Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. (24098 Views)

Angry PSG Fans Hang Banners In Protest Of Possible Pogba Signing From Man Utd / Manchester United Confirm Ander Herrera Exit, Fans React (Photos) / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Unveils Matteo Kovacic, New Signing From Real Madrid (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by DesChyko: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
Andre Onana has joined Manchester United on a contract running until June 2028, with the option of a further year, subject to international clearance.

The Cameroonian goalkeeper has kept 104 clean sheets in 255 club appearances.

He won three league titles and two KNVB Cups with Ajax before joining Inter in 2022.

Last season, he won the Coppa Italia and recorded the most clean sheets in the Champions League.

Andre Onana said:

“To join Manchester United is an incredible honour and I have worked hard all my life to get to this moment, overcoming many obstacles along the way. Walking out at Old Trafford to defend our goal and contribute to the team will be another amazing experience. This is the start of a new journey for me, with new teammates, and new ambitions to fight for.

“Manchester United has a long history of incredible goalkeepers, and I will now give everything to create my own legacy in the coming years. I am excited by the opportunity to work again with Erik ten Hag, and I can’t wait to play my part in the success I know he is determined to deliver at this great football club.”

John Murtough, Manchester United's football director, said:

“Andre was our top choice to become the new goalkeeper for Manchester United, with exactly the right profile of technical attributes and personality. Having achieved success throughout his career, we know that Andre will further add to the winning mentality we are building within our squad.

“He is already one of the world’s best goalkeepers and at the age of 27 we firmly believe that he can develop even further over the coming years.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/transfer-news-man-utd-complete-signing-of-andre-onana-from-inter?

Onana had earlier shared a Goodbye message with Inter Milan as he announced his departure for Manchester.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by abibox02: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Waiting to see how it will pan out

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Oriflane(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Congratulations to all united fans

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Viva4353: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Man U o

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by orohbiro(f): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
TEN hang does not reason if you are English
Ten hang does not reason big names
Ronado bench
Maguire strip of captain band
David dea gea sold
Ten hang does not reason skin colour or being African(So victor Oshimen don't be scared)
Ten hang does not reason fans opinion he still played Anthony on a consistent basis despite criticism for media

Tang hang be like dey play the ball for field make I dey see am with my eyes grin
Even Rashford had to sit up
Ten hang is a nonsense coach

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Coronavirus1: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nice one
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by reiddecuti: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Man U? that doesn't know how to use black players...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by ZUKKYY(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Onana my man. UNITED FOR LIFE

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Asabe4(f): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Best of luck to him...he will need it grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by nairalanda1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good signing. Onana is a decent goalie. His performance at the Champs league final was great...the goal that went past him was not his fault but the fault of wrongly positioned defenders.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Blackestjunior(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by AOB1: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
grin
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by fajob: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Okay
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Blackestjunior(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nice signing!!

I see Manchester united lifting the Premier league this season.
This is how the top 4 will be:

1 Manchester united
2.Manchester city
3.Liverpool
4.Arsenal

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Emmy000seun(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good purchase, but I hope he live up to Degea level
DesChyko:
Andre Onana has joined Manchester United on a contract running until June 2028, with the option of a further year, subject to international clearance.

The Cameroonian goalkeeper has kept 104 clean sheets in 255 club appearances.

He won three league titles and two KNVB Cups with Ajax before joining Inter in 2022.

Last season, he won the Coppa Italia and recorded the most clean sheets in the Champions League.

Andre Onana said:

“To join Manchester United is an incredible honour and I have worked hard all my life to get to this moment, overcoming many obstacles along the way. Walking out at Old Trafford to defend our goal and contribute to the team will be another amazing experience. This is the start of a new journey for me, with new teammates, and new ambitions to fight for.

“Manchester United has a long history of incredible goalkeepers, and I will now give everything to create my own legacy in the coming years. I am excited by the opportunity to work again with Erik ten Hag, and I can’t wait to play my part in the success I know he is determined to deliver at this great football club.”

John Murtough, Manchester United's football director, said:

“Andre was our top choice to become the new goalkeeper for Manchester United, with exactly the right profile of technical attributes and personality. Having achieved success throughout his career, we know that Andre will further add to the winning mentality we are building within our squad.

“He is already one of the world’s best goalkeepers and at the age of 27 we firmly believe that he can develop even further over the coming years.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/transfer-news-man-utd-complete-signing-of-andre-onana-from-inter?

Onana had earlier shared a Goodbye message with Inter Milan as he announced his departure for Manchester.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Elvictor: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
You sure say I go watch man u this season?

Omoh, too many disappointment.

Glazers sell club? No

Oya buy defenders na, them go Johnny, the forgotten stone.

We don see shege well well for Man U

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Frankoso(m): 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Z
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by hustla(m): 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Was time for de gea to go

Now get a striker (maybe Kane but that's unlikely till next season) and DM and offload Maguire, Sancho, Henderson, Mctominay and Brandon Williams

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by DesChyko: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Now for MUFC to unveil him with Rihanna's song 😁

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by RexTramadol1: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Age of 27? Ah! We don eff up
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by PapalsBull(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
A midfielder disguising as a goalkeeper.

I see chaos among United defenders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Emperormartin(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Rigobert song would still be thinking where he got it all wrong by sending this lad home from world cup...

The person you pursued from Cameroon national team is now in one of the world's biggest club which you didn't even attain while playing.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by Shikena(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Our Cameroon bro don hammer!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by BarrElChapo(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Probably the first African goalie at Man Utd.

Welcome Onana, May your stay bring many more trophies 🙏🏾 GGMU GGMU.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by witsel4(m): 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good for them, I hope he doesn't become a midfielder before the end of his stay in Man U

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by adebayo201: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Oriflane:
Congratulations to all united fans

Thank you sir
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by hustla(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
DesChyko:
Now for MUFC to unveil him with Rihanna's song 😁

They won't

Probably Would have to pay lots of money to Rihannas team

Maybe iyanya's Kukere wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by YorubaPrince: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
cool
Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by whippersnapper(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Emperormartin:
Rigobert song would still be thinking where he got it all by sending this lad home from world cup...

The person you pursued from Cameroon national team is now in one of the world's biggest club which you didn't even attain while playing.
its even surprising to see that he has retired at such an early age. When he had not even reached his peak. Would be happy to see he makes a U-turn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Confirm Andre Onana Signing From Inter Milan. by MykellOni(m): 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
All I've got to say is congrats to them. I don't watch football so local man can't relate well...
I'm outta here man

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valencia Cf Vs NPFL All Stars 2 - 1 On 10th August 2016 / Tite steps down As Brazil Coach after World Cup Exit / Who Is The Most Handsome Super Eagle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.