, we will actually put to rest the question of who is the most influential politician in rivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by longayink: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2016
wirinet:

Who is more delusional? You that believed a fictitious public letter by AREWA, thanking Amaechi for betraying Nigerdelta interests or me educating you on new political realities. pray that we are still alive to witness the rescheduled rerun elections in rivers, we will actually put to rest the question of who is the most influential politician in rivers.

Lol, delusion of grandeur

You must also agree that Niger Delta is owned by Fulani as claimed by a Fulani serving Senator a few days ago.
APC is a Fulani- controlled political party, though your deluded mind may not allow you to accept that.

With APC in control of oil producing areas, it's easier for Fulani to stop the 13% paid to oil producing areas for derivation. Arewa politicians have been complaining that the 13% payment makes oil producing areas richer than Arewa and other states that do not produce oil.

Perhaps your relation is going for governorship in Rivers state, therefore you may finally give Rivers state to Arewa. Think before it is too late.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by NnamdiN: 8:19am On Jan 27, 2016
chimaobikanu:
Ok, i cant seem to figure this.... you are now one of us? Smh*
meaning there's "them" and there's "us". grin
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by wirinet(m): 8:55am On Jan 27, 2016
longayink:

Lol, delusion of grandeur

You must also agree that Niger Delta is owned by Fulani as claimed by a Fulani serving Senator a few days ago.
APC is a Fulani- controlled political party, though your deluded mind may not allow you to accept that.

With APC in control of oil producing areas, it's easier for Fulani to stop the 13% paid to oil producing areas for derivation. Arewa politicians have been complaining that the 13% payment makes oil producing areas richer than Arewa and other states that do not produce oil.

Perhaps your relation is going for governorship in Rivers state, therefore you may finally give Rivers state to Arewa. Think before it is too late.

Ignorance at its peak. How is nigerdelta owned by fulani? So because the president is fulani, the nigerdelta is therefore owned by fulani, in that case igboland is also owned by Fulani.

If you are talking about oil block allocations, then i will ask, how many Fulanis own oil blocks. Oil blocks were allocated to every tribe in Nigeria, including Igbos. In fact it is the nigerdeltans that are marginalized as i know of no Niger delta indigene that owns an oil well.

If you say APC is fulani controlled, what will you say of PDP? before the elections, how many prominent fulanis were in APC except Buhari. They were all in PDP. In fact APC has already zoned the presidency to the north, probably to fulani. So which party is fulani controlled.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by lonelydora: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2016
erico2k2:
Frm last time I checked aviation and marine are two different modes,one is air the other is water?how does one affect the growth of the other

We have Maritime Academy in Oron. Why the duplication in Delta State. ?

1 Like

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2016
lonelydora:

We have Maritime Academy in Oron. Why the duplication in Delta State. ?

That is the question PDP and Amaechi haters need to answer, why the duplication or poliferation of universities in Nigeria? Universities that cannot be adequately funded. Egypt which is considered the hob of education and technology in Africa has only 25 public universities - http://answersafrica.com/best-universities-in-egypt.html, what is the use of will two maritime universities in the Nigerdelta? Especially now that the government is broke.

We the Nigerdeltans should be agitating for a few world class universities instead of multitude of universities that graduate illiterates. The N13 billion should be spent in Oron to upgrade it to a world class or at least an African class university.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by lonelydora: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2016
wirinet:

That is the question PDP and Amaechi haters need to answer, why the duplication or poliferation of universities in Nigeria? Universities that cannot be adequately funded. Egypt which is considered the hob of education and technology in Africa has only 25 public universities - http://answersafrica.com/best-universities-in-egypt.html, what is the use of will two maritime universities in the Nigerdelta? Especially now that the government is broke.

We the Nigerdeltans should be agitating for a few world class universities instead of multitude of universities that graduate illiterates. The N13 billion should be spent in Oron to upgrade it to a world class or at least an African class university.

God bless you my brother. Most people are blinded by tribalism and Religion.

1 Like

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
glossy6:

sharrap
Ur fadatonguetonguetongue
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by samofson: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
anonimi:

You clearly do not understand the game of DECEPTION that has been used to hold power over our entire country.
Go and confirm that the Secretary or so position in ACF is always held by a Christian minority in the north. Then do the math.

No need for any calculation here. Is Ameachi from the north? Because a position is allocated to a Christian minority FROM THE NORTH that means they would accept a southern Christian as one of their own....hmmm I am getting you

Even if it's a game of deception as you put it, these Arewa guys never ever cross that line and there is no neeed to do so at this point because they are the ones in power.

I stand by what I said about constructive criticism.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by longayink: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
wirinet:

Ignorance at its peak. How is nigerdelta owned by fulani? So because the president is fulani, the nigerdelta is therefore owned by fulani, in that case igboland is also owned by Fulani.

If you are talking about oil block allocations, then i will ask, how many Fulanis own oil blocks. Oil blocks were allocated to every tribe in Nigeria, including Igbos. In fact it is the nigerdeltans that are marginalized as i know of no Niger delta indigene that owns an oil well.

If you say APC is fulani controlled, what will you say of PDP? before the elections, how many prominent fulanis were in APC except Buhari. They were all in PDP. In fact APC has already zoned the presidency to the north, probably to fulani. So which party is fulani controlled.

You are supposed to be taken under a tree in Sokoto or Kano so that an Almajiri can lecture you on the Politics of Tribalism in Nigeria.
Nigeria's politics hinged on tribalism has bent your mind set as it is, such that you remain highly ignorant of what goes on in Nigeria's political process. Nigeria's political process makes you still lament over the fact that people outside the south south own most of the oil wells more than 45 years after oil was discovered in the south south.

You still remain one of the big victims of divide-and-rule tactic of northern Nigeria's politicians. Enjoy your status.

Meanwhile, Wike remains the governor of Rivers state as elected.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by BraniacX(m): 2:41am On Jan 28, 2016
wirinet:

Who is more delusional? You that believed a fictitious public letter by AREWA, thanking Amaechi for betraying Nigerdelta interests or me educating you on new political realities.pray that we are still alive to witness the rescheduled rerun elections in rivers, we will actually put to rest the question of who is the most influential politician in rivers.

#chuckles# cheesy

seems you replied too fast and too soon, so you were saying................................................................................ grin

can't hear ya!

2 Likes

Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by glossy6(f): 12:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
Ur fadatonguetonguetongue
fvck ur mother
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
glossy6:

fvck ur mother
To hell with ur generations and lineagecheesycheesytonguetongue
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Billygee2u: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Marcelini:
Saboteur has a new face.

Igbo man of the year indeed, Ohaneze umu aturu.
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Billygee2u: 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
weyab:
Amaechi keep it up. Soon na to cancle u coming to niger delta
Re: You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni by Billygee2u: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
woodcook:
It is quite a shame that Amaechi of all people will instigate the cancelling of the project. Why not insist that the project be completed?

If he feels the project was inflated he should ensure that those involved are meant to answer for it.

I am not from Niger Delta but truth be told, the people of Niger Delta deserved more than Nigeria as a nation has offered them ( though they are also the architect of their misfortune).

Amaechi no matter what you do to please the North, SW or SE by the end of the day you will be left with your people.

Quite unfortunate the Niger Delta has refused to learn from history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MC Oluomo & Supporters Rejoice As Tinubu Takes Early Lead In APC Primary / Forgery Trial: Buhari Threatened Impeachment / 2023 Elections: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.