Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift (24111 Views)

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Tunisia Defeat D’tigers In Afrobasket Final / BREAKING: Nigeria’s D’tigers Overpower Senegal, Zoom Into Afrobasket Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by trailblaiza(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
APCcrimesHD:
When most of them are southerners what do they expect? That was how he gave the flying eagles 20k naira because they were all southerners..

Southerners, brace up for hard times from this govt!

Cancelling projects in the south (maritime university) to upgrading one in the north..

Una never see chin chun!

Bubu will suck the south dry to nourish the north..

But the question is: should we (southerners) fold our hands and watch??
chai!
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by WASMOG(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
We're u not paid ur March allowance return the money if it's too small
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by khalhokage(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
Focusing and devoting so much resources to football and they're not even good at it.

We're in the same situation with oil.

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by jtjohn(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
that's too small..........what can 600k do for them, when everything is on the high side.....

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Donald3d(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pele
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by redcliff: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
robosky02:

“We got $100 as camp allowance and $500 as bonus for winning the African cup whereas the Eagles got $10,000 for winning a qualifying match to a tournament. What we achieved was not just winning the cup but also getting an Olympic ticket – the only ticket for Africa. It’s not fair

Thats the problem with you people... you guys are not playing the game for the love of it, rather you are playing it for the love of momey and thats why nigerian teams never progress in any competition at all
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by kunle75(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
robosky02:

http://www.punchng.com/dtigers-unhappy-with-buharis-n600k-gift/

I dont know what to say but wait oooo where is their patriotism lies............. even though they need to be appreciated....they should also understand that the country is broke..............If the PMB gives out too much money people will still scream
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by redcliff: 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:
Make dem getaway... angry

If the Government Gave blocks of Flat to every team that wins medals for the Country, we would run out of Land after the 2050 Olympics.

Athletes now see representing the Country as a job rather than a privilege.

The Country is broke. We dey Owe other countries money wey we never fit pay.

Infact, make Government stop to involve themselves in sports. Make private companies take up these sports matter.

If the 600,000 pain dem, make dem return am to the our TSA account for CBN. angry

Your head is there brotherly!!!
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

Life in itself isnt fair. Far less Nigerians follow Basketball than football. Football is more of a national game than basketball. Our finances now isnt in top shape because of previous misgovernance. Please accept it with love. Its called a gift for a purpose. U dont dictate.
Our finances isn't enough to reward our heroes but it's enough to Update a Website for 700 million plus. Don't even try to make it political.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by tellwisdom: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Represent Nigeria at your own peril undecided

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Endtimesmith(m): 12:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
PMB give more cash gifts to Lions(especially the lion of Ubima) than D'tigers from Damaturu.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by martineinstein(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
orobs93:
I talk am before
This guy's are the senior national team I see knw reason why football u 17 shud , higher than theirs...

Well basket bal though

But I totally agree with them..if tins were hard at list u make the money equal not paying some higher than some..

It's good they cried out I believe next time their demands will be addressed.
world cup and nations cup are not the same
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by peacengine(m): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Why are they playing for Nigeria? They would fare better if they played for another country
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by remmer56(m): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
Well, Buhari and the senators were not patriotic when it comes to their budget for feeding and others! Sad!

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by wazobiaN9(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
APCcrimesHD:
When most of them are southerners what do they expect? That was how he gave the flying eagles 20k naira because they were all southerners..

Cancelling projects in the south (maritime university) to upgrading one in the north..

Una never see chin chun!

I am tempted to think your head was used as a basketball at the tornament won by D'tigers... or how do we explain your comment akin to someone with serious head injuries??!

Your yamayama matter aside, I think the government should do better. Sports advisers no try at all.. !
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by anonimi: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Buhari's priority is NOT the sports for youths.
No!
It is to spread PROPAGANDA through social media "change agents" embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3222083_received10153791754166407_jpeg_jpegc0a1e33a2260f680080d4b37d77f46ab
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Demdem(m): 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
Reyginus:
Our finances isn't enough to reward our heroes but it's enough to Update a Website for 700 million plus. Don't even try to make it political.

The so called heros have been rewarded, they are asking for more. That is my problem with them. Far more heros parades our streets everyday and they arent recognised. DO these ungrateful ones have 2 heads? About the website crap, NASS is working towards expunging some line items. Its only a proposal.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by orobs93(m): 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
martineinstein:
world cup and nations cup are not the same

If I was in the presidents shoe I wud have made it equal

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by APCcrimesHD: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
wazobiaN9:

I am tempted to think your head was used as a basketball at the tornament won by D'tigers... or how do we explain your comment akin to someone with serious head injuries??!

Your yamayama matter aside, I think the government should do better. Sports advisers no try at all.. !

grin Look straight..Yes straight! You see that gutter over there?? Yes that one! Now do this there: bend down, pull down your trouser and start pissing! Idi grin t!
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by princeattah1: 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
At least N1 million for all and sundry would have been a fairer option. Anyway I blame the Sport minister for suggesting a sport got a higher percentage than another .

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:

If the Government Gave blocks of Flat to every team that wins medals for the Country, we would run out of Land after the 2050 Olympics.

Infact, make Government stop to involve themselves in sports. Make private companies take up these sports matter.

If the 600,000 pain dem, make dem return am to the our TSA account for CBN. angry

You talk like a nincompoop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Pavarottii(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:

So people like this still exist in Nigeria. What av u done for ur country, u r abusing people that left UK to Naija to ur country proud.
Where has our patriotism gone to. Wen ur Moniker says it all..

Wise fo*l

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by wazobiaN9(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
APCcrimesHD:

grin Look straight..Yes straight! You see that gutter over there?? Yes that one! Now do this there: bend down, pull down your trouser and start pissing! Idi grin t!

Apparently, you are on the loose sef!! eeya tongue
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
Demdem:

The so called heros have been rewarded, they are asking for more. That is my problem with them. Far more heros parades our streets everyday and they arent recognised. DO these ungrateful ones have 2 heads? About the website crap, NASS is working towards expunging some line items. Its only a proposal.
Rewarded? How? Tell me how? What did Nigeria do for them?

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by blazetitov: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Guyman02:
This is the reason other sports have been lagging behind football in Nigeria. Me self was surprised that our SENIOR basketball team who won the African nations Cup and qualified us for the Rio Olympics got a paltry 600K while our very JUNIOR under 17 football team got N1.2m for winning gold also.
Match bonus for basketballers $100 while Super Eagles get $10,000 as match allowance.
How can they be motivated to put in their best at Rio Olympics when only footballers will get all the attention?

While lauding PMB for the gesture, he should also be guided by the Sports minister to also focus on other sports too not just football. I am saying this even as a football lover who wants to see Nigeria having a Djokovic or Serena Williams in tennis, Usain Bolt in athletics, Mayweather in boxing etc

Nobody bothered to visit us. We don’t need $2,000 because it can’t buy first class tickets; we want to be honoured properly. How can I leave New York for Abuja for a ceremony that gives me less than $2,000?”
Jes imagine!

This is their only source of livelihood and they have families to take care of while making us proud with their art and performances. I suggest you forfeit your own salary to your organisation as service to fatherland. Nonsense!

Oga, farabale. I was only referring to the past service or tournament. They can decide to stay in their respective clubs and earn their cool dollars. That is up to them. You put alot of sentiments into issues. Read my post as a whole and not fragment it for your enjoyment.
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by APCcrimesHD: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
wazobiaN9:

Apparently, you are on the loose sef!! eeya tongue
wazobiabia...go and shave ur armpit now! Or else..
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by AceRoyal: 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
redcliff:

Thats the problem with you people... you guys are not playing the game for the love of it, rather you are playing it for the love of momey and thats why nigerian teams never progress in any competition at all
would playing for the just the love of the game put food on their table or foot their bills?!
Why don't u forfeit ur salary for the love of ur job and patriotism.tongue

1 Like

Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by seveny(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
na wao. y dis PMB govt stingy like dis. they made tons very difficult. he shd make sure he treats dem wellm
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by saintmark88(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
APCcrimesHD:

Una never see chin chun!

When southerners were at the helm of affairs, pls what did they give players that did well in sport, wht did they do for the south, mind u for the last 14 years the south has been in power, excluding ya,'adua short spell, pls wht did they do.....4 d south??
Re: D’tigers Unhappy With Buhari’s N600k Gift by gigabyte13: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
Didnt they collect match bonuses and allowances? So they want oil bloc each? Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valencia Cf Vs NPFL All Stars 2 - 1 On 10th August 2016 / Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. / Azeez Saka Slumps And Dies During Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.