Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community (27188 Views)

Atiku Abubakar: "FG May Collapse" / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times / Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by HoLEEsinner: 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hmm mmm
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by comos: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
nani212:
Saw this on nta network news last night. It was really an eyesore. After stealing and vandalizing pipelines, they will still demand for amnesty and when the government refuses, they start protesting and bombing.

It is a shame that Nigerian Government is still depending on Oil at this time.
Simple diversification or true federalism has become a big problem, because of the politics involved
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by ariesbull: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
How can feds acquire takwa bay..who will be the seller ..this is someone village ..something must be wrong with this APC government.. They are mentally lazy to do ordinary investigation

The indegenes are not spies they are just fishermen ...go fish out the vandals and leave the poor folks
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by lielbree: 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:
If the govt can take it over and resettle the inhabitants if truly they have legal titles to the place then I support. These ilegalities simply can't continue.
If I answer u e go bad for u
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
lielbree:

If I answer u e go bad for u

are u among our economic saboteurs?
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by lielbree: 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:
But the Confab report is a solution to all these. Why is the North against it and true Federalism
Because they are sadists from the pit of hell
Them with their dry land
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lagos State should tell him to recall his statement.

You dont acquire community because of lawlessness. I thought Ibo people say tgis guy is a technocrat, Im wondering!
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by hadura29(m): 4:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
dason4life:
Tarkwa Bay is the safest beach in Nigeria due to the low ocean current experienced on the
beach making even a non-swimmer to enjoy the water; unlike other beaches.

The resident should be careful and not let the government take-over my vacation spot

So you sef like that place? Omo grin

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by nani212(m): 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

It is a shame that Nigerian Government is still depending on Oil at this time.
Simple diversification or true federalism has become a big problem, because of the politics involved
Even if the government will diversify, it will still be wise for us to protect what we have and not stealing and vandalizing.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by islandmoon: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

The IJAWS

what are you smoking?

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by ogmaskman: 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
OKKO:
Let me t. ink first...
Implement confab report...get true federalism...go 100% resource control...and finally get state or community police.

Both power and resources belongs to the people it is their natural endowment from God.

True federalism cannot solve this problem. What we need is a level of patriotism at all level.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by focus7: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Some people needs to be informed that this Buhari government and the clueless Jonathan.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by goldenboy1894: 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
GEJ had d opportunity to implement d confab but he decided to play politics with it..let d wailing continue but as for me and my family,Nigeria will be great.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
OKKO:
Let me think first...
Implement confab report...get true federalism...go 100% resource control...and finally get state or community police.

Both power and resources belongs to the people it is their natural endowment from God.

Riiiggghhhhttt....

Because the best way to start something is from the end.

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
hadura29:

So you sef like that place? Omo grin

The enjoyment wey dey for that side na correct one o
grin
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
ariesbull:
How can feds acquire takwa bay..who will be the seller ..this is someone village ..something must be wrong with this APC government.. They are mentally lazy to do ordinary investigation

The indegenes are not spies they are just fishermen ...go fish out the vandals and leave the poor folks

They are indeed not the vandals, but they are accomplise.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by comos: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
dearpreye:

I doubt if the Ijaws own that place. There's NO way the Ijaws can own ANY part of Lagos, since we all moved there for greener pastures. I'm very familiar with that bay and have hundreds of Ijaw brothers and sisters but that's doesn't mean the Ijaws own Tarkwa bay.

At Topic: The FG should do more intelligence in that axis or fish out the vandals. Most of the vandals live either in the community, thereby villages or CMS....its very easy to isolate these guys. Rarely do the vandals come from outside the riverine communities.
currently the IJAWS own Takwar Bay
if you have been there, you hardly see a Yoruba man there.
even the paramount ruler there is an Ijaw man

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by arsenal33: 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
OKKO:
Let me think first...

fool. so takwa bay indegenes own the oil.

fool again
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by anonimi: 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:
But the Confab report is a solution to all these. Why is the North against it and true Federalism

No worries bro, our new president- the incorruptible man of integrity promised true federalism already and with APC majority in senate and HoR, we are all set grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by emi14: 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
The fact we need to face here is simple. South south is becoming ungovernable for Nigerian authorities. The Ijaws don't wanna take anymore. They want independence so as south east. It is a hard and bitter truth but is high time the government start working out modalities towards that end. These people do not want one Nigeria anymore. Let them go. They don't need 400 years to ripe the fruit of their land. After oil sales one man will get share of $2.1bn while the resources owners are sleeping without food in their belly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by observer777(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Power has a way of corrupting brilliant minds. Mr Kachikwu/FG should first of all ask the security people stationed there how those jerry- cans (filled with petrol) got to those huts; or were the security men complicit in the vandalisation of pipelines? The vandals are mostly from the Niger Delta and are rich and fully armed. How does Kachikwu expect hungry residents of Takwa Bay to confront those fully armed criminals? The solution he is prescribing is akin to what Babangida's government did at Maroko. Chasing away the poor from Takwa Bay will only benefit the rich who will build expensive mansions and estates there with stolen money. Security of oil pipelines should be left to the military and the police; that is why they are armed. Don't punish the poor for the crime of the rich.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

I know the area very well......I've got many of kinsmen there. We ALL moved into that area but we are NOT the owners of Tarkwa Bay.

I've got many people at Ogogoro Village too....back of Alas Cove Jetty.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by hadura29(m): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
dason4life:

The enjoyment wey dey for that side na correct one o
grin

I dey tell you, I dey plan go there one of these days make I just go relax.. I remember some years back wey b say the water just dey carry me go small small inside floater... I wan go boat cruise grin

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Sirtford: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:
Nice..

Its time we take off the kid gloves when dealing with these host communities. angry

The lands where these pipelines run through are properly acquired by the Government and yet these community folks keep blowing up the Pipelines and hoping to get compensation for the spillage.

Evict those communities and militarise the place with a shoot at sight order. This Economic sabotage has got to stop.

angry
I'm sure u won't be saying this if ur community is a host.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by babestella: 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Maybe they want to sell it Tinubu, you never can trust all these politicians currently running the country, its their time to chop. Bubu could also acquire it by proxy.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by dives(m): 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
dason4life:
Tarkwa Bay is the safest beach in Nigeria due to the low ocean current experienced on the

The resident should be careful and not let the government take-over my vacation spot

Bros how much does it cost to get to Takwa bay from CMS. Do you pay when you get to the beach. If so how much
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

Your unguarded statement is capable of causing serious trouble for the Ijaws living in Takwa Bay. Please do not endanger the lives of these innocent people with your careless statement;be well guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by aljharem(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:

what do you think you are doing ?

Takwa Bay
ogogoro Island etc are not ijaw and would never be ijaw

you just want trouble

1 Like

Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by coolscott(m): 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
dason4life:

Oh no
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by Mmadu111: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:
If the govt can take it over and resettle the inhabitants if truly they have legal titles to the place then I support. These ilegalities simply can't continue.
Imagine your home town on the same sized shoe, how will you feel if you're told your village is no longer in "A" but in "Z"?, the truth is for the FG to restructure the Nigeria Federal system to a true federalism.
Re: Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community by MadCow1: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sirtford:

I'm sure u won't be saying this if ur community is a host.

I am from an Oil Producing Community.

If my people Bleep with the pipes, Gun them down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC National Working Committee In Rivers State Ahead Of Rerun Election. PICS / Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past / Students Kick As Osinbajo Visits OAU For Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.